Start by marking “Amber Sky (Dark Sky, #0.25)” as Want to Read:
Amber Sky (Dark Sky, #0.25)

Read Book* *Different edition

Amber Sky (Dark Sky 0.25)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Press-ganged into servitude by a ruthless band of marauders who survived the devastating Storm, Nash has grown tired of his career– the young, undefeated champion of the Stray Dog fighting pits. All he longs for is a place to live where his family is not his enemy.

Published October 4th 2016 by Amy Braun

To ask other readers questions about Amber Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amber Sky

zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
With a short book, comes a short review.

I knew about the Dark Sky series through a blog tour and while the covers of the books did interest me, I never actually read the summary so it wasn't high up on my TBR list. Then somehow, I came across a sign-up form for the blog tour of Amber Sky and this line “While best enjoyed before reading CRIMSON SKY, this bonus story can be read at any time or enjoyed as a standalone”. Now that I've read Amber Sky , I can say that I am highly interested in th
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
I've been waiting for novellas of this series for so long that it feels surreal that I just finished one of them. I loved so many things about this novella and it gave me the strongest urge to reread the series from the beginning so I can go in knowing what I do now.
I love how Amy has an effortless ability to make me forget my own reality to the chaos and devastation that is this world she created. The brutality in this world is so promin
The Blonde Bookworm
Amber Sky is a prequel novella for the first two books in The Dark Sky series. I have read and reviewed the first two books and absolutely loved them. I am still anxiously awaiting the third installment in the series, so when Amy asked if I wanted to read a novella, I was thrilled!

I began reading the first page and was instantly reminded of why I loved this series so much. The world Braun created is rough, scary, and dangerous, but in that terrifying world lies some humans who just won't let an
Dianne
After the Storm, he was forced to survive by growing up as a Crater Fighter and although young, Nash has become the best, for which his “brothers” in the Stray Dogs hate him. Never able to relax or trust in anyone, never having a real friend except for the young woman the men used as a play thing, somehow, Nash became like the raw and feral monsters his gang has become.

Sawyer was a prize catch, the son of one of the most brutal pirates to darken the skies, the last survivor of his nefarious fam
AmeliaaXavier
Actual Rating: 4 KICKASS STARS!

description

Happy Release Month to Amber Sky & Amy Braun!

JUST WOW! This novella is what I never knew I needed. I honestly love every characters in this series but after I finished this heart-warming piece, I begun to appreciate them even more. First of all, we get to know them over again but not as the "tough marauders that people are afraid off", but just as an ordinary person trying to get trough life by living under a selfish and misogynistic leader who treat people lik
Christina
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber Sky provides the background story for Nash, who I assume is one of the main characters in the main series, and let me tell you, it's one heckuva background.

After a catastrophic storm, followed by attacks from frightful creatures called Hellions- huge bloodsuckers who swoop in to attack from an airship- humanity has been decimated and forced underground. Teenage Nash lives in a series of subterranean passages with the Dogs, a gang of marauders who like to fight each other in an arena for fu
Whitney McGruder
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nash has one job: survive. In his small dystopian society, The Stray Dogs, he's the main attraction as the Crater champion—he fights for entertainment as well as punishing anyone who needs to learn a lesson. Being the best fighter still makes him an outcast in society, which is just one of the reasons why Nash would rather survive in the unrelenting outside world than fight again for the Ryland, their hovel's lead boss.

After Nash's one friend, Sonya, is physically threatened, he agrees to go on
Cassie
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour
For a novella, Amber Sky is full-blown, action packed. From the very beginning, we are thrown into a bruising and bloody fighting pit that is used to appease the masses with entertainment. As a first-person narrator, Nash, the main character and a strong fighter, sets up a story that is raw and gritty. The details of his life as a fighter are brutal but engaging.

I liked Nash as a character, because his motives are unselfish. He comprehends that his strength is a useful tool to help those around
Once Upon a Twilight
To be totally honest, I haven't read the following series so reading Amber Sky was step one for me. For the most part I was interested, but the fight scenes read like a play-by-play announcer, every punch and move mentioned.

The main character, Nash, read like the complainy emo kid. So strong, yet not liked and detesting everything. Okay, sure, its nice he has morals and is surviving in the only viable option he has, but it was rough at times to read.

The story kept me though, seemed like too ea
Boundless Book Reviews
I was offered this book in exchange for an honest review. I reviewed the Crimson Sky and Midnight Sky and enjoyed it, so I appreciate the offer.

Amber Sky is a prequel focusing mainly on the character, Nash, as he desires something more in life. We also learn how he and another character, Sawyer meet. As usual, Braun does not disappoint. I love her writing style and have enjoyed all her books so far. The only negative I can say about her books is that they are filled with so much excitement, it’s
Pete Asmer
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I liked the main books, but found this character prequel of Nash lacking. First, the editing errors in the kindle version of the book are so numerous they were a constant distraction regularly interrupting the book's flow. Second, the author chose to write the story as if it is being narrated by Nash, but she failed to give Nash a distinctive voice. Nash's voice reads no different than Claire's in the main novels. Even word choices and syntax sound no different than Claire's. As a result while t ...more
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review

Title: Amber Sky

Author: Amy Braun

Genre: Sci-Fi/Steam Punk/Dystopian

Rating: *****

Review: This novella is the prequel to the Dark Sky series; Crimson Sky and Midnight Sky. I have read and reviewed books 1 & 2 and really enjoyed them and couldn’t wait to see what Amy Braun had in store for us next. In this review I will try to keep spoilers out from books 1 & 2 of the series for those of you that haven’t read it yet.

The opening of the story starts with a fight in which Nash is in
Elizabeth Mathis

When his captain gives him an assignment to embed him deeper into the crew, Nash attempts to refuse, until the life of his friend is threatened. Determined to save her, Nash embarks on the mission to subjugate and control a supplier.
Teresa
What a ride! Amy Braun can write action--and she can pull a reader into the story! From the first page, I hit the ground running along with the main character, Nash.

I've read the first two novels in the Dark Sky series, and I was curious about how Nash and Sawyer came together. This book answers that question--in a very action packed way. But, the book is not without enough great characters, too. Braun's character-building--and world-building skills are remarkable.

I read this novella in one sitt
Sarai Henderson
Amy Braun has an amazing way of creating an environment that will suck you into the story. I haven't read any of the other books in this series yet, but I'm sure going to. Amber Sky follows the story of Nash and how he meets Sawyer Kendrick. Its a quick read that throws you right into the action and never stops. You get to know the characters and what motivates them to do what they have to, to survive and you feel their horror when they are faced with the blood sucking creatures from the skies. ...more
Kathleen Stebbins
I have to be honest, I havent read the following series so reading Amber Sky was step one for me.
For the most part I was interested, but the fight scenes read like a play-by-play amnouncer, every punch and move mentioned.

The main character, Nash, read like the complainy emo kid. So strong, yet not liked and detesting everything. Okay, sure, its nice he has morals and is surviving in the only viable option but it was rough at times to read.

The story kept me though, seemed like too easy of a wrap
Sara
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I continue to be amazed at Amy Braun and this great series.

Amber Sky is a shirt prequel novella that brings us the story of Nash and what drove him to where he is in Crimson Sky. We find out what causes the feud between Nash and Sawyer.

Nash is a fascinating character and this book spotlights him.

A quick read that can be read out of order, but it you haven't read the series (which, trust me, you want to), then start here.

Great book!!
Nervous Nellie Justice
This is an urban fantasy set in a post-apocalyptic world with humans and horrible Hellion creatures. There is death and violence, sadness and hope. There is no sex in this book and it could be a standalone; but, be aware that if you start reading one episode from the Dark Sky series, you’ll want to keep reading.
Megan
SA Schlueter
Dec 31, 2017
Mandy
Mar 08, 2018
Amy is a Canadian urban fantasy and horror author. Her work revolves around monsters, magic, mythology, and mayhem. She started writing in her early teens, and never stopped. She loves building unique worlds filled with fun characters and intense action. When she isn't writing, she's reading, watching movies, taking photos, gaming, and struggling with chocoholism and ice cream addiction.
More about Amy Braun

Dark Sky (4 books)
  • Crimson Sky (Dark Sky, #1)
  • Midnight Sky (Dark Sky, #2)
  • Obsidian Sky (Dark Sky, #3)
  • The Dark Sky Collection