Start by marking “King Solomon's Curse (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #13)” as Want to Read:
King Solomon's Curse (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #13)

King Solomon's Curse (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #13)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  442 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Following on from THE MIDAS LEGACY, Andy McDermott's new Wilde and Chase novel sees our daring duo on the trail of a strange, ancient weapon of immense power hidden in a lost city deep in the African jungle. Perfect for fans of Clive Cussler, Chris Kuzneski, Dan Brown and Scott Mariani.

Nina Wilde is back on the hunt. Now a presenter of her own TV documentary series, Nina i
Published September 21st 2017 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about King Solomon's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Solomon's Curse

Jacques Hollands
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I think I have finally become fatigued with this series. Don't get me wrong. I loved it from the first book with the possible exception of Book 2: The Tomb of Hercules where the constant bickering and fighting between Wilde and Chase just became too much for me. This book has a similar feel to it. The character of Nina Wilde has simply become intolerable. Her incredibly selfish character detracts from what could've been a pleasurable book otherwise. It was simply too much with the author hardly ...more
Melinda
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another multi-country, action-packed, crazy ride for the Wild and Chase duo. This time Nina is working on her new TV show ( is this a little like Anya Creed in the Rogue Angel series here?). Anyway, Macy is home with Dad (Eddie) and Nina is off adventuring when 'stuff' happens and Chase has to go look after his wife. And save the day - a few times.

Buggeration and Fuckery! Oh my how I love the cuss words that come out of this Yorkshireman's mouth. Laugh out loud!

So, this book is not going to be
David Snape
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of how Nina and Eddie made the discovery from Jerusalem all the way to the Democratic Republic of Congo and unearth some valuable treasure, that could potentially destroy anything in its path.
With some very dangerous powers hidden, some old faces try to use the power to put the British government into chaos.
The story I find combines Tomb Raider, Indian Jones and Jason Bourne into one. Great characters, great action and a pretty bold storyline. This is definitely a 5 star, a s
Robert Bradberry
Strong Finish

Eddie and Nina are great characters but I particularly
liked Eddie this time. Maybe it was just in comparison
to Brice that he shined. After action galore in Solomon's
castle, the action turned up another notch in London and
I flew through the last sixty pages. Great job.
Nikki Brooks
I've missed this series. I had taken a break because I was starting to feel a bit anti-Nina to be honest. But I decided to give her another chance!

We are back amongst the globe trotting duos escapades. but whilst Eddie has (kind of) matured , Nina is still chasing the next big discovery, putting her fellow archaeologists and programme making colleagues backs up in the process! I'm in no way detracting from her following her career and being a person other than Mum to Macy but she does tend to se
Joshua Kurz
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Kate
Nina and Eddie are back - and this is one of my very favourite series! A return to form after the disappointing The Midas Legacy, although again, at 560p, this is a little too long.

Theresa
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now that Nina’s in her 30’s she’s going through a mid-life crisis and wants to have a final adventure. This one leads her into the heart of the Congo following a clue left by Solomon. Of course Eddie has to go with her keep her safe.

I’ve read a lot of stories with traps and tests needed to get to the object and I’m surprised at what the author can come up with. These tests, while not especially hard, are at least thoughtful and, as in the case of the 3rd one, uses a lot of faith and trust.

Footno
Tyson Adams
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Do lost cities get social media pages when they are discovered so archaeologists can check-in?

Nina and Eddie are again inexplicably searching for the lost relics of myth and legend. This time King Solomon's lost treasures - which have previously not turned up, because reasons - are the McGuffins that could fall into the wrong hands. What could possibly go wrong with a post-Brexit rogue MI6 (SIS) spy and a Congolese warlord hot on your tail?

It has been a while since I've read a Nina Wilde and Edd
Mary
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this latest Wilde/Chase novel. There was the usual amount of action and daring-do as in all the other books in the series. I liked the archeological aspects and thought the artifact very clever and unusual. Of course it was farfetched but that's what I like so much about this type of story. I think my only complaint is that Nina can be so snarky and, yes, just plain bitchy and it can get really old. I understand being occasionally exasperated with her husband but she really needs ...more
Miles
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Absolutely loved the book, one of my favourite from the series. Chases around London, up against time, frantic escapes in the jungle and great characterisation depth. the book is a must read. The protagonists are as strong as ever but for me it was the baddies along the way that really made the blood boil and anger form while reading! You just wanted to take out a virtual gun and shoot them!

King Solomon's Curse is non stop and although a long book it didn't feel arduous at all. Brilliantly craft
Timmy Stephens
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even after 13 Wilde/Chase is still fun!

It must be seriously hard for McDermott to come up with new scenarios and new legends to uncover after 13 novels with the same characters, but he still manages to do so brilliantly. It was great to see Eddie finally be pushed past his moral line as he encountered more people from his past. And his actions in the middle chapters will surely have ramifications in further stories, well at least I hope they will. I already can't wait to see which legends Nina w
Sam
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, thriller
Very happy to see the return to form in King Solomon's Curse after the letdown I felt from The Midas Legacy in relation to the other works of the series. While slightly longer than the average length of novel in the series, it does not feel poorly paced and the return to the exploration of myths and legends brings back the excitement and enjoyment that the earlier works in the series provided that The Midas Legacy failed to deliver for me.
craig hurdle
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a read

I like the continuing adventures of Wilde/Chase this story was about a jewel that had a lot of destruction in the wrong hands. A rouge MI6 agent trying to rule the world as Wilde and Chase have there daughter taken hostage and her parents get her back and capture the rouge agent and put him somewhere nobody can find him.
Rick
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
McDermott does it again with Wilde and Chase. As with the other novels, it starts off with a set up much like a roller coaster car going up a high hill. As it crests and heads down...…..look out! It is non-stop action with the finding of King Solomon's temple and then off to find the City of the Damned in the DR Congo. Chase and Wilde are at their best. Can't wait for 14.
Rae
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As with the rest of Andy McDermott’s books, King Solomon’s Curse delivered a great thrilling & funny read. One of my favorite authors, Andy kept me turning the page until it was finished. If you’ve never read him before and want action, adventure mixed in with ancient & historical stories then Andy Mcdermott delivers it all.
Let’s hope he’s already writing his next book!
Kevin Johnson
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The biblical ray gun

I enjoyed this latest addition to Chase and Wilde series very much(like all the others)
The Horn of Jerusalem was never a topic I thought would've made an action romp but, it definitely was.
Great reading
Stephanie Gonzalez
Nina and chase save the world again

Very good action. Interesting plots weapon choice. I like the use of multiple intelligence agencies and soy against soy conflict. Overall another entertaining novel!
Tanya
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another epic Nina Wilde and Eddie Chase action adventure book. Andy McDermott’s one of my favourite authors and again he doesn’t let me down! A little slow at first but very quickly picks up the pace.
alison humberstone
Novel thriller

Brilliant fast moving plot. One of the best so far I would throughly recommend to others. Can’t wait for the next one.
Kerri
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

This story was another good example of the treasure hunt variety mc dermott puts out. Too many good people get “offed” but it is how life is.
Dennis R Morin
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read.

I've been a fan since the beginning. I would suggest starting with book 1 and going forward from there. Kind of like binge watching 24.
Douglas
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
King Solomon's Curse is a welcome return to breathtaking action and superb entertainment. Easily the best WildeChase yet. And the puns? Man, superb!
Agnes Melissen
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay-ish.
Not one of his best books.
I love those treasure hunt books, but this is more about chasing the bad guy.
Chris
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic tale, full of gunfire, explosions, discoveries and dead bodies looking forward to their next adventure & discovery
Ric
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: andy-mcdermott
Just ok. Good to read but not allot of new substance.
C B Bradley
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant read

Wilde and chase do it again kept me riveted from start to finish looking forward to the next one which I hope is soon
Kenneth
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: andy-mcdermott
Eddie & Nina uncovers an ancient powerful weapon and has to keep it away from the hands of agents.
Linda A. Blanchette
Lots twists and turns.

There were many plot twists in this fast paced book. It is, however, light reading. More substance would have helped.
Pete Amy
Oct 18, 2017
Andy McDermott was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and now lives in Bournemouth. As a journalist and magazine editor, amongst other titles he edited DVD Review and the iconoclastic film publication Hotdog. Andy is now a full-time writer.
More about Andy McDermott

Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)
  • The Secret of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)
  • The Covenant of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Cult of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • Empire of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • Temple of the Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #9)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Less Than A Treason (Kate Shugak, #21)
    $9.99 $4.49
  • The Air Raid Killer (Max Heller, Dresden Detective, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • New York Dead (Stone Barrington #1)
  • The Ministry of Fear
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Heart-Shaped Box
    $11.99 $2.99
  • 15 Seconds
  • You'll Never Know, Dear
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99