Start by marking “Buddha Heart, Buddha Mind: Living the Four Noble Truths” as Want to Read:
Buddha Heart, Buddha Mind: Living the Four Noble Truths

Buddha Heart, Buddha Mind: Living the Four Noble Truths

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This book is a collection of passages from lectures by the Dalai Lama. The teacher who speaks here is not the Buddhist philosopher, nor the head of state of the Tibetan people, but the spiritual friend, the one with a sharp, compassionate, and humorous understanding of the human condition. The Dalai Lama answers our concerns about the source of our anxieties, our limitatio ...more
Published November 1st 2000 by The Crossroad Publishing Company (first published May 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Buddha Heart, Buddha Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddha Heart, Buddha Mind

Tim Weakley
A series of lectures, delivered in France, by the Dalai Lama along with questions an answer after every chapter. It was translated from the French. This was a difficult read for me. The dialogue here is much higher level than I am used to from previous reading. I'm not sure if it was the topics, or how they were translated but a bit of it was completely lost on me. What I did follow was great discussion. Mixed results.
hissi
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
perfect realization..

if things are as they appear
it is unnecessary to analyze them

if something is as it appears to be, meaning that its true self and its appearance are alined, then it does not require an interpretation. it is the truth.
how we perceive this truth though matters, we objectify our objective.
we view it as something beautiful and approach
or something horrid and retreat..
once we do that, once we analyze what we saw, it is no longer the original thing that has been viewed.. it is no l
Jim Parker
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is a series of lectures followed by question and answer sessions by the Dali Lama. I gave it a four instead of five because much of the material is covered in other books he has published.

The most interesting parts of the book were on what would most properly be called Buddhist philosophy. HH even goes as far as to compare and contrast the points of view of the four schools of Tibetan Buddhism. Some of the book is about some of the Buddhist beliefs that are more based upon faith than u
David Light
Jun 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
I have no idea what the author is saying. I am a newcomer to the idea of buddhism, so if you're not well versed in the teachings of buddhism you will be confounded by this book.
Amal
Sep 09, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ennuyeux
Demi Black Cre8tive Dreamz
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Thank you Thomas for bringing this into my life....
Holly
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my first introduction to Buddhism. I need to read it again because there's so much information.
Louie
Mar 29, 2018
Bradester
Jun 20, 2009
Laura Crosby
rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2014
Megan Kendel
Oct 28, 2015
Jessica Cross
Oct 15, 2017
Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso (born Lhamo Döndrub), the 14th Dalai Lama, is a practicing member of the Gelug School of Tibetan Buddhism and is influential as a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, the world's most famous Buddhist monk, and the leader of the exiled Tibetan government in India.

Tenzin Gyatso was the fifth of sixteen children born to a farming family. He was proclaimed the
More about Dalai Lama XIV