Start by marking “Red (Love in Color #1)” as Want to Read:
Red (Love in Color #1)

Red

(Love in Color #1)

Red. The color of extremes.

Tate Conrad’s existence is annihilated. Destroyed by two men: one, her hero and the other, her worst nightmare. She has nothing to lose.

Determined to survive, vengeance feeds her. There are no limits, no boundaries, not even death, in seeking liberation.

*******

Rylan Wolfe is driven.

A stellar FBI ag
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 273 pages
Published February 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Red, please sign up.
S.M. West Hi Lizzie, it's part of a series with interconnected characters. But, each book can be read as a stand alone. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but…moreHi Lizzie, it's part of a series with interconnected characters. But, each book can be read as a stand alone. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but there is a teaser to the next book.(less)

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: february-2017
LIVE!! #99cents : http://amzn.to/2icCuO7

4 Stars!!

If you are looking for a suspense/mystery novel or you simply want to try a debut author, S.M. West is the author you are looking for. 'Red' , her debut novel was simply awesome. Gripping, well written and action-packed, this story of surviving, finding love and learning to move on kept me at the edge of my seat with its enthralling plot and well-portrayed characters from beginning until the end. S.M. West’s story was engaging, fast-paced and for sure left me wanting more.

“Time is no consequemore.
author,http://amzn.to/2icCuO7

“Time is no consequence. Waiting, no burden. I will have my reckoning.”

Tate Conrad’s life changed irrevocably five years ago, when everything good in her life was destroyed by two men. The last five years have been a living hell for Tate, being forced to endure so much. She’s a master at going within, shutting it all out. She’s a fighter and a survivor, no longer fearing abuse or death and all she wants now is to make her tormentors pay for everything they did to her. And she will do it...no matter what.

“I crave their pitiful downfall. I crave vengeance. I crave freedom.

To make them pay, to get her revenge, Tate teams with the FBI. Everything changes for Tate when she meets Rylan Wolfe, her new handler. Rylan is intrigued by Tate, realizing that’s more to her than meets the eye. He wants to see more, to get to know the REAL Tate, to help her and protect her, but he also knows he should tell her who he really is. Tate knows she should stay away from the sexy FBI Agent since she doesn’t need a distraction, but he elicits desire and want, both of which she thought had been beaten out of her. Both of them fight the undeniable attraction between them, trying not to cross some lines, but as time passes and their connection between them grows, they can’t deny how deep their emotional connection is.

“This attraction, this hold between us, is undeniable, and deeper than anything I’ve ever felt before. One part of me is spellbound and the other, terrified.”

I can’t say I’m a big fan of romantic suspense, but I really enjoyed this one! Like I mentioned above, the story was gripping, action-packed with some interesting twists and turns that held me captive from start to finish. The suspense and mystery elements are fantastically blended together, making this story for me to be very engaging and addictive. One of my favorite aspects of this story was the plot, which was complex, with many layers that kept me on my toes the entire time. While the story overall, is a romantic suspense novel, you have to know it’s not entirely plot-driven. Sure, the plot is the most important aspect, but the story is also a character driven story.

“Our meetings are like Russian Roulette. The gun is locked and loaded. The question is, who’ll pull the trigger?”

The two main characters, Tate and Rylan were interesting to read about, endearing and had so much depth. I loved their portrayal, especially Tate’s. I loved our heroine. She’s my kind of gal – strong, determined, a fighter who’s willing to do anything to get what she wants. Her strength was admirable and I have to say my heart broke for her at times. She was so strong, yet so vulnerable at times. Rylan was an awesome hero. Commanding and alluring he was perfect for our heroine. I loved how sweet, caring and protective he was at times and his tenderness towards her was really heartwarming. I also loved how patient he was with her at times.

“Our first earth-shattering kiss is the dawn of something…something consuming, forbidden and dangerous.

The chemistry between these two characters was off the charts hot and so palpable. They were good together and I loved them as a couple. The supporting character were pretty great portrayed as well and I’m looking forward to read their own stories in the upcoming books in the series.

Overall, a great debut novel I highly recommend it if you want to read a gripping story filled with action, suspense and steam.

Find me on:

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Red (stand-alone). Abused wife is asked to help the FBI to take down the mob, a mission riddled with danger & betrayal!

“Her name’s a prayer and a promise on my tongue.”

Red (stand-alone, book 1) opens up to art dealer and gallery owner Tate Conrad Thornton, Bear married to a monster who beats, rapes, humiliates and tortures her on a daily basis. More on why to unfold with story.

When approached by the FBI to work as an informant to help infiltrate and take down her husband’s mob connections she sees that as a way out.

FBI special agent Rylanbetrayal!
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!
 photo 93915763-485B-4C45-BEE1-12CE0B90CC82_zps3patqh1k.jpg

This is such a great start for this new upcoming author..... I maybe slightly biased but I really did enjoy her poetic writing style, it was intriguing and had lots of sexy moments mixed in. Although the plot comes first in this story to me the more I read the more emotionally involved I got. So If you love Suspense then this will
Snow
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.75 "you are my color" stars

Five years ago, Tate Conrad's life was destroyed and her love murdered in front of her eyes by the hands of the flagitious, ruthless and despicable scum Robert/Bobby Thornton and her father, a cruel criminal/businessman Warren Conrad. Her life is orchestrated by these two men as she's been living in utter hell
Hello darkness, I'm pleased to meet you.

of an abusive torture in the forced marriage with the murderer.
I crave my husband's extruciating death.
I crave my father's eternal suffering.
I cra
murderer.
hell
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED everything about this book... :) Story, writing, characters etc. were fantastic but especially Rylan & Tate's chemistry were really good. <3 Oh also I loved Tate soooo much. She's a one tough lady! :)

Ps. Can't wait to read 2nd book "BLUE" :)

ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 4 Sexy and Suspenseful Hearts!
description

Red is a thrilling start to the Love in Color series, giving us non-stop suspense in the form of an undercover FBI operation and a swoon-worthy romance that ensures we’re fully engaged from first page to last.

She’s painfully gorgeous, yet absolutely arresting when riled. Her passion is potent and striking. This wom
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Honestly, you would never even guess by reading this story that it was the debut novel for S.M. West. I sure didn't and it caught me by surprise. Suzanne, you knocked this out of the park on your first try!! It was well-written, fast-paced, intriguing, suspenseful, sexy and entertaining. If this was her first attempt, I can't imagine how amazing her next book will be!

Tate was trapped in a situation that most of us couldn't fathom. She was used and abused and those she was supposed to
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, read-in-2016
LIVE!! #99cents : http://amzn.to/2icCuO7

Tate has been living her personal hell for far too long. A father who's the worse one you can imagine, a mother who only see her best interest and a husband who's a criminal using his wife as a tool, that leaves Max, her brother who's too far to really protect her.
In order to get some kind of living, she has no choice but to team up with the FBI.

Rylan is an FBI agent who knows getting involved with an informant can be dangerous and tricky. But staying away from Tate is not an option, not only bec
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

LIVE!

4 Steamy-suspenseful Stars!

photo 807071C8-E825-4E8B-B4C7-1240E7D7F4E3_zpsqjj1c4lp.gif

I had the opportunity to read Red as a beta copy. A debut novel for SM West, Red is chock full of mystery and suspense. A heroine dealt an unfair hand at the hand of a Mafia father and a similar fate with a sadistic husband, Bobby, Tate Thornton lives a life of fear and profound control by those two men in her life. Determined to rLIVE!
Kim Bailey
5 Scarlet Stars

This debut novel had me flipping pages long past my bedtime. For anyone who knows how much I value my sleep, you will understand the significance of this.

Red is a passionate story. Every element of this book is designed to have you thinking, to have you feeling, and to keep you glued to the words on the page. From start to finish, I was connected, invested, and intrigued.

The heroine, Tate Conrad is not without fault - she has doubt and demons like the rest of us - but she's also incredibly smart
Peek At My Book Review
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
4.5 I'M IMPRESSED' STARS

description

For a debut author, I'm pretty impressed by the book.
I'm giving it a 4.5 because I loved the writing, the fact that it kept me glued to my seat and it had some level of suspense. However, as much as the characters were well crafted, I still felt that (view spoiler) ...more
Saffron
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5++++ Stars!!!

This book!!! Ugh. I'll try to sum up my feelings about this book. As soon as the author told me that this book was about revenge and stars an FBI agent, I was like, "Um, when can I read it?!"

Those two things were enough to get my attention. I hadn't read the blurb and I hadn't seen the cover. I just knew I HAD to read it. So I went in blind and I was HOOKED! Right from the beginning. The prol
Malene
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
3.5-4 Stars

Red is a great story mixed with suspense and romance. To me Red is Tate's story. Her fighting back and against her parents and her repulsive husband Booby, who controlled and tortured her whenever they saw fit. She's been through so much. Death, loss and abuse but she's finally had enough and decided to work together with the FBI to free herself from her criminal husband and her parents. Her contact is the handsome and skilled Rylan Wolfe. It's no surprise that they instan
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
Melike this, I really do!

Suzanne (SM), I’d say bang up job with this debut novel! Congrats!

There’s plenty room to grow, that’s for sure, but for a debut novel, I’d say SM gave me a story with teeth. If you’re a fan of romantic suspense surrounding crime families and law enforcement, then you should give this a try.

Tate couldn’t have been in a worse situation. Just surrounded by evil, she had to get out. The help came in the form of Ry. Tate has her agenda, and
Lučka
~~~ 3.5 "debut" stars~~~

I pre-ordered this book when I saw the blurb, but then forgot about it. When it "miraculously" appeared on my Kindle I was all

Tate
description
was everything what I like in a female protagonist. Fierce, strong, stubborn, resilient, smart, etc.

Rylan
~~~ 3.5 "debut" stars~~~

Tate

Rylan
description
was everything what I like in a male protagonist. Alpha, protective, possessive, jealous, gaga for heroine, etc.

It was lust at first sight, but not love and they fought their attraction for a while. The chemistry was strong and I was really rooting for them. The supporting characters were also very likeable.

The beginning started off strong and I was instantly hooked, lovin' the characters and the story. Especially the villain and the banter between MCs. As the story progressed I felt like it started wilting down.
description

The story became predictable and needed more depth, there were no twists, the suspense was light and the characters lacked complexity.

Lately, I'm craving books with complex characters that evoke intense/strong emotion, so take that into consideration.

All and all, it was a nice fluffy, debut novel and I liked it. It's a great start and I'm intrigued by the next book in the series.
Marcella
Did I enjoy this story? Yes.
I enjoyed the intensity of the story, the high stakes, the forbidden romance aspect. It all made for good entertainment.
But sadly I couldn't connect with either of our protagonists.
Rylan (LOVE THIS NAME BTW ;) ) Wolfe is an undercover FBI Agent on a mission to take down two criminals who in the grand scheme of things, are no more than nuisances in the game. But Rylan's best friend who is like a brother was taken by these two men and later his body was found in a dump/>
Julia ⏃  ✦ :The Romance Rebels: ⏃ ✦
"Red is all I See."

Red by S.M. West blew my mind. A compelling story about letting go of the past and look forward to the future. Letting that right person in through those thick walls.

The story begins with a young women named Tate who had it all. Her life was pitch perfect.

But with a flick of a wrist all she ever cared about is lost. Her once pure beating heart is forever black. Cold as ice.

"Hello darkness, I'm pleased to meet you."

My heart broke for the Tate. what she had to endure....No one should have to go through tha
Anna
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mimiorphee
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
Red is my favorite color, and I'm not even joking !!!
« Red, the color of extermes. Of life, love and death. The crimson bith of life. The scarlett passion of love. The fiery fury of violence. And the rouge hue of your heart's last beat. »

SM West delivers in her debut novel an intense, emotionaly loaded story.
Meet Tate, strong, fierce woman who's been living hell for years at the hands of an abusive husband (Bobby) and a ruthless father (Warren), both of them involved in mob related shady bu/>
Bethany-Kris
Full disclosure: I consider SM a friend. I like her greatly--a feat that's kind of big for me because you know, don't make a lot of friends. She regularly reads + reviews my work. We're peers in this writing world. She offered me an ARC of Red back before it ever even came out. Again, full disclosure, I refused the ARC. Why? I already pre-ordered the book, and should I have read & decided I didn't like the book, I simply wouldn't have reviewed or rated at all.

That's what I do for peers.

So,
Elisa
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful to the absolute max, even when I wanted to turn away I just couldn't this story just grabbed me and I couldn't let go until I was finished and all this from a first time author, I really can't wait to read what she comes out with next.

I loved how the story went back and forth in time to explain everything from multiple peoples points of view I will say the one thing I would have added was the pov from her parents as Tate idolised her father at one time what happened to hi
S.E. Rose
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an intense and at times dark read. I won’t lie, some parts made me shudder, but if you love a good, dark thriller with a lot of sexy scenes, then this is your jam.
S.M. West builds great details that help you see the scenes as they unfold. Her characters are well written and she gives the reader the perfect window into their actions and thoughts. There are twists and turns that you don’t see coming and it will keep you in the edge of your seat.

Myla
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
For a debut novel this is good...

***full review to come***
Joy Novel Thoughts
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
What a great debut novel, this book was so well written you'd never know it was written by a first time author!

This book took you back and forth throughout time and it was told from multiple POVs. From the beginning you are dying to know what is to come and why it was happening. This book is forbidden and suspenseful.

If you are a fan of the mob books this will be another book you will fall in love with. Although, if you have some triggers... (rape, abuse) you may not be able to hand
Natalie M
Great debut!! I devoured this book as it has a bunch of my favorite elements. The story flows so nicely, it kept me engaged throughout with its suspense and drama. It's definitely on the darker side as the heroine, Tate is in an abusive relationship. Both her father and her husband are awful men who work together and some of those scenes had me cringing. Along the way, Tate works with the FBI to try to bring down her husband and father and meets the hero, Rylan. They were amazing together! There ...more
Bella
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2017
4.5 STARS!!

Red is SM West's debut novel. I'm so excited for more to come by this author!!!

Red is a romantic suspense which is a genre I don't read very often, but after reading a couple of pages, I remember why I used to love it.

The beginning of this book totally sucked me in. I felt every emotion - happiness and light, then confusion, followed by horror and hate. Ugh. I just wanted to jump into the story and get rid of all of the bad guys.

What I love about this book.
~
Anja
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it

(view spoiler) ...more
K.B. Rose
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a skillfully written and well thought out book. From the start, you’re pulled into the action and the dangerous world Tate is imprisoned in. The author knows how to effectively tell a story by letting it naturally unfold, which in turn draws the reader in and makes you care about the characters. I was genuinely worried for Tate many times throughout this novel, and I wished payback on her abusers right along with her. Amidst the suspense of the story, the ways in which Tate was affected ...more
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS!

Review to follow :)

• The Dirty Angels Trilogy: The Complete Box Set (Dirty Angels, #1-3)
  • Deep (Pagano Family, #4)
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
  • Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)
  • To Serve And Protect
  • The Complete Irreparable Boxed Set (Irreparable #1-2)
  • Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology
  • Dissident (Bellator Saga, #1)
  • Finding Rhiannon (Lilith's Army MC, #2)
  • The Volkov Affair
  • Church (Church, #1)
  • Syn. (Den of Mercenaries, #6)
  • Serial, Volume Four (Serial, #4)

Love in Color (3 books)
  • Blue (Love in Color #2)
  • Green (Love in Color #3)