Start by marking “A Season in London” as Want to Read:
A Season in London

A Season in London (Timeless Regency Collection)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  270 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
From the publisher of the USA TODAY bestselling & #1 Amazon bestselling Timeless Romance Anthology series in Clean Romance, comes A SEASON IN LONDON.

Three brand new Regency Romance novellas by Elizabeth Johns, Heather B. Moore, and Rebecca Connolly.

POOR RELATIONS by Elizabeth Johns
As a ‘poor relation,’ Emma Standrich has already pre-empted her dismal Season by applying
Published January 24th 2017 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about A Season in London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Season in London

Katie W
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Regency romance and it seems like a lot of them follow a similar formula. That can't be said for this set! I honestly can't choose a favorite because each story is so unique and brought a breath of fresh air to the genre.

In POOR RELATIONS, Emma is ready to put herself into a role as governess, but finds herself thrust into a mystery surrounding her brother's death instead. She's one determined woman and I really admire her pluck. I wasn't sure about Colonel Shelton at first, but he proves
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I get so excited when there's a new Timeless Regency Collection! Thank goodness they release so often ;) I love that they are a bit longer than your average novella so the stories get a good wrap up. This one was fun because two of the authors are new to me.

The first story "Poor Relations" by Elizabeth Johns is very plot focused, and although I was interested at first, I didn't form a strong connection to the characters so my attention waned as the mystery became more drawn out. There is a stron
Julie Carpenter
Each of these three novellas were great and each one gets a 5 star rating from me. There are so many different settings for these anthologies. I really have loved all the ones I've read and love reading new books from authors I love as well as discovering new authors who are fabulous too! Heather B. Moore is one of my favorite authors and her book in here shows once again what a great writer she is. Both Elizabeth Johns and Rebecca Connolly are new to me authors, I've had my eye on some of their ...more
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I love the Regency Collections! This one turns the London Season upside down.

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
If you love Regency romance, you must give this book a look! There are three fantastic stories by three fantastic authors. Each story felt fresh and new and maybe just a bit off the beaten regency path- especially the last one. I've never read a regency quite like that one before. I really enjoyed all three books. They were easy to settle in with and made me smile.

I just love these Timeless Collection books. I know just what I'm going to get with them- clean romance, no matter the genre, by auth
Annette
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency, anthology
Another fun collection. I just wish these books came out more frequently. I really like the length of these novellas. Long enough to get a good story, but not so long that I end up neglecting my kids. :)
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Another great addition to the Timeless Regency Collection. I couldn't get through the book fast enough. I wanted to slow down my reading pace, but I couldn't wait to read what happened next.

This collection has three stories. I do have a favorite, it was the last one, "A Sporting Season". It was probably because the character was a little over the top. Her schemes were very funny and James was such a good "sport" about it. It was so unique and original that I loved it.

I really enjoyed all three b
Cordelianne
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A season in London. This book was not bad and I did enjoy it, but it was not as good as I expected. The length of the stories were good, not too short and also not too long. The first story is Poor Relations, it was original, because there was also more of a mystery part in it. Overall I did not really like the characters. Edward & Emily, I did enjoy this book, I loved the painting aspect, but it was just missing a spark for me. A sporting season, I enjoyed the sassy conversations and how sh ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I'm currently working my way through Rebecca Connolly's books and decided to squeeze her novella A SPORTING SEASON in the other day when I didn't have a lot of time to read. This was a charming story! I loved how Daphne just does her own thing and causes quite the stir wherever she goes. I especially loved that James catches on right away and how he pretty much figures her out and falls for her from the start. It really is a fun regency read, very enjoyable. I only have one small niggle with one ...more
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
A SEASON IN LONDON was another enjoyable novella collection from this line with sweet and romantic stories, this time with an aspect of each story involving a season in London. All three novellas were quite enjoyable, although the last was a favorite. Those who enjoy sweet romance will certainly find some lovely reading here.

POOR RELATIONS by Elizabeth Johns: This was a fun story. I really liked the characters and I liked the intrigue surrounding the heroine's brother. The ending was especially
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)

A Season in London

I loved this collection of three novellas set in the regency era in London! Each novella
was perfect in length, not too short and not too long. I fell straight into the regency era
with each story! Poor Relations by Elizabeth Johns was just the perfect parts of intrigue
and romance! I love a good mystery and Johns provided the perfect one! The next story
was Edward and Emily by Heather B. Moore. I truly enjoyed this story about Edward
Blackwood who had lost his brother unexpect
Shash
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another book from the Timeless Regency Collection! Yay!! I love these collections, and this one did not disappoint!

Poor Relations by Elizabeth Johns – 4 stars

There was a good amount of suspense and mystery in this novella. I loved Emma’s determination to find out what happened to her brother. Colonel Shelton was such an honorable man. Emma had heard rumors and wasn’t sure what to think of him, but he proved to be the best of men.

Edward & Emily by Heather B. Moore – 5 stars

I loved the relatio
Linda
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
POOR RELATIONS by Elizabeth Johns - 2 stars
The blurb is more promising than the actual story. The romance is barely there. In fact there’s very little interaction between the heroine/hero. Had quite a hard time getting through the story even given how short it was.

EDWARD & EMILY by Heather B. Moore - 4 stars
A lovely sweet story & my favourite in the anthology. Made the whole thing worthwhile. Edward has always preferred books and reading over other pursuits from a child and remembers Emi
Suzy
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
With so many options to choose from in period romance novels, it’s getting to the point that all stories have been covered. You find yourself enjoying the writing and the author’s style, yet knowing exactly how the story is going to unfold. While being in this category, these three short stories are actually page turners. They are beautifully written. I found the authors very clever and witty and I fully enjoyed having a romance that is passionate and moving and yet still clean! Romance doesn’t ...more
Melissa
I am a big fan of the short story. Maybe it's my short attention span but I love these books. I decided to be a little harder on these books and pay closer attention instead of just giving my normal praise for these anthology's.
First book is Poor Relations by Elizabeth Johns. This was a sweet simple arraigned marriage story, that was cute. Everything was wrapped up a little too perfectly.
Second was Edward and Emily by Heather Moore this was a decent story. I just kept thinking there is no way
Corey
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes short stories bug me because there doesn't seem to be enough time for a good story but these three were fantastically done. I've read longer books lately that weren't anywhere near as satisfying to read as these.
The stories were all different and all engaging.

I received a reader copy in exchange for my honest review.
Julie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Timeless Romance Anthologies and the Regency period stories are some of my favorites. This edition does not disappoint.

POOR RELATIONS by Elizabeth Johns
The story of Emma & Colonal Standich is very well developed for a novella. I was pleasantly surprised with the detail and complexity of the narrative. Not only do you have the story of a young woman falling in love, but a story of intrigue as well. I always enjoy a little mystery along with my romance.

EDWARD & EMILY by Heather
Alisa
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Poor Relations by Elizabeth Johns
Emma is the "poor family relation" staying with her aunt and cousin, hoping to figure out how and why her brother was killed outside of battle. She immediately meets his commanding officer, Colonel Shelton who her brother praised often in his letters. But her cousin's love interest and Colonel Shelton are telling very different stories and she needs to figure out who she can trust! I liked the intrigue that was mixed into this story!
Rating: 4 stars

Edward & Em
Megan
Poor Relations by Elizabeth Johns
A very interesting and addicting story. I loved getting two romances, wasn't expecting that. Emma was a great main character and Colonel Shelton was a wonderful hero.

Edward & Emily by Heather B. Moore
A good story, but it did feel somewhat rushed. Still it's a novella, so that can be expected. I loved the romance between Edward and Emily. The last scene was my favorite, seeing what Edward's gift to Emily was.

A Sporting Season by Rebecca Connolly
I thought Daph
Lucinda
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent anthology! This is a collection of three Regency novellas with the theme of a season in London. All the stories read quickly with very engaging characters and satisfying plots.

I loved all the stories but my favorite was Edward & Emily. Such a sweet story and I loved the characters and the way they developed their relationship. And the ending—soown!

I can't recommend this one enough. Don't miss it!
Charissa
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, regency, anthologies
This anthology has three stories. The first one by Elizabeth Johns is a suspenseful Regency romance with intrigue, mystery, and dashing men. Pretty exciting story that kept me on the edge of my seat. Heather Moore’s story was another great one with fun characters where a new heir to an estate must marry or lose his inheritance, and finally notices the ‘girl next door’. The last story by Rebecca Connolly was great as well. So much wit and humor, where patience wears out stubbornness in the marria ...more
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
An Excellent addition to the "Timeless" Series, "A Season In London" might actually be the best one yet. A collection of three novellas, each one is very well written, with good characters and interesting plots, while avoiding the usual cliches. A true must read.
Deborah Andreasen
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable read comprised of three very different novellas. I wrote my thoughts after I finished each short story, so you'll know what I was thinking right after I finished each one.

Poor Relations by Elizabeth Johns
I have to say this wasn't my favorite. The characters were interesting, and the story was fine. The dialogue felt forced and fake at many points. And the romance between Colin and Emma didn't really develop. They were both too busy solving a mystery that when the bad gu
Claudia
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. The 3 stories included in this book were so very different that it made it really fun to see what a season in London might be like. Each author put their own spin to the regency era and it was really fun to read about these characters. I thought the book was great!
I received this book for free in exchange of an honest review.
Susan K
Romance, clean, a series but a stand-alone read.
This was more of a 4.5 for me as a reader, but I will round up because 2 of the novellas were very clever and really piqued my fancy!
Well told, clever premises, and such a diverting read! Really just a lovely way to get lost in a different time. The romances in all 3 were clean, sweet, and clever, the last novella by Rebecca Connelly, "A Sporting Season", left me just wanting more. The perceptive Jamie, the hero, and Daphne we just such clever and
Melody
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked "Poor Relations." I thought that the way Colonel Shelton was first presented misrepresented his character. He came off as more gruff and rude than I felt that he actually was. The intrigue of the story was a little over the top, but it was okay for a short story.

"Edward & Emily" was a cute story. It had the novelty of combining pugilism with gentry in Regency era London.

"A Sporting Season" is the story that earned five stars from me. It made me laugh aloud a number of times. Daphne
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun collection of regency romance novels. I have actually read this twice since I enjoyed them so much. Each story had wit and humor-which I really appreciate in Regency novels.
I love Heather Moore's writing was not disappointed with this story. It was very much a boy taking a second look at the girl next door. As always, a good read.
I have only read a couple of stories by Rebecca Connolly, but LOVED her addition to this collection. Daphne's approach to the season was brilliant. A little
Phyllis
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 4-stars
These three books were all enjoyable. They were well written and interesting. And I appreciate that the stories were clean romance.

Poor Relation - 4 stars -This was not a typical poor relation story where the heroine is mistreated because she is poor. I enjoyed the mystery and the romance.

Edward & Emily - 4 stars - Sweet romance between these two.

A Sporting Season - 3 1/2 stars - I confess I had a little problem with believability with this story. It was still enjoyable, I just didn't comp
Amy
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Season in London is another wonderful addition to the Timeless Regency Collection. There are three novellas in this installment. Which are:
Edward and Emily by Heather B Moore
A Sporting Season by Rebecca Connolly
I enjoyed these novellas and loved to read another story by one of my favorite authors, Heather B Moore. The other two authors are new to me and I look forward to more by them in the future.
5 plus stars.
Scarlet Bushman
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Man, I love the Timeless Regency collections. This book was a great read during the snowing and cold month of January. The three stories in this book all revolve around a "season in London" and yet they are all quite different. One has mystery and suspense , the other has sweet friendship building into romance, and the third is full of wit and humor. Highly recommend this book.
Like many writers, Elizabeth Johns was first an avid reader, though she was a reluctant convert. It was Jane Austen's clever wit and unique turn of phrase that hooked Johns when she was "forced" to read Pride and Prejudice for a school assignment. She began writing when she ran out of her favorite author’s books and decided to try her hand at crafting a Regency romance novel. Her journey into pub ...more
More about Elizabeth Johns

Timeless Regency Collection (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • Summer House Party
  • A Country Christmas
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • Falling for a Duke (Timeless Regency Collection)
  • A Night in Grosvenor Square
  • Road to Gretna Green
  • Wedding Wagers

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be