Start by marking “Dyeing to be Loved (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dyeing to be Loved (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #1)

Dyeing to be Loved

(Curl Up and Dye Mysteries #1)

Gabriel Wyatt is a big city Detective living in a small Ohio town. He expects a peaceful existence once he moves from Miami, Florida, but that’s the last thing he finds. Instead, Gabe discovers murder, mayhem, and one smart-mouthed stylist he can’t get out of his head.

Josh “Jazz” Roman is a small town salon owner with big dreams and an attitude to match. He finds himself
Published November 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Dyeing to be Loved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dyeing to be Loved

R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Impressed Hearts!

Wow, this was a fantastic read if I do say so myself. I admit I’m not always up for a murder mystery since often the romance gets pushed to the side as the main focus is finding out the whodunit, but this right here? The romance took center stage, and it was a really entertaining story that pulled me in, surprising me at how much I enjoyed this.

Set in small town Ohio, this focuses on local hair stylist Josh Roman who’s had more than his fair share of horribly disappointing r
Meags
4 Stars

Okay, first things first: I highly recommend reading the prequel story (Fatal Reaction) before diving into this novel. I know the latest edition of this ebook has the prequel attached as a sort of extended prologue, but some readers may not have this newer edition or they may simply feel it’s safe to skip over because they don’t like that sort of thing – either way, I would not recommend skipping it. The prequel not only introduces readers to the town of Blissville and its assortment of q
Denise H.
** Incredible, wonderful, amazing mystery romance ! ***
Josh/Jazz was having a great day when two women broke out

into a full fledged fight on his hair salon floor. He even got a black eye trying to break them up. Detective Gabe was on the scene the next day...

when one of the women was found dead in her tub. Who did it !
Gabe and Josh have had a one night stand and must work to find the murderer.

Gabe would like to be with Josh again, but they do snark at each other, and irritate each other. D
~Mindy Lynn~
Amazon Freebie today 8/3/17
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.5*

This was my second time reading this book. The first time around I didn't really feel wowed so I didn't know if I wanted to continue with the series. I decided to go ahead when the reviews for the remaining books looked promising. Now after reading it the second time I did enjoy it a tad bit more. But still felt frustrated with Josh's attitude towards Gabe. But I got over it at some point in the story.

The drama in this book is ve
Shile

Well! Well!

Surprise!

description

description

This is my first book by this author and sure won’t be the last I liked it.

This is the story of Gabe the detective and Josh the salonist. The story starts with a murder mystery that brings these two together. The start is not a smooth one, they start of as enemies who enjoy some hot scorching sex to lovers who enjoy cute moments together.

I Loved

-Gabe and Josh, I felt their connection from the start. Josh could be frustrating at times, but I understood his reservations.

-The w
Lyn
2.5 stars. Very frustrating read. The hot and cold relationship between the MCs almost had me giving up on this book. I actually started it weeks ago and to put it on pause. The book does end with the relationship on seemingly solid ground, so I will give book 2 a try. But if the back and forth nonsense starts up again, I'll just give up. I hope it doesn't because Josh and Gabe are pretty sweet together when they aren't acting like idiots.
Line
You do not NEED to read: Nut Case Love Anthology, but in that book you will find the prequel (and the beginning of Josh and Gabe's relationship) to this story.
And a heads-up: some of the scenes from the short story is repeated in this one as flashbacks, just... *UGH*!

I feel cheated; first something is missing from this one, and after some googling and searching I find the beginning in the Anthology, and then it turns out, that some of the already SHORT story is incorporated in this story... Jus
Gigi
Nov 16, 2016 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
This one seemed to frustrate trusted GR friends more than provide enjoyment. I'm going to pass.
Jaime
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and Sassy romance

Before I even start the review I have to give a shout out to the cover lovers, like myself and say "DID you SEE that cover??" Sexy as hell! Those two on that cover are perfect! Let me tell ya the formatting is amazing as well and we get to see these sexy guys all through the story to keep them fresh in your mind! Loved it!

Now the story...

Dyeing to be Loved is a romantic love story with a side of mystery, featuring two MC who are made for each other. Josh is such a Sassy
BWT (Belen)

**Cliffhanger Alert**

All in all I liked it a lot, especially that it's from both Jazz and Gabe's POV. I'm especially glad in the edition I picked up for free on Amazon a little while ago, and the audio, included the original prequel story. (view spoiler)and having the prequel
Angela
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Oh sure, Kindle Unlimited, I'll try this one!

Fuck everything!
There was some huge thing that happened before this book starts that explains how the MCs met and it's all off page except for a few details. That's some bullshit. I hate this book. Seriously book. Fuck off. Rude as hell. I read up to 98% when the mystery was solved and boy was that a fucking let down. Unimaginative and it basically solved itself when our hero was at home recovering from a vicious beating by a 70 year old woman while
Chris
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, military-crime
An enjoyable read about a small town hairdresser and the local detective who had a serious love hate hard on for each other. Josh was a little flighty and paranoid at times and Gabe was hard headed and stubborn - the result being a lot of on and off again moments, but finally once a little trust was shown things started to improve. Of course there was a murder to solve - which really wasn't much of a thriller, but the developing romance saved the day !
BR11
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, not-too-steamy
Dyeing to be Loved (Curl up and Dye Mysteries)

3 and starts.

A somehow engaging story with a somewhat mysterious murder and a sometimes annoying MC comprise the summary of this book.

A detective in small town US, Gabe, falls for Josh, the flamboyant owner of the Curl Up and Dye salon, even when he’s not what Gabe believed to be his type.

Josh, a stylist with a phobia about relationships, cannot resist the hunky detective.

It was an ok book but nothing to call home about. I checked a couple of times
Laxmama
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible, dual-pov, m-m
Meh, I had been anxiously waiting for this one on AUDIO, when I heard my FAVE Joel Leslie was narrating I was beyond excited. First part that irked me was there was a prequel - fine, but then it lead directly into book 1 and was really repetitive. I liked a bit of the banter, then Josh's attitude to Gabe got old. Yes he was rude at first but move on or forget it. The snippy attitude began to grate on me. Also my pet peeve is Insta-love/lust, although these two were not in-love per say- they were ...more
Finnegan
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
All the drama... I liked the title, but the drama not so much. This is book one of the series, and I will seriously reconsider reading book two. I just can't stand the hot and cold between the two. And the mystery was not that great.
Ariana
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
*3,5 stars*

I think I may have been spoiled by a couple of excellent mystery series recently. Like ruined for a whole lot of other books of the same genre ...

This was entertaining enough, and it certainly kept my interest all the way, but not so much for the mystery plot as for the Gabe and Josh, and whatever blossoms between them.
If you are looking for a well developed 'whodunit', this is not it! (I could not believe who the culprit was and what they did to Gabe and Adrien!)

So is the romance wor
Tami
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3 frustrating stars

80% of this book, yes 80%, was spent with Jazz being childish and giving serious mixed signals and Gabe not getting a frigging clue and walking away.

I normally enjoy this author's work and I kinda sorta liked this book too but I thought the interactions, and constant chasing by one MC for the other, was totally overplayed and at one point thought they were better suited NOT being together.

This felt like a story which was stretched/dragged out to make a book and it didn't ins
Amanda
Is been a long time since I indulged in a good mystery series and this one seems like a good one to pick up since there are already four books in.

From the beginning, I felt like I've been missing something crucial between Josh and Gabe. There seems to be some animosity between them. Although they did rehash some of the past, I'm too curious to let it go and went over to read the prequel from the author's blog. I highly recommended potential reader to read it first before starting this.

Josh is an
Lyra
So, this book was...okay. I tried to read it once before when it didn't come with the prequel (Fatal Reaction) and I DNFed it because I felt like I was missing a chunk of the story. Now if you download it from Amazon you get the prequel (I actually had to mess around with the support desk for a bit because mine kept downloading the old version, but we got it worked out--thanks support helpdesk person!), which helped, although the prequel wasn't exactly what I expected (I had gotten the impressio ...more
Leaundra
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Why Gabe even wanted a relationship with Josh I don't know? He was exhausting. Someone keeps rejecting me like that I'm out! I liked Josh sometimes but he annoyed me also.
Darlene
Definiately a book to "dye" for. I love Aimee Nicole Walker's writing and she has a great start to this series. I love Detective Gabe Wyatt and Josh as a couple. The mystery was compelling and there were many canidates that could have done the murder.

When I first started reading, I thought I'd missed the first book along the way when it kept referring back to another murder that had happened before this book. So I never figured that out. I assumed it was just part of the book and there wasn't a
☙ percy ❧
Jun 18, 2017 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 18%. i'm just not feeling it and i get so impatient after a string of bad books lmao.
Viv
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was an enjoyable book. I loved the chemistry between Josh and Gabe. I think the "mystery" part of this book was on the weak side, but it was still a good book. I will definitely be reading book 2.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Delightful.

On to the next. I'll review in the morning!
Jordan
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars across the board! Not only was this an amazing story with amazing characters, but the audio performance was out of this world. WHY did nobody tell me about this book sooner?

I can't believe it took me so long to get started on this series. I've had this book on my radar for some time now, but I kept putting it off because my reading list is so long. I finally had the chance to get my hands on the audiobook and I couldn't pass it up.

At first, I really didn't like Gabe. He was a judgementa
Lisa
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think I am going to enjoy this series but a couple of things niggled.
I didn't get the point of the short story regarding the dead woman. Was this book originally written as a short story and then expanded? When I saw prologue at not a very high percentage, I thought at first it was an extremely short book and glad I borrowed not bought the book.
Also I did get a little fed up of the' do I want him or not'.
That said, I did enjoy the mystery and didnt see the identity of the killer.
I think the 2
Annika
Audiobook review

Full disclosure; I read the print version of this book about a year ago and was very conflicted. I really enjoyed the story, the people, the town and not to forget I just loved and adored Savage! I'm his fan for life! But, the writing, or more importantly the lack of editing, completely destroyed the book for me. So when I had the opportunity to listen to the audio version narrated by Joel Leslie, I decided I wanted to give it another try. I mean Gabe and Josh are just a lot of
Jenny Wood
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Hmmm, Josh and Gabe, Josh and Gabe.... where to begin.

Okay, so... I had to go back and read the prequel because like everyone has said, everything was kind of flashed backed to, but...it was a free 30 pages, so why not go read it and be in the loop. So, I did, and I really enjoyed it. The banter between these two was cute and I understood Josh's reservations and why he was so doubtful.
Now, in saying that, I'll say that it was cute in a 30 page read. The back and forth between these about done my
Melissa
I LOVED this book! It was so cute and Josh is snarkalishous. LOL! :-D I just knew I was going to love this series and I was right. Gabe and Josh get off to a rough start and Josh isn't one to let people into his life easily. Gabe really has to work hard to get Josh to trust him and they don't even know if they like each other while they do know they are attracted to each other.

I highly recommend this book and you do need to read Fatal Reaction before you read this one as the prequel is referred
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review: 4.0 Stars

Gah! I loved Joel Leslie's voice for Josh but hated it for Gabe; too old and not deep enough.

Probably not gonna stop me from listening to rest as they come out because I love the stories themselves...

Original Rating: 4.3 Stars

So good! I liked the prequel but this was far and away a better story without the almost supernatural influence/aspect.

Sometimes Josh's reticence to fall in love, to trust his heart got a little annoying (especially when his body would cave like house
  • Murder and Mayhem (Murder and Mayhem, #1)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Suspicious Behavior (Bad Behavior, #2)
  • Slasherazzi
  • Fish Out of Water (Fish Out of Water, #1)
  • Strange Medicine (Dr. Maxwell Thornton Murder Mysteries #1)
  • Criminal Intentions: Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions, Season One #6)
  • Flash and Bang (Death and Destruction, #2)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2)
  • The Mystery of Nevermore (Snow & Winter, #1)
  • Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2)
  • The Rancher's Son (Montana, #2)
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • The Finder
  • The Mermaid Murders (The Art of Murder, #1)
I'm a wife and mother of three teenage kids. I've been married to the same wonderful man for twenty years. I've decided that if I can survive raising three kids then I can survive anything!! I haven't uttered the Mama's curse yet, but it could happen any day now. You know the one..."I hope you have a child just like you someday."

I'm an avid reader and lover of all things romance. I've spent my ent

Curl Up and Dye Mysteries (7 books)
  • Something to Dye For (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #2)
  • Dyed and Gone to Heaven (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #3)
  • I Do, or Dye Trying (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries,#4)
  • A Dye Hard Holiday (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #5)
  • Ride or Dye (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #6)
  • Candy Hearts and Chaos (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #6.5)
“He was an exotic animal I wanted to pet but feared it might bite me, hard. I” 0 likes
“I closed my eyes, tilted my head back, and fought for control over my rioting body. Something about Josh brought out a primal need to claim and possess, to mark him as mine.” 0 likes