Start by marking “Strawberry Cheesecake Murder (St. Augustine Culinary Cozy Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Strawberry Cheesecake Murder (St. Augustine Culinary Cozy Mystery #1)

Strawberry Cheesecake Murder (St. Augustine Culinary Cozy Mystery #1)

Jewell Deen, owner of the bake shop and crime museum Just Desserts in St. Augustine, Florida, flies to New York City to visit her nephew Barry and start her press tour for her first mystery cookbook.

What Jewell Deen didn’t expect was becoming involved in solving the double murder of a costume party guest held at her publisher Macgregor James’ estate and sea Captain Wayne
Published September 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Strawberry Cheesecake Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strawberry Cheesecake Murder

R Hammann
Oct 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
I liked the way the book was written but saw the first episode of Murder She Wrote the entire time I was reading it. Which is a shame. I would not recommend this to any of my friends.
Margaret Osburn
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amber Cabrera's book, Strawberry Cheesecake Murder, was delicious. I enjoyed every page of this book. It started off with a "What" and ended with a " Oh, no". It definitely held my attention, through out the book, until the very last page.
This well crafted, light-hearted, easy, clean read, with a few twists and turns, some what funny, one hour read, is well worth the time you put into reading it.
I found the main character, Jewell Dean Solano ( owner and operator of " Just Dessert's" St. August
Liza
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
The murder mystery was ok. The lead character owns and runs a bakery in a small town but writes a murder mystery. She goes to New York to promote her book. Someone is found dead the morning after a costume party. Where was everyone at the time and why would they kill the victim?
The style of the book annoyed me - a couple of chapters story and then a recipe, more story and then another recipe. I just flicked over those pages. I wanted the story, not the cookbook.
I got the impression that the boo
Cheryl
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in the series and the first time reading this author. The main character is Jewell Deen who owns a bakery that has a little museum dealing with murder mysteries. She writes a little mystery book and throws recipes in between chapters and it becomes so popular that she has to go to New York to do some interviews and book signings. She manages to get caught up in a real murder and does her best to help the police arrest the right guy.
It is a page turner and I can't wait to see w
Vicki
Nov 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish this book due to the incessant switching from first to third person POV. When there were two or more people involved in the scene it got extremely confusing. Once I got 25-30 percent into the book it didn't matter because....

This book is a copy, with a few simple changes, of a Murder She Wrote episode. It was hardly disguised at all. What a disappointment.

A few nice recipes,though. Not that that excuses stealing the plot.
Merry Chapman
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lighthearted and Fun read

I enjoyed the book and loved the recipes. It was a lighthearted easy read. A great first story in a potential fun cozy mystery series. I liked the characters and await their further development. There were fun twists and turns and loved how solicitous Jewell's nephew was and see a few more plots that could unfold when he and his fiance decide to visit St. Augustine. I love how humble and shy Jewell is and can see her develop with a little more confidence in future books
Shannon
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Here are my Happily Ever After Novel Thoughts...

The recipes in this book took it from three stars to four. Multiple POVs bouncing around with no clarity as to whose head you're in. The time line jumps as well. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out who was thinking what and how much time has passed. Also, some of the details didn't line up.

The story has great potential. The book was a quick read. I read it in a couple of hours. A nice, clean story with a little intrigue. It is a perfect coz
Peggy
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love a good cozy mystery! And this one has topped the list! This book had me laughing at times that probably wasn't a laughing moment... It's a fun read but yet will have you turning the pages faster than you realize! This is a book that you don't want to miss!
Sandy Bartles
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story. The book reminded me so much of an episode of an old mystery series I still enjoy in reruns that I wasn't surprised at the outcome. I hope the next book is more of a surprise.
Pam Anders