Start by marking “Crochet Stories: L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” as Want to Read:
Crochet Stories: L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Crochet Stories: L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Follow the Yellow Brick Road to a charming combination of storytelling and crocheting! Suitable for beginning to intermediate crocheters, this book features a retelling of the classic adventure story, punctuated with nineteen patterns for L. Frank Baum's beloved characters, plus their settings and accessories.
The much-loved tale begins in Kansas and follows Dorothy and Tot
Published May 17th 2017 by Dover Publications

To ask other readers questions about Crochet Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet Stories

Nostalgia Reader
May 30, 2017 marked it as textile-arts
A fun storybook-meets-craft book, perfect for anyone who loves the Wizard of Oz. This would also be a lovely book to use to make a play set for kids (or adults!) who are fans of the movie. I also think this would be a fun "group" read/project for kids--since this contains an abridged version of the story, it would be fun to read a chapter, and then use some of the basic patterns as a way to teach kids how to crochet, as many of the heads and bodies are simple single crochet spheres.

The few patte
Sammm
4 for 3.25

I believe crocheting isn't easy (never tried, never even attempted to try), which is why I bumped it up to a 4-star. It's not that the content, design, or the end-product is ugly or anything, just the execution is pretty terrible, like the drop-shadow for several images were just cut off and frankly quite fugly.

(Review more or less WIP. Won't finish it anytime soon, though you get the gist of my thoughts.)

A digitized ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in excha
Laura Reading
While I don't think my crochet skills are up to the patterns in this wonderful book, I was delighted with it from start to finish. The instructions are clear and complete. The gallery is delightful as is the story running throughout the book.
If you are an OZ fan or a crocheter or need something special to make for a grandchild or church bazaar, you can not go wrong with this beautiful book.
Elizabeth
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Wizard of Oz is a timeless classic. In this book it is re-told in 12 chapters interspersed with 19 crochet patterns of characters mentioned in the chapters just read. Each pattern is graded by skill level with 9 graded as Easy and 10 as Intermediate. You have patterns for each character, including the Munchkins and Winged Monkeys and even one of the Wicked Witch of the West before and after. A charming pattern book with a classic story.

Advanced Reading Copy (ARC) courtesy of NetGalley
Crochet
Kim Vanravenswaay
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I showed my mom the book, she said she wants one of all of them. The characters are so cute, there is even the house that fell on the witch with her legs sticking out under it. I think I counted 20 patterns, so there is a lot of fun to be had. Both crocheting them and playing with the finished characters. A few different weights and types of yarn were used. So if you are using the suggestions that are on each pattern, there could be a big expense to make the whole set. If you're not p ...more
Leyla Johnson
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a story book of the Wizard of Oz accompanied by crochet pattern of the characters in the story. They are quite easy to make and measure from around 12cm to 27cm and are absolutely adorable. The winged monkey is particularly cute.
What a lovely gift this would make for an aunty, or grandparent to make for that special person in their life. The pattern can easily be adapted to finger puppets and would make an entertaining story time
Davianna
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This Wizard of Oz story accompanied with patterns inspired by the characters is absolutely perfect! It reminds me of a crochet-a-long that you can read-a-long to. I recommend this for book clubs & book lovers who crochet. I'll definitely be reading The Wizard Of Oz after this!
kathyrn
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
thanks to netgalley and Dover Publications for an ARC
: description

The much-loved tale begins in Kansas and follows Dorothy and Toto to Oz, presenting patterns for the little heroine, her dog, and her
Kristina