Start by marking “The Ruins (The Ruins, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ruins (The Ruins, #1)

The Ruins

(The Ruins #1)

Sequel series to the Last Survivors series

Danger Lurks In The Ruins

Three survivors travel the ruins of a collapsed society, sifting through the rusted relics of the Ancients’ civilization as they search for a better future, hoping to escape the horrors of the past. But among those treasures lurks danger.

And what they discover might be worse than what they left behind.
Published December 22nd 2016 by Post Script Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Ruins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ruins

Adelina Amelco
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

You must read the previous books to really understand and to know the characters. I think if you don't you won't feel, nor root for characters. But I like that in a series. I hate how some writers almost write the first books over and over again. The same things, on and on. I hate that. I just want to get on with the story, and T.W. Piperbrook let's the reader do that, get on with the story. But again I highly recommend reading the entire previous series in order to get the most
James
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

Another great story following Bray, William, and Kirby. Mr Piperbrook doesn't disappoint, keeping the action and adventure going. It's easy to imagine things turning out along this story line. Many praises for his hard work and dedication to the story.
Michael G Prouty
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The two series, "The Last Survivors", and "Ruins"' are great post apoctoliptic reads in which he characters become very real to you.
I became so enthralled with these two box sets that I didn't want to put them down because I had to see what the characters were going to do next and what would happen to them. So if you are lucky enough to get these two sets be aware that you will have to read the entire 10 book series before you can get back to a reasonable sleep routine again. VERY addictive.
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Ruins Continues Series The Last Survivors

I have to say this series continues the first series, The Last Survivor, with the story of William, Kirby and Bray.

Bray takes on the role of guardian to William after he had rescued him from Winthrops crazy army in the first series. Kirby decides to stick with the boys for awhile. They discover a town and decides to stay with them for awhile. Is it a mistake staying there?
Catherine
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ruins: What would you do?

Good character development and loads of action makes The Ruins as enjoyable as The Last Survivors. We take so much for granted in a modern world, that I often wonder how well we would do without all our knowledge and creature comforts. The Ruins is a plausible exploration of that.
Nancy Vega
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Continuing Saga of Bray, William , & Kirby

Finding demons are still around everywhere they travel the three travelers return to New Hope. Meeting other weird
Scavengers from Halifax & a girl on the run , Flora, Kirby finds the guns have been stolen. Flora leads them back to her village but all is not what it seems while waiting for William’s illness to get better
Patrick
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Good

I read the survivor series and pretty much liked it. My big questions are how are there so many infected and how many types of mutations are there?

This series just seems like more of the same. Maybe I'm just bored with that universe, I don't know. The writing is OK but the characters don't hold my interest this time out. You might like this one, it's not bad.
Christine Bishop
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start for this series!

The Ruins is a sequel to the Last Survivors Series. We follow Bray, William, and Kirby as they face the wilderness beyond Brighton and New Hope. Piperbrook has done a wonderful job building Bray, Kirby, and Williams world. While I was reading this book I felt as if I was traveling beside them.
Julie Powell
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent post-apocalyptic story about how people cope and behave in a world that has been destroyed...new laws, 'demons', sickness, cruelties and so much more.

It's well-written and fast-paced with a great sense of place and intriguing characters.

Brilliant storytelling.

Highly recommended.
Todd Oliver
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuation of the original series The Last Survivors. I highly recommend listening to that series first so you'll know more about these characters and the world they live in. The Last Survivors was my favorite series last year so I was very excited to see T.W. Piperbrook continue the series! So far, book 1 of The Ruins is just as good! I'm very happy to see Sean Runnette is still narrating this series. He does an excellent job with each of the characters.
This book picks up right whe
Katy
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant book

Another fabulous read. I was worried it may be a little boring but was far from it what a book can't wait to get stuck into book 2. Finally a book that follows on from a series when we all wonder what happens after the book finishes. A must for any fan.
Barb Fike, The Boss
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Ruins book 1

Simply breath taking. Had me on the edge and then brought me back to sanity. Very well written and of course characters are awesome. I started to like and trust Bray again. Imagine that. Off to book 2 now. See you later.
S Wood
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT read

A great read with the story continued in step with the original series. Hard to put down and easy to get back into it when you pick it up again.
Lana Mccall
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend

This is different story than the usual apocalyptic stories as this takes place centuries after the fall.

Plenty action and suspense with twists and more twist.
ilse
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great universe

I’m enjoying this series. Its dreamlike, believable, it has warmth Andalusië feeling of doom. Now I’m off to download the Second book.
Peggy Pancherz
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Storyline continues to grow and develop. Characters are realistic and get better and better.
Ammugonevil
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good continuation of the original series
James L Pagano
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dysfunction

I am so excited to read more of what is going to happen to the survivors. The twists and turns are going to be quick.
Tricia Allen
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and liked the characters and how they coped with life. Looking forward to next book
Murdock Hendrix
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. I read it straight through and forgot to provide an update.
Lois
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review

A good sequel to piperbrook series. Glad to follow William and others alone on their journey. A great written story.
Jeffrey
Dec 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Don't even think of reading this one unless you've read the first book in the series
Anne
I don't know what to say about this book. I was a little bored, even though I liked it. Also, annoyed by the cliff hanger.
Susan  Tracy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
An excellent sequel to The Last Survivors series. This story follow Bray, William and Kirby as they continue on their new adventures. At first I wasn't thrilled that the story was continuing with Bray as he wasn't a favorite character of mine in the first series, but I did come around a bit as this story progressed. With the cliff hanger ending, now I am waiting with baited breath for book 2 (which the author has assured me is very close to being released.) These series are an interesting take o ...more
Tamera
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really am enjoying this second series. The world created is intriguing. I can't wait till book #2 is released later this month.
Julia
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. Highly recommend this to readers, but start from the very begining!
Mikkel Sorensen
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
great read

I really enjoyed this book, the story is very compelling and I can't wait to read volume 2. this series has been a very good reading experience
Stephen Shaw
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bray, William and Kirby enter a new settlement after surviving encounters with Savage's, men from Halifax and the freezing cold of the wild. Three great characters from the previous series, which is a must read before starting the ruins, can't wait to discover their fate. Interesting new storyline and setting, looking forward to book 2 in March.
Mo Conner
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You have to read the previous series to really get this book but I can't wait for the next book!
Brian
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Hooked to see where this series lead.

• Plagued: The Ironville Zombie Quarantine Retraction Experiment (Plagued, #3)
  • A New Death
  • City 1 (Revolution 19, #3)
  • Extinction Game (The Apocalypse Duology, #1)
  • The Fracture (No Sanctuary, #3)
  • Tales of the Rot & Ruin; Rot & Ruin; Dust & Decay; Dead & Gone; Flesh & Bone
  • Trust (The Remaining, #4.5)
  • London Eye (Toxic City, #1)
  • Just Another Day at the Office (The Walking Dead #1.5)
  • The Enemy: Geeks vs Zombies
  • Survival Colony  Nine
  • Restoration (Razorland, #2.5)
  • The China Pandemic (Graham's Resolution #1)
  • The Reaver Road (Omar, #1)
  • Demons of the Deep (Fighting Fantasy, #19)
  • Dealing in Futures
T.W. Piperbrook lives in Connecticut with his wife and son. He is the author of the CONTAMINATION series, the OUTAGE series, and co-author of THE LAST SURVIVORS, as well as the author of THE RUINS. In his former lives, he has worked as as a claims adjuster, a touring musician, and a business systems analyst for a Fortune 500 company.

Now he spends his days fighting zombies, battling werewolves, and

The Ruins (4 books)
  • The Ruins Book 2 (The Ruins, #2)
  • The Ruins Book 3 (The Ruins, #3)
  • The Ruins Book 4 (The Ruins #4)