Start by marking “Wild Wild Ghost” as Want to Read:
Wild Wild Ghost

Wild Wild Ghost (Blaize Silver 0.5)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
With everyone she loves in the grave, Ruby specializes in the dead. Trip wants to bring her back to the land of the living.

When Ruby Silver traded in her demon-hunting rifle for a Tremayne Agency badge, she didn't want another partner—losing the last one was too traumatic. But when a new case in the Texas Hill Country pairs her up with the slow-talking, fast-drawing Trip
Published October 8th 2016 by Bathory Gate Press (first published September 27th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Wild Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Wild Ghost

Dianne
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who did they call before Ghost Busters back in the day when the west was wild and ghosts and demons could be downright nasty varmints? The Tremayne Agency, of course! Poltergeists are terrorizing a small town in the Texas Hill Country and Ruby Silver, a woman with secrets, supernatural abilities and a broken heart is paired up with fellow agent Trip Austin. Preferring to work alone, the serious, yet feisty Ruby finds her resolve tested when the charming Trip begins breaking down her barriers of ...more
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the interaction between Ruby and Trip. The story was well thought out and moved along at a good pace with a good amount of story and excellent connections to the existing story line. I'd love to see more stories about Ruby and Trip from Ms. Collins.
Sadie Forsythe
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh, a shortish story in which a woman goes rom grieving her lost lover/partner to practically loving her new partner in day. It was cute, but insubstantial. A lot of buildup about a horrible, terrible, powerful demon that was defeated in about 20 minutes, with no indiction that it had enough volition to lead her there as it's indicted it was supposed to have. Basically fluff. Not good, but not bad.
Shan
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the western setting, and that ghosts and demons were focal points in this story. Ruby is in a new town, where she was sent to exorcise a ghost, she is part of some type of group that does this for a job. Ruby's last job went bad, and she ended up losing her partner, so she is out of sorts. The group also sends, Trip, to be Ruby's new partner, but Ruby isn't exactly in agreement with that decision. What Ruby and Trip find in the town isn't quite what they expected, and the situation is a ...more
Rebecca
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. I really hope this is just the beginning of a series. I was immediately drawn to the characters and the setting. I love western, paranormal, and romance. Perfect combination of all three. (Well, maybe a little more romance.)
Elizabeth Jensen
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A quick good read, set in the wild west... filled with enough intrigue, a splash of romance and paranormal mystery to insure you won't want to put it down! Lol, I really liked this story, even if it did make me cry!
Teresa S
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poltergeist or demon? A town has a few strange happenings and the The Tremayne Agency is called in to investigate. Plenty of action and a few twists make this a great read!
I received a complimentary copy of this book and freely give my honest review.

R Hammann
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found the book to be very riveting. The interplay between the 2 main characters and the entity they need to remove kept me reading. The baggage that Ruby brings with her and how she deals with it and her new partner are very well done.
Jan
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great short read! An unusual melding of the old West law enforcers, ghostbusters, magic, and demonology, with a side order of grief and romance. The publisher's blurb isn't bad, but the book is too short for spoilers. Give it a read, you won't regret it!
Marbea E. Logan
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For a short paranormal novel this was surprisingly well written. Didn't miss a beat full circle dialogue. Great storyline, and intense dramatic characters!
Gypsy Madden
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wild Wild Ghost is a delightful short paranormal story with a Western setting, and a good opening to what feels like will be a fun series. There are further secrets to uncover in the series, as well as the budding relationship between Trip and Ruby. The town feels like it’s one of those prop towns straight out of the old-fashioned spaghetti westerns, while both Trip and Ruby are fun strong characters to follow. My main quibble I had with it (and mind you, I got an advanced reader copy, so this m ...more
Diane
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad for a novella. I like Old West with a fantasy twist.

I'd read more of this series (if it IS one), to see where things go now that Ruby/Rowan is opening up to life again, and to see how they deal with other paranormal beings — assuming it doesn't cost too much. I got this novella for 99¢.
The writing is simple, but fairly well proofread. I spotted "reigns" in place of "reins" once (an important homonym to learn, if you're going to write westerns!), one missing "of", and a couple iffy senten
Andi
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not a huge western fan, but I have to say I really enjoyed Margo Bond Collins' Wild , Wild Ghost. Her character's were fun and complex. She did a great job of capturing the feel of the old west, without getting bogged down it it, for those if us who aren't enthusiasts. Ruby was such a strong character. She is a survivor, even if she didn't want to be. I loved her outlook on life before she thought she lost everything. Sometimes you just have to live life on your own terms and let everyone el ...more
sherri jones-teachout
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A rollicking fun story set in the old west. Ruby(f/k/a Rowan) has been sent to rid a town of poltergiests. Unbeknownst to her, the agency she works for sent her a partner, Trip. Ruby doesn't want a partner though. She is still getting over the death of her previous partner and teacher. But things in town aren't what they appear. Something evil has followed Ruby, and she and Trip must get rid of it or die trying. I loved this story. Fighting ghosts and demons in the old west. This was a great boo ...more
Diana Blick
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Strange little book

This is an odd mating of a generic Western and demon hunter paranormal flavored with a little steam punk and romance all rolled into what appears to be almost a prequel to a full blown series. Or not. And it's set in a German town in the hill country of Texas. But somehow you come away liking it. Wild Wild Ghost almost deserves a five for sheer guts and novelty but it's a little short and underdeveloped for that. Nevertheless, I would probably read a series.
Stephanie Villere
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great short story!

This book is Wild Wild Ghost written by Margo Bond Collins. It's set back in the Wild West....I know, I know...who would have thunk it by the title. We are following Ruby Silver as she travels to town to try to rid it of some poltergeists. She has recently lost her partner and has no desire for another. Very good short story! I received a complimentary ARC copy and voluntarily decided to leave an honest review.
Robin
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this author! Wild Wild Ghost is a western/paranormal that has similar feel of steampunk with it's magic but without the machines (I can really see this as a cable series, just saying). It's a fast read due to the fact that the action is steady, with main characters you care what happens to them.
I look forward to the continuing adventures of Ruby and Tripp
Jessica Woods
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Demon hunting in the old west, what could be better for a reader that loves Supernatural and westerns. Fast paced with a strong heroine, I found this short novella to be highly enjoyable with my only complaint being I wanted more pages and more of the story. My review is based upon a review copy.
Julia Dawn Mason
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Great read

I could not put it down till I finished reading it. Not many books can keep my interest for that long.
Sophie Koufes
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was so exciting and captivating which kept me on my toes the whole time. Great writing style. This is a brilliant storyline with twist & turns in the plot.
Lynnette
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wild Wild Ghost

A wonderful short story about lost love and finding new love mixed with a ghost and demon!!! A great twist!!!!!
Caroline C. Broden
IslandRiverScribe
Jan 03, 2018
ghislaine belair
Oct 31, 2016
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Margo Bond Collins is addicted to coffee (mmm...caffeine) and SF/F television, especially Supernatural (mmm...Winchesters). She writes paranormal and contemporary romance, urban fantasy, and paranormal mystery. She lives in Texas with her daughter and several spoiled pets. Although she teaches college-level English courses online, writing fiction is ...more
More about Margo Bond Collins

Blaize Silver (2 books)
  • Sin & Silver (Blaize Silver Urban Fantasy)
  • Chains of Iron and Silver (Blaize Silver)