Start by marking “Look” as Want to Read:
Look

Look

2.92  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Artie is a droid programmed to endlessly perform a single task left in a world abandoned by humans. He is starting to wonder what meaning his task has. But when he and his only friend, Owen, a robotic bird, cast aside the only lives they've ever known in search of a brighter future, they encounter others that want nothing but to hold tight to the past. Join Artie the Robot ...more
Published April 1st 2017 by NBM Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Look, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look

Christine
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice little story about perseverance and finding your purpose, and realizing that you don't have to know what you're looking for when you start your journey.
The simple black line drawings contained plenty of details to fill out the story.
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
It is not enough, these days, to stick a robot into a story, even a cute robot like Artie, and think that will be enough to carry the story. Even adding a vulture, Owen, can't save this story.

The story is that Artie is supposed to be doing "something" but he doesn't know what, and so he goes out to seek the answer of life, the universe and everything. Along the way he meets other robots who are cutting down trees and destroying the forest, which is, of course, bad.

He goes to the city, and meets
Chad
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
A light sci-fi tale of a robot who quits doing his job after they've been abandoned by humans and decides to tread his own path. Along with his buzzard friend Owen, Artie meets many animals and robots on their journey.

Received an advance copy from NBM and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Well. This sounded better than it actually was. Maybe I am just not awake enough for this one, or maybe my mind just isn't in the right setting for this, but I can tell you I was utterly bored for almost all of the 146 pages. There were a few parts that had me laughing, and 1 part that had me surprised (Owen). But that was all.

The first 3 pages were pretty nice, and I was looking forward to the rest. Now I wish I just had stoppe
Jeimy
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up thinking it was going to be reminiscent of Pixar's Wall-e and instead found a robot who interacts with many characters. However, like Wall-e, this story is about questioning the status quo. Our fearless hero travels outside his world to meet other robots and ends up making a difference.
Bernadett
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ramón Fernández Ayarzagoitia
This is a very well-meaning comic and it might even be a great read for beginning kids, but I felt I've read this a thousand times already.
It's Wall-E + The Wizard of Oz. It's witty and simple but really not relevant enough. It also could have been told in way fewer pages.
But there are some good things about it. I love the theme: you are not what you do. If you are only that, well you might just be a senseless robot in a senseless existence. You can CHOOSE your existence and you can also trip a
Jen
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
This is a cute but strange tale about a world seemingly populated only by robotic creatures of various sizes and types. Arties attempts to discover the true reason behind his endless task of traversing the desert. There seems to be a vast conspiracy hinted at for the cause of it. However, no clear answer or reason ever seems to be arrived at.

Despite this obvious flaw in the narrative, it was a cute book, fairly entertaining, with clean and concise graphics. The best part of the entire work is t
Kathy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why is the robot Artie (RT) always going around the desert? He finally decides to do something he has never done before, and ask what he is supposed to be looking for. What is his purpose? His forgetful best friend Owen (O.W.N.), the robot bird, joins him on his quest in this dystopian robot world where humans have disappeared. The search for purpose theme will also appeal to teens, even though this is catalogued in our system for adults, and the adventure of the quest will even appeal to childr ...more
Angie
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This would do much better with a Juvenile target audience. Not kids or adults.

I loved this little book. It's a cute story about a little robot with a glitch, and his pet. Reading it felt like finding a book I had loved as a kid. It was familiar, and made me smile, and was a gentle reminder of an idea I often forget.
Maggie Gordon
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have no idea who the audience for this book is supposed to be. It's a bit too simplistic for adults, but the themes are perhaps too philosophical for younger readers. The book tells the tale about a pair of robots looking for meaning in their life. Things happen. Nothing really resolved. While cute, the art would have benefited greatly from the depth of colour. All in all, pretty meh.
Kate
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
If you're expecting Wall-e, you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting a cute story about a little robot who steps out of his box and expands his world, I guess that's Wall-e too, but it's also this, which is not Wall-e.
Elvadrieng
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Gives me fun WALL-E vibes :)
David Thomas
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Simple little tale of a robot in search of meaning. Okay, I guess
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Artie, the cute robot from the cover, Wall-Es his way through life when he starts wondering why he does what he does. What follows is a strange mix of boring and just not so good, that left me wondering 'why did I read this?'.

Let's start with the good things. The art was not special but it was nice. Artie's really cute, and has a nice interaction with his friend Owen, the Vulture. That's about it.

The story was filled with a lot of int
Martin
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick little read about a robot and his buzzard companion and their adventures. This was okay, nothing terribly special tho.
Ben Russell
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
Overall, very bland. Plot was boring and full of unanswered questions. Drawing was fine but uninspiring.
Jacob
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
DISCLAIMER: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

In this graphic novel, Artie is a robot on a journey, accompanied by his friend, Owen, the bird. Together they get into all sorts of mishaps including, hunting for dragons, robots designed to wipe memories, and lumberjack robots gone wild! But through thick and thin, they remain together.

The book itself is entertaining but asks bigger questions than it answers. The goal for the "theme" of the book is the age old questions, "Why are w
Alexia Polasky
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Thank you Netgalley and Papercutz for the ARC!

This was not what I expected. I thought this would be similar to Wall-E or somenthing like that, but the story was not well constructed and it was dragging at times. The beginning was great and I wanted more like that, but the rest kept going downhill. It was a good idea and the message is nice but it just wasn't enough for me.
Jenny Gervais
May 19, 2017
Beth
Jul 21, 2017
Becky B
A little robot named Arty starts to question why he is going on rounds through the desert over and over again. And that quest for the answers to his purpose launch him and his best friend Owen the buzzard off on a journey out of the desert, over the mountains to strange new places in search of some big answers.

Simple black and white drawings are in a comic style that should appeal to a broad audience, from elementary kids all the way through adults. Arty is fairly simple, almost Wall-E-ish looki
Andréa
Note: I received a digital ARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Shabnam Nadiya
Sep 22, 2017
Quentin Pongratz
Feb 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Jon Nielsen is a writer, illustrator, and cartoonist and has been drawing silly pictures and putting them on the internet for about a decade now. When he's not drawing comics or animating short cartoons for YouTube, he works at his local library, putting books away, and occasionally getting lost in the graphic novel section. He lives in Portland, OR with his small but formidable family.