Jump to ratings and reviews

Mahamudra Tantra: The Supreme Heart Jewel Nectar

Mahamudra is the union of great bliss and emptiness--the very subtle mind that experiences great bliss and realizes ultimate truth. By enabling us to go within to uncover the deepest level of our mind and then to use the very subtle mind to meditate on ultimate truth, Mahamudra practice destroys all our delusions at their very root and thus propels us quickly to the state of full enlightenment.

"Mahamudra Tantra" begins by explaining the basic correct view and intention needed for successful Mahamudra meditation, as well as the meaning of Tantra and the two stages of Highest Yoga Tantra practice, and then explains the preliminaries and stages of training in this profound practice.

294 pages, Paperback

First published October 1, 2005

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kelsang Gyatso

119 books178 followers
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche is a fully accomplished meditation Master and internationally renowned Teacher of Buddhism who has pioneered the introduction of modern Buddhism into contemporary society. Presenting Buddha’s teachings in a way that is relevant and suitable for modern people with busy lives, he shows how these teachings can be used by anyone, Buddhist or non-Buddhist, to solve problems, improve relationships and eventually attain a deep and lasting inner peace and happiness.

He has also created all the conditions necessary to support the study and practice of Buddhism in modern society: writing 22 highly acclaimed books that perfectly transmit the ancient wisdom of Buddha; establishing over 1,200 Kadampa Buddhist centers and groups throughout the world; developing modern study programmes; training qualified Teachers; and establishing local, national and international courses, festivals and retreats. Through all these and other activities Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche is giving new life to Buddhism, enabling people everywhere to discover inner peace and happiness through Buddha’s teachings, thereby bringing greater peace to a troubled world.

The term "Rinpoche," added to Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso's name, is a Tibetan word that means "Precious One," and has been added as a mark of deepest respect.

To discover more about Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche’s compassionate vision and activities visit http://tharpa.com/us/benefit-all-worl....

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (3%)
1 star
2 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
Profile Image for David Steven Jacoby.
32 reviews2 followers
September 28, 2021
This book leads you from the basic Buddhist philosophical exploration of the mind, further into Tantra beliefs about winds and channels connecting the mind to the body, and it ends with prayers and chants. So it’s well structured and clear, but I don’t believe any of the real Tantric stuff - the detailed anatomy of winds and channels, or the prayers to the god forms of Buddha’s emanations, which amount to deities and idol worship in my opinion.
1 review
Read
October 2, 2016
that hes a good character
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.