Start by marking “Clingstone” as Want to Read:
Clingstone

Clingstone

What if you were counted among hundreds of civilians wrongly charged with treason?

Creighton Branagan is one of the few men still residing in the mill village of Roswell, Georgia, at the closing stages of the American Civil War. His deafness excludes him from military service and condemns him as an outcast.

Mae Parrish’s dissatisfaction extends to a life of too much work a

To ask other readers questions about Clingstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clingstone

Regan Walker
Wonderful Love Story Set in Post Civil War America

The story begins as the Civil War is winding down. Mae Parrish works in a mill along with many other women in village of Roswell, Georgia—and one man, Creighton Branagan, who was not conscripted because he is deaf. Everyone assumes he is stupid, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Creighton, a handsome man, has been judged wrongly for his handicap but he is a smart man and protects his young nephew against all who would harm him.

When the
Christina Oswald
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mae, having lost her brother who took care of her, is working at a mill in Georgia during the Civil War. Creighton moved to town to take care of his sister's son after she died. He also works at the mill, but is deaf. One day Mae and her friend play a joke on Creighton that doesn't go as planned. She sees a bit more of Creighton than she plans on. Unable to quit thinking about hum, she seeks him out at work. One day, the Yankees come and take over the mill. All the mill workers are arrested for ...more
JoAnne
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clingstone was very difficult for me to get into at first. I didn't like Mae's friends and didn't understand how she could be around them and the plot was plodding along. As the story progressed, I became engrossed and didn't want to put the book down.

The characters of Mae, Creighton and even his nephew Owen had a depth to them that I didn't expect. They each tended to say things they didn't mean to cover up their feelings or their hurt. When they were a threesome they were formidable but when M
Kayla
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-received
Lovers of historical romance will adore Clingstone.

It took me a few chapters to really fall into the story. The beginning dialect did give me a bit of trouble (dang Coralie and her trash talk), but it smoothed out rather quickly. Once I was hooked, that was it. I couldn't possibly get enough of this book.

Marti Ziegler's writing was brilliant and she brought the story to life right before my very eyes. I fell in love with both the story and the characters.

I thoroughly enjoyed Clingstone and look
LovelyGirl
Karin
Jan 25, 2019
Melissa
Feb 13, 2019
Marti lives in central Illinois surrounded by cornfields and wind turbines. After spending nearly twenty years banging her head against a wall trying to get her books traditionally published, she came to her senses at long last and self-published her first historical romance novel Clingstone in 2016. Clingstone went on to win the historical category in the 2017 I Heart Indie Contest. The goose egg ...more