Start by marking “Alpha Star (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #3)” as Want to Read:

Alpha Star

(Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  477 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
He will be lord of his own solar system, but he can’t claim the homeworld until he takes a bride. He needs the right mate to win his mating rings, but choosing one female from among the neighboring systems while slighting the others could start an interstellar incident—and this ex-mercenary starship captain has finally had enough of war. Where in the universe can a runaway ...more
Published September 28th 2016 by Red Circle Ink

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha Star

Marta Cox
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Three and a half
My first book by this author but I can see that she clearly has a good imagination and more stories to tell. This took an unexpected turn as when Sin turned up collect his ‘bride’ she had absolutely no idea what on Earth he was talking about. Turns out someone else has applied to find their perfect match which leaves Sin in rather a quandary. Zoe is someone who has been through a lot and physically she is still having issues but that doesn’t stop her from standing up to Sin, I l
Fatimama
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I really liked the Hero, his alien-ness was so interesting in that he absorbs the metals of his homeworld into his body. And when he finds his fated mated, he gets metal rings as a manifestation of the match. I didn’t like the heroine so much but I guess I understood her reluctance to go right away with the Hero as she didn’t sign up for a dating agency and she had no idea what he was talking about. I wanted more smexy times too.
Chappy
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alien, erotica, romance, sci-fi
I'm quite impressed with this book. First-time author for me and I'll be sure to read more.

I found it by looking into the Intergalactic Dating Agency series...this is book #3 but the 1st one by Elsa Jade.

Loved the concept of the mating rings and Sin's spaceship crew was reminiscent of Guardians of the Galaxy. Zoe was not a typical heroine...she's got some substance to her and some physical injuries that still plague her.

E.G. Manetti
In an engaging mashup, Elsa Jade weaves in shifters, and cyborgs, two other hugely popular tropes. The result is the LOL antics of the couples paired by the Intergalactic Dating Agency -- where Tinder and Match.Com meet spaceships and blasters.

With space opera-esque good vs evil to leaven the romance, these books are fast paced, and relatively short at ~ 150-170 pages. To borrow from fellow author Rachel Chanticleer, these types of books are 'cotton-candy reads'. Sweet and satisfying but not par
Mojca
The matriarch of the clan has bequeathed Sin, the fifth son of a fourth son of an eighth son, a solar system. The only condition to claim said solar system is that he gets a bride. And the easiest way to get a bride is to ask the Intergalactic Dating Agency for help.

Even before they reach Earth, Sin gets the good news. They found his match. And she's perfect for him...But when he goes to meet her, and take her with him onto his spaceship, he realizes Zoe has no idea what he's talking about. And
Kelly
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book as part of an anthology and loved it so much I immediately put the other three books in the series on my wishlist. Sin was...complicated. The galaxy he lived in was complex. I was already onboard with those two things and then he started...I don't know what you call it. He was fricking forming mating rings out of his body. Let's just say that was the thing that made me go from like to love with the story.

I enjoy a strong man who finds his special someone and ends up so comp
Jackie
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A different sort of alien/cyborg type of story that I haven’t read before. It held my attention, but something felt a little off to me, that I can’t put my finger on what that is. The flow was smooth. The world building was alright, could have been a little better. There were a few places, I felt like Déjàvu or like I read snippets from another book at some point in the past year. I know I haven’t read this before though. I did like the Hero - Sinn, he was interesting, in need of some humbling w ...more
Aurrora James
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Just okay

This story is well written but I found that I didn't like the heroine much, and because of that, I found her unworthy of the hero. Aside from sex and being true mates, I am not sure the hero could see likeable qualities in her. There just wasn't time. Only my opinion of course.
Wolgan
Probably more like a 4.5, but I was entertained so I’m rounding up.

This was actually really quite good. I picked it up based on the title/series alone, expecting something super cheesy and totally cliched.

I kinda got that, but it was very well written and entertaining. The story was definitely in the specific genre, but the characters and setting were interesting, and frankly I just enjoyed it for what it was.

The only real issue I had was in the first few pages. There are a group of people on t
Tammy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
First time reading from the author.
I liked the book cover and the description. It pulled me into wanting to read the story.
The first ten percent was a little slow, almost boring. It didn’t seem to introduce us much to the characters, as I would have liked. But we get to know them more as we keep reading.
I thought the story gets better as the two meet. Sure she thinks he lost his marbles. The story even makes you smile in spots of the story. The pull of chemistry is there. Once they get to know e
Gwen
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one it was short but sweet, and well written for a sci-fi romance! I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this novel, although there was one element I could not take seriously. The author was trying too hard to put "sin" in everything. I mean seriously, SINclarion jax, SINners prayer, SINgilt rings. There are 470 occurrences of sin in this book. Yes, it is in one of the mc's names. BUT If a character is named something recognizable and suggestive like Sin, I don't nee ...more
Betty Lambert
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really did enjoy this book. Its a quick read. This is about a cyborg prince who will be lord of his own solar system but he can't take claim until he marries. He has to find a girl who will be able to accept all his rings, and there are 5 rings, from among the neighboring systems. He finds the girl when he goes to a dating agency but ends up with the wrong one. She doesn't believe him at all. Quite the connumdrum. Lots of action and some passion but all in all a great story line. Recommend.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides and the third in the Intergalactic Dating Agency series by Elsa Jade. Sinclarion Fifth-Moon Jax or Sin, as he is called has come to Earth to find his match. He applied for a bride through the Intergalactic Dating Agency and she is in Montana. Zoe found a strange cube and is going to turn it in to the lost and found. But Sin finds her and thinks she is his mate. But Zoe refuses so...

It was entertaining and I will probably read more by this aut
Betty
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You're ABSOLUTELY GONNA LOVE THIS WHOLE SERIES!!

Alpha Star: Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides#1 (Intergalactic Dating Agency) By Elsa Jade is filled with wonderful characters and their storyline. This whole series written by a combination of authors is a brilliant collaboration with their talented imaginations and writing styles. You're going to be thoroughly entertained and completely captivated by the characters and storylines. I'm recommending everybody enjoy this wonderfully enjoyable series.👏
Julie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun read

Bits of realism, like losing a loved one in war, and a whopping big lump of intergalactic love. Even though Earth is a closed planet, the Intergalactic Dating Agency has an office in Montana.
Zoe finds a message cube, but doesn’t listen to the whole thing. On the way to take it to the small town lost and found, she meets up with Sin, but turns him down since she doesn’t understand.
True love wins in the end though.
Teon
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, quick read.

I love these Intergalactic Dating Agency books. I know I would want to sign up now that they said they do make sure to match bipedal species together! I was afraid I’d get the tentacle guy. Sin is sinfully hot and goes to the IDA to be matched to a bride so he can inherit a solar system!
Dmcl
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Strong, alpha hero meets determined, sassy heroine in a fated mating that cannot be denied. Lots of passion, scrumptious aliens and Big Sky country combine to bring a very engaging and well written story. Minor errors don’t spoil the reading and I will certainly read the rest of the series.
Sue Davis
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book, Looking Forward To Her Friend's Stories

This series seems like a lot of fun. I have enjoyed every intergalactic mail order bride book . But this had a little different reason for them being in space and why this was the by way to get mates. The crew sound like fun to be around, which makes me look forward to each of their stories. ENJOY !!!
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting book

Sin and Zoe's story is quite interesting and fun. I definitely think that Zoe pulled through her brain injury really well, even though she had to learn how to live differently! Sin also had to learn how to woo an "Earther." The underlying alien quality is absolutely fun!
Kyra Carr
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides

Alpha Star really reeled me in. I loved Sin and Zoe..
I liked the crew members, Honey and Ivan. Loved Zoe's sisters in stress, Del and Trish. I can't wait to read the other books in this series.
Tamara
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I gotta say I put it down until I finished it thats how good it was. The Elsa Jade is a remarkable writer. If you want to read something that's going to keep you wanting to see going happen next, this is the book for you
Xerxia
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Read this as a snark-along - intergalactic mail order brides? What could be more perfect for a girly giggle fest? But you know, it wasn’t too bad. Replete with typos and errors, but a half decent plot and some smokin’ alien smut.
Cheryl Viner
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting opening to the story

I enjoyed this book very much. I like that there is a glitch that matches the right people together even though Zoe never signed up for the service.
Barbara
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free book and voluntarily chose to review it. I enjoyed the book. I have my strong woman, but she has a few problems. It looks like the dating agency has a few bugs in their program that matches aliens and humans.
Vi
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Good, quick read! A different way of obtaining a mail order bride! Loved Zoe and Sin's strong yet fragile characters that grow stronger the more time they spend together. Look forward to more on Del, Ivan, Honey and Gre-Gre.
Jamie Stephenson
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one. the characters were quirky and fun and their interactions were hilarious. the chemistry between sin and zoe was explosive even if she didn't want to acknowledge it at first. I can't wait to read about honey and Ivan finding their mates as well.
Amber
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I grabbed this on a whim and it was more than I expected. I grew up between two military towns and there are certain experiences that I'm familiar with and rarely see in stories like these. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty darn good.
Stace
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this well written story and characters!! Looking forward to more from Elsa Jade!! I live in Big Sky country (Bozeman) and would love to sign up with the Intergalactic Dating Agency!! :)
Brittany
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: alien, sci-fi, paranormal
This was recommended to me and I decided to give it a shot. This was a take on mail order brides. I just wasn't over the moon about it. Solid read just wasn't jumping over the moon.
Theresa
Dec 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
The Hero was great, the Heroine was not so great. Not much romance.
I grew up reading SFF, buying the biggest books I could with my chore money. While I loved the action, adventure, and exciting worlds, most of those stories were missing…kissing! Now I read and write paranormal romance and science fiction romance which I think mix the best of all worlds. I also write urban fantasy romance as Jessa Slade and sexy contemporary romance as Jenna Dales.

I spend most of

Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides (4 books)
  • Red Shift (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #2; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #10)
  • Dark Matter (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #3; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #17)
  • After Burn (Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides, #4; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #22)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage