Start by marking “Coffee, Tea or Me” as Want to Read:
Coffee, Tea or Me

Coffee, Tea or Me

Susie opens a tea shop next to Jack’s coffee shop and the war begins.

Jack Robbins has a booming coffee business, an eighty-year old customer who can’t keep his clothes on, and a rescue Chihuahua named Chimichanga that likes to kiss on the mouth. Life is good until the new business next door takes a bite out of his sales.

Susie McKenna has the new tea shop everyone is ta
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Coffee, Tea or Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coffee, Tea or Me

Start your review of Coffee, Tea or Me
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

Sometimes life shoves a fistful of something special in your face, Jack. You need to have the balls to snatch the pebble from life's hand, grasshopper..."

I was looking for a quick fun read, and this book delivered. I finished reading this in less than two hours and had quite a laugh throughout.

Jack Robbins couldn't ask for more. He has a booming coffee business, investors who want to turn his shop into a franchise, loyal customers, and a lovin
Cyndi
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
An absolutely adorable romance! Our heroine opens a tea shop next door to our hero’s coffee shop. They have a few cute dust ups but when her brother, the jerk, gets involved the dust ups go from cute to street fights.
Lots of fun and almost too cute. A great read to cheer the heart. 😘
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
A good read

This one was a solid 'it was fine' novel. Not the greatest but not the best one from rich. I'm still intrigued to read more from him!
Kiki
May 19, 2018 marked it as dnf
Me not you!
Jenny
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was just what I needed :) It was light-hearted, funny, and an easy read. Nothing out of this world, but the right amount of humor to bring a smile to my face and I even giggled a few times out loud. Enough romance to get a few "Ah's" and maybe a butterfly or two. All in all I liked it!
Pamela
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to review and it was a superb book. I LOVED it. I would give it more than the 5 stars if I could. Its a great romantic story with a good plot line, chemistry between 2 people and comedy in the mix. A nice clean romance. I couldn't put the book down and read it in half a day. It was good and I have found another new author to love. Sure am looking forward to reading more of his books in the future. Cant wait to find more. :D
Lauren
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, audiobooks
4.5 stars: cute, fun, and wholesome— like a Hallmark movie in book form! Nicely narrated by Greg Tremblay. I thought it might be weird listening to chick-lit written and narrated by a man, but having read others with male-narrated chapters, it really wasn’t strange at all and I felt that it worked in this book. A short and easy listen with some funny moments and characters that kept me chuckling throughout. I’d definitely be interested in reading/listening to others by Rich Amooi.
OhWell
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Not as funny as I thought it was going to be. And I’m not a fan of “tell” instead of “show”. One bonus star as this is a male author writing chick lit - how often do you get to see that?... - and the book is perfectly clean.
Zena
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book has been a wonderfully mood-lightening experience. Rich Amooi has captured the essence of a good and honorable man in Jack and made him into a romantic and caring person. As I do believe that there are men of is calibre on this planet (one just has to look real hard sometimes to find them) this story was rather special to me.
In Susie we have an ambitious, clever and hardworking young lady who falls in love, has her dream crushed and her knight in shine armour takes over and sav
Paula D
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jack Robbins owns his own coffee shop and his cute Chimichanga. Jack practically lives coffee and if his sales keep going up Jack will be a chain store. One day a Tea store opens up next door Jack starts freaking out cause of competition that the store will bring. Until he meets the owner Susie she's beautiful and Jack starts thinking about asking her out. Funny story and little romance added to it! I loved the character Harvey he made me laugh out loud! A must read for all those who love funny, ...more
Lynn Geth
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Everyone has their own opinion but I really can't understand the 5 star reviews. The characters, although owning their own businesses, acted like 12 year old children. Funny at times, especially Harvey the supposed hypochondriac but all in all, a rather insipid read.
Lourdes
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 *s Cute cover, cute story.
Saarah Niña
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and Brilliant

This was an uplifting, hilariously motivational, cheesy romantic novel. I don't know how Rich does it, but he has a knack for creating endearing characters. The storyline reminded me of You've got Mail (1998), starring Meg Ryan. Though this was different in its own way: Susie is opening a tea shop in Mountain View, and next door is Jack's Coffee Cafe. As you can expect, there is a lot of competition, and resentment, and things are getting quite heated, quite rapidly....B
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance

Favorite Quote: “You don’t know if you’re going to be here tomorrow or the day after. Neither do I. Ask her out.” “What if she says no?” “There’s something a thousand times more painful than her telling you no.” “What’s that?” “Regret…”

This book was cutesy. But I felt it lacked a lot of depth. A lot. The potential was there, but the follow through was pretty non-existent. I was pretty disappointed with the romance portion. It was pretty flat and one dimens
Kathryn Class
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
It read like a predictable, cheesy, hallmark movie. Sometimes that's good enough. It's not an amazing book but it's not terrible. It takes place in Mountain View, CA. That was fun since I'm very familiar with that town, and oddly enough, the audiobook was recorded in Dryden, NY, which is where I lived for 2 years. (I almost want to give it an extra star for those weird coincidences, but I won't.)
✨ Gramy ✨
Aug 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-completed
I found the two leading male characters childish and annoying, while their jealousy of each other caused them to try to out do one another.

It was ridiculous! My choice of adventure and escape are not aligned with this book at all. I found no humor in squabbling. What was the point?

Finally I closed the book and chose a more interesting book to read.
Cary
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have been sick so I have had a hard time reading like I usually do but although this was a cute plot with sweet sympathetic characters the whole thing was just not enough to suck me in!
Deborah J Miles
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A big fan of Amooi's writing, I picked Coffee,Tea or Me to read whilst on holiday last week. I found it easy to get into, and enjoyed getting to know the two main characters, Jack Robbins and Susie McKenna.

The story is about the opening of a new tea shop next to an established coffee shop. Jack owns the coffee shop and is intrigued by the new business, and then becomes slightly concerned by the competition. Susie tells him that they are catering for two different markets; him for coffee drinkers
Yvonne
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I wanted to read a pure escapism, rom-com story that I knew would leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling and a smirk on my face, the author that sprang to mind was Rich Amooi. I have read a couple of his books and have thoroughly enjoyed them.

Coffee, Tea or Me is certainly a tale that has all the right elements that make up a light-hearted, fun and quick read. The opening of a Tea shop next door to a Coffee shop definitely sets the proverbial cat among the pigeons. Coffee shop owner Jack is a l
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
A new day and another new Rich Amooi book and another one I devoured and another one with a predominantly male point of view!

I am loving all the romance books at the moment, I mean I will go back to my darker side soon, but I am loving the HEA and the drama! With this book, one sentence caught me and I was waiting for nearly 80% for the drama to unfold. I just knew what was going to happen, I foretold it but I knew the hero would save the day….even if it was his fault!

This time our main characte
Lacy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
This book is a cute romantic comedy told from the perspectives of the two main characters, Jack and Susie. Jack owns a well-off coffee shop that will possibly become a set of chain stores if his sales remain steady. Then, Susie opens a business next door that makes Jack feel threatened, and they each try new marketing tips to attract business. Of course, there’s some mishaps, misunderstandings, and love connections.

This book was a quick, easy read. There weren’t any deep themes or hidden meanin
Sandra Lopez
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack had the most successful coffee shop in Northern California...until Susie's tea shop moved next door. Tea and coffee were two different beasts, so they couldn't possibly compete...could they?

Susie's opening day turned Jack's place into a ghost town. That was just unacceptable to him. So what if she was attractive and had the best scones he'd ever tasted. He couldn't very well allow her to ruin his business as well as his opportunity to franchise. The first thing he does is report her electr
Annette
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
THIS WAS LIKE EATING A TWINKIE - I LOVE TWINKIES - BUT NOT ENOUGH SUBSTANCE FOR ME

Jack owns a coffee shop that is so popular, investors want to take him and his business national. Big bucks ahead.
Susie is opening a tea and scone shop right next door to Jack. She and her brother, Kenneth, are excited partners who hope to be a big success.
Susie is cute, Jack is interested. Kenneth belittles Jack every chance he gets. Susie and Jack spar when they are together.
OK, it is just me, I am certain.
But,
Erika
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty good

This wasn’t a bad little book if you’re looking for something extremely light with little plot .
The beginning was cute but it got boring around the middle. It was full of cliches and a lot of “telling” not “showing”. The characters had little depth and as others mentioned, they acted like teenagers! That being said, it was an ok read. While not as good as some other chick lit books I’ve read, The idea of the rivalry between the coffee shop and the tea shop owners was a good one. I jus
Daniell Marsh
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute, fun read. I was recommended this book for a challenge I was in. I haven't read this author before but am glad I did. One think I love in a book is humor and this author had it mixed in most of the story. I only had a chance to read a couple pages then had to put aside till the next day. When I was able to pick it back up I just flew through it. When you have humor, dogs, and romance thrown in makes for a good afternoon read. I would and have recommended this book for a fun read.
anita
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
i mean, the story had a little potential to be good. or at least a fun quick read.
but i got a book full of unrealistic dialogues, written for almost 30-year-old people as if they were actually 14-year-old. with so many loose ends that were just begging to be explored, not just mentioned and then swiped under the carpet.
yes, i laughed a little. but it was more often a nervous, secondhand embarrassment laugh.
if you have anything more interesting on your TBR, go read that other book.
if you have
doris
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amooi/coffee, tea, or me

Loved the characters of Jack and susie, her brother Kenneth and the elder Harvey known as Harvey Harvey marvy a retired radio host and Jack's dog chimmi, the chiuaua
and Harvey dog penzance,the labradoodle. This story surrounds two business the coffee shop and the tea shop where Jack thinks is competition with Susie tea shop, and that's when the story takes on an entertaining outcome.

Y
Angie Hackett
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

I really enjoyed this book. It was light, easy and fun to read.

I liked Jack and Susie, they both were interesting and had depth whilst still having fun and playful natures. The extra cast were interesting and enjoyable.

This was well written and interesting. It was light and fun, sometimes this a great thing in a book.

Fantastic read and I loved it. I’m glad I gave into my curiosity about this book. Highly recommend.
Sheryl
Very cute. Very light. Moments of very funny, particularly with secondary characters Kenneth and Todd. I did laugh out loud a few times. Nothing earth shattering or unique here but an enjoyable way to spend a few hours. I don’t think I’ve ever read a romance/chick-lit written by a male author and told mostly from the man’s perspective, so this was a nice change of pace in that regard. Nicely narrated on audio by Greg Tremblay. I will probably try more books by this author.
Miss A
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Loved it! A real feel good romance. Jack sounds gorgeous, Susie is the hard working baker, there's a little stumble but it all works out. Pretty prosaic story line and somewhat obvious outcome but well written, loved the additional characters of Harvey and Aggie!

A pleasant way to disconnect for a few hours but don't expect too much in the way of suspense or surprises.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• My Great Ex-Scape
  • The Plus One Pact
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • #No Filter
  • MultiDate
  • Three Last First Dates (Cozy Cottage Café, #3)
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay #1)
  • Not Quite Sheer Happiness (Event to Remember, #3)
  • 1997 (90s Flashback, #2)
  • Aunt Daisy's Letter
  • 1996 (90s Flashback, #1)
  • Suddenly Susan (Susan Wade Saga, #1)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay #2)
  • Honeymoon For One
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
Rich Amooi is the Amazon #1 Bestselling author of 15 romantic comedies, including It's Not PMS, It's You, Dying to Meet You, There's Something About a Cowboy, and Madam Love, Actually. Over 500,000 downloads from readers around the world.

A former radio personality and wedding DJ, Rich now writes romantic comedies full-time in San Diego, California, and is happily married to a kiss monster imported

News & Interviews

“She thought there was something between them, but she was obviously wrong.” 0 likes
“scones.” “Me, too!” said her male companion. “We’ll have to come back when they” 0 likes