Start by marking “A Cry Among Men” as Want to Read:
A Cry Among Men

Read Book

A Cry Among Men

4.71  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Friday night, April 3, 2015 Don Wilcox came face-to-face with the devil. As Wall Street’s most prolific and respected Mergers & Acquisitions investment banker, scores of people loved him, but there were scads who disliked him because of his quiet confidence and recurrent success. Yet no one lugged around the bucket of jealousy, contempt, and hate towards Don like Scott ...more
Published October 7th 2016 by / A / K / K / Books

To ask other readers questions about A Cry Among Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cry Among Men

Larry Christian
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Picked up this literary work just a few days ago and the read is complete. It was purchased along with several other books and I have not so much as scanned the other books as of this writing. C. E. Brown has done a masterful job of creating this story's tapestry with his strong command of the english language. It is one of those works that continually draws you into relationship with the characters so much so that you feel a part of their journey as they almost become real to you. It demands yo ...more
Steve E.
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The novel "A Cry Among Men" by C. Erskine Brown is a detailed account capturing the impediments confronted by an African American male (Don) in a predominately white work environment. The novel metaphorically addresses the vast number of successful African American males that continue to combat hate, racism, jealousy and all forms of adversity in the workplace and society in general; simply because of skin color.
It also illustrates the innate survival instincts of Don and many African Americans,
Myra Coleman
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RIVETING!!!!

This book is one of the best works I have read in a very long time. Suspenseful, thought provoking. Riveting!!! The author is a masterful writer. The book was well written, spellbinding, and told an absolute truth using bible scripture before each chapter. I am hoping that a part two is imminent. Well Done!!!!
Dayna Turner
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. My book club read the book and were intrigued! The author was gracious enough to do a Q& A with our book club and answered all of our questions regarding the characters and why the book was written. If you haven't read this book yet, pick up a copy. Happy reading!
John Pleasant
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book to read by a good friend/mentor of mine. My friend gave me the book and told me to read it, I had no prior history/knowledge of the book. The book captivated me from the very beginning. The author did a phenomenal job of developing characters and keeping social issues of today at the forefront. As a Caucasian male, I would love to have the opportunity to thank Mr. Brown for bringing us this book. I'd like to think I'm an individual who considers multiple perspectives and is ...more
Neal
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Found out about this book from a friend of mine who recommended it as a must read. I was skeptical but bought it anyway. Started my read and couldn't put it down. Stopped reading at certain points to savor the content. I am an avid reader of all types of books and A Cry Among Men ranks with the best that I have read. Timely in its message and tense in its delivery. C Erskine Brown is a writer to be watched.
Gloria Sullivan
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was as if the book was written for the sociopolitical climate currently gripping our country. Well written, intriguing, with an unexpected twist. The protagonist shows strength and resilience that few if any would, or could endure. The reader will be both shocked and anxiously awaiting the sequel.
Mark Davis
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Marty
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book, loved how the author used Bible verses throughout the Novel. Great book about having faith.
Melvin Hunter
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I am blown away!!!! This author did a masterful job of drawing me into the image of a positive Black family, a successful couple.....Then he shatters that image by showing how one moment could bring everything crashing down. This story was breath-taking. I will caution anyone who reads this book to keep a dictionary handy. The author used so many different words but they were fitting. Although he used various big words, the story is still easy to follow. Great read and I'm looking forward t ...more
Kim Collier
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a reader all of my life, there have been few books that leave me speechless as "A Cry Among Men" has done. I highly recommend this book to those who are looking for a book that would engage your mind, values, and spirituality. It also addresses the importance of strong marriages in today's families. I believe it is extremely relevant in the world today. I can't wait to read C. Erskine Brown's next book!
jessica
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not read this book I just downloaded it today

I can't write a review I just downloaded this book today. I sure it good how can u write review when you have not read the book
P Morgan