Start by marking “Coffee, Tea or Me” as Want to Read:
Coffee, Tea or Me

Coffee, Tea or Me

Susie opens a tea shop next to Jack’s coffee shop and the war begins.

Jack Robbins has a booming coffee business, an eighty-year old customer who can’t keep his clothes on, and a rescue Chihuahua named Chimichanga that likes to kiss on the mouth. Life is good until the new business next door takes a bite out of his sales.

Susie McKenna has the new tea shop everyone is talk
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Coffee, Tea or Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coffee, Tea or Me

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

Sometimes life shoves a fistful of something special in your face, Jack. You need to have the balls to snatch the pebble from life's hand, grasshopper..."

I was looking for a quick fun read, and this book delivered. I finished reading this in less than two hours and had quite a laugh throughout.

Jack Robbins couldn't ask for more. He has a booming coffee business, investors who want to turn his shop into a franchise, loyal customers, and a loving pet dog.
Pamela
Oct 05, 2016 Pamela rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to review and it was a superb book. I LOVED it. I would give it more than the 5 stars if I could. Its a great romantic story with a good plot line, chemistry between 2 people and comedy in the mix. A nice clean romance. I couldn't put the book down and read it in half a day. It was good and I have found another new author to love. Sure am looking forward to reading more of his books in the future. Cant wait to find more. :D
Paula D
Sep 24, 2016 Paula D rated it it was amazing
Jack Robbins owns his own coffee shop and his cute Chimichanga. Jack practically lives coffee and if his sales keep going up Jack will be a chain store. One day a Tea store opens up next door Jack starts freaking out cause of competition that the store will bring. Until he meets the owner Susie she's beautiful and Jack starts thinking about asking her out. Funny story and little romance added to it! I loved the character Harvey he made me laugh out loud! A must read for all those who love funny, ...more
Zena
Sep 23, 2016 Zena rated it it was amazing
Reading this book has been a wonderfully mood-lightening experience. Rich Amooi has captured the essence of a good and honorable man in Jack and made him into a romantic and caring person. As I do believe that there are men of is calibre on this planet (one just has to look real hard sometimes to find them) this story was rather special to me.
In Susie we have an ambitious, clever and hardworking young lady who falls in love, has her dream crushed and her knight in shine armour takes over and sav
Saarah N
Sep 25, 2016 Saarah N rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and Brilliant

This was an uplifting, hilariously motivational, cheesy romantic novel. I don't know how Rich does it, but he has a knack for creating endearing characters. The storyline reminded me of You've got Mail (1998), starring Meg Ryan. Though this was different in its own way: Susie is opening a tea shop in Mountain View, and next door is Jack's Coffee Cafe. As you can expect, there is a lot of competition, and resentment, and things are getting quite heated, quite rapidly....B
Audio Audits
Nov 17, 2016 Audio Audits rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s Official! Anytime I need a pick me up, forget about Xanax, I’m listening to a Rich Amooi novel, his stories never fail to put a smile on my face. This light-hearted rom-com is just what the doctor ordered.

Susie McKenna is the queen of scones and she opens her quaint little tea shop right next door to Jack Robbins coffee house! Her timing couldn’t be any worse, at least not from where Jack’s standing, he’s close to sealing a deal to take his coffee house brand to the next level, but falling
Kathryn Class
Dec 06, 2016 Kathryn Class rated it liked it
It read like a predictable, cheesy, hallmark movie. Sometimes that's good enough. It's not an amazing book but it's not terrible. It takes place in Mountain View, CA. That was fun since I'm very familiar with that town, and oddly enough, the audiobook was recorded in Dryden, NY, which is where I lived for 2 years. (I almost want to give it an extra star for those weird coincidences, but I won't.)
Catherine Furfaro
Dec 19, 2016 Catherine Furfaro rated it it was ok
I wasn't a big fan of this book. I know it's supposed to be cute and cheesy, but it got to a point where I either face palmed or eye rolled one too many times.

description

Everything was sunshine and lollipops, and I know we need positive books in our life, but this was too much.
Sorry, it just wasn't for me.
Paula Bothwell
Jan 09, 2017 Paula Bothwell rated it really liked it
Coffee, Tea, or Me - PG (language, otherwise G)
Violence: fisticuffs
Language: <35 swears
Sex: innuendo, a few kisses

Fun, light and breezy rom/com. Quick read. No huge conflict. A perfect romance snack!
Babs
Dec 06, 2016 Babs rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A great read between two coffee and tea shops that will have you laughing and scratching your head about these characters in a great way. Jack and Susie don't need to compete but Jack is a stubborn yet funny and caring man. Can these two come together and work things out? A great read.
Heather
Jan 05, 2017 Heather rated it really liked it
Coffee, Tea or Me is a quick read that is predictable, yet fun. The title drives me a bit nuts with the lack of Oxford comma (I’m a big fan of the Oxford comma). I recommend this book to anyone wanting an easy mind vacation beach read.
Kim
Dec 29, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Sweet and Short

Just like the title reads, this story was short and incredibly sweet! Jack and Susie feel approachable. The rest of the story and characters help the book flow to a satisfying conclusion.
sheila
Nov 27, 2016 sheila rated it really liked it
Cute

It's a funny, short read. Clean and younger readers might like it. A little competition never hurt and Chihuahua adds to it.
Jodie
Jan 02, 2017 Jodie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-a-week
an very predictable story but enjoyable. I really liked having the two pov and thought it very well done both pov always moving the story along. i would happily read more from Rich Amooi.
Paige Babb
A cute little read. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It's very clean so would be a good pick for younger romance novel readers.
Cary
Jan 09, 2017 Cary rated it it was ok
I have been sick so I have had a hard time reading like I usually do but although this was a cute plot with sweet sympathetic characters the whole thing was just not enough to suck me in!
Jessica
Jan 08, 2017 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and cute book to read. I really enjoyed reading this and after introducing Susie, I had to make Tea and Scones lol.
Arlene
Oct 21, 2016 Arlene rated it it was amazing
Funny and lighthearted at its core, this book delivers all the feels. Loved sweet Susie and her brother, and I want to know where I can find my very own guy like Jack. Sure, he has flaws--but at his core, he's a good man.
Pandora
Dec 10, 2016 Pandora rated it it was ok
I've been in a beach read kind of mood. This was another cute easy read.
Carol
Dec 07, 2016 Carol rated it liked it
Cute story, but 200 page books are just too short for me.
Lindsey
Nov 24, 2016 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Light hearted, feel good read. Yep enjoyed that
Chantel Tosh
Oct 19, 2016 Chantel Tosh rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable

A joy to read. Kept me laughing and sometime more emotional! Definitely a must read. Love Romantic comedy and this is at its finest.
Ash P Reads
Oct 08, 2016 Ash P Reads rated it really liked it
This is a hilariously yummy book, I kept switching between tea and coffee and craving scones which are very uncommon where I come from, plus when you lead a low-carb lifestyle... Mr. Amooi that part was just not fair. Harvey is a hoot! The open mic disaster with the I'm too sexy dance was too much. And Jack and Kenneth's bromance woohoo. As always Rich Amooi's book never fail to entertain. Can't wait till this one is in audiobook format so I can gift it to my mom.

I voluntarily reviewed a free co
Adriana
Dec 31, 2016 Adriana rated it really liked it
Jack Robbins has a plan. Investors are looking at his coffee shop as the next Starbucks in America and he can't wait to take them on. Too bad the new business next door is everything his coffee place isn't. Susie McKenna's tea shop is the new talk of the town. With a winning scone recipe and a tea that has even coffee lovers moaning out loud, she has a real shot at making it. That is if her overbearing brother can keep his temper in check and her nosy neighbor stops trying to sabotage her busine ...more
Nancy Silk
Jan 02, 2017 Nancy Silk rated it it was amazing
"Very Entertaining, I Loved It"

This is a feel-good story about Susie McKenna who opens a tea shop next to Jack Robbins coffee shop in Mountain View, California. They become quite competitive. Jack has a rescue Chihuahua called Chimichanga, where Susie has an over-protective brother. Things start boiling when they both volunteer to help plan the downtown festival. A fun story to read. It's well written and will definitely put a smile on your face as you read. Enjoy it!
Pinkpigg33
Jan 10, 2017 Pinkpigg33 rated it really liked it
Sweet and short

Fun clean romance, quick read. Takes place in mountain view, California between a rivaling coffee and tea owners. Predictable and fun.
Gina Smith
Sep 28, 2016 Gina Smith rated it it was amazing
Jack is on the verge of pitching his plan to expanding his coffee shop into a chain, to investors. He hopes to partner with his manager Todd in the venture. Todd is alarmed to see a tea and scone place opening in the storefront next door. Jack however does not feel as if they are direct competition and that there is room for everyone. But when Susie's shop opens and she runs promotions it starts to effect Jack's store's bottom line. It is time to get creative. Jack and Susie, who are attracted t ...more
Kathrin Spinnler
Sep 25, 2016 Kathrin Spinnler rated it it was amazing
When Suzie opens a brand-new tea shop next to Jack's Coffee Cafe, both of their business partners are uneasy about the competition. But Jack and Suzie get along great - in fact, they start to fall in love. Everyone is preparing for the large community festival, the perfect opportunity to promote Suzie's budding business. But then, Jack makes a fatal mistake. Only by sacrificing the expansion of his own Cafe can there be any hope of saving hers, and possibly their relationship.

I always enjoy Ric
Ruth
Sep 24, 2016 Ruth rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book by Rich Amooi. Instead of the cliched plot used by so many authors where the couple meets and has a one-night stand, Jack and Susie meet when they have businesses next to each other. Initially competitive, they soon realize their mutual attraction. While some circumstances are far-fetched, the story is meant to be entertaining and fun. Do yourself a favor and try one of this author's books. Have a cup of tea, a scone, and prepare to smile for a while.
An advance copy of this b
Jen
Sep 27, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing
Hilarious

Rich has a fantastic ability to bring out so many things in his stories. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and you can't beat a coffee bean and a scone duking it out. Lol
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Quirky Romantic Comedies from a Guy's Perspective.

Rich Amooi is a former Silicon Valley radio personality and wedding DJ who now writes romantic comedies full-time. He is happily married to a kiss monster imported from Spain. Rich believes in public displays of affection, silliness, infinite possibilities, donuts, gratitude, laughter, and happily ever after.

JOIN RICH’S MAILING LIST
Get updates on
More about Rich Amooi...

“She thought there was something between them, but she was obviously wrong.” 0 likes
“scones.” “Me, too!” said her male companion. “We’ll have to come back when they” 0 likes