Start by marking “The Earth Key (The Elementals #2)” as Want to Read:
The Earth Key (The Elementals #2)

The Earth Key (The Elementals #2)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
In book two, Ka's journey continues as she travels to the Land of Earth to retrieve and destroy the Earth stone. Her mother went to great lengths in order to protect her from the Imminent Darkness, but there are consequences for hiding the truth. Someone has lied and someone will die as the Imminent Darkness grows stronger in its quest for retribution.
Paperback, ARC edition, 289 pages
Published December 6th 2016 by BoxerBull Books

To ask other readers questions about The Earth Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earth Key

Britta
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Added to favorites! I love this book. I love this series. Jennifer you are amazing!

Review to come soon :)
Defiantly pick up this series!!

**I got this book as an ARC copy from the author, this in no way affects my opinion of the book**
Ksandra
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars!

"With love there can be no division, and love is the antithesis of power. While power feeds on deception and greed, love is true and there is always enough."

-The Earth Key

First off... Can I please give this book more stars? Like all of the stars? Seriously I am in love with this book and characters. And let me explain why.

In Army of Fire, readers are introduced to Ka Waylon. She is an ordinary girl with an extraordinary story and path to follow. We only get a small taste of that in boo
Katherina [Book-o-Craze]
Originally posted on Book-o-Craze!

The first book in The Elementals series, Army Of Fire (let's call it AOF! I love giving nicknames to things I love) was something else! It contained action, so much plot and so much imagination that became one of my favorite reads of 2016.

But THIS book, The Earth Key (how about TEK? It even surpassed that point!
It was so PACKED with action and new information kept coming for Ka, her background, her mother and her involvement in all of this, the dark enemies Kata
Beth Skye Denny
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Imminent Darkness is rising and growing in power. Even though part of her missing self has been restored by getting and destroying the Fire stone, Ka isn't feeling all that great. Life has come to a strange standstill and guilt for things beyond her control is at the forefront of her mind.
If you're the 'Impossible Girl', part of who you are is missing, and the danger to your world is looming, what do you do?

"You go where you always go to find answers."
"The Black Bazaar?" I ask, confused.
"No,
Ella
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I receive this ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Now that was a sequel! It wasn't the absolute best book I read this year due to some parts that dragged on a little longer than they should. But it was definitely a great book! I personally think that Jenn did a great job staying with the original characters and plot from the first book, but also completely changed what was going on. Also, One of the biggest problems I had with the first book was that a lot of characters were talked about a lo
Nichelle Roe (fistpumppirate)
**I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review**

5 stars

I absolutely LOVED this book! I have been in a serious reading slump for almost 2 months and this was the only book I have started and finished in that time, so that in itself is saying something.

NOTE: I am going to TRY and review this without spoilers, but there may be small spoilers from the first book in this series, Army of Fire.

This is the 2nd book in the Elemental series and it was great. In the first
Moonika
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
I think for me The Earth Key was a little weaker than book 1 of the series, Army of Fire.

From some scenes in the beginning of the book, I hoped for an exploration mother-daughter relationship, which is I feel a very important relationship in any woman's life, but isn't much explored in YA-fantasy, and there was some of that, but it didn't go as far as I hoped, and it took me quite a long time to realize that this wasn't the theme of the book at all, instead it was (view spoiler)
Kari
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again, wow! In The Earth Key, we continue Ka's story searching for lost stones and learning so much about her past, her family, and the world they live in.
I Ka's mother's story is so interesting. There are so many bits and pieces to be uncovered and learned at just the right time. Also all the details within the element of Earth are really amazing as well. There are good and bad portions to every element, and I love being able to see them come out in each of the people who pronounced that parti
JaNae
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
https://jheartlovesbook.wordpress.com... spoiler free review of this lovely book
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review is from Spinatale Reviews.

Rating: 7/10

This book picks up just a few weeks after the ending of the first book, Army of Fire (see my review here), while Ka is coming to terms with the aftermath of the final events of that book. The Earth Key really delves into the mythology behind the impossible girl and I loved it. The author has created an interesting mythology that greatly expands the scope of the story.

What I enjoyed the most about this book is Ka’s relationship with her mother an
Nica
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free e-arc in exchange of an honest review.*

WOW.

That’s the first thing that I can think of after reading this. This book is so GREAT.

I loved AOF and I love this book too! If the first book was exciting, I think this book is even more exciting and more action-packed! I really love the author’s writing style and how she elaborately describes and explains everything!

This book has even more revelations too. We get to have a better understanding of Ka’s past and how she became the Impos
Kristina
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kata Waylon is the Impossible Girl. Referred to as a legend in her society, she is prophesied to be the one that will set them free from the Imminent Darkness, an ancient force that is obsessed with controlling the remaining people of the human race.

When Ka first learned of her identity as the Impossible Girl in book one of the Elementals, Army of Fire, her world was flipped upside down. Discovering that you are the center of a myth that has been passed on for generations can do that. With the
Jennifer Kelly
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alexandra (pagesinbetween)
~*Winnie*~
Mar 07, 2017
Nina Abramoff
Jun 03, 2017
Hi, booklovers! I'm glad you stopped by! :)

A little about me: I'm a YA sci-fi/fantasy author (with some children's and women's lit on the side). I'm also the proud owner/creator of a fandom candle shop called The Bookish Flame. You can find it on Etsy @ www.etsy.com/shop/thebookishflame and on IG @thebookishflame .

What else I do: When not writing, I spend time with my furry best friend, Mennie, do
More about Jennifer L. Kelly

The Elementals (5 books)
  • Army of Fire (The Elementals #1)
  • Genesis of Wood (The Elementals #3)
  • The Water Queen (The Elementals #4)
  • Secret of Metal (The Elementals #5)