Start by marking “The Ruins (The Ruins, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ruins (The Ruins, #1)

The Ruins

(The Ruins #1)

Sequel series to the Last Survivors series

Danger Lurks In The Ruins

Three survivors travel the ruins of a collapsed society, sifting through the rusted relics of the Ancients’ civilization as they search for a better future, hoping to escape the horrors of the past. But among those treasures lurks danger.

And what they discover might be worse than what they left behind.
Published December 22nd 2016 by Post Script Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Ruins, please sign up.
T.W. Piperbrook
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Ruins (The Ruins, #1)
Adelina Amelco
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

You must read the previous books to really understand and to know the characters. I think if you don't you won't feel, nor root for characters. But I like that in a series. I hate how some writers almost write the first books over and over again. The same things, on and on. I hate that. I just want to get on with the story, and T.W. Piperbrook let's the reader do that, get on with the story. But again I highly recommend reading the entire previous series in order to get the most
James
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

Another great story following Bray, William, and Kirby. Mr Piperbrook doesn't disappoint, keeping the action and adventure going. It's easy to imagine things turning out along this story line. Many praises for his hard work and dedication to the story.
Suzanne Hare
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sequel to the Last Survivors, a post apocalyptic, dystopian series. It follows three characters from the series as they go out and explore the world, hoping to escape the horrors they faced in the past and desperately hoping for a better future. Traveling into the unknown, they face unknown dangers while clinging to the chance they may find place where there are
people who are honest and trustworthy.

This is the first book in the Ruins series and follows three main characters, a warden,
Michael G Prouty
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The two series, "The Last Survivors", and "Ruins"' are great post apoctoliptic reads in which he characters become very real to you.
I became so enthralled with these two box sets that I didn't want to put them down because I had to see what the characters were going to do next and what would happen to them. So if you are lucky enough to get these two sets be aware that you will have to read the entire 10 book series before you can get back to a reasonable sleep routine again. VERY addictive.
Paul Scanling
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Imaginative with page-turning suspense! Gimme more!

I can't get enough of the Piperbrook novels! I'm typically a Stephen King fan (sorry TWP), Lee Child, Jeffrey Deaver, ZA Recht, Scott Nicholson and many more, and always looking for more authors' books to read. Two's series' so far are awesome! I love the fact that he took post-apocalyptic and took the people's knowledge back hundreds of years, instead of gaving the usual zombie genre survivors. Plus, no typical zombies, but Savages, Demons, etc
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Ruins Continues Series The Last Survivors

I have to say this series continues the first series, The Last Survivor, with the story of William, Kirby and Bray.

Bray takes on the role of guardian to William after he had rescued him from Winthrops crazy army in the first series. Kirby decides to stick with the boys for awhile. They discover a town and decides to stay with them for awhile. Is it a mistake staying there?
Otis Doss III
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
Really good

In some sense this is more of the same as The Last Survivors, just a different group with a different maniac for a leader. However, I found it to be a really fun and fast paced read. PowerBook has done a great job of giving the reader a sense that there is something not quite right about this new community, without revealing anything. I am looking forward to finding out more on The Ruins 2.
Patrick
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Good

I read the survivor series and pretty much liked it. My big questions are how are there so many infected and how many types of mutations are there?

This series just seems like more of the same. Maybe I'm just bored with that universe, I don't know. The writing is OK but the characters don't hold my interest this time out. You might like this one, it's not bad.
Nancy Vega
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Continuing Saga of Bray, William , & Kirby

Finding demons are still around everywhere they travel the three travelers return to New Hope. Meeting other weird
Scavengers from Halifax & a girl on the run , Flora, Kirby finds the guns have been stolen. Flora leads them back to her village but all is not what it seems while waiting for William’s illness to get better
Catherine
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ruins: What would you do?

Good character development and loads of action makes The Ruins as enjoyable as The Last Survivors. We take so much for granted in a modern world, that I often wonder how well we would do without all our knowledge and creature comforts. The Ruins is a plausible exploration of that.
Christine Bishop
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start for this series!

The Ruins is a sequel to the Last Survivors Series. We follow Bray, William, and Kirby as they face the wilderness beyond Brighton and New Hope. Piperbrook has done a wonderful job building Bray, Kirby, and Williams world. While I was reading this book I felt as if I was traveling beside them.
Miya McKim
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am once again hooked on a book series

The characters are familiar from the prequel, so following their misadventures is a pleasure. The author is thorough with plot development making the protagonists back stories meaningful. I am looking forward to continuing on my reading journey.
Diane Diorio
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Following bray William and Kirby into the unknown

Very fast paced travels ending up back at kirbys settlement only to find trespassers men with painted faces and women screaming is anything what it looks like calm outside but sinister inside bray and Kirby are on their toes but William is sick and needs to rest and get better so moving on to book 2
Susan
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bray

A little too much of what went on before. No joy ever of any kind in any of the books. Just once in a while there should be a smile .. or some hope for something better .. especially as I. A reading these during the pandemic. Please cheer it up a bit next book. Thank you they were all still terrific.
Kim Clarke
Aug 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I am awarding this book a rating of e 3.5 Stars (damnit Goodreads for your lack of half stars)

The first is a series of notebooks following a group from the end of the previous series as they head out into unknown territory. Willing to put any slowness down to building the story for the rest of the series but does end on a cliff hanger.
Todd Oliver
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuation of the original series The Last Survivors. I highly recommend listening to that series first so you'll know more about these characters and the world they live in. The Last Survivors was my favorite series last year so I was very excited to see T.W. Piperbrook continue the series! So far, book 1 of The Ruins is just as good! I'm very happy to see Sean Runnette is still narrating this series. He does an excellent job with each of the characters.
This book picks up right whe
Katy
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant book

Another fabulous read. I was worried it may be a little boring but was far from it what a book can't wait to get stuck into book 2. Finally a book that follows on from a series when we all wonder what happens after the book finishes. A must for any fan.
Julie Powell
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent post-apocalyptic story about how people cope and behave in a world that has been destroyed...new laws, 'demons', sickness, cruelties and so much more.

It's well-written and fast-paced with a great sense of place and intriguing characters.

Brilliant storytelling.

Highly recommended.
Barb Fike, The Boss
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Ruins book 1

Simply breath taking. Had me on the edge and then brought me back to sanity. Very well written and of course characters are awesome. I started to like and trust Bray again. Imagine that. Off to book 2 now. See you later.
Kat Hill
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good series

It is disturbing to remember some of the beliefs and rituals that our ancestors had and did. But so easy seeing mankind slipping back to that kind of beliefs in an apocalypse .
Christina Blake
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Wow, what an excellent follow up to the original series. I have enjoyed following Bray, Kirby and Williams story after leaving Brighton. I am looking forward to the second book in this series, if only to disco we who was thrown over the bridge...
Veronik Durocher
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

An excellent sequel to an already excellent story! I'm so happy to follow what's going on after "The last survivor", even if it's only Bray, Kirby and William. A real page turner,can't put it down!
Lois
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review

A good sequel to piperbrook series. Glad to follow William and others alone on their journey. A great written story.
Murdock Hendrix
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. I read it straight through and forgot to provide an update.
Ammugonevil
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good continuation of the original series
Jeffrey
Dec 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Don't even think of reading this one unless you've read the first book in the series
Tricia Allen
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and liked the characters and how they coped with life. Looking forward to next book
Lana Mccall
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend

This is different story than the usual apocalyptic stories as this takes place centuries after the fall.

Plenty action and suspense with twists and more twist.
Peggy Pancherz
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Storyline continues to grow and develop. Characters are realistic and get better and better.
James L Pagano
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dysfunction

I am so excited to read more of what is going to happen to the survivors. The twists and turns are going to be quick.

• The Last Survivors Box Set: The Complete Post Apocalyptic Series (Books 1-6)
  • Slow Burn Box Set: The Complete Post Apocalyptic Series (Books 1-9)
  • Dusty's Diary 4: One Frustrated Man's Apocalypse Story
  • Thrown Away: The Complete Post Apocalyptic Series (Parts 1-7)
  • Dusty's Diary Box Set: Apocalypse Series (Books 1-3)
  • Heaven's Fist Box Set (Heaven's Fist, #1-9)
  • The Long Fall Box Set: The Complete Long Fall Series - Books 1-10
  • The Long Night Box Set: The Complete The Long Night Series - Books 1-6
  • Surviving the Fall Box Set: The Complete Surviving the Fall Series - Books 1-12
  • Zero Hour: The Complete Box Set (Zero Hour #1-6)
  • Darkness Rising Box Set: The Complete Series (Darkness Rising, #1-6)
  • Dustfall: The Complete Post Apocalyptic Series (Books 1-5)
  • Freedom's Fire Box Set: The Complete Military Space Opera Series (Books 1-6)
  • The Alpha Plague #1-8
  • Nuclear Dawn: The Post-Apocalyptic Box Set: The Complete Apocalyptic Survival Thriller Series
  • The Tide Series Box Set (Books 1-4): A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller
  • After the End Trilogy: The Complete Post-Apocalyptic Box Set
  • Ash (The Alt Apocalypse #1)
T.W. Piperbrook lives in Connecticut with his wife and son. He is the author of the CONTAMINATION series, the OUTAGE series, and co-author of THE LAST SURVIVORS, as well as the author of THE RUINS. In his former lives, he has worked as as a claims adjuster, a touring musician, and a business systems analyst for a Fortune 500 company.

Now he spends his days fighting zombies, battling werewolves, and

The Ruins (4 books)
  • The Ruins Book 2 (The Ruins, #2)
  • The Ruins Book 3 (The Ruins, #3)
  • The Ruins Book 4 (The Ruins #4)