Start by marking “Best Friends Forever” as Want to Read:
Best Friends Forever

Best Friends Forever

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  1,026 Ratings  ·  271 Reviews
How well do you really know your best friend?

Kat Grant and Alice Campbell have a friendship forged in shared confidences and long lunches lubricated by expensive wine. Though they’re very different women—the artsy socialite and the struggling suburbanite—they’re each other’s rocks. But even rocks crumble under pressure. Like when Kat’s financier husband, Howard, plunges to
Published January 23rd 2018 by MIRA

j e w e l s [Books Bejeweled]
BEST FRIENDS FOREVER is due to be released January 23, 2018. For all my influential reader friends, you will not regret choosing this one on NetGalley!

It is a tight, well written story of two women, Alice and Kat, who meet accidentally at an airport. They become friends and over the next three years we observe how their personal and marital relationships go through ups and downs.

This is a bit of an all female twist on THE KIND WORTH KILLING. I adore that book! It is a member of my TWISTER HALL
Kendall
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

What an impressive debut by Margot Hunt! 4++++ stars!

Best Friends Forever is a fast paced and heart pumping thriller that grabs you from the first page. Let me ask you... how well do YOU know your friends?!

Kat Grant and Alice Campbell met one another for the first time at the airport. Kat and Alice are completely opposite from one another.. yet have built a strong connection. Kat Grant is a wealthy social butterfly who owns an art gallery married to Howard. Alice is married with two children..
Kaceey - Traveling Sister
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Four⭐⭐⭐⭐ twisty stars
A debut thriller from Margot Hunt delivers a twisty treat!

Alice and Kat have been the best of friends for the past 3 years. Long lunches over bottles of wine, topped off with sunny beach vacations away from their spouses. When tragedy strikes and Kat’s husband dies that friendship is put to the test. How well do you really know your friends? Can you trust them when things are darkest and everything is at stake?

Told in present and past timelines through Alice’s POV. From thei
Norma * Traveling Sister
Whoa! What an ending!!!

BEST FRIENDS FOREVER by MARGOT HUNT is an intriguing, enjoyable, fast-paced, and intense psychological thriller that had me totally engaged and interested right from the very first page. I was totally immersed in this tale about the relationship between two best friends and the suspicious death of one of their husbands. I had fun trying to figure out what was going on here with what was real and what wasn't with their friendship.

MARGOT HUNT delivers a well-written, suspen
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: Suddenly it all became clear. Kat wasn’t just wealthy. She came from capital M money. The sort of money that doesn't just last a lifetime, but through multiple generations thereafter. It would be nothing to a multimillionaire to set up his daughter in a Palm Beach art gallery. Just a carrot to tempt his headstrong daughter to return home to South Florida.

I had never thought of myself as a covetous person and firmly believed jealousy was wasted energy. There would always be someone with
Melisa - Traveling Sister
Best friends forever and ever.

I hate to say I figured out the ending to this one early on, but it was still a well-written thriller that will keep you turning the pages to see how the story unfolds.

Alice and Nat are best friends from different sides of the track who have forged an unlikely friendship after meeting at the airport. Their personalities are well-developed and their relationship is fascinating in its dynamics. The chapters alternate between past and present which gives the reader a
Carrie
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Best Friends Forever by Margot Hunt is another thriller that I can easily say grabbed me from the opening pages and just wouldn’t let go. Dropping into Alice’s life we know she is a busy wife and mother who never expected to find the police on her doorstep but that is just what happened to her one morning as she was making breakfast before getting her children off to school.

Alice’s friend’s husband had died recently from what she thought was a tragic accident so why are the police wanting to que
Susanne Strong
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Deliciously Wicked Stars.

Twisty, turny and completely captivating, “Best Friends Forever” by Margot Hunt is one heck of a debut that should not be missed.

Kat and Alice meet in an airport and become fast friends. These two women are from very different worlds: Kat is extremely wealthy, while Alice and her husband struggle to make ends meet. You’d think they have nothing in common, yet somehow these two women click. And just like that they share absolutely everything, much to their husbands’ cha
Nazanin
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Alice is a married woman with two children, has an ordinary life and like other couples, she and her husband have their ups and downs. Kat comes from money. Alice and Kat met each other in an airport and after that they became best friends. Kat’s life isn’t what others think, her husband wasn’t a likable person. Even Alice and her husband had a hard time to warm up to him, they and Kat just tolerated him. Alice and Kat are best friends so Alice knows everything about Kat’s life mostly abo
Theresa Alan
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this well-done novel by Margot Hunt. Alice, a PhD in mathematics who writes logic books for children, meets Kat at an airport and they become fast friends. After three years of friendship, Alice is arrested for the murder of Kat’s husband Howard, a drunk who, according to Kat, was a physically abusive serial cheater.

The book goes back and forth from the present day through the progression of Alice’s friendship with Kat. Kat is ridiculously wealthy while Alice is constantly strug
Monica
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: give-aways
Another fantastic psychological thriller to round out my 2017! It was extremely well written and I was quickly invested in all the characters. Although Kat and Alice’s friendship seemed unusual, they had a genuine connection.

The novel was fast paced, moving from the present to various prior points in the women’s relationship. If anything seemed forced, it would be the short period, only three years, they were best friends. Apparently that’s plenty of time to share secrets which combine their tw
Marialyce
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This was a nicely done thriller. However, you could see what was going on from almost the get go. I would have to say that the ending was somewhat of a surprise. Do we ever really know people?
BIBLIOMANIAC MJ
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You will have a serious case of FOMO if you don't get your hands on this one!

Best Friends Forever starts off with a bang and will have you in its grips until the very end. While Alice is up early making breakfast for her family, she is surprised to discover two police officers at her front door, wanting to question her over her best friend Kat's alcoholic, abusive, womanising, disgrace of a husband's suicide, now being considered a murder.

Kat and Alice couldn't be more different as far as their
Sarah Joint
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lunches with expensive wine, shared secrets, long conversations, and even girls vacations... Kat and Alice have an amazing friendship. Their chance meeting in an airport seems to have enriched both of their lives. They round each other out... left-brained Alice and right-brained Kat.

I found Alice easy to identify with, especially at first. She hardly gets any time to herself and doesn't really have girlfriends, so when charming Kat strikes up a friendship, she's all for it. Kat makes her life m
Linda Strong
This is a page-turning suspense novel about the deep relationships women can form.

Kat and Alice are recent friends. They've only known each other for 3 years, yet they are closer than any sistesr could be. They say opposites attract and that is very true in this case. Kat is wealthy, very wealthy. She has one daughter in college and she's married to a man she doesn't love. Alice is not rich .. actually she and her husband are having financial difficulties which is putting a heavy strain on their
Gary
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Margot Hunt is the pseudonym for chick lit and women's fiction author Whitney Gaskell who has now decided to add thrillers to her repertoire. BEST FRIENDS FOREVER is her first psychological thriller and judging by this first attempt is well worth pursuing.
Alice thought she knew everything about her best friend Kat, from the secrets of her wealthy family to the fact that behind closed doors Kat’s husband Howard is a drunk and a bully.
But now Howard has been found dead, having plunged to his death
Brenda
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Margot Hunt is a pseudonym for a writer with twelve previous books, but this is her first psychological thriller. She should write more of them!

She did a great job developing main characters Kat and Alice, and they felt real. She also deftly turned the table ever so slowly on me before I realized she’d done so. At the end of the book, I had to think about what had gone before. I like that.

I don’t want to give anything away so I won’t say anything about the plot. Were things predictable? I don’t
Dennis
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Margot Hunt's Best Friends Forever is a deeply engaging, light mystery surrounding the unorthodox friendship between Alice Campbell and Kat Grant. Alice is a logician and former teacher turned children's logic book writer, with a husband and two kids living in a modest household in Jupiter, Florida. On her way back from a family trip in New York, Alice meets Kat Grant, an extremely flamboyant, welcoming, and insanely rich construction empire heiress. The two women immediately hit it off and fo ...more
Berit☀️✨Traveling Sister✨
4.5 BFF stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

With friends like these, he needs enemies? Review to come ......
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
How far would you go for your best friend?
We all have our secrets, don't we?

Kat and Alice are about as opposite as you can get. At a chance encounter in an airport, they find they live close by and so their friendship begins. Three years they have become close and integrated into each other's lives. Then Kat's husband, an all around asshole, falls from their balcony to his death. Alice gets questioned by the police, arrested for his murder, and Kat has gone radio silent.

I opened this book up on
Selena
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free electronic copy of Best Friends Forever by Margot Hunt from NetGalley for my honest review.

This book is an edge of your seat thriller that will keep you guessing to the last page. I was absolutely blown away by the depth of this book and it's characters. A story of two women, Kat and Alice and their friendship. But do not mistake this friendship for just a simple friendship. There is so much more to this friendship, twists, lies, money, greed and death. Even when I thought I h
Babydimps (Suzy)
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This was a fairly entertaining psychological thriller. The first half was good, but I found that the middle of the book slightly dragged and was getting sorta boring. It probably didn’t help that I had to abandon it for awhile to finish another book. The last few chapters had me flipping the pages faster than I could read! I really didn’t see that ending coming and that earned the extra 1/2 star. ⭐⭐⭐
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Wow, this book was fantastic! I was sucked in from the very first few pages! I loved diving into Alice and Kat’s relationship and trying to figure out what was real and was all a manipulation. I can tell you there is way more than what meets the eyes with this suspenseful read and it will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat! The characters blended perfectly with the plot, making one helluva psychological thriller!
Emma♔☯ (Bookishfix)
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
*I received this arc from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*
Due to be published: 23 Jan 2018.

What a fast paced, captivating mystery thriller! I cannot believe this is a debut novel, it was so well written and well thought out. I read it in one sitting, staying up till an ungodly hour because I needed to know what the hell was going on- I literally couldn't put it down, I don't even think I stopped for a break, I was so drawn to the plot and the way it was written. I cannot wait to see
Rachel Wallace
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Very Suspenseful Stars

This thriller started with a bang and didn't stop until the very last page. It kept me guessing until the end.

SUMMARY
The story opens with the police knocking on Todd and Alice Campbell's door to ask Alice for some background information regarding the death of Howard Grant, her best friend Kat's husband. Howard had been found on the deck of his pool where he had apparently fallen to his death from a second storey balcony. Police were trying to determine whether the fall h
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
Alice and Kat are the best of friends, even despite their differences - Alice is a struggling stay at home mom, and Kat is an extremely wealthy socialite. Alice thinks nothing can shake their friendship, until one night when Kat's husband Howard falls to his death from the second floor balcony of the home he shares with Kat.

Howard was an alcoholic, and all around jerk. Alice has never been a fan of his, especially when Kat confides in her regarding their marital problems, so she's not devastate
Bookish Ally
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Enjoyed the storyline in this tale of suspense - I found all the women characters in this book to be on the spectrum of unlikeable, perhaps some were interesting, others pathetic and one just mildly irritating. That’s why this book didn’t get 4 stars from me. The mystery itself is well played out and the landscape in which it plays out is well described. Good vacation read as it’s hard to put down.
Liz Barnsley
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m right back into my psychological thrillers right now having had a bit of a meh time about them where I felt I was reading the same story over and over again, so I made it a mission to seek out the ones that can surprise me. If you surprise me you get Brownie points. They are not worth anything but you know, it is fun for me.

Best Friends Forever did manage to surprise me. As well as that it was a brilliant page turner, with a couple of cleverly drawn main protagonists, a supporting cast of po
Amy
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking for a super fun, engaging thriller that’s on the lighter side with no graphic descriptions and gruesome murders, Best Friends Forever is the book for you! It was a fast read that kept me totally interested and while I predicted a few things, there were enough surprises that I was left satisfied.

This is told solely from Alice’s point of view and it goes back and forth between the present day and three years prior when she first meets her BFF, Kat. The two have an unlikely friend
Jayme
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller-tbr

Alice and Kat met in an airport while their flight was delayed and decided to keep an touch rather than leave it as a one time chance encounter. The two become the “best” of friends.

So, why does Kat go dark, after her abusive, cheating husband falls off their balcony?

And, why are the police suddenly convinced that it might not be an accident after all, and that Alice could be involved?

An addictive novel with characters so well developed that they actually resembled people I have known in my li
Margot Hunt is the pseudonym of a bestselling writer of twelve previous novels. Her work has been praised by Publisher’s Weekly, Booklist and Kirkus Reviews. BEST FRIENDS FOREVER is her first psychological thriller.

Learn more about Margot and her forthcoming books at
margothunt.com.
More about Margot Hunt

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead