Start by marking “Coffee, Tea or Me” as Want to Read:
Coffee, Tea or Me

Coffee, Tea or Me

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  541 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Susie opens a tea shop next to Jack’s coffee shop and the war begins.

Jack Robbins has a booming coffee business, an eighty-year old customer who can’t keep his clothes on, and a rescue Chihuahua named Chimichanga that likes to kiss on the mouth. Life is good until the new business next door takes a bite out of his sales.

Susie McKenna has the new tea shop everyone is talk
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Coffee, Tea or Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coffee, Tea or Me

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

Sometimes life shoves a fistful of something special in your face, Jack. You need to have the balls to snatch the pebble from life's hand, grasshopper..."

I was looking for a quick fun read, and this book delivered. I finished reading this in less than two hours and had quite a laugh throughout.

Jack Robbins couldn't ask for more. He has a booming coffee business, investors who want to turn his shop into a franchise, loyal customers, and a loving pet dog.
Cyndi
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
An absolutely adorable romance! Our heroine opens a tea shop next door to our hero’s coffee shop. They have a few cute dust ups but when her brother, the jerk, gets involved the dust ups go from cute to street fights.
Lots of fun and almost too cute. A great read to cheer the heart. 😘
Kiki
May 19, 2018 marked it as dnf
Me not you!
Pamela Morton
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to review and it was a superb book. I LOVED it. I would give it more than the 5 stars if I could. Its a great romantic story with a good plot line, chemistry between 2 people and comedy in the mix. A nice clean romance. I couldn't put the book down and read it in half a day. It was good and I have found another new author to love. Sure am looking forward to reading more of his books in the future. Cant wait to find more. :D
OhWell
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Not as funny as I thought it was going to be. And I’m not a fan of “tell” instead of “show”. One bonus star as this is a male author writing chick lit - how often do you get to see that?... - and the book is perfectly clean.
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance

Favorite Quote: “You don’t know if you’re going to be here tomorrow or the day after. Neither do I. Ask her out.” “What if she says no?” “There’s something a thousand times more painful than her telling you no.” “What’s that?” “Regret…”

This book was cutesy. But I felt it lacked a lot of depth. A lot. The potential was there, but the follow through was pretty non-existent. I was pretty disappointed with the romance portion. It was pretty flat and one dimens
Zena
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book has been a wonderfully mood-lightening experience. Rich Amooi has captured the essence of a good and honorable man in Jack and made him into a romantic and caring person. As I do believe that there are men of is calibre on this planet (one just has to look real hard sometimes to find them) this story was rather special to me.
In Susie we have an ambitious, clever and hardworking young lady who falls in love, has her dream crushed and her knight in shine armour takes over and sav
Paula D
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jack Robbins owns his own coffee shop and his cute Chimichanga. Jack practically lives coffee and if his sales keep going up Jack will be a chain store. One day a Tea store opens up next door Jack starts freaking out cause of competition that the store will bring. Until he meets the owner Susie she's beautiful and Jack starts thinking about asking her out. Funny story and little romance added to it! I loved the character Harvey he made me laugh out loud! A must read for all those who love funny, ...more
Lynn Geth
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Everyone has their own opinion but I really can't understand the 5 star reviews. The characters, although owning their own businesses, acted like 12 year old children. Funny at times, especially Harvey the supposed hypochondriac but all in all, a rather insipid read.
Saarah Niña
Hilarious and Brilliant

This was an uplifting, hilariously motivational, cheesy romantic novel. I don't know how Rich does it, but he has a knack for creating endearing characters. The storyline reminded me of You've got Mail (1998), starring Meg Ryan. Though this was different in its own way: Susie is opening a tea shop in Mountain View, and next door is Jack's Coffee Cafe. As you can expect, there is a lot of competition, and resentment, and things are getting quite heated, quite rapidly....B
Karen Hubbard
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This looked like a cute, quick read. It was quick, but I really didn't like the main couple. The author had them in their own heads for a lot of the book, and their thoughts were ....teenager-ish. These two people own their own businesses and the thoughts going through their heads..."does she like me" or "should I call him or let him call me"...wimpy is what came to mind. Yeah, won't be reading this again...I can barely remember it after having read it once.
Kathryn Class
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
It read like a predictable, cheesy, hallmark movie. Sometimes that's good enough. It's not an amazing book but it's not terrible. It takes place in Mountain View, CA. That was fun since I'm very familiar with that town, and oddly enough, the audiobook was recorded in Dryden, NY, which is where I lived for 2 years. (I almost want to give it an extra star for those weird coincidences, but I won't.)
Cary
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have been sick so I have had a hard time reading like I usually do but although this was a cute plot with sweet sympathetic characters the whole thing was just not enough to suck me in!
Annette
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
THIS WAS LIKE EATING A TWINKIE - I LOVE TWINKIES - BUT NOT ENOUGH SUBSTANCE FOR ME

Jack owns a coffee shop that is so popular, investors want to take him and his business national. Big bucks ahead.
Susie is opening a tea and scone shop right next door to Jack. She and her brother, Kenneth, are excited partners who hope to be a big success.
Susie is cute, Jack is interested. Kenneth belittles Jack every chance he gets. Susie and Jack spar when they are together.
OK, it is just me, I am certain.
But,
Babs
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A great read between two coffee and tea shops that will have you laughing and scratching your head about these characters in a great way. Jack and Susie don't need to compete but Jack is a stubborn yet funny and caring man. Can these two come together and work things out? A great read.
Heather
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coffee, Tea or Me is a quick read that is predictable, yet fun. The title drives me a bit nuts with the lack of Oxford comma (I’m a big fan of the Oxford comma). I recommend this book to anyone wanting an easy mind vacation beach read.
Kim
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet and Short

Just like the title reads, this story was short and incredibly sweet! Jack and Susie feel approachable. The rest of the story and characters help the book flow to a satisfying conclusion.
Regina
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute and easy read, no major drama (at least none that can't be resolved quickly). I liked both Jack and Susie and their supporting cast, not least of all Kenneth, Harvey and Chimi... :D
A sweet, clean feel-good story. :)
Bonnie Moore
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coffee Tea or Me

I found this book to be a nice afternoon read. It's about how love wins out over conflicts. Enjoyed this new author
Cassey
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A quick and funny read.
Sherry
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a free Bookbub selection. The story was complete yet had predictable elements.
Sandy Samuel
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun!

I love Rich Amooi's books! Always full of fun and humor! This author definitely understands the phrase "romantic comedy!" Enjoy!
Sabi
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Fluffy and sweet like cotton candy. The story - predictable. The plot - forgettable. Easy read for killing some time. Already forgot about it, LOL
Mary Stockwell
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

I love every book I have read by this author. This one is great. He always writes with humor. His books are fun and entertaining. The audio version is great also.
Erin
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I surprisingly liked this more than I thought. I'm usually not as into contemporary romance, usually because there is sex and I just don't need that in my books. But this book was clean, which was so refreshing!

It was a quick read. And conflict was there, but not too drawn out, I don't think. It wasn't a really dumb, complete misunderstanding either. I liked how the author made it all work out.

I think I'll look into reading more from this author. Which is another surprise because I haven't read
Gramy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-completed
I found the two leading male characters childish and annoying, while their jealousy of each other caused them to try to out do one another.

It was ridiculous! My choice of adventure and escape are not aligned with this book at all. I found no humor in squabbling. What was the point?

Finally I closed the book and chose a more interesting book to read.
Nancy Silk
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Very Entertaining, I Loved It"

This is a feel-good story about Susie McKenna who opens a tea shop next to Jack Robbins coffee shop in Mountain View, California. They become quite competitive. Jack has a rescue Chihuahua called Chimichanga, where Susie has an over-protective brother. Things start boiling when they both volunteer to help plan the downtown festival. A fun story to read. It's well written and will definitely put a smile on your face as you read. Enjoy it!
Kathrin Spinnler
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Suzie opens a brand-new tea shop next to Jack's Coffee Cafe, both of their business partners are uneasy about the competition. But Jack and Suzie get along great - in fact, they start to fall in love. Everyone is preparing for the large community festival, the perfect opportunity to promote Suzie's budding business. But then, Jack makes a fatal mistake. Only by sacrificing the expansion of his own Cafe can there be any hope of saving hers, and possibly their relationship.

I always enjoy Ric
Jessica
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and cute book to read. I really enjoyed reading this and after introducing Susie, I had to make Tea and Scones lol.
Jen
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious

Rich has a fantastic ability to bring out so many things in his stories. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and you can't beat a coffee bean and a scone duking it out. Lol
Quirky Romantic Comedies from a Guy's Perspective.

Rich Amooi is a former Silicon Valley radio personality and wedding DJ who now writes romantic comedies full-time. He is happily married to a kiss monster imported from Spain. Rich believes in public displays of affection, silliness, infinite possibilities, donuts, gratitude, laughter, and happily ever after.

JOIN RICH’S MAILING LIST
Get updates on
More about Rich Amooi

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“She thought there was something between them, but she was obviously wrong.” 0 likes
“scones.” “Me, too!” said her male companion. “We’ll have to come back when they” 0 likes