Start by marking “Last Girl Standing” as Want to Read:
Last Girl Standing

Last Girl Standing

From dressing Mama Cass to being pelted with jelly babies as she helped photograph the Rolling Stones’s first US tour, from drunken New York nights spent with Jim Morrison to producing the very first all-woman comic book, the Lady of the Canyon takes no prisoners.
Published September 12th 2017 by Fantagraphics

To ask other readers questions about Last Girl Standing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Girl Standing

Brent
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all readers, particularly fans of great comics, great music, and great fashion
Recommended to Brent by: Trina
This was so much fun to read, slowly, with appreciation. I've followed Trina's work since I discovered her underground comics in the mid 1970s. Now, she tells all! Trina made clothing for some great rock musicians, and tells about her boutique, as well as her great drawing, writing, and activism. These are great stories of such a great, fun life.
Thanks to the Emory University Library for ordering this from publisher Fantagraphics Books.
Highest recommendation.
Erin
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Robbins is ultra cool, but there were some problematic moments of re-hashing drama that seemed petty and out of place. I loved reading about her experiences as a dressmaker in the 60s and a comic artist/writer after.
Marsha
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I met Trina Robbins when I lived in San Francisco in the early 1990s, in a writing workshop. Our young teacher gave us writing prompts. Our goal was to become better writers with practice. Apparently, it has since paid off as I liked this autobiography a great deal, which was well-written and very interesting.

Throughout the years, I would see Trina at comic book and writers' conventions, until I moved out of California in 2009. I didn’t realize she had such a colorful past, although I know she h
Melissa
If Trina Robbins chose the title "Last Girl Standing" to play on the trope of the one remaining female at the end of a horror movie that survives to tell her tale, she is definitely more like reliable if plain Laurie Strode from "Halloween" than intense Ellen Ripley from "Aliens." While I did not need Trina to open a vein to find her voice believable or her story interesting, too little variance in the sort of superficial storyline and in the tone of her writer's voice ended up flattening the im ...more
Michelle
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This book has good gossip and def makes you know even more than you expected that everyone you think is an asshole is indeed an asshole.
Corey
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorite figures in comics. This book is so cool. Why hasn't DC collected her Legend of Wonder Woman series as a graphic novel???
Michael
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
via NYPL - A strong autobiography of one of the most valuable figures in the comics underground. Trina is a treasure and I'm glad she shared her story with us.
Deborah
Ben Dugan
Apr 30, 2018
Wendy
Apr 23, 2018
Trina Robbins is an American comics artist and writer. She was an early and influential participant in the underground comix movement, and one of the few female artists in underground comix when she started. Her first comics were printed in the East Village Other. She later joined the staff of a feminist underground newspaper It Ain't Me, Babe, with whom she produced the first all-woman comic book ...more