Start by marking “When the Storm Breaks” as Want to Read:
When the Storm Breaks

When the Storm Breaks

Claire Scott is at an all-time high in her life. After landing her dream job and marrying her best friend, James, she knows that life can’t get much better. Unfortunately, what should be the happiest time of her life suddenly changes when a traumatic event tears her world apart.

Mason Brady never planned to be a part of Claire’s life. In fact, he avoided her as much as poss

To ask other readers questions about When the Storm Breaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Storm Breaks

Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
When The Storm Breaks

This was a really different read for me. I mainly read contemporary romance but every so often it’s good to step out of the comfort zone.

Claire has just married her sweetheart James and is excited about their future together, everything seems to be falling into place for them and she is the happiest she has ever been. Until everything comes to a crashing halt and their dreams come to a heartbreaking end.

As Claire has to learn to live with the new turn her life has taken, an
Diane plourde
Oct 19, 2016 Diane plourde rated it it was amazing

Wow!!! What a debut this is. I would never have known if I had not seen somewhere that this is her first novel. This is 4.5 star romantic suspense.

Claire is on cloud nine but in a matter of 24 hours she's in hell. She doesn't know how to crawl out of this hell she's living in. Months later, she finally gets to put back pieces of her life back together with the help of Mason, her brother in law. But her troubles are far from over. No one is safe, someone is out to hurt her and her loved ones. W
Samantha Woodhouse
Apr 16, 2017 Samantha Woodhouse rated it it was amazing
I love romantic suspense novels and this is a good one! Right from the beginning it has you hooked not wanting to put it down. I didn't trust Mason for most of the book thinking he was involved more than he was. Overall it was a great read and would definitely recommend. Looking forward to more from Avery Hart!
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
Oct 27, 2016 Cristina Aguado rodriguez rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
El principio es desgarrador. Te hace sufrir junto con Claire toda la tristeza que le queda en el corazón después de algo tan dramático. El resto de la historia me ha enganchado muchísimo. Toda la intriga y el misterio que les rodea. Si que es cierto que me ha resultado un poco confuso, porque no entendía el por qué de tanto peligro, pero se soluciona cuando lo explican todo, aunque si que me hubiera gustado que eso lo hubiera contado de otra manera
Flo Grugel
Nov 19, 2016 Flo Grugel rated it liked it
Got off to a good start certain areas of the story had me wondering if i had accidentally opened another book in my e-reader, I also found the pace a little inconsistent, overall it was a good debut.
Passionately Reckless Book Reviews
This was a good debut novel. Mason and Claire have a very rocky road from the very beginning. It's full of suspense and heartbreak from the very first chapter. You get your heart torn out for her. She doesn't even hardly pull out of the rain before the storm breaks again. I didn't trust Mason until the very end. I just had super creepy suspicion that he wasn't who he really acts like. This is full of twist and turns that have you second guessing who Claire should trust and who is safe to depend ...more
***Cheryl***
Oct 19, 2016 ***Cheryl*** rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
This was a great debt from author Avery Hart. It contains two elements of a story I love - Romance and Suspense.

The story is about Claire who at the start of the story is enjoying married life however after a tragic incident, Claire has to deal heartbreak and try to move on will her life. however she can't help but feel that there is still someone watching her. Mason offers support to Claire at a time when she most needs someone there and he knows he shouldn't have feelings he does. Mason is de
Komal Chandwani
Jan 15, 2017 Komal Chandwani rated it really liked it
When the Storm Breaks by Avery Hart is a novel whose storyline was unexpected, in a good way. As I started reading the book, I was totally into it with "Ooo's" and "Aww's." Claire was recently married to the love of her life, James and the story open with her being on the first day of honeymoon.

The couple was ecstatic as they roamed and goofed around when that horrid, oh lord, that horrid twist in the story showed up where James is shot dead. I really did not see that coming and I think, from a
Book Fancy
Oct 21, 2016 Book Fancy rated it really liked it
An ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

A great debut novel from author Avery Hart!

A heartbreaking beautiful story written in a way that the reader will find it hard to put down. Claire went through the unimaginable. But with Mason's help she is able to find her way out of the dark. Just when she thinks everything is going to be ok, danger is lurking right around the corner.

I love a good romantic suspense that can keep me on my toes. Avery Hart has the reader guessing up until the ver
angela yargus
Dec 21, 2016 angela yargus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Suspense

I rated this a bit lower than I would because the proof reading of this manuscript left many errors which, for me, was a constant distraction.
The story line is really great....kept my mind wanting to come up with many different scenarios...none were what the writer can me up with...which, for my sleuthing mind, was a wonderful surprise!
Will be looking for another book from this author!
Lesley Edwards
Oct 24, 2016 Lesley Edwards rated it really liked it
Great book from new author on the block Avery Hart.
This book grabbed me on the first page and never let me go. It was fast paced and well written, full of suspense and twists and turns you never saw coming.
Loved both Clair and Mason, the chemistry was hot.
Looking forward to reading more from this author. 4*
Elizabeth Schaefer Clark
Dec 03, 2016 Elizabeth Schaefer Clark rated it it was amazing
I so wasn't expecting this book. if you love a good read that on the darker side with a bit of a overprotective man then you want to read this. For Avery's first book, I think it's great. She's now am author to watch for me!
C
Nov 19, 2016 C rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars. This book could've been good. But things took a questionable turn.
Dany Mü
Dany Mü rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2016
Shelby Hanson
Shelby Hanson rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2017
TDCbookreviews
TDCbookreviews rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2017
Michele Blackwelder
May 01, 2017 Michele Blackwelder rated it liked it
Aimara G. González.
Aimara G. González. rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2016
Chantelle-emma Harvey
Chantelle-emma Harvey rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2017
Ceej Chargualaf
Apr 17, 2017 Ceej Chargualaf rated it liked it
When The Storm Breaks is the debut novel for Avery Hart. This was a three and a half star read for me and that’s not a bad thing, especially for a debut novel. Avery Hart tells a good story and provides the feels. I enjoyed it even while part of my brain kept stopping me, but that’s another thing.

The story begins with Claire Scott, a woman who seems to be at an amazing point in her life. She got her dream job and had just married her best friend, James. Then tragedy strikes. As she’s trying to c
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2017
Cindy Spector
Cindy Spector rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2017
Shawnda Lanee Santiago
Shawnda Lanee Santiago rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Leslie Leake
Leslie Leake rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2016
Alexandra B
Apr 25, 2017 Alexandra B rated it it was amazing
“Whatever is happening between us was never supposed to. But, just because it wasn’t supposed to, that doesn’t mean that I don’t want it to.”

5 Stars

When the Storm Breaks is a phenomenal debut from author Avery Hart. Since it is a romantic suspense novel, I’m going to keep my review spoiler-free as I think it’s important for readers to go into it blind.

The POV is through our heroine Claire – a woman who is going from the highest point of her life to finding herself hitting rock bottom. Hart does
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2016
Avery Hart is an avid reader, writer and blogger. She has spent her whole life living in New York but has travelled to many different places while growing up. Now a wife, and a mother to two energetic little boys she spends her days working, playing, reading and writing.

Avery has always been a lover of all types of the arts from reading and writing, to music and drawing (and everything in-between
More about Avery Hart...