Start by marking “The Catalog of Broken Things” as Want to Read:
The Catalog of Broken Things

The Catalog of Broken Things

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Poetry. The four conceptual poems in THE CATALOG OF BROKEN THINGS question identity in the face of disaster and change, emptiness and encounter. The poems break human experience into basic components: waking, sleeping, loss, memory, imagination, empathy, responsibility to oneself and others. THE CATALOG combines raw emotional intensity with surreal imagery to explore the n ...more
Published October 1st 2016 by Airlie Press

To ask other readers questions about The Catalog of Broken Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Catalog of Broken Things

Jose Araguz
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Here's an excerpt from my microreview & interview with the poet:

In my reading of The Catalog of Broken Things (Airlie Press, 2016) by poet and 13.1 contributor A. Molotkov, I found a thematic thread made up of moments within longer lyric sequences where the given speaker of a poem gestures toward a spirit of assessing the nature of “broken things.”

We dive right into the catalog, so to speak, with the poems in the first sequence, “The Catalog of Broken Things,” which approach family narrative
Lia
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
The first grouping, which gives the collection its name, is, to me, the most resonant. The moving through each person is a fascinating shift experience. The rest of the collection didn't do much for me.
Margaret Pinard