Start by marking “Whiteout (Seasons of Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiteout (Seasons of Love, #1)

Whiteout

(Seasons of Love #1)

Noah Landers wakes up one day with a headache and no memory of where — or who — he is. Jason, the man taking care of him, tries to fill in some of the blanks: they’re in a cabin in Colorado on vacation, and Noah slipped on ice and hit his head. But even with amnesia, Noah knows Jason is leaving out something important.

Jason O’Reilly is sexy as hell, treats Noah like he’s p
Paperback, 1 edition, 256 pages
Published January 23rd 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Whiteout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whiteout

SheReadsALot
4 HEARTS-- Before reading : Amnesia and a stranded trope?

*cackles wildly*

Want!

After reading : Damn, no matter how hard I try, I just can't escape the Santa jizz. ;P

Debut novel by Elyse Springer, Whiteout has more to offer than just Jizzmas (thankfully). I went in expecting a lot of snow, a guy with amnesia possibly regaining his memory, some romance and more snow.

And we do get that.
But it's more than just a standard amnesia trope. (Gah, do I enjoy the amnesia trope)

Noah Landers wakes up n
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

The plot for this one seemed straight out of the romance trope handbook. I mean, another amnesia story? I have a weakness for them, of course, but I've read a TON of amnesia romance, especially in M/M. But newbie author, Elyse Springer, surprised me a bit with some twists and turns, which kept me on my toes.

I'm always wary with newbie authors. Sometimes I get some real gems, but other times I get burned, and I get burned BADLY. After reading thousands of romances, and nearly a thousa
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Reading the first and second parts of this novel is like reading two separate stories.

The first part takes place in a cabin a few days before Christmas with a blizzard raging outside. Noah wakes up with no recollection of who or where he is. But a handsome man is taking care of him, and Noah implicitly knows to trust Jason.

Then doubt starts creeping in. Why does Jason look so guilty when talking about the fall that led to Noah's concussion and retrograde amnesia? Is Jason really talking to a d
Renée
~4.5 stars~

This book was quite a pleasant surprise. It's an amnesia book.......but it's not your typical one.

Noah wakes up in a cabin in Colorado with a man named Jason, whom he instinctually feels safe with....a connection. But he knows little else. He can't remember anything after a serious bump to the head. He doesn't even remember who he, himself, is.

Despite the fact that Jason is clearly upset by his injury and loss of memories, the things Jason is telling him don't quite feel true. Which
Fabi
This is the best romance book I've read in a very long time.

I was completely swept away by Noah and Jason's story. The first 40% or so read like a psych thriller. The mystery, the suspicion, the clues...oh my word, I was a nervous wreck. Where was this story going?

Then, bam! the surprise and all of a sudden I was reading something completely different but no less enthralling.

The last half of the book had me holding my breath for a different reason. I hurt, I ached for the loss and the mess that
MaDoReader
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Nope, not my cup of tea
River
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
A very interesting new take on the amnesia theme, I wasn't expecting the twist that happened and it was very satisfying.
My only complain is that the MC's are separated for a big chunk of the book and I get why but it dimished my enjoment.
LenaRibka

I don't think that in our RL we very often have to deal with amnesia, but it seems to be a very popular topic in books, especially in romance books. I personally don't LIKE the stories where a couple has to prove to themselves that their INITIAL choice, the choice they made BEFORE whatever caused whosever's memory loss, was the right one. We love people not because they are sexy and have a good body, beautiful eyes or cute dimples, but because they are part of our memories and, thus, of our live
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
Late night "I-can't-sleep-and-it's-on-my-Kindle" read.

A combination of insomnia and quick writing style lead to me finishing this in a handful of hours.

The amnesia trope is just that-- a trope. It's something we've all read before and probably have seen in fanfic's of our OTP (whether we want to admit it or not).

Here, Elyse Springer started a book with a very tropey and cliche premise, and managed to make it her own. This was filled with surprising twists and went a completely different directi
Katerina
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished Heels Over Head and I have withdrawal symptoms. Very bad. So I came back to this one. I hope it helps.

This author has so much talent. You shouldn't miss this.
You don't get what you expect. No. It's much better.

Highly recommended.
Annery
This was a very happy surprise. *claps*

The amnesia trope, the forced confinement with a stranger in an isolated cabin and the revenge plot all get a nice spin to great effect.

The story is told from Nathan's POV and this is perfect because we only know what he knows, we experience his fears, doubts and apprehensions. This makes the first half of the book quite gripping, mysterious and will keep you guessing. The second half is utterly romantic in the most wonderful way.

However what I most enjoy
Sandra
4.5 stars.

My first book by this author (and her debut novel, to boot) was a complete success. ICYMI, when I finished the book and posted my final update, these were my words:

Wow. Also, WOW. I absolutely loved this. Complex characters, complex relationship, a FUBAR, and then... WOW. Y'all, get this as soon as you can.

Noah wakes up in a remote cabin in Colorado during a blizzard right around Christmas time, with no recollection of who he is or what he's doing there, and furthermore, no idea wh
Ami

Hmmm ... this book has potential when at one point I treated it as a mystery, you know? Especially in the beginning when Noah wakes up with no memory about himself and this man calls Jason who says that Noah is his partner. So who is Noah really? Is Jason lying to him? Is the relationship real? And so on...

But then as the 'mystery' unravels as Noah remembering bits of himself and the relationship, and then we get all the answers, well, that's when the romance falls out of the window fo
Melissa
I was provided a copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

OMG!!!! I loved this book!! The feelz!!!!!!! It takes a lot to get me to actually shed tears for a book (it happens, yes). And I cried for these men. My poor heart! I highly recommend this story. It has angst, amnesia, partner-death and a surprising twist I didn't expect.

And because of that twist I can't reveal too much about the plot. I can tell you that these men met under unusual circumstances 6 months ago and during Christmas at a cabin
Kristie
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 Snowflakes

It's hard to review a book when you have a fond affection for it's author.... well, normally. This time around, I'm not having that problem. I just want everyone to pick up this book and read it. Why?

First of all, I love a good amnesia/memory loss story. When characters have to find their way back to where they were? Sign me up. In Whiteout, we've got that, but they're not only trying to get back to where they were, they need to get to a better place. I love the fight of it. The s
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
Great read, definitely recommended.

It's divided into two parts, the "Before" and "After". And especially the "After" had me glued to the page. Couldn't put it down until I had read the last page. More please!! ;)

Full review to come soon.
Jay
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars – Whiteout is the debut novel from Elyse Springer, so I guess it’s a little fitting that the main trope of the novel, a character with amnesia, is also something that I’ve not read before—something that came as a bit of a surprise to some of my fellow smutbook-loving friends. But the amnesia story isn’t the only thing this story is about. The result is a well-crafted and smoothly composed story that had me wanting things to work out for the story’s couple.

First, a note: This book is a li
Natasha
I received an arc from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for a review

I was kind of expecting this to be like the Vow but gay, I actually enjoy the amnesia trope if it's at the start of the book. But I really didn't like this. The book felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be. At a point it felt like it could've been a thriller but then it turned back into a romance. It was predictable at times and it just felt ridiculous. It was pretty boring at times and I just skimmed until the end
Calila
Nope. Jason should've ran far and fast. Even *if* Jason had done what Nathan thought he had, what Nathan did was unacceptable. Sara was a horrible friend, but since Nathan's her BFF there wasn't hope for her not to be a garbage person. Birds of a feather and all that. I just can't stop thinking Jason deserves better. (I am curious about Tony's book)
Beebs
3.5!

I kinda have mixed emotions about this one. I really, really enjoyed parts of the story while other parts felt a bit rushed or stretched my imagination a little too much.

I thought Noah's reactions on first regaining consciousness were understandable given the snippets of information he was remembering. When he did remember what was really happening, the time-frame involved felt a little unrealistic.

Noah's determination to sort himself out and win Jason back was very well done IMHO but the e
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Noah wakes up from a fall and can’t remember his own name and who is the person with whom he is sharing a cabin on Christmas time in the middle of a blizzard. He seems to be Jason, his boyfriend but is this the truth? Are Noah and Jason their true names?

Whiteout is the first book in the Season of Love series by Elyse Springer and the author debut novel. A lovely debut book, well written, engaging and with loveable characters. I’m so happy I found a new author I truly enjoyed.

In Whiteout we see N
Joyfully Jay
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

So I grabbed Whiteout right away as soon as I saw the amnesia theme, as that is pretty much crack to me (see my list of Favorite Amnesia Stories if you are also a fan). And I think Springer does a fabulous job with this element of the story. The book is broken down into two parts, the first focusing on the amnesia storyline. We are aware right away of this internal conflict in Noah between the emotional pull he has toward Jason and the memories and gut feelings h
Ricardo
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Excellent okay book. Nothing wrong with it but nothing really that made me go “wow.” A romance with a bit of suspense throw in for good measure. It’s the story of Jason and Noah/Nathan and how Noah pursues Jason to get revenge for the death of his father. Noah finds out Jason is not guilty and falls in love but how does he tell Jason who he really is? Unfortunately, Jason finds out and breaks up with Noah, now using his real name - Nathan. Nathan realizes he needs to show Jason the love they sha ...more
Amanda
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read a lot of reviews stating that this book reads like two separate sorties and I completely agree.

Noah wakes up in a cabin with a man named Jason and he doesn't remember anything. He just knows in his gut that some things he is told are not right.

The first half is him trying to regain his memories and letting Jason take care of him. After a few days, he gets his memory back and finally understands why he was getting the feeling that things were not right.

The second part is Noah's lif
Sheryl Beesley
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an impressive debut novel.... I loved it... certainly not your typical amnesia story but has an interesting twist to when Noah regains his memory... Highly recommend this book..
Rita
Oct 05, 2016 added it
Does this series have the most gorgeous covers or what? They're so pretty I think I may need them all in paperback.

The amnesia trope is hit or miss for me but I’m all about forced proximity. Make the reason the MCs are stranded a snowstorm and my romantic heart goes all a flutter. I have fond memories of being snow bound so I turn into grabby hands whenever I see a book with this trope.

Whiteout is written in two parts but it almost reads as two different stories. In the first half, I was caught
Steph ☀️
***4.38 stars***

For those of you that have read my reviews, you know I really don’t like to prelude to anything that might spoil it for the reader so I try my hardest not to. With this, it is so hard to tell you my underlying thought of this book, without giving things away. To be honest, I figured it out pretty quickly, but even so that is not a good enough reason to ruin it for others. So, here I go and hopefully I will give this wonderfully written book the review it deserves.

Part One: At th
Karla
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I've given this 4 stars even though it had a few small flaws. The story was strong and a bit different from the usual m/m romance and different is definitely good.

The beginning was very suspenseful. Noah awakens after a fall, with no memory. It is clear to him that not everything is as it is presented to him by the man, ostensibly his boyfriend, who is caring for him. I found this section to be intriguing as I kept reading to find out Noah's true situation and then how he would handle the retur
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.5 Stars

Another book I kept putting off that I'm kicking myself over - because it was really, really good. I'm not even upset that I figured out the plot less than 20% into the novel; after that bit was resolved it got even better. That I still have "Seasons of Love" playing in my head like a fucking earwig driving me nuts I'm a little less forgiving of...

Except holy shit, that's the name of the series. Which puts into perspective the whole bit about the guys celebrating different anniversaries
Em Wittmann
When I started reading Whiteout, I was drawn into the story right away. I'm a sucker for amnesia stories done well, and I think Ms. Springer mostly gets this one right. Well, at least I think she mostly gets the first part of this book right. The amnesia part. I wasn't as fond of the 'what happens afterwards' - but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Noah Landers wakes up with a massive headache and no memory of where he is or what's happened to him. Fortunately (maybe?) he's not alone. From the moment
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Back to You
  • Inside Darkness
  • Fourteen Summers
  • Freckles
  • Patchwork Paradise
  • Love at First Hate (Porthkennack, #11)
  • Pansies (Spires Universe)
  • Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3)
  • Lead Me Not
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • How the Cookie Crumbles (Bluewater Bay, #12)
  • Player vs Player
  • When All the World Sleeps
  • Double Up (Lake Lovelace, #1)
  • Violated
  • Rebound Remedy
  • Long the Mile
  • Rented Heart (Rented Heart, #1)

Seasons of Love (4 books)
  • Thaw (Seasons of Love, #2)
  • Heat Wave (Seasons of Love, #3)
  • Changing Colors (Seasons of Love, #4)