Start by marking “Am I the Only One” as Want to Read:
Am I the Only One

Am I the Only One

Desperation had a flavor.

It was all Emma could taste as her life in Washington DC started to crumble before her.

In a city filled with prestige and American dreams also lay political fallacy and corruption—corruption she would soon find herself indulging in.

Emma would have done anything to save herself from the downfall, gone to any length, sacrificed her soul if needed.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 298 pages
Published July 10th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services (first published July 8th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Am I the Only One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Am I the Only One

Start your review of Am I the Only One
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

saa

Buddy read with Sonya and Anne from Chatterbooks Bookblog ➤https://bit.ly/3dR8Fi8
So here we 3 are, all mean't to start reading at the same time, But nooooo 2x of us couldn't wait
2 of us just about devoured it before we remembered we were mean't to be buddy reading
2 of us got told off!! lol

How far would you go for money?

I'm not going to write this review up as I normally would, mainly because I don't want to wreck it for you, so this is a no frills review by yours truly!!

Onto the book!
✰ Liz ✰
"With a sweeping kiss to his cheek, I seal the decision to make the man I once thought as my savior into my enemy."
description

Am I The Only One is a dark thriller with complex characters and a twisted plot. Carly Montgomery has always been the perfect politician's wife. She does all she can to please her husband and keep up appearances. When she begins to suspect that her husband is having an affair, she becomes desperate to catch him in the act. Emma Ashford is a young college student who is strugglin
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
hmmm. 3.75 Stars
CC
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 ★

As a politician’s wife, Carly Montgomery was committed to being by her husband’s side and forgoing her own career aspirations. Though they’ve been happy for years, she now suspects infidelity. But Carly needs answers before she can move forward with what she’s rightfully earned and that’s where college student, Emma Ashford, enters a world with high stakes.

“Pushing against him, I search for comfort within his hold. It’s the craving to simply belong when I’m so lost.”

From the beginning,
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200702_205426.png

Whoah!! Now this is the E.K Blair that I’ve missed!! Cunning, thrilling, eye opening, heartbreaking, and oh so exhilarating!! This author held back nothing and when it came to giving us a complex story that was so messed up, so damaging, you had no choice but to hold your breath for the entire read and exhale slowly at the end.

29469956._SY540_.jpg

Two women from two completely backgrounds with an endgame that will change the course of each other’s lives. If you want something in life, you have to go get it yourself
warhawke
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Genre: Thriller
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Emma Ashford had her life all planned out but when her carefully built dreams crumbling down brick by brick, she was desperate for an out. Along came Carly Montgomery who could provide her with what she needed. But it came with a price that could change both of their lives for better or worse.

I could connect to both Emma and Carly who were in similar but separate situations. I liked seeing how both of them reacted when forced into
E.K. Blair
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A savagely clever thriller filled with twists and turns, intense emotion, and suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last page! Add it to your TBR!

Bibi
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it
One of the lowest hanging premises in psych-thrillers is to make the female lead an unreliable narrator since it then gives the ensuing twists and reveals more shock-value.

Likewise the reduction of women into deranged wives or psychotic mistresses with zero agency or money, who then either get saved or killed by their men. It's misogynistic and the holy grail of all cliches.

Am I the Only One overflows with cliches, still, I liked it and would have read it in one sitting had it not been for that
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The absolute thrill that comes from reading Blair's witchy, twisty reads is hard to articulate because they're books for the heart. A broken, bleeding, contorted heart, but heart nevertheless!!
EK has always brought us hard hitting, jaw dropping, psychological thrillers which belie your senses. Unputdownable reads with greyish brush strokes, they're hard to figure out.
This one is A story of Love lost on the power corridors, blindly stumbling to find a way out. It's like the Hall Of Mirrors, full
The Book Bee
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"Image is everything, even if it's covered in lies."

WHAT. DID I. JUST READ??? Just kidding....I know what I read. It was a slice of the brilliant mind that is EK Blair.

Talk about an adrenaline rush!!! Holy cow, I'm on a high right now after reading this one and I must say that I loved it. LOVED IT. I have missed this depraved, creepy side of EK Blair for some time now. Her writing is glorious and has been for some time - I thoroughly enjoy it!! But this book, this storyline
Lo Bookfrantic
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-br, arc-review-ng

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Thriller
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person – Dual

“Image is everything, even if it’s covered in lies.”

Emma Ashford after a tragedy finds herself desperate for help but she refused to ask anyone for it. She is bound to fight hard for her dreams but when an opportunity finds her way she is not sure what to think, but she finds herself unable to refuse the offer she gets regardless of the risk.

“I’ve been drowning for what seems like an e

Anne OK
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pun ahead and definitely intended! "Am I the Only One" who felt like I got thrown over a cliff at the end and all those dangling ends offered nothing to hold onto?

Yep! E.K. Blair did it -- immediately pulled me into this web of deceit, lies and worse, and then kept me breathless awaiting a gift from the gods proving that one of these characters, someone, anyone in this wicked story deserved to survive.

At this point, I'm going to step away, maybe read this menacing masterpiece of unscrupulous d
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

Am I The Only One is E.K Blair and her ability to fuck with your mind at it's finest!

Now onto my shortest review not because I am afraid I'll spoil you but because of the mere fact that there's no amount of words best decibes this book. Admittefly too, I have no idea how to pen what I felt towards the book. ;)

I finished Am I the Only One eons ago buddy reading with my favorite people. You see, we have been a sucker for all things E.K Blair that buddy reading became whose ahead of whom because de
Grace
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh Em Gee!! That was my first thought after finishing this psychological thriller.

This book explores the lengths someone will go to protect oneself, not realizing that in the process, they are slowly destroying themselves. What makes this story unique, is that the two main characters both experience this in their desperate need for survival.

To avoid spoilers, I won't get into the stor
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-new-author
Addicting psychological thriller. I was completely suckered into the whole storyline. This brilliant writing deserves 5 stars, but I just can’t. I can’t get over that ending. OMG.! Read it, but go in blind.
Emma
Jul 27, 2020 rated it liked it
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Jaw Dropping Stars ~

I don’t even know how to describe let alone review the book I just read!!! Nothing I say will do this story the justice it deserves.

All I can say is that it was mind blowing, jaw dropping and totally addictive. E.K. Blair totally blew this one out of the water. I think this is my favorite book of hers to date!!

Am I the Only One is an all encompassing, intriguing and captivating story. I knew right from the beginning that I was h
ChayCharita
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story gripped me right from the start! Two desperate women caught in a web of deceit. Two very different circumstances leading them toward each other.
I’m utterly speechless yet have been left with so many emotions and scenarios playing in my mind hours after finishing a book that literally held me enthralled and which I read through in hours!
Well developed and intriguing plot, two complex female characters, and two endearing male characters...loved Luca! And Matthew!
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
3.5 stars!
Jen Zingaro
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
My mind is still reeling from this book.
There is so much suspense and craziness. Everything I thought I had figured out was up-ended at each turn. This story kept me guessing. It made me uncomfortable, angry and shocked in all of the best ways. I haven't felt this way since reading Verity by Coho.
I loved the characters and hated the characters. It was such a confusing situation for my mind to be in because I found my feelings were changing from page to page.
If you are looking for a book that i
SimplyƝì₭
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow so much to love in this book. If you have not read Bang (Black Lotus, #1) by E.K. Blair get that book too.
Mrs. Blair just brings thriller and suspense to a whole new level. I loved this book. I can't go into details, but it did not end in a HEA, nor a cliffy. It was the thrill at the end that made this book.

So many complexities and substories woven together. Yum

Try it, it will put a smile on face in quite a few places.
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
Desperation has a flavour, a face a soul and a heart which beats frantically and its beat is oh so so fast so fragile so... desperate

When I first saw a new release by Ms Blair I put it straightaway on my tbr list and proceed to pre order it, just like that, no question asked no info no blurb nothing at all, it’s EK Blair we’re talking about.
When it was time to read all I saw around were “go into this blind” the blurb didn’t give much away, actually it didn’t give anything away sooo I did just th
Krissy loves to read
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first ever book read by E.K was Bang, how I was entranced with each book in that series! Years and books later including some deliciously addictive YA stories EK has become a favorite of mine, a go to, dance of happiness when hearing of a new book she’s coming out with and counting and checking my kindle for days until it’s beautiful cover and words are upon my screen.
Am I the Only One is no different! This story gah, how do I explain a story with so much unique craft, addicting right from t
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Errrrrrr where is the rest? What the hell!!! You seriously cannot end a book like that...is there another one? Nothing is resolved. Yes, you could use your imagination, and yes, that last chapter I already knew was going to come, but what the hell...no resolution whatsoever. I just don’t get it. I read a lot of crime thrillers and this is definitely one of those, but you always get an ending. Not left hanging. I’m just at a loss for words because that is ridiculous. I still staring into space th ...more
Berry ♡ Nice
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't read this author in a very long time and I picked just the right book for a comeback to this author.

Very well written. Amazing storyline. Intense at every page turn... and a plot twist I didn't expect.

I had a few theories of how I thought this would end and none of them were right. LOL. I love it!!!!
Kim Whitehead
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smokes!!! My goodness! What utter chaos with so many twists and turns!! Brilliantly written and incredible!! I mean I was so shocked at what transpired! Literally Shocked!! I devoured E.K. Blair’s words! This one will have you questioning everything, while trying to solve the puzzles that were presented! And what a tangled web of lies there was!! Suspenseful and intense!!Phenomenal story!!
United Indie Book Blog
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well that escalated quickly. What a mind trip, all of it. I’m not sure where to begin or what to say without giving too much away. We get two POVs Carly and Emma with a few others at the end. It flows nicely together and leaves you with more questions. So many lies and betrayals. If you are looking for a read that will keep you up late at night this is it. I do wish we would have gotten more and I'm hopeful that maybe we will. **FINGERS CROSSED**

Review by Raychel
Debi Price
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY MOLY!!! I received an ARC for an honest review
Well I sat with this for a bit and I still don't know how I can review this without Spoilers. I've been waiting for another thriller from my Favorite Author E.K. and she DID NOT disappoint! Just when I thought I knew where things were going EEEEEK! So many twists and turns. The main Characters were Emma, Carly, Luca, Tripp and Olivia. It begins one way like I said. I thought I knew where the story was headed. I was totally wrong!
The Ending is O
Karin
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a rollercoaster of emotions type of book, and it definitely is a thriller that will play with your head and take you on a psychological ride with these characters. My head is still spinning a bit from this book. Theres some books that need to be dived into head first completely blind, this is that book
Nickie Nalley Seidler
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
EK Blair has woven a brilliant thriller that does not disappoint. Politics, lies, power, money, and a whole lot of suspense. They are all so effortlessly combined in this circle of events that'll blow you away as they unravel. This novel will make you grip the edges of your seat unable to stop yourself from the anticipation so you frantically turn the pages to see what twist happens next. I felt for the relatable characters deeply until your heart practically stops beating from what you read, be ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Queen Move
  • Dead Pretty
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • Code Name: Ghost (Jameson Force Security, #5)
  • The Priest (The Original Sinners, #9)
  • Fallen
  • What We Forgot to Bury
  • Exodus (The Ravenhood, #2)
  • The Simple Life (Hometown Love Series #1)
  • When Ashes Fall (Moments in Boston, #1)
  • Nome-o Seeks Juliet (Odds-Are-Good, #2)
  • Unloved
  • The Book Doctor
  • Ruthless
  • Not What I Expected
  • The Wife Who Knew Too Much
  • Bound (The Devil's Due #3)
  • At First Sight (A Modern Fairytale, #7)
See top shelves…