Start by marking “Whispers and the Roars” as Want to Read:
Whispers and the Roars

Whispers and the Roars

***THIS STANDALONE IS BEST ENJOYED WHEN YOU DON'T READ ANY REVIEWS OR SPOILERS BEFORE READING. GOING IN BLIND IS BEST. TRUST ME.***

When my eyes are closed, the monster can’t ever see me.
When I sing a song in my head, the monster can’t ever hear me.
When I pretend my bedroom is a playground where I play hide and seek, the monster can’t ever find me.

The darkness should fright
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 227 pages
Published December 6th 2016 by K Webster

To ask other readers questions about Whispers and the Roars, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maine Caulfield There is a HEA, but this book does have some dark and disturbing themes

Candace
I have to admit that this book really took me by surprise. I took the advice of several friends and went into this one blind. When the big twist was revealed, I was shocked! I didn't see it coming -- at all.

With that being said, I am going to do my best not to give too much away in my review. I don't want to spoil it for anyone. It really is worth reading and experiencing on your own.

This book tells the story of Kady and Yeo, childhood loves that are separated by time and circumstance. Yeo leave
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
4 Stars!!

***SPOILER FREE REVIEW***

collage1

'Whispers and the Roars' was such a fantastic, unique read. It was dark-ish, addictive, fantastically written and oh, my…so intriguing. If you are like me and love books that portray mental illnesses, then you don’t want to miss this one. K. Webster delivered an authentic story, in every possible way, that sucked me in from the very beginning. This story of unconditional love and dedication will leave you breathless, will make you think and feel, will make you b
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Whispers and the Roars (stand-alone). A story of survival, surrender & an unconditional, sacrificing love!

“I love it when he whispers. But, this time, he doesn’t whisper. He roars.”

Prologue. Story: pain, sorrow, horror, tragedy, friendship and love, so. much. love. Epilogue. The End.

This stand-alone is best dived into.

***
Hero: ★★★★1/2
Heroine: ★★★★1/2
Plot
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

AMAZING...simply one of THE best books I have read all year.

This review is going to be fairly short. This is a book that needs to be experienced without any preconceived notions. You need to go into this one with an open mind and an open heart. You need to take your time and savor every little morsel this author lays on your plate. Then you need to break it open and suck it's very marrow out. It is THAT good.

description

These characters will tear your heart out and then piece it back together. No, it's not
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, romance
4 Roars

I almost opened a bottle of vodka at 2 a.m. You will probably consider doing something similar when you read this, so get ready! I was totally unprepared for the story that was waiting for me inside the pages of this book! Word of warning: beginning this book right before bed isn’t the best idea. I wound up reading all night long. I was so caught up in the story that I didn’t want to put it down, so I didn’t until I literally passed out and it landed on the floor! How my kindle still work
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”You are terrifying and strange and beautiful, something not everyone knows how to love.”

photo Teaser Four_zpsreok6iff.jpg

K. Webster is truly talented at writing the really dark stories but she also has proven to be quite a versatile author. Never pigeon-holing herself into one genre. Whispers and the Roars definitely has its dark elements but it is also a story about true unconditional love…something that only exists in fairy tales.

photo Teaser One 1_zpsdy6qspzz.jpg

I really didn’t pay attention to the
Clumsy Storyteller
1-17%

17-28%

SHIT JUST GOT WEIRD

Yeo has been fucking around with bones? WTF is happening!

28-90%

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Maddening Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well it’s official. I just got off the crazy train and let me tell you on that ride, that chick did NOT make any local stops! I went from being severely confused to the point where I honestly thought I was going crazy my damn self, to flipping the pages at warped speed because I had to know if the theories that I had circling in my brain were right, or if I needed more alcohol.

“Our love is difficult but it’s ours and I wouldn’t change a thing about it. “

Everyone
Sabrina
NOW AVAILABLE!
*Amazon*B&N*Kobo*

This is probably one of the most difficult reviews I've ever had to write because I have so much that I want to say and rave about, but I can't without spoiling the book. Just know that I absolutely loved this book, and will definitely be re-reading it in the future. The characters were amazing and I found myself feeling so much emotion for characters that I didn't think I would.

I feel like K Webster really did something unique with this story and I loved ever
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

* A story that captures your heart and doesn't let go, and you continue thinking about it long after you fall asleep. * Image and video hosting by TinyPic

WHISPERS AND ROARS: There is a trigger warning attached to this book so it's advised to proceed with caution, it's graphic and not glossed over, it's dark, its gritty, it's dirty, it's raw and it's not for the faint of heart. Go in with an open mind, This is by no means your typical romance story.

Told in 'Dual Perspectives' (Kady & Yeo) and flows from 'Past to Present
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo scratches_texture_by_jarrod44_zpswaunaqx9.png

Psst.. Do you hear it? Do you hear the whispers? The roars? The sounds of my heart beating wildly as I yell how amazing, poignant, and breathtakingly beautiful this book is? If you can hear the rumblings and whisperings of why K. Webster needs to be on your book radar then you know what book I am talking about. That’s right Whispers and the Roars is the book that has truly elevated and made her an author who has not only delivered an epic l
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I'm speechless right now... This was freaking awesome. I LOVED it soooo much and from now on Yeo is one my book boyfriends. Such an amazing and brave man. <3

K.Webster, thank you so much for this story. Just like your other books, you mind fucked me again. What can I say, you never dissapoints me. :-D

Jennifer Kyle
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3 & 1/2 Stars
Sophia Triad
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kady. Kady. Kady. I miss her. Jesus Christ, how I miss her.
“Kady,” I whisper. She loves it when I whisper. “Come back to me.”

Yeo has been in love with Kady, since they were children.
They also had a best friend: The incredible, shirtless, cheetos’lover Bones.
Together they were the “Terrible Three” who were fighting together to keep the bad guys away – especially the one bad guy who was torturing little Kady at nights.
Many years after, Kady sends Yeo away. She is a burden for him. He needs to
DW
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whispers and the Roars was one hella crazy ride.

To think that I was going to quit at 54%. I am so glad that I pushed on through because by 60%, I was floored.

It was beautiful yet full of all kinds of crazy. Yeo and Kady were absolutely beautiful and I am so happy that I read it.

Do not.. I repeat.. DO NOT READ SPOILERS. Go in there blind and just enjoy the crazy ride. It so worth it.
Paige
5+ "Go In Blind" Stars

There is beauty in the whispers and there is beauty in the roars. Be still my heart.

This book was pure genius. With a book boyfriend that will rival any other book boyfriend EVER and a heroine that moved me beyond words, it's obvious that this book was special to Ms. Webster and it will be forever special to me too.

An intricate storyline that unfolded so delicately yet so powerfully, and built to a crescendo that at once made my heart sing and yet feel the absolute depths
Olga therebelreader
I love this author. She's not afraid of writing really messed up stuff and allowing the dark side to come out on top, but this just left me with a knot in my gut and a heavy heart. I really thought it would be a win for me. I liked the premise of Whispers and the Roars, but not necessarily the execution of it.
Some stuff was more weird and harder to take than others. I'm not giving spoilers away, but the romantic relationship was not even explored much. The details were brushed over and I did no
Maya
So, I love K.Webster and her War & Peace series but this story is just too messy for me. I don't get it. The characters are so fucked up, it's not even funny. One says that and then does the other. The drama, too much. I skimmed more or less through the whole story, since I couldn't connect with the plot and characters. In the end I simply didn't even care what happens to them. I know there is a lot of abuse that happened in the past and that leads to the heroines bahaviour but for fucks sak ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: December 6, 2016
Blog Tour Date: December 16, 2016
Genre: Dark Romance
Steam: 4
Series or Standalone: Standalone

First and foremost, I NEED to state how incredibly gifted K. Webster is. If you haven't read anything from her before, I really don't know what you're waiting for. I really, really don't.

Seriously. Do it NOW !! You really have no idea what you're missing out on. I'm so grateful that I happened to stumble upon Kristi's Dirty Ugly Toy in March and I fully intend t
Jeannine Allison
description
"You are terrifying and strange and beautiful, something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire
K. Webster picked an absolutely perfect quote to preface this novel. Not only in relation to the heroine, Kady, but also about the book as a whole. It's not a story for everyone, but unless you have extreme triggers, I'd recommend giving it a chance because it is a very compelling novel.

It's hard to properly review this without giving away significant aspects of the plot, so all I'm really g
'Q' aka CoCo
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
I struggled with how to review this. It says in the blurb that you should go in blind, that it's best enjoyed when you don't read any reviews or spoilers before reading. I never take this advice, so of course I read the reviews. Unfortunately, all the reviews I found were spoiler free and seemed to follow the whole theme of I went in blind; you should too! which I found super annoying. Still, it sounded like something that would speak to my dark-loving heart, and I was intrigued, so I forged ahe ...more
Elfina Renee
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo Whispers Roars 1.jpg
I've said it before and I'll say it again K. Webster is one hell of a gifted writer. Just when you have an inkling of what's going on, the plot thickens and you find out quickly, you didn't know squat! Whispers and Roars is a one of a kind mind fuckery, and not for the feint of heart.
 photo Whispers Roars.jpg
With Kady, I can never relax. With Kady, my life is a constant roar. With Kady, nothing is easy.
Katie
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 ++++ ROARING stars

description

"Madness and chaos take over until I'm begging for my bed and peace and the one who still holds my bleeding heart in his hands. I need quiet. I need order. A reprieve from the roars. My world offers me the briefest glimpse of happiness when I'm able to silence the deafening chaos in my little town. I can survive when it's only the whispers."

Let me just start off by saying this is best book Ms. Webster has EVER WRITTEN. Just amazing. We get thrown into the story right off th
JewelsyGoolsy
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 -Loved It Hard- Stars
This was definitely not a jolly stroll in the park, but oh what a page-turning ride it was! Thankfully, I had my trusty BR angel, TheresaDK to yet again, Thelma my Louise!
description

Surprisingly, this story was not as dark as I had initially anticipated. It's definitely not for the feint hearted or trigger-sensitive readers, but I can confidently say that those who can endure Tillie Cole's Hangmen series, would definitely be able to endure this wonderful story.

Now I'm not one to to
Shanny
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***** 5 stars *****

OH MY GOD!!!!!

I am speechless, this is book was simply AMAZING!
Well done K.Webster, well done!
description

This is definitely one of the best book I have read this year.

photo 221bfc6c900912dec29191f66e8aee3a1b_zps64vhcwsq.jpg

I'm so glad I went in this book without reading any reviews. I am curious by nature so I usually read some reviews before so I know a little about the story, I'm glad I didn't do it for this one. This is definitely a book you have to go in blind and with an open mind, trust me!!

Whispers and Roars will stay on my mind f
Karla
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

So it's been a couple of weeks since I read this book and it stills manages to sneak in my mind, that's how impressed I was.

"Whispers And The Roars" has such a unique love story, one I haven't really read. I took a chance with this one I literally went without reading any reviews and that's so difficult for me, I love spoilers I'm one of those readers that just rather know what's she's getting into. Anyway I'm glad I did it because this book took me on such a wild ride of emotions.

Kad
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I always expect the unexpected when it comes to K. Webster. I'm never sure what I'm gonna get. This is just one of those stories that you must go into knowing very little. Although I love these kinds of storylines, it doesn't impact me much the way it did when I first read these kinds of stories.

This book is unique, it'll make you think, it has a great pace, awesome characters and a beautiful love story. I definitely recommend it:)

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

"Love is more fierce and unstoppable and f*cking crazy. Love always wins. That moral compass never stood a chance."

Whispers and the Roars isn't like K. Webster's other books. This story is more touching and meaningful compared to her previous works. For me, the beginning started off a little slow, but once I passed through the first chapters, I couldn't stop reading.

My favorite thing about this book: The characters

Kady is a complex woman because of her dark past. Everyone i
Melody Kimmons-Allen
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
***Whispers and the Roars ***

I was completely lost when I first started to read this book. Not sure what threw me off but I'm certain I was expecting something else entirety. Once I let the plot do it's job and develop, I became engulfed and I gotta tell ya, it's one he'll of a page turner. K.Weber threw out all the stops for this one. It was suspenseful and terrifying yet romantic and heroic. The characters where loveable and down right mental.

I started trying to understand the relationship bet
Melanie (mells_view)
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo E876D522-6C1B-42AD-8C64-BB1393BAEEB9_zpsxbdi3p65.jpg

Go into this with an open mind. Don't prepare, just read. It's so good that way.

There a bunch of triggers. This is a very dark and very heavy read. If you enjoy dark and emotional romance, this is for you.

Hands down one of my favorite K Webster reads, and that is saying a lot since I love just about everything she does. You can tell there was so much hard work put into this one. Love :)

ARC copy

photo D84F79BF-6059-436C-93C6-7C50B6120ED1_zpsy1bp5dsd.jpg
Maryse's Book Blo...: Whispers and the Roars by K. Webster BR 93 71 Dec 08, 2016 11:40AM
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author of over sixty romance books in many different genres including dark romance, taboo romance, contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her supportive husband and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.

Her other passions besides writing include read
“It roars and roars and when we’re both long gone from this world, it will ripple with whispers until the end of time.” 10 likes
“I love it when he whispers. But, this time, he doesn’t whisper. He roars.” 7 likes