Start by marking “The Spider” as Want to Read:
The Spider

The Spider

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
No one’s ever come out of that house alive...’

What lurks behind the door of 8 Goldfern Road?

Are you brave enough to step inside?

By entering the sinister house, George and Glen become entangled in a dangerous battle of wills.

“The Spider” is a story of obsession, infidelity, and broken dreams.

This darkly humorous mystery will appeal to fantasy and romance readers as wel
Kindle Edition
Published September 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Spider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spider

Darcia Helle
I hate spiders. I have a visceral fear of spiders. I don't even like to see a photo of a spider. So, you see, even knowing that I've loved all of Maria Savva's previous books, I approached this one with trepidation. Most any other author and I'd have passed without even reading the description.

I am so happy that ignored my innate need to run the other way, and I read this book!

If you, like me, have an irrational fear of evil little beings called spiders, please don't let that stop you from picki
Julie Powell
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As always, Maria Savva writes with skill, stories that immediately hook you - The Spider is no exception.

It's not easy saying too much without spoilers, but I will say that this story is spooky, mysterious, intriguing and thought-provoking. The characters are well-developed, realistic and believable, despite the fantasy /paranormal story line.

Its descriptions are deliciously atmospheric and...ooh, I can't say anything else...read it for yourself, you won't regret it.

Recommended read!!!
Lisette Brodey
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel by Maria Savva. The premise was fascinating and I never quite knew where it was going or what to expect. As in other work by this author, the thin line she paints between reality and fantasy is intriguing. Every time I thought I had things figured out, the story would turn a corner I hadn’t expected. Overall, this was an Imaginative and intriguing read. Be warned: you may never think of spiders in the same way again.
Justin Bog
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An interesting premise will carry any psychological suspense reader to the finish line. I'm enjoying the fine books Maria Savva is publishing, and each story grows stronger. I also didn't want to reveal too many details about The Spider since there are surprises in store for any future reader.
Angela
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Spider, latest novel by Maria Savva, has to be one of my favourites by this talented author. I have enjoyed all of her work - novels and short stories - but this one , with its blend of paranormal horror and normality is a real page turner.

George, Roisin and their little boy, Robbie, seem to be living "the normal life", until a meeting with the handsome next door neighbour, Hugh, threatens the solidity of their marriage. George, at the same time, has heard stories of strange happenings in a
Piper Templeton
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“The Spider” by Maria Savva is filled with creepy spiders, supernatural occurrences, and a horrific villain, but the real drama, suspense, and fear come from the demons that reside inside the hearts and minds of the characters. They deal with temptation, infidelity, broken families, substance abuse, and general dissatisfaction with the lives they find themselves in.
The well-written novel is gripping, keeping the reader wondering what will happen next. The characters are flawed and believable; t
Laura Smith
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a MAHOOOSIVE fear of spiders but I love Maria Savva books so battled on with my phobia and made a start!

This book has some humour to it and made the storyline less scary but I still shuddered at parts while reading :)

After reading this I will definitely think twice before squishing any more spiders as I don't want what happens in the book to happen to me......EVER!

Another brilliant book by Maria Savva and a fabulous cover too!
Leo McBride
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever have a book that has been sitting on your Kindle for far too long? Well... this was one on mine. And I'm kicking myself for not reading it earlier.

The Spider is a most unexpected novel. At first, it seems almost a very straightforward horror thriller. There's a bad man, doing bad things, and innocents are getting caught up in his plan. And yet... that seems to be resolved quite early on.

It's the after-effects that linger. There is guilt. There are lies. There is deceit. And somewhere
Kim
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Creepy : "The Spider" by Maria Savva

I can't even fathom going through this!!! That said: What a scary, twisting, outrageous read!! Totally came out at a great time with Halloween coming up. It all happens in London, for some reason that's a great place for this story to take place. The characters are strong and what they go through makes them stronger. You will think differently about "spiders" when your done with this book. Every book I've read from this author is better and better. I think thi
Vivek
Rêvvâ Tênâg
Mar 18, 2018
Kate Fox
Jul 19, 2018

Writer of novels and short stories, multi-genre. Maria's short stories have appeared in the BestsellerBound anthologies and the Mind's Eye Series of books, as well as the online magazine The Write Launch: http://thewritelaunch.com/

Maria is also a music blogger at the Real Rock And Roll blog: https://realrockandroll.wordpress.com/

Look out for current news about her writing on her website: http://w
More about Maria Savva