Start by marking “La espada de cristal (La reina roja, #2)” as Want to Read:
La espada de cristal (La reina roja, #2)

La espada de cristal

(Red Queen #2)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  129,831 Ratings  ·  14,775 Reviews
La sangre de Mare Barrow es roja, del color de los empobrecidos, la gente común; sin embargo, su capacidad sobrehumana de controlar los relámpagos la ha puesto en la mira de la realeza. Es allí, entre el glamour y la buena vida de la corte, donde Mare carga con el estigma de la abominación, y donde conoce también una amarga traición.

Entre sábanas de seda, sin embargo, nues
Published April 1st 2017 by Editorial Oceano de Mexico (first published February 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about La espada de cristal, please sign up.
Konstantina OMG ME!!!! I ship them so much, every time they're near each other, I'm just like "Now kiss."
Tu Pesadilla I would have finished it in a day, but it took me almost 2 days to finish it! It's soo good I couldn't put it down! (if not for school) XDD

Rachel E. Carter
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: br
I am still #teamMaven. Scroll down to the spoiler portion of my review to read my theory on his redemption arc. I'm either right or dead wrong, but my gut is telling me to there is more to Maven than meets the eye.

"Mare, I am very afraid for you. Things have been done to you, things no person should suffer. You've seen horrible things, done horrible things, and they will change you. I'm so afraid for what you could be, if given the wrong chance."

description

Enter the world of shades of gray. No character
Emily May
And I am revealed for exactly what I am - a particularly stupid fish, moving from hook to hook, never learning my lesson.

^This is a pretty good summary of the whole book.

I know some people will not like that I tried Glass Sword after being really disappointed with Red Queen, but I've had a lot of luck with sequels lately. My dislike for first books like Cinder and The Winner's Curse turned into love for the later books in the series. So I thought I'd give Aveyard a second chance.

No disrespect
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
FREAKING AVEYARD AND HER FREAKING FINALES THAT HAVE YOUR HEAD SPINNING. WHAT THE ACTUAL.

I'll be doing a full video review for this soon & I'll share the link once it's live.
Sasha Alsberg
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
JUST. I CANT. YES. This book. Bless this book!!!!! That ending. Damn. I can't even type in complete sentences after reading Glass Sword (even though I just did).....
Antonia
Feb 12, 2015 marked it as reviews-say-run-forrest-run  ·  review of another edition
edit 03/14/16:
After long consideration I decided to not start 'Glass Sword' and quit this series instead - the reviews released so far mention the lack of the two things I was looking forward to in GS, action and Maven, and I do not see the point of picking it up, if I'll only get disappointed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still rooting for Mare and Maven.

Adam Silvera
I'm declaring myself TEAM MAVEN for the rest of the series. I don't mean I'm shipping Maven with Mare. I mean I'm warship-ing Maven AGAINST Mare and all her allies.

Reds, you're going down.

Best,
Maven and Adam
(THAT is a ship I can get on board with.)

P.S: Please note I do love Mare. I just love chaos more.
Sabaa Tahir
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You are not prepared for the awesome. *cackles in glee*
Andreea Pop
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cover-love
Careful, there! Unavoidable spoilers from book #1.

“Attend to your own fate, Mare Barrow.”
“And that is?”
“To rise. And rise alone.”

As I sat wallowing in self-pity, speechless, angry at this cruel world, I had a revelation -- Victoria Aveyard enjoys being an evil mastermind. She enjoys making me laugh, fall in love with countless characters at the same time and then drown into an endless puddle of my own tears. And she does it with such glorious creativity that, even though my heart is breaking i
Darth J

Basically Mockingjay

After I finished Red Queen , I suspected there would be a large problem with the sequel: too many characters and details. I was correct that I wouldn't remember them because the author just launches into the story here without as much as a previously on to refresh the audience with the story and cast. This works against the story from the very beginning, because unless the reader just finished the first book, it's all a very confusing game of catch up.

Adding to that confusio
Katerina
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, fantasy

I would be more than willing to be the one who shatters you and stomps on your pieces, insufferable lightning girl!

I swear I have no idea how I managed to finish Glass Sword. I'm not saying this because I found the plot slow like I read on many reviews, or because it suffered from second-book-syndrome, but because for the first time in my life I wanted to physically hurt the heroine with such a seething pa
Cody
Glass Sword picks up straight after the explosive ending of Red Queen. Mare and Cal are now with the Scarlet Guard but that doesn’t mean they’re safe, far from it. They're being hunted down by Maven, who is now the King of Norta. The race is on to find these so-called ‘New Bloods’: Reds who possess the powers of Slivers, the only question is, who will get to them first; Mare or Maven?

It’s really hard to talk about Glass Sword without giving away spoilers but anyway the whole point of the book i
Ben Alderson
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YES YES YES..

One of the best sequels...
Not going to spoil it.. but yes!
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)

This review can also be found on my blog, Dana and the Books.

Rating: 4.5/5

Holy hell, that ending. That last chapter. That last sentence.

Glass Sword was one of my most anticipated 2016 reads and it completely lived up to the hype, making it a fantastic sequel to Red Queen.

Without giving away spoilers, Glass Sword started right in the action, basically right where Red Queen left off. The main focus of Glass Sword is to search for and recruit others like Mare Barrow for the uprising against Silver
Dorreh
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's actually more of a 3.5. I just can't make up my mind about how I feel.

Warning: review must be read till the ending to understand the stars...........

I'm not sure what made me feel negative towards this book from the beginning. I guess you really shouldn't read the reviews for a book before you've read it yourself, especially if you're planning on reading the book either way. Since I opened the first page I had a sense of distaste towards it, that continued until page 200 or so. To be very h
Kiki
| ARC kindly provided by Orion Publishing Group via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you a lot! |

description

Blurb: Mare Barrow’s blood is red—the color of common folk—but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control.
The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince—the friend—who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind.
Pursue
Ally
Feb 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
£10.99 for a paperback?!

description

Completely and totally not worth the money. Luckily I borrowed a copy. I could not bring myself to spend money on this and boy am I glad I went with my instincts on this one. What a fucking terrible book.

I'm really not exaggerating when I say I hated this. I strongly disliked Red Queen but there were enjoyable moments. But while reading Glass Sword I could literally feel my life ebbing aw
Miranda Reads
Rarely, (and I mean rarely) do I abhor a book to its very core.

In an effort to give some structure to my upcoming rant, I will limit myself to the things I disliked the most: The title, the writing and (of course) how our heroine is actually a terrible, horrible person.

The Title

I literally cannot get over this title. Anything is better than a glass sword. A wooden one, a plastic one, heck...even a french bread one provides nourishment.

One swing of the stupid glass thing and the sword's gon
Cookie
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I AM WAITING FOR THIS BOOK.

Oh, and while Maven is interesting as a villain, he is no Darkling (my poor poor baby). With that said, I'm TEAM CAL ALL THE WAY BABY. YA GOTTA LOVE AN HONORABLE AND POWERFUL MAN IN UNIFORM.

Edit:

A little opinion of mine on why Maven will never be in the same category as the Darkling or Warner.

The Darkling is a villain who believes with all his heart that he is saving the Grisha and freeing the population from a tyrant (sadly he doesn't see that he's become a tyrant h
Jeff
@#%*$#@**!%#*$#*
Ahem, thank you for bearing with me for that little intro.

Now. Let me just get this straight.
The first book was AMAZING. Superb even.
But this book? What a bummer.
You know when you have a balloon and it slowly loses it's air? The noise it makes? Like:
pphlllllttttgggghhhhhhh....
That was me this entire time. In the beginning, I was like "OMG, this book is going to be great!" But then, later on, I'm just kind of like "meh."
Anyway, back to what I was saying. The first book was great.
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
"If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, beginning to shatter."
This book ruined my life.

I HATED it.

But I LOVED it all the same.

I know that people either hate or love Red Queen but I really do believe that this series is slowing becoming its own. Red Queen was far from original and I still had lots of X-Men and Hunger Game vibes while reading Glass Sword but I still enjoyed this book nonetheless and I'm really looking forward to seeing this series evolve even more as the later books come
Nasom
May 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, fantasy
Full Review

Finally done with this mess. This is the most boring book I have read in my life and I rather watch paint try. An annoying main character did not help either.

Shoutout to Maven's bish for suffering with me. Almost DNF a lot of times but held on because of this buddy read.

I’ve never 1 stared a book. I usually DNF books that I’m not enjoying but I kept reading this especially because people told me it gets better at the end but the end wasn’t enough for me to rate this book any higher
Sana
I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I ca ...more
Pearl Angeli
Gripping, intense, and an achingly beautiful comeback. This sequel to the Red Queen is Victoria Aveyard at her very best!

Sequels have always been very crucial in a series because they can either be a success, a failure, or in between. Thankfully, this sequel fell to the success side.

description

Red Queen ended up with a promise. Glass Sword started off by fulfilling that promise.

It's actually hard not to love this book because first and foremost, everything started with a BANG! Lots of actions were already
Beth
DNF at 64%, page 286

Just to pre-warn everyone, I'm in a bit of a ranty mode.

I've finally had to call it quits. I just feel so let down by Glass Sword after Red Queen was so good. Understandably after the way things turned out in the first book, it had to change direction. But how much it did, I just wasn't impressed. This book had so much potential. It's taken me FIVE days to read nearly 300 pages. That isn't like me at all.

My issues with this book are solely around Mare... I just didn't like he
~Poppy~
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Anyone, anything, can betray anyone. Even your own heart.”

-In the entire book, Mare was annoying. How all the heroines I read lately are so stupid? I understand she feels betrayed for what Maven did but....but ...... She kisses Cal and then she thinks Maven....

“I miss him,” I whisper, enable to hold Cal’s gaze. “I miss who I thought he was.”

- Kilorn is in love with Mare... I knew it.. He is a nice guy but noooo... #teamCal forever <3

- Shade and Farley
I wanted more of their relatio
Candace
The second book in the series, 'Glass Sword' picks up where 'Red Queen' left off. Mare and Cal are on the run with The Scarlet Guard, as they regroup and plan their next move. It doesn't take long for this story to get more complicated once they begin their missions to save the other "new bloods" and bring down the king.

Although this time around Mare and Cal seemed to grow closer, there still wasn't enough romance for me. I enjoyed the action and adventure, but I craved a deeper, more emotional
Katerina Kondrenko
9.5 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
The Spiritual Machines – Couldn't Stop Caring
That Winter, The Wind Blows – Blind Love
Tyrone Wells – Remain

Genre: fantasy, dystopia, YA
Stuff: civil war, war, superpowers, usurper, Silvers vs. Reds
WOW: writing-style, relationships between characters
POV: 1st-person, female
Giselle
All things considered, this is a book I should like. A book I would gobble up in one sitting and ask for the next one in a hurry, but I can't. I am so annoyed. The pacing for me was too weak at points because I found myself skimming over some paragraphs just trying to read it faster than normal.

I was irritated with Mare the main character the whole time. It could be due to the fact that she keeps repeating how much of a weapon she is, and how she will destroy the world if she releases all her po
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Warrior Witch  (The Malediction Trilogy, #3)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)
  • The White Rose (The Lone City, #2)
  • Endure (Defy, #3)
  • Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles, #3.5)
  • The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn, #2)
  • Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
  • Ivory and Bone (Ivory and Bone, #1)
  • A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)
  • Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
  • Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
  • The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #2)
  • Obsidian: Last Chapter in Daemon's POV
  • The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1)
I'm a screenwriter/YA author who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

My book RED QUEEN will be published Winter 2015 from HarperTeen at HarperCollins. I'm repped by the incomparable Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.

Red Queen (4 books)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • War Storm (Red Queen, #4)
“No one is born evil, just like no one is born alone. They become that way, through choice and circumstance.” 530 likes
“If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, and I feel myself beginning to shatter.” 510 likes