Start by marking “Brobarians” as Want to Read:
Brobarians

Brobarians

This is the tale of the mighty Brobarians. Two warriors, once at peace…now at odds.

Iggy the Brobarian has taken over the land. Can Otto the Big Brobarian win it back? Or maybe, with a little help, the two brothers can find peace again…

This is an epic—and adorable—story of sibling rivalry and resolution.
Published March 28th 2017 by Two Lions

Start your review of Brobarians
Alex  Baugh
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Starting with a hand drawn-in-pencil-and-crayon map of Brobaria, that clearly shows the backyard territory divided between Iggy's Land and Otto's Land, young readers are plunged into the tale of two brothers, the mighty Brobarians, once at peace, now bitter enemies.

Sporting a mop belted to his head, an orange towel cape, and a diaper, Iggy the Brobarian is the younger of these two gladiator brothers. Older brother Otto the Big Brobarian prefers a blue towel cape, a viking hat complete with
Anne
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this through a giveaway It was very cute! I got this for my boys (ages 9 and 6). I think the message went over their heads and the words were quite large for a child's book (I had my 9 yr old read it) so I ended up having to read it instead, but they did enjoy it! The graphics are super cute too!
Rod Brown
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just a little bit of nothing about a couple young brothers playing and fighting. Too many exclamation points, not enough substance.
Adele
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
This wasn't bad exactly. It just felt like a wasted opportunity and so was kind of disappointing.
Donna Mork
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two brothers fight battles, until mom calls them in. They will battle another day.
Lisa
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This highlights the imagination of little boys. I loved it.
Kendra Morgan
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, won, kindle, received
Cute children's story.
Patricia Kaniasty
Totally cute. Loved this story!! Pictures were great too.
Ashley
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just about as delightful and humorous as I was expecting. A good sibling book share!
Mary
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This picture book is ridiculous in the best way. Super funny, great for a read-aloud, and nice illustrations.
Jason Smith
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I LOVE this book. This is the story of two young brothers, who happen to be mighty warriors who are fighting for control; of each others empire. The illustrations are wonderful, capturing the tone of the book perfectly. The pages are sometimes full bleed illustrations and sometimes are a montage of pictures showing varying points of action. The words are placed perfectly, accentuating the illustrations and lending powerful to strength to the book. The glossy paper makes colors pop off the page ...more
Michael Ramalho
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful tale of brothers who battle and fall, but not to one another. Read it fo my nephew and he loved it. Great story engaging, adventurous, and suspenseful. A must you to any young minds filled with adventure and imagination.

A highly recommended story for any child.
Action packed, exciting, with a great ending any adult can reflect on.
Read it today.
Alyssa Gudenburr
A super cute story of two toddlers who are brobarians! The picture and the illustrations shows the imagination of the two boys as they pretend play in the backyard. On the longer side so it would be good for elementary students.
Desirée Meyer
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Two young brothers embark upon a medieval battle in their back yard. I enjoyed how the adorable illustrations complimented the toddler imagination. This story lends itself to some exuberant oral reading!
Sheryl
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Book about two brothers and their disagreements. While cute, the format is a little over the heads of younger readers.
Casseroll
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Really cute and funny. Brothers who are "brobarians" and end up in conflict. The artwork, words and story are entertaining. Way too cute.
Michelle
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Love the imaginations of these bros. Endearingly illustrated. These guys would be a hoot to babysit!
Andrea
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Great illustrations and what a fun story!!
Kelly
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sibling rivalry and resolution told in the form of a barbarian battle.
Jatana
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book of two boys letting their imaginations take them on an adventure in the backyard.
Andréa
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-owns, picture-books, arc
Note: I received an F&G of this book from the publisher at an ALA conference.
Kristina
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
It's okay, but I am not sure who the audience it was written for is.
Kenzie Tuttle
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Preschool/Kindergarten kids
Fun kids books. Probably for preschool and kindergarten age kids. The artwork is cute and very eye-catching.
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-favorites
faris liked this book. cute book about siblings and their love/fight relationship
Karen
Just reading about medieval kings so this was perfect - brothers fighting brothers, except on the preschool non-lethal level!
Joan Marie
Big brother little brother rivalry. Accurate and humorous at the same time. The cut paper, pencil and crayon illustrations add to the delight.
Pam
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Two brothers (brobarians) are at war in the backyard conquering treacherous quicksand (the sand box), battling raging storms (the sprinkler) and challenging colossal monsters (the BBQ grill). Great idea and some fun but others have done it better. (Marla Frazee's "A Couple of Boys Have the Best Weekend Ever")
Barbra
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it
With vivid illustrations we follow two brothers who turn everyday items and themselves into a world where they can battle together.
Sheralee
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, giveaway
Blah

The illustrations were cute. That was the best part of the book. The story line is undeveloped and completing missing. I know it's a children's book but given a little more time and a few more pages, I think this could have been a cute story.
Kellee
Full review including teaching tools: http://www.unleashingreaders.com/?p=1...

This extended metaphor really embodies what it feels like to be a sibling. As the oldest, I can definitely remember times when I was younger and felt like I was in a battle with my sister for attention or cookies or anything that she had that I wanted. And through this metaphor of siblings as brobarians fighting over territory and bah bahs, hilarity ensues! Once best of friends, they are now at odds–who will win?!

• Stack the Cats
  • Grumpy Monkey
  • The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors
  • Duck, Death and the Tulip
  • The Rooster Who Would Not Be Quiet!
  • Little Fox in the Forest
  • Hair Love
  • I'm Trying to Love Spiders
  • The Antlered Ship
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Please Don't Eat Me
  • Cats Are a Liquid
  • The Thank You Book (Elephant & Piggie, #25)
  • I Really Like Slop! (Elephant & Piggie, #24)
  • 24 Hours in Nowhere
  • Town Is by the Sea
  • Grumpy Monkey Party Time!
  • River
Lindsay Ward has a BFA in Illustration from Syracuse University.Her most recent books include It’s Show and Tell, Dexter! and Don’t Forget Dexter!, books 1 and 2 in the Dexter T. Rexter Series with Two Lions. She is also the author and illustrator of Brobarians (Two Lions, 2017), The Importance of Being 3 (Dial 2016), Rosco vs. the Baby (S&S, 2016), Henry Finds His Word (Dial, 2015), a Choose ...more