Start by marking “Am I the Only One” as Want to Read:
Am I the Only One

Am I the Only One

Desperation had a flavor.

It was all Emma could taste as her life in Washington DC started to crumble before her.

In a city filled with prestige and American dreams also lay political fallacy and corruption—corruption she would soon find herself indulging in.

Emma would have done anything to save herself from the downfall, gone to any length, sacrificed her soul if needed.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published July 10th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Am I the Only One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Am I the Only One

Start your review of Am I the Only One
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

saa

Buddy read with Sonya and Anne from Chatterbooks Bookblog ➤https://bit.ly/3dR8Fi8
So here we 3 are, all mean't to start reading at the same time, But nooooo 2x of us couldn't wait
2 of us just about devoured it before we remembered we were mean't to be buddy reading
2 of us got told off!! lol

How far would you go for money?

I'm not going to write this review up as I normally would, mainly because I don't want to wreck it for you, so this is a no frills review by yours truly!!

Onto the book!
E.K. Blair
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A savagely clever thriller filled with twists and turns, intense emotion, and suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last page! Add it to your TBR!

CC
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 ★

As a politician’s wife, Carly Montgomery was committed to being by her husband’s side and forgoing her own career aspirations. Though they’ve been happy for years, she now suspects infidelity. But Carly needs answers before she can move forward with what she’s rightfully earned and that’s where college student, Emma Ashford, enters a world with high stakes.

“Pushing against him, I search for comfort within his hold. It’s the craving to simply belong when I’m so lost.”

From the beginning,
✰ Liz ✰
"With a sweeping kiss to his cheek, I seal the decision to make the man I once thought as my savior into my enemy."
description

Am I The Only One is a dark thriller with complex characters and a twisted plot. Carly Montgomery has always been the perfect politician's wife. She does all she can to please her husband and keep up appearances. When she begins to suspect that her husband is having an affair, she becomes desperate to catch him in the act. Emma Ashford is a young college student who is strugglin
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The absolute thrill that comes from reading Blair's witchy, twisty reads is hard to articulate because they're books for the heart. A broken, bleeding, contorted heart, but heart nevertheless!!
EK has always brought us hard hitting, jaw dropping, psychological thrillers which belie your senses. Unputdownable reads with greyish brush strokes, they're hard to figure out.
This one is A story of Love lost on the power corridors, blindly stumbling to find a way out. It's like the Hall Of Mirrors, full
Jennifer Kyle

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Thriller
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person – Dual

“Image is everything, even if it’s covered in lies.”

Emma Ashford after a tragedy finds herself desperate for help but she refused to ask anyone for it. She is bound to fight hard for her dreams but when an opportunity finds her way she is not sure what to think, but she finds herself unable to refuse the offer she gets regardless of the risk.

“I’ve been drowning for what seems like an e

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200702_205426.png

Whoah!! Now this is the E.K Blair that I’ve missed!! Cunning, thrilling, eye opening, heartbreaking, and oh so exhilarating!! This author held back nothing and when it came to giving us a complex story that was so messed up, so damaging, you had no choice but to hold your breath for the entire read and exhale slowly at the end.

29469956._SY540_.jpg

Two women from two completely backgrounds with an endgame that will change the course of each other’s lives. If you want something in life, you have to go get it yourself
warhawke
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Genre: Thriller
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Emma Ashford had her life all planned out but when her carefully built dreams crumbling down brick by brick, she was desperate for an out. Along came Carly Montgomery who could provide her with what she needed. But it came with a price that could change both of their lives for better or worse.

I could connect to both Emma and Carly who were in similar but separate situations. I liked seeing how both of them reacted when forced into
Grace
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Em Gee!! That was my first thought after finishing this psychological thriller.

This book explores the lengths someone will go to protect oneself, not realizing that in the process, they are slowly destroying themselves. What makes this story unique, is that the two main characters both experience this in their desperate need for survival.

To avoid spoilers, I won't get into the stor
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Jaw Dropping Stars ~

I don’t even know how to describe let alone review the book I just read!!! Nothing I say will do this story the justice it deserves.

All I can say is that it was mind blowing, jaw dropping and totally addictive. E.K. Blair totally blew this one out of the water. I think this is my favorite book of hers to date!!

Am I the Only One is an all encompassing, intriguing and captivating story. I knew right from the beginning that I was h
Krissy loves to read
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first ever book read by E.K was Bang, how I was entranced with each book in that series! Years and books later including some deliciously addictive YA stories EK has become a favorite of mine, a go to, dance of happiness when hearing of a new book she’s coming out with and counting and checking my kindle for days until it’s beautiful cover and words are upon my screen.
Am I the Only One is no different! This story gah, how do I explain a story with so much unique craft, addicting right from t
The Book Bee
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"Image is everything, even if it's covered in lies."

WHAT. DID I. JUST READ??? Just kidding....I know what I read. It was a slice of the brilliant mind that is EK Blair.

Talk about an adrenaline rush!!! Holy cow, I'm on a high right now after reading this one and I must say that I loved it. LOVED IT. I have missed this depraved, creepy side of EK Blair for some time now. Her writing is glorious and has been for some time - I thoroughly enjoy it!! But this book, this storyline
Chayo
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story gripped me right from the start! Two desperate women caught in a web of deceit. Two very different circumstances leading them toward each other.
I’m utterly speechless yet have been left with so many emotions and scenarios playing in my mind hours after finishing a book that literally held me enthralled and which I read through in hours!
Well developed and intriguing plot, two complex female characters, and two endearing male characters...loved Luca! And Matthew!
Tammy  Zautner
My review is about to be short and sweet. Sorry about that, I don't want to say much for fear of accidentally spoiling something and as cliché as it may sound, this is one book you need to go into blind.

Am I the Only One is a twisted story of physiological warfare. The mind games between each player still has me reeling, hours after finishing the book. A book I stayed up until the wee hours of morning so engrossed in I could not put it down. To say I'm impressed by this first-time author to me
Louisa
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing

My first suspense book I ever read I think was BANG! by E.K. Blair and I have been waiting for another suspense from her to give me the same feels...you know - the "WTF did I just read" feel. For me, the barometer for a good suspense book is exactly that...what did I just read? What just happened? A mind fuck essentially and E.K. Blair delivered it with Am I The Only One.  I went into it blind - I knew that E.K. Blair would bring it and holy shit SHE DID!

The characters, Emma, Carly, Tripp, a
United Indie Book Blog
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well that escalated quickly. What a mind trip, all of it. I’m not sure where to begin or what to say without giving too much away. We get two POVs Carly and Emma with a few others at the end. It flows nicely together and leaves you with more questions. So many lies and betrayals. If you are looking for a read that will keep you up late at night this is it. I do wish we would have gotten more and I'm hopeful that maybe we will. **FINGERS CROSSED**

Review by Raychel
Nickie Nalley Seidler
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
EK Blair has woven a brilliant thriller that does not disappoint. Politics, lies, power, money, and a whole lot of suspense. They are all so effortlessly combined in this circle of events that'll blow you away as they unravel. This novel will make you grip the edges of your seat unable to stop yourself from the anticipation so you frantically turn the pages to see what twist happens next. I felt for the relatable characters deeply until your heart practically stops beating from what you read, be ...more
Sally
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! 5 Suspenseful Stars!!!

EK Blair can write a thriller like no other. She's always taking things in a new and different direction. She doesn't shy away from anything so you are constantly wondering what will happen next and if your heart and mind can handle what she puts on those pages. The prologue grabbed me and I was hooked. From there, I was completely swept away into a world of political fallacies and hidden agendas.

The story is told in a dual narrative. I could connect with both of th
Becky Rendon
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy Sh't!

Holy sh't! Holy sh't! Holy sh't!

How far would you go to secure your future? How deep do your insecurities lie? If tested do you think you would be able to do what is necessary?

This suspense filled thriller has all Emma's answers. Will you be able to fight your way through and determine yours?

E.K. Blair had me on edge the entire time. When the bomb went off, I was sitting on top of it looking for signs of its presence. Never say never. I always thought I had a solid head on my shoulders
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wow what a mind bender. My thoughts were running a mile a minute with trying to figure out the end game. I was way off.

E. K. Blair wove an intriguing, suspenseful and all consuming psychological thriller. I was fully invested in Emma’s story. Her situation is dire and the lengths that she goes to is interesting to say the least.

There are many moving parts to this story and I devoured every word. E. K. Blair is a one click author for me.
Kim Whitehead
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smokes!!! My goodness! What utter chaos with so many twists and turns!! Brilliantly written and incredible!! I mean I was so shocked at what transpired! Literally Shocked!! I devoured E.K. Blair’s words! This one will have you questioning everything, while trying to solve the puzzles that were presented! And what a tangled web of lies there was!! Suspenseful and intense!!Phenomenal story!!
Shelly Tooley
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a clever psychological thriller this was! Most definitely mind blowing! There was so many eye opening twists and turns. The suspense kept me intrigued, captivated and on the edge of my seat throughout the whole book. The emotions were off the chart! I loved that there were so many mind games that keep you guessing and questioning your thoughts. I didn’t see any of the events happening in the book coming. I am so happy that I went into the book blind. E.K. Blair, this book is brilliant!
Debi Price
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY MOLY!!! I received an ARC for an honest review
Well I sat with this for a bit and I still don't know how I can review this without Spoilers. I've been waiting for another thriller from my Favorite Author E.K. and she DID NOT disappoint! Just when I thought I knew where things were going EEEEEK! So many twists and turns. The main Characters were Emma, Carly, Luca, Tripp and Olivia. It begins one way like I said. I thought I knew where the story was headed. I was totally wrong!
The Ending is O
Isabelle MBTL
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Thriller, Romantic Suspense

First Person, Dual-POV (there is one chapter in a third voice)

This book is a standalone.

This has been a completely MINDSCREW !!!

I think I've finished this book a week ago and I still don't know how to explain any of it.

Wow!

I don't know what I was expecting, but nothing came closer to the truth.

This is a thriller, that scrambles the brain and keep you guessing and changing opinions each and every chapter.

I have no idea

Meghana Sarathy
This was a superb read and it delivered everything I sought and expected when I started with the book. It was a crazy read from start to finish with many twists and turns that had my head spinning, making it one of the most sinfully delicious book of the year. There is a lot I wish to say but considering I have to keep this review spoiler free, I'll keep it short and won't address the protagonists with their names directly.
Set in DC, against a political background, this book offers a very good
Sassy Southern
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carly Montgomery is a therapist married to Tripp who wants to become the next governor of Maryland. Yet her life is beginning to slip away from her when she discovers that her husband is having an affair with one of his campaign workers, Olivia. Carly knows she will lose everything if she divorces him due to their pre-nup and a friend of her advises her to beat Tripp at his own game.
Emma Ashford’s life is crumbling as she is at risk to lose her scholarship at Georgetown University when her grade
Sandy S
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AM I THE ONLY ONE by E.K. Blair is a stand-alone, contemporary, adult story of suspense focusing on counsellor Carly Montgomery, and university student Emma Ashford.

Told from three first person perspectives (Carly, Emma and Luca) AM I THE ONLY ONE focuses on betrayal, secrets, and issues of trust in the world of the powerful and political elite of Washington DC. University counsellor Carly Montgomery is the dutiful wife of William ‘Tripp’ Montgomery, a man whose family has political aspirations
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

Um...wow. Blair never ceases to amaze me with her twisted stories...this one is no exception.

Follow me as I attempt to do justice to Am I the Only One without giving anything away...not an easy feat, but here goes.

Carly Montgomery doesn’t truly know what it takes to be a politician’s wife, but she tries. Oh lord, does she try. Never measuring up in the eyes of her mother-in-law, always having a constant insecurity she’ll end up just like the rest of the wives...turning a blind eye
Karen
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story that blew my mind! Quite the plot twist at the end.

Carly Montgomery is the wife of Maryland’s Attorney General, William Montgomery, who is running for the Governorship of Maryland. They have been together for thirteen years. He has never given her a reason to doubt him or think he is cheating until now. After all, politics is wrought with cheating, lying, corruption and deceit, what makes William any different? When she witnesses a close encounter of William and his assistant Olivia, Car
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • The Player Next Door
  • Black Tangled Heart (Play On, #3)
  • Starlet
  • Agony (Entangled Hearts Duet #1)
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Pawn (The Pawn Duet, #2)
  • Hard to Handle
  • Darkest Sin (Las Vegas Sin, #3)
  • Fraud  (Antihero Inferno, #2)
  • Fifth a Fury (Goddess Isles, #5)
  • Cruel Beloved
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security, #1)
  • Queen Move
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern Series, #4)
  • A Love Song for Dreamers (Rivals, #3)
  • Code Name: Ghost (Jameson Force Security, #5)