Start by marking “The Realist's Guide To Sugar Free: How To Quit Sugar And Stay Sane In The Real World” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  139 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A humorous and honest guide to eliminating sugar from your diet. For good.

Quitting sugar in the real world is hard. Sugar is everywhere and your friends think you’re mad for not eating cake. You’ve done the 8 week detox plan and part of you still craves chocolate so much that you develop a mild twitch when you see a brightly coloured wrapper on the shelves in front of you
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Realist's Guide To Sugar Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Realist's Guide To Sugar Free

Em
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, food-diet
From Amazon Prime - I'm thinking maybe not quit sugar entirely but at least cut back a bit! A short read and some intereting points but I think I'd need to read a bit further to be able to fully embrace the concept. Also, I don't think my husband and kids will be signing up for this type of regeime.
Susan
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, non-fiction
Fascinating

Interesting and informative little book, written in an approachable conversational style. The author identifies some of the myths surrounding food and diet marketing and how sugar is actually in so much of what we think of as healthy food. Then she gives you a no-frills plan for kicking the addiction.
lawrence cooper
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting read

Very interesting read and it will push me to make the leap to sugar free for my health and my kids health. It's really time everyone took a stand on sugar and the shady practices of the multi-million pound companies who hide sugar everywhere and market it as healthy
Paula
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

This is a good insight into sugar and how it affects our bodies. Very easy to read and understand. Exceptionally practical. I will read it again and again on my sugar free life change!
jill jones
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Boast

After giving up sugar over the last 5years this was so refreshing to find a straight forward book without the science (well too much)
I have recommended to all my friend will continue to refresh myself it's so easy to be drawn back into the evil sugar world
brian coyne & susan coyne
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Never thought.

Never gave it a thought about what sugar was in what products.
This book has opened my eyes.
My good wife has bad sugar levels, after reading this book I hope I can help her reduce her sugar, and get things better. Dam good read
Sarah1983
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the way this was written, not one of those dry and dusty fact books. It's definitely not easy to avoid sugar, it's in pretty much everything unless you make everything from scratch.
karen stephens
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

I found this informative, funny and easy to read. It gave good common sense advice and made me believe I could give up sugar!
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Very quick read available from prime lending library. I imagine it would be very useful if you were thinking of going sugar free; good mix of tips and practicalities with a bit of light science.
Peter
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

A clear and easy read. Hope it has set me up right to get started, I certainly feel better informed on what to expect and how to approach it in general.
Kate Haddigan
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Matter of fact account of going sugar free. Made very simple with no jargon.
Does not include any recipes, it's more just a book explaining that it'll be hard but worth it!
A
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read with the right balance between tips, science and humour.
I can certainly understand how I have a sugar addiction and whilst I can't say I'm now completely sugar free, it most definitely makes me think twice about the foods that I eat and where to avoid the hidden sugars. Having read recent news and health reports on this topic in the last week it's a very timely subject.
L.E. Williamson
May 30, 2017
Sara McAuley
May 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sherri Nicholds is an independent author and freelancer. A productivity and efficiency geek, she has spent years making it her mission to study, systematize and improve every area of her life. This in turn led to her becoming a passionate advocate of sugar-free living. She now spends much of her time sharing the tips and tricks she has learnt along the way with others.

Along with writing and person