Start by marking “The Sword of Goliath (The Bloodline Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sword of Goliath (The Bloodline Chronicles, #1)

Read Book

The Sword of Goliath (The Bloodline Chronicles #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
The Sword of Goliath focuses primarily on a man named Jacob (or Jake) Stanton, who is spending his days in San Quentin Penitentiary for a crime he did not commit. Jake was wrongly accused, unfairly tried, and unreasonably sentenced for the murder of his wife, and he’s just lost his final appeal. As Jake begins to mentally prepare for life inside the walls of San Quentin, h ...more
Published September 2nd 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Mischenko
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
To see this review and others please visit www.readrantrockandroll.com

The Sword of Goliath by Anthony Jones is the first installment of The Bloodline Chronicles. It's a fantasy fiction story, which has been drawn from Genesis Chapter 6 in the Bible. I definitely consider it to be faith-based, but I believe the book can be relished by all regardless of their faith.

The main character is Jake Stanton, who is serving time for a crime he didn't commit. Another important character enters the story a
Brian Michels
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let me be clear, Fantasy is not my choice reading material. I’m open minded and have taken a stab at it here and there but I never stay around for much of it. That doesn’t take anything away from the genre. Different strokes for different folks is all. But it’s important as a writer to get out of your comfort zone in order to keep your pencil sharp. So when Anthony Jones and I connected and decided to read and review each other’s book, I was very open to the idea.

The Sword of Goliath is Fantasy.
joyce g
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a book containing great and interesting twists and turns. The search for The Sword of Goliath traverses multi-layered worlds both beautiful and deadly. Thank you author Anthony Jones for the opportunity to read and enjoy your work. On to The Wizard of Nod!
Anthony Jones
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I like the book because I wrote it ~ However, the official onlinebookclub.org review is below

Online Book Club . ORG REVIEW 3 out of 4 STARS

For Christians and non-Christians alike, The Holy Bible is a tome full of mystery, riddles, and speculation. As such, the stories contained therein have spawned an entire genre of fictitious tales seeking to explain the unanswered questions of the Christian holy book. Whether it be the story of creation, the location of the Garden of Eden, the final resting
Stacy
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
https://twogalsandabook.com/ .... see our interview with author Anthony Jones.

I would call this book one of the Christian fantasy genre, but a person does not need to be one of faith to enjoy it. The story is based on Genesis 6, verses 1-6 of the Bible, which says:
" And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God (angels) saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
David R. Dowdy
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Somehow in the past month I’ve read three fantasy novels involving humans, angels, and demons. I’m hardly familiar with the genre, but slowly understanding it.

Here, the author connects with Old Testament stories and brings them forward to today. He uses the powers and tools found in them in modern settings that feature realistic characters and story lines we can identify with.

This story reiterates Biblical lore without being dogmatic or preachy. There’s plenty of scenes involving Christian wors
Monty desai
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you sir Anthony Jones...this book is amazing..thanks for mailing me this book and it's sequel...
WHAT an amazing book...LOOKING FORWARD TO READ MORE FROM YOU.
Pam Mooney
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Captivating!  I loved the tenuous tightrope Jake and Stephen walked between two very different worlds.   As they are both convicts on the verge of escape/escapees and members of the Shaddai on a quest for the Sword of Goliath.  I enjoyed the contrast between the very structured world in San Quinten and the fantastic good vs. evil other world where they are fighting the evil under lord Zoltar.
This author knows the prison system, the bible, and apparently the fantasy worlds we may encounter in oth
Susan Walker
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an unexpected treat. Not the type of book I was expecting. It is set in present day and deals with prisons a the wrongly imprisoned. It is a fast moving a fast moving and will keep the reader interested until the end.
Melissa Rothman
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from it's brilliant author Anthony Jones and I will say I did love this book it's a very different book a little out of my comfort zone but so happy I read it OK so a couple of things I liked 1 I have read a good portion of the Bible so I really liked how Anthony did his research and how accurate some of the book line is with the Bible while still adding his own flare to his book! 2 the complete sense of the good vs evil angles vs the fallen is very fascinating and well writ ...more
Gabriela Contreras
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
First, I would like to thank Anthony Jones for sharing a copy of his book with me, I honestly enjoyed reading it and I'm so happy he chose me.

Anthony Jones’ writing style was easy, wel timed, and without a doubt, unique. Exactly what any novel (fantasy or not) needs.

The Bloodline Chronicles tells the story of the Shaddai and the Grigori, descendants of the Nephilim. I have to admit that I have read books with a Nephilim storyground, but this book makes a complete change to the story.
The Blood
Bridgett Brown
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I loved the character development, the central theme of man's choice between good and evil and especially the action sequences. I did not want to stop reading and would go back to the book at every opportunity. The Sword of Goliath focuses itself primarily on a man named Jake Stanton, who is spending his days in San Quentin Penitentiary for a crime he did not commit. Jake was wrongly accused, unfairly tried, and unreasonably sentenced for the murder of his wife, and he’s just lost his final appe ...more
Gwen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Received a complimentary copy.

It's definitely a faith-based fantasy read. Imaginative for sure. It has a distinctive voice - Not sure how to describe it (maybe a bit parable like); is voice/tone reminded me of a book I read many years back titled God on a Harley (again in voice only, not storyline).

My personal likes would be to have more descriptions of Jakes weapons training. And a bit more fleshed out dialogue between characters.
GABBY LUCAS
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really liked the book. The plot was great and can't wait to read the second one.
Eric
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* New author discovery for me. Book was great fun, had great characters, and a fantastic premise. Really good stuff.

* I received a free copy of the book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Leah Speller
This is a book I thoroughly enjoyed. It is one that stayed with me even when I was not reading it. As a Christian, I did not in any way feel offended in any way, if anything I felt it was plausible.

I for the actual story, with every character with every close call I would find myself gripping my kindle hoping they all made it through and no one was lost. I found With each character brought in, there was a warmth of a lost friend returned to me. (I think that comes from all the Bible study.) And
Michael McLellan
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fascinating story. A fantasy novel hatched from a single bible verse. I have to admit, I’ve never read anything quite like it. With clever narrative and well-constructed characters, The Sword of Goliath takes us from ancient scripture, to modern day San Francisco, to other planes of existence, on a quest for an ancient and powerful artifact; the sword of Goliath.

A grieving and wrongfully convicted man sits in prison, until one day he’s joined by a mysterious cellmate, who awakens him
Kaajal
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I have very mixed feelings about this book.

The language wasn't as smooth as I would have liked, the descriptions a little childish; while the content is not meant for young kids for sure. I'm not Christian, so a lot of references aren't as obvious to me.

BUT, the premise was good and I did enjoy the story; the journey. I admit, I am a little curious about what will happen next and I might just end up reading the next in the series.
Todd Coburn
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Feel the Blood of Immortality Flow as You Walk in the Shoes of One Descended from Angels

Step into the shoes of one falsely accused and convicted as he becomes aware of his true heritage and bloodline, which traces back to the time when angels intermingled with mankind. Walk in his steps as he joins the struggle that he and others of the "good" bloodline engage in against those of the "bad" bloodline as they seek and employ relics of power to aid in their quest. Explore what it would be like to b
Harmen
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if I like the story or not.
Linda
Jan 19, 2018
Joe
Nov 20, 2017
Lucky Bulus
rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2017
Logan Slagle
Mar 03, 2017
Olivia
Jun 01, 2017
Anthony Jones is the author of The Sword of Goliath and The Wizard of Nod, the first two books in a longer tale of "The Bloodline Chronicles Trilogy."

Born September 8, 1963, Jones was raised in northern California and attended Healdsburg High School and Tahoe Truckee High School. Jones was inspired by such books as The Hobbit, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and Hines feet on high places.

Jones grea
More about Anthony Jones

The Bloodline Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Wizard of Nod (The Bloodline Chronicles, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49