Start by marking “Making Buttons” as Want to Read:
Making Buttons

Read Book

Making Buttons

High school sweethearts, Charlie and Jo Marie, are in love. But when Charlie walks away from Jo Marie, seemingly inexplicably, she struggles to understand how things could have changed so quickly. She holds out hope that he will come to his senses and return, but when he doesn't, she moves on, albeit reluctantly.

Years pass, and Jo finds herself trapped in a loveless marria
Published November 11th 2016 by Lap Wrap, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Making Buttons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Buttons

Publication Date – November 11, 2016
Genre – Contemporary Romance
Type – Stand-Alone
Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
There is nothing I love more than a great second chance romance and “Making Buttons” has all of the ingredients to make my heart flutter.

Jo Marie and Charlie’s characters were so well written that I fell into this
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Jane
Making Buttons by Amelia Arbek was a great surprise! It has a bit of everything including a refreshing plot and great writing style. And as I found out, “Making Buttons” is the term used when worrying yourself sick basically!
The only downside is this was a very long book which could probably have been cut to half if the descriptive text wasn’t so excessive. I really struggled in parts and found myself skipping pages which I never do.
What happens when your first true love, the love
Katie
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 star review
Reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books blog.

I really enjoyed Making Buttons by Ameila Arbek. It was full of emotion, had a great storyline and some really great characters. I have to admit when I first started the book and read the note from the author about some of the content I almost didn’t read on for personal reasons but I am so glad I did. The title of the book ‘Making Buttons’ is referred to quite a few times and it takes quite a while before you actually understand wh
Fran Gray
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC Review on behalf of the Emergency Book Blog..

Making Buttons is a sweet second chance romance; Charlie and Jo are high school sweethearts and very much in love.

She thinks they will be together forever; but Charlie has other plans for the future. Distraught for a what seems like forever Jo finally moves on with her life; meeting a man and that turns out to be something other than what she thought. She lives her life as a doormat always caving just to keep the peace, but when a life altering s
Molly
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I laughed, I cried, I made buttons.
Charlie Anderson sacrificed everything to become the man he needed to be to provide the life he wanted for the love of his life.
Josephina Tedeschi (Jo Marie) picked up the pieces of her broken heart and made herself move on.
The pull of their love was felt throughout the story. The desire was palpable between Charlie and Jo Marie and their willingness to wait until the right time to consummate their love was admirable.
The Tedeschi family members provided great
Amelia Arbek
Nov 11, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am so excited to offer this book to readers. It is a story that is near and dear to my heart, for a few reasons, but mainly because it was inspired by my grandmother. If she were still with me, she would call this contemporary romance a "love story."

She loved "love stories."

As do I.

With hopes that you enjoy this novel, and all of the characters within, I invite you to download Making Buttons.

Elizabeth Collins
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh wow. This book was so amazingly written. I couldn't put it down I laughed,cried and smiled all throughout this book. Can't wait to see what other stories she comes up with
Karla Kbooklover
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Making Buttons is a Contemporary Romance about love, family and second chances.

Jo Marie and Charlie are high school sweethearts but one day he decides to leave town and Jo ends up alone and heartbroken.

As times passes and Jo Marie realizes Charlie is not coming back, she reluctantly decides to move on, eventually meets someone else and gets married, but something happens that makes her reevaluate his relationship and go back to her hometown and her family.

Amelia Arbek’s gives us good characters
Belinda Visser
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Making Buttons by Amelia Arbek is really great second chance romance book. The story of Josephina (Jo Marie) and Charlie is full of emotions and their journey had me hooked from the very beginning. You will have all the feels of first love and all the heart ache that goes with it. This amazing story shows love can and does win in the end.
~~~Belinda, Book Haven Book Blog~~~
Mario Venditti
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story of love and family and second chances

I thoroughly enjoyed Making Buttons. The characters are humanly flawed and relatable. I especially like the enduring nature of love and family that is portrayed and also contrasted with what often masquerades as love: fake, self-centered, and abuse.
William G. Pike
Jan 18, 2018
Robert Miller
Jul 04, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Link a book to my profile 15 23 Sep 27, 2016 03:52PM
Born and raised in the Garden State, Amelia can be found tapping away at her keyboard every chance she gets, (which basically means after midnight.)

Due to the busy and chaotic life she leads, her main source of sustenance tends to be coffee, with espresso coming in at a close second.

Jacked up on caffeine and chocolate-vegan-scones from Whole Foods, her goal is to take her readers on a character dr