Start by marking “Roman Interlude” as Want to Read:
Roman Interlude

Read Book

Roman Interlude

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
This is a story of romance and travel as the main character discovers love in the beautiful surroundings if some of Italy’s major cities.

Ciara is about to embark on the vacation of a lifetime. After two years of leading a hectic life, it’s finally time to leave her problems behind. Her relationship with her current boyfriend is going nowhere and she is finally glad to hav
Paperback, First Edition, 397 pages
Published November 1st 2016 by Amazon/Create Space

Margie Miklas
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable read I found hard to put down!

This Cinderella story set in Bella Italia is an enjoyable romance novel that I found hard to put down. M.A. Maggiano’s talent to develop characters like Ciara and Nicholas, with traits capable of touching our souls, had me rooting for them throughout their journey. Having traveled to Italy on many different occasions, I was transported back to those rolling hills in Tuscany, and the winding roads on the Amalfi Coast, as well as the other setti
Tena
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won this in a GOODREADS giveaway - Roman Interlude by M.A. Maggiano ---- Ok... so this was so much better then I expected it to be... a wonderful fairytale romance.
Teresa Silva
This Novel was Okay

I won this ebook in a Goodreads giveaway & was asked in return for an honest review. & to be completely honest I thought it was just okay. I had trouble getting into the book when I started it. It wasn't until I got to maybe the middle that I got into it. It had a slow start but was also not quite believable. Also I couldn't get into the romance, I couldn't really feel the love between the characters. Which is why I rate this 3 stars.
Lisa Pritchard
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a pure fantasy novel, and as such I wasn't convinced by all the details. I didn't particularly warm to Ciara as a character, and thought she often came across as stilted. Having said that, I got the impression that M A Maggiano enjoyed writing this. This is reflected in the book's upbeat feel, making it overall a light-hearted, entertaining and very fun read.
Anna Castiglioni
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was attracted to this book because I had just recently taken a vacation in Italy myself and visited many of the same places as Ciara and Nicholas. Reading their story brought back memories of my own experiences, and I even learned a few new interesting things about the sites and culture. The author does a nice job of not letting the history and toursim side of the story get in the way of or distract from the romance, which is the main plot.

Admittedly, I did not initially connect with Ciara, th
LC
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The charm of Roman Interlude is found at its heart in its depiction as a modern-day fairy tale. Although I reiterate what many have already expressed, it bears repetition. We simply do not have enough make-you-smile, leaves-you-with-hopeful-optimism stories in today’s world.

Like a fine wine and a sumptuous plate of pasta, each page is meant to be relished and savored. Indeed, I slowed my reading pace as I neared the final chapter, craving to know the outcome, yet not wanting the narrative to en
D.S Blanchard
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. The way the author wrote the story it makes you want to find out what wonderful adventure Nicholas was waiting for Ciara in the next chapter. Being from N.Y. I can relate to the difference between Ciara's old boyfriend in NYC and the smooth cultured Italian who falls for the charming young woman from the United States. Ciara proves she's no pushover and more than once there is a battle of wills between the two. I found myself wanting the story to continue even after t ...more
Linda
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with other reviews that this story is a pure fantasy, Cinderella story which is probably why the characters seemed unnatural to me. Even after the two main characters have been intimate with each other they still appear to be formal and on a first date basis when together. Ciara’s relationship with Terry, who was supposed to be her good friend and confidant, also seemed too formal and to be missing a “sisterly bond”. There were however some terrific beautiful details and descriptions of ...more
Larry Shaffer
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My wife purchased Roman Interlude, listed as a romance novel, from Amazon. I don't generally read romance novels. I picked up this book and had a hard time putting it down. It's much more than I expected. The author is a great storyteller as he leads his characters through the sights and the culture of Italy as their romance begins. There were times when my mouth watered from the description of the food being served. I learned more about the iconic tourist spots all around Italy than I ever knew ...more
Annie F
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received my book as a gift. This book is a beautifully written romantic story, a surprise beginning leading to a romantic ending. In between,you experience the beauty of Italy along with a delightful epicurean experience.
Take your time reading this beautifuly written journey so you can enjoy every well written word.
The book truly holds it's own with any romantic novel I've ever read.
I anxiously look forward to Mr. Maggiano's next book.
Anne F
Anje
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won a Promotional Copy in a giveaway by the Author and what a great book it is! I love the storyline and the different characters in the book. The Author and the Narrator made the book very enjoyable. I love how the Narrator did different accents for the different characters and it made the story easy to listen to and it made the book and the characters come to life. I would suggest Roman Interlude to everyone. It takes you into a different world where dreams come true.
A.B. South Africa
Lori Cates
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, I finally read a book with a happy ending. The way the author describe Italy I could actually see myself there. When I have a hard-time falling asleep at night I picture myself as Ciara living the fairy tale dream. Highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a great book with a happy ending. My sister, mom and nieces all love this book also.
Lauren
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ciara and her adventures are a perfect beach/summer read. What woman doesn't want to meet a mysterious gentleman and tour all of Italy's treasures? Although this is the author's first book, the imagery of the people and places in the book are great, its easy to picture places I've never actually been to and feel like I'm there.
Stephen Reed
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although romance novels are not my usual fare, I was well pleased with the author's first effort. In addition to a delightful story, it is also a virtual tour of Italy, a country I have not visited. Well done!
Karen Bentley
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! We all knew Ciara's feelings, but Nicholas kept us guessing. It was an enjoyable easy read that kept you enthralled. I would definitely recommend this book.
M.A. Maggiano did a wonderful job.
Samantha
Mar 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads giveaway program. This book was like nails on a chalkboard. Extremely unrealistic and the characters were so stilted that I couldn't even begin to get invested in their story.
Steve Bender
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really nic e sweet romance with one or two hot spots. Reminded me of a movie starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. A magical fairy tale with lots of travel in Italy. Good read.
Linda Parisi.
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a day and a half. Could not put it down. Well written. A must read. Great love story. I purchased this book from author.

Linda Parisi
madeline flanagan
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I found it refreshing. The characters developed, especially Ciara, starting out as an insecure young woman then emerging into a confident mature one with the ability to think for herself and disassociate herself from those who made her feel inferior.
I also enjoyed the descriptions of Italy which were vivid. I felt that I was actually there.
Generally speaking, this was easy reading. I would recommend this book for any romantic who wants to let the imagination go to dream of ev
Dan Floyd
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To be upfront and in full disclosure I personally know the author from our military days gone by and had ordered two paperback copies so that I might have them personally signed. I then ordered the Kindle edition so as to not damage my dedicated and signed copies. I rate this five stars (as defined by the Goodreads criteria as "Amazing" simply because I am amazed that for a first book the author made it so readable and fluid. Let me say also this IS NOT a book I would typically buy for or read f ...more
Shayla Gentry
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I personally know the author through his son. I was SO extremely excited to read this book. I ordered a paperback version of it, that way I would get it signed the next time I saw him.

The beginning of the book definitely drew me in. I imagined Ciara to be an almost Audrey Hepburn character. The meet cute between Ciara and Nicholas was adorable. It had a "vibe" to it. A foreshadowing, almost.
As the book continued I was slightly disappointed, just because it did seem predictable. However, I did
Micky A
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A classic love story set in a great travelogue of Italy.

I will read this book again. What a wonderful story. Good Pace, Wonderful Characters, Stunning Locations. It’s obvious the author has spent some time in Italy because the descriptions and the history he gives are fantastic. By the end of chapter one I was already in love with Ciara. There’s something about her besides her beauty that would cause almost any man to be drawn to her. Nicholas is nothing but charming in an old world way. His upb
Gail
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A delightful love story set in Rome where Ciara is knocked over - literally - as she arrives from New York for a well earned break. Ciara's roots through her paternal grandmother are Italian and she has saved for 2 years to visit the country where her grandmother was born. As she is picked up from the floor Ciara is confronted by the perpetrator, Nicholas Granetti and immediately feels "drawn to him as if under a hypnotic trance". And so begins a romance that takes Ciara on a journey with Count ...more
R.T. Dennis
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roman Interlude, written by first-time novelist, M. A. Maggiano, is a very enjoyable read. It is a whirlwind love story that takes place in a truly romantic setting. Excellent portrayals of cities such as Rome, Venice, Florence, and Tuscany, take the reader on a magic-carpet ride to the terra firma of Italy. Characters Ciara and Nicholas are well developed and detailed descriptions of wardrobe and place give the reader a sense of being there. If you are one who receives pleasure from a fantasy t ...more
Kirk Weikart
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
The writing and vocabulary were too simplistic for my tastes. Some portions of the book went into great detail, including an explicitly worded racy scene. Other portions alluded to what happened without any detail at all.

A very straight forward plot, with little suspense or mystery. A good beach read I suppose.
M L
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got an advanced copy this book as a gift for my birthday. As I began reading it I was immediately drawn into the story, The descriptions of the locations the author uses are so detailed it makes you feel like you're there. The characters are wonderful. Even the supporting ones are developed and believable. I didn't intend to read this book in such a short time but the more I read the more I wanted to know what happened next. If you haven't been to Italy, when you're finished with the story you ...more
John Muston
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful story and the author's descriptions give life to Italy's treasures. Traveling through Italy made the romance of two young people more powerful. Very much a travel guide of the ancient beauty and splendor of Italy. I really enjoyed this book!
Roman Interlude by M.A. Maggiano
Stephanie
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the pace, characters and location! When I can read a book and have it play as a movie in my mind its really hard to put the book down, and since that was the case with this book I needed to make sure to read when I could dedicate time to the book. I hope that there is another book in the works - doesn't even need to have any of the same characters as I enjoyed the writing style.
Dianne Hurley