Start by marking “Bite-Sized Stories: A Multi-Genre Flash Fiction Anthology (Flash Flood Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Bite-Sized Stories: A Multi-Genre Flash Fiction Anthology (Flash Flood Book 1)

Bite-Sized Stories: A Multi-Genre Flash Fiction Anthology (Flash Flood Book 1)

33 Flash Fiction Stories for Life's Stolen Moments

From a creepypasta horror farm to a bullish love tale and from the bloody metal deck of the ESS Arclight to superhero octopus food trucks, you can transform your shortest stolen moments into utter delights with this diverse collection of 33 flash fiction stories.

Commuting to work? Grabbing a quick coffee? Each story tells a
Published September 18th 2016 by Cheverer

To ask other readers questions about Bite-Sized Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bite-Sized Stories

Start your review of Bite-Sized Stories: A Multi-Genre Flash Fiction Anthology (Flash Flood Book 1)
Adan Ramie
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
You could say I’m partial, because one of my stories ended up in this anthology, but I really enjoyed it. Some of my favorites?

A Report to the Commissioner cracked me up. This line, in particular: “…and with half the crew out of sorts and whelping in every available corner, he wasn’t pleased to have to upset his commanding officer.”

No Rest for the Reannotated was a good one. What would happen if a future society could bring back the greatest minds in history to help solve their problems?

Dark Dea
nicole
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
As the title states, this is a multi-genre anthology of science fiction, fantasy, horror, mystery, romance, and literary flash fiction. However, the romance and literary categories only had one fiction each.

Even though they’re all so very short, I found this collection of works to be very well-written and well-compiled. It was a highly enjoyable read for me, though a lot of times I felt somewhat disappointed. There are some that seem to end rather abruptly, leaving me confused and/or unsatisfied
Stan James
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I was turned onto this collection by one of the contributors, a fellow forum poster and author of a published novel (so one more than me!) This is a free collection and can be found at all major ebook sites. The idea behind it is simple--offer a bunch of very short (3-4 page) stories from a raft of authors to allow the reader to quickly sample their styles. The hope is the reader will enjoy at least some of what they read and seek out more work from the same authors.

It's a good idea and, I think
William J. Redmond Jr.
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I only liked this 4 stars worth because 1) There are a variety of genres included in this collection, some I normally read, some I don't, and 2) It was frustrating to me that each story in the collection was over just when felt like it was getting started. However, I'm thinking of recommending it to my wife, the middle school language arts teacher because it seems like a great tool for starting discussions or essays. "What happens next?" "What happened before the story started?" etc.

I will be re
Jolyn
Although I normally review/rate each book that I read I will not be rating anthologies. This will allow me the freedom to just read the stories that are clean (the only ones I am willing to read) in an anthology and skip/ignore the rest. The only way that I will rate an anthology is if all of the authors have verified that the stories included in the anthology are free of sex, swearing and graphic violence.

I will sometimes still make notes about the stories as you can see below:

"I Shouldn't Have
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some crazy stuff!! Lol

I admit, at first I was confused reading the first several stories in the book. I'm not sure if I was tired or if a better introduction would have explained the abrupt endings of some of these short stories? But I initially felt a bit bewildered, as if a door had been slammed in my face just as I started to get into each of the short pieces. As I settled into reading, which did take a little bit, I started to get it, and then I was hooked. Not only that, but I was feeling a
Mystee Pulcine
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love anthologies of short stories - it gives you a taste of an author or a genre that can suck you into a wonderful black hole of reading. I like that this book has the works split up by genre. I like that each author gets a blurb after their story to draw you in to read more of their works. I really liked that there was only one story from the romance genre. The only thing I disliked (and this may be personal preference) is that I felt like they front-loaded this book. I was roped in immediat ...more
Kristina | kristinaandthebooks
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is a collection of stories that are each only a few pages long, which is a difficult format to tell a story well. While most of this collection was subpar, there were several stories in the scifi and horror sections that were quite good. The two mystery stories featured were fantastic; I wish that section has been much longer. Overall, not an awful collection for a free kindle book that is able to be read in short sections over time.
Leslie Wiederspan
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
It was okay. Some stories were good, others were average. There was one that I skipped through, but I don't remember the name of it. Still, not an awful read. I like anthologies like this so I can come across new authors that I normally wouldn't.
Trina
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
An okay read.
DOUGLAS J BERRY
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Many indie stories.

The stories are quick reads of course, suitable for the thinking seat. The one I enjoyed the most was the George Donnelly take on George Orwell 's 1984.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
Think it's permafree, but found it either through one of my free book sites or by looking through what J.T. Williams had to offer in his stories. No idea what date originally reviewed on amazon because the bloody review didn't take. Noticed it was missing review when went to check some books reviewed a while back some time late november.
Jasmine
Apr 20, 2020
Kreepylady
Oct 23, 2018
P.T.
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Charles Yoder
rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2017
Jessika Uhl
Jul 18, 2017

• Technosphere: A Short Story (Antigravel)
  • Spine
  • Awake: A Halfskin Short Story
  • The Last Conversation
  • Paradise Departed: A Jack Kennedy Thriller (Book 1) (Short Story)
  • The Reality Contagion: A Horror Story (The Shattered God Mythos)
  • Ghostly Writes Anthology 2018
  • The Severed Hand (31 Horrifying Tales From The Dead Book 2)
  • The Agreement
  • Antique Mirror
  • The Maze
  • When the Lights Go Out - Ink Slingers' Halloween Anthology
  • Just A Little Terrible
Former starship redshirt turned rag-clad resistance fighter, George Donnelly is the author of space opera, cyberpunk & post-apocalyptic science fiction series. A single unschooling expat dad, George prefers zombies to aliens but is primed for any meatspace apocalypse minus grey goo. ...more

News & Interviews