Start by marking “A Flaw So Beautiful” as Want to Read:
A Flaw So Beautiful

A Flaw So Beautiful

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  444 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
Bonus! Get more of Lincoln & Ashton AFTER you've read the book. It's on my website! http://alorakateauthor.wixsite.com/al...

Lincoln: Catching sight of my neighbor’s ass in the hallway the day I moved in more than piqued my interest. It's not just the body that has my attention. She's mysterious, hiding behind sunglasses that cover most of her face. I ask her name and t
Published December 29th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Flaw So Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Flaw So Beautiful

Selene
Aug 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: New Adult readers

I was conflicted about rating this book because there were pieces that I liked. This story started off okay but quickly went downhill for me. The connection between the main characters was thin and seemed to be nothing but convenient due to them living across the hall from one another. Somehow the connection quickly snowballed into an epic affair of infatuation that helped to cure one of the characters of his insomnia and the other character of her low self-esteem and distorted vision.
Becky Rendon
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it
A Flaw So Beautiful is a survivor story. It shows that even though it may take "forever" there is a light to be seen at the end of the tunnel. Healing isn't an instant fix. It's a process and it has ups, downs, and back steps. We all heal at our own pace.

I really appreciated Ashton's set backs. The reality is it may never be ok but she was trying. I find it refreshing when stories are more realistic in their trauma timelines.

I read I the blurb that this might be considered a dark romance. It is
GrnEyed
I went into reading A Flaw So Beautiful with no expectations and no idea of what I was about to read. It took me only the first page to get hooked on this book. Within the smallest number of pages read, I found myself completely falling in love with the characters of Lincoln and Ashton.

Who were Lincoln and Ashton? They were two individuals who had both suffered tremendous heartache, suffering and unimaginable misery in their lives. Although the trauma that they both suffered was vastly different
2OCC Reviews
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma

A Flaw so Beautiful blew me away with how much of an incredible read that it was. I didn’t know what to expect when I started reading this because I didn’t read what it was about because the cover of the book immediately intrigued me. This book was an incredible read for a number of reasons, one of these reasons is the way that the story slowly told the story of the two main characters, but also about the way that someone can face the darkness of the world and go through something truly horrible
Silvia
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alora Kate continues to surprise and captivate her readers with each novel she puts out! Each novel I read of hers, I swear it is her best yet, and then she comes out with her next novel, and it is even better than the last. Watching this author grow has been amazing and I am so excited to see the projects she is working on this year.
A Flaw So Beautiful is a different story than what Alora has put out in the past. This story is dark in nature, emotional, and raw. The characters, Ashton and Linco
Jenny
I really wavered between 4 and 5 stars for this, I'm not one to do the whole 4.25 stars though so 4 stars it is..
This was a pretty difficult read, it's heartbreaking to imagine anyone going through this kind of horror so it really is a tear jerker, I loved Lincoln and how he wouldn't give up on Ashton.
I found the first half of this book was paced really well but the second half seemed pretty rushed, I felt like it missed out a lot of her better progress toward the end of book and skipped strai
Tara  TUG
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went into this book thinking it was something totally different then what I started reading. I didn't realize that I would be taken on a beautiful journey about suffering and overcoming and trusting in someone to help you be the person you once was.

Alora Kate delivered a heart breaking story and she did it so stunningly that I was I forgot all about what I thought I was suppose to be reading. This isn't a light story, but its definitely a story worth reading.
Anne Milne
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect before I read this book but I'm glad I picked it.
I really enjoyed the story and although parts of Ashton's past are horrific I would class this as dark and that's because although we find out what happened to her it's not gone into with much detail. Lincoln is a very sweet loving man just ignore his stalking at the start.
I would have liked more detail about their budding romance, because of her past I felt we could have done with more detail about their intimate rel
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
I absolutely loved this story. It is a story about survival and what people go through in order to keep themselves sane after a majorly traumatic events. Lincoln and Ashton go through different things, but seemed to cope in almost the same way.
After Ashton's torturous event she stay home and keeps to herself. Never going out because of what the "Devil" did to her. She sees herself as hideous, wants nothing to do with anything outside of her apartment, and is still living in the past unable to l
Heather R Callahan
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
No one's life is perfect, and this book is all about that. Ashton has been through hell and back, and all she wants to do is hide. She hides in her apartment, hided by her clothing, and pushed everyone away. Lincoln is Ashton's neighbor, and will stop at nothing to get to know her. He is caring and so very understanding.

I did enjoy this book. It was a bit hard for me to get into, and the pace was a bit slow. But I enjoyed the characters, and the story was nice.
ARC provided by author in exchang
Jodi - Alpha Loving Erotic Book Beauty Blogger
This was an incredible emotional journey I got to witness between the leading characters Ashton and Lincoln. Painful at times, both characters are intensely"flawed" scarred, and then some.
How do you get past those horrible memories and try to live? Lincoln with help begins to "live" but for Ashton, she just goes through the motions, not really living, just a girl trying to hide in her big sunglasses, until Lincoln slowly peels each tender layer away.
It's an emotional rollercoaster, with so many
Emma Osborne
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me all kinds of feelings and emotions. It has a lot of moments that leave you speechless, but in a "I just can't believe this!" Kind of way. The author brings out the dark side of the world, but also the the beauty and the light. She makes its relatable in one way or another. READ this amazing book!!! Five stars all the way!!!
Kim Sutton
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for my honest review.

Lincoln is one determined man. He wants to get to know his new neighbour, and nothing is going to stop him. Ashton tries her best to ignore Lincoln and scare him off, but she's not having much luck. Ashton is different, she's broken, she hides away behind her clothes and sunglasses and her apartment door. She's been through so much and hasn't let herself heal. She's surviving, barely, and now Lincoln comes and turns her orderly life upside down.

Lincoln is
Susan
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’d never read or even heard of Alora Kate until A Flaw So Beautiful. I am now on a mission to read everything she’s written. I haven’t read a story like this one, after the darkness. It’s dealing with the nightmares, and fears, the pain from the dark in search of the light. It is very well written; the characters, experiences, the pain are so realistic. This is my favorite story so far this year and will stay with me awhile.

Ashton is such a beautiful, brave woman. She’s lived the unimaginable.
Jane Abernethy
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness there needs to be more stars to rate this book. I read it in six hours! I could not put the book down once I started it! I stayed up to keep reading it was so good. I did not skip around which is something I do when a book bores me. Each page, each paragraph, each sentence, and every word kept my attention. Alora Kate does a wonderful job with the storyline and characters. She gives just enough information to keep you wondering "what happened to the poor girl?"

Unfortunately the "
Kimberlys
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First I should state I won an arc in CoHos fan friday. This book is not for the faint of heart, and it isn't your mama's romance. This book deals with a woman named Ashton who has the most horrific past. As a result she has anxiety,PTSD, Panic Attacks, and OCD. While it doesn't give many blow by blow accounts of her past, it does talk about it enough that it should be okay for people with this issues, just use caution.
Ashton is was big mess, and she is trying to just live day to day. Whats so ha
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
Stunning Read! This book deals with the after effects of horrific events but does so in such a beautiful way.

Ashton has been through things that no one should ever have to even think about. As a result, she lives with PTSD, severe anxiety, OCD, and she plans every day down to the minute. If her day goes off track in any way, she goes into a debilitating panic attack. Imagine her distress when her new neighbor insists on speaking to her every time he sees her.

Lincoln is very intrigued by his ne
Sophia Holt
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story definitely has some triggers, its a book about survival, of letting go of the past, of forgiveness, fighting the darkness.
Lincoln and Ashton, both have been through hell, on different levels, something that some people might not come back from.
A book about strength and finding that person that will pull you out, and love you how you are meant to be loved.
I won't go into too much detail, i really don't know how to write this review without revealing too much, so i won't.
The story was p
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
This was my first read from this author. I really enjoyed it, though the pace was a lot slower than what I normally read. This book encompassed what it means to have unconditional love, patience, and encouragement. The hero was incredibly insightful and sweet. He was absolutely swoon-worthy. The only thing I would've liked to have read, that was missing for me, was lots more description and fine details in the connection between the two, their subtle touches or their first kiss, for example. Wit ...more
Cat Jones
I couldn't finish this one properly.
I had to skip to the end from about 46%.
I couldn't get mesh with the characters. Especially Linc.
I have big problems with how he handled Ashton.
I hate skipping to the end, especially since I paid for this.
Hettie Ivers
A Flaw So Beautiful delves into the psychological aftermath of severe, repeated sexual, physical, and psychological trauma, and is the story of a survivor still struggling years later to establish new barometers for “normal” in her everyday life. For the latter alone, I find this book to be brilliant and the author’s efforts highly commendable. You don’t see many books that wade into the muddy waters of dealing with the day-to-day struggle to overcome seemingly simple obstacles involving both in ...more
Sam Lewis
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review of A Flaw So Beautiful by Alora Kate is for The Sweet Spot Sisterhood Blog. I have never read anything by this author before, but I love finding new to me authors. Alora Kate is definitely one to watch. I really enjoyed A Flaw So Beautiful and it absolutely deserves this 5 Star review. I wanted to keep reading and reading. I wanted more of Lincoln and Ashton's story. Although the Epilogue seemed a little rushed, I liked how it ended. If you are looking for hot sex then this book migh ...more
Shelly Wygant
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If I could rate this book with 10 stars I would. It will definitely be on my list of top reads of 2017.

I know that with this review I will not be able to do this book justice. It is one of those stories that you just need to read.

Both Lincoln and Ashton has suffered tragic events in their life. Lincoln has moved past his but Ashton is still suffering. This may seem like a story where a girl and boy meet, they help each other, fall in love and everything is great. Well be prepared for a wild em
Cindy Mathis
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think the most exciting thing as a reader is finding an author who is fairly new, following their work, and watching them grow and crack through the shell to become the storyteller you knew was there all along. This is how I feel about Alora Kate. With the release of A Flaw So Beautiful, Alora Kate proves she can do it all.

This is not happy story, but is not what I would call a dark romance. Ashton is undeniably and rightfully damaged. With the things she's seen and experienced, it's a miracl
Amanda
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is an amazing emotional experience. About a woman who was traumatized and trying to overcome her PTSD like after effects that help her try and get through "in her mind" a typical day.
Until Lincoln moves in next door and is drawn to her. He just believes she's blowing him off at first, but he doesn't give up. Lincoln has had his own shares of trauma. So he reaches out to Ashton.
This book will take you on Ashton and Lincoln's journey to reach out, and try and figure out how to find the
Spunky N Sassy
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 3.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton has has such a traumatic life so far, some of which she has only shared with her therapist. When the neighbor across the hall keeps trying to talk to her it pushes her out of her comfort zone and into a place she is not sure she is willing to or can go. Lincoln is so intrigued by Ashton but it takes forever for her to even say what her name is. He just can't seem to get her out of his mind. Can Lincoln push past the darkness
Tiffani
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

This book was absolutely stunning and heart -wrenching, but a BEAUTIFUL ride. I enjoyed every bit of it and it can help so many people battling with depression and help rape victims find their light again. I love that someone addressed it in such a real way and didn't let a guy magically fix everything, but allowed for the girl to mend herself, with some support. Would definitely read more by this author.
Rhea
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written story of hope and love

I enjoyed reading this book from start to finish and I definitely recommend it. The main characters both went through some dark moments in their lives but they were able to overcome it through love, albeit different forms, but love just the same.

Please read this and you'll definitely love it!
Lily Winchester
This is one of the hardest reads I've ever encountered. So full of triggers. It would've been a quick read for me but it took me a whole day to finish this one in one sitting because I had to stop and breathe for once and awhile. I actually was not mentally ready for this book. I was an emotional wreck at the end of this ride.

It hits too close to home for me. Going to need fluffy reading now after all that wrecks.
Yvonne Eason
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC for an honest review.

This is the first book I have read by Alora Kate and one I will be shouting from the roof tops for people to read. The book is dark and contains some scenes that people may find disturbing and hard to handle. However this book is now in one of my top ever reads.

The emotion that is put onto the pages of the book can be felt deep within your core as you read. It is intense, sad and heartwarming.

When your solemate comes into your life they will do everyth
8196089
"I hear voices in my head and I love that its totally okay." - Alora Kate

Alora Kate – Pen Name

There are many reasons why she chooses to use a Pen Name. She battled with the idea but in the end, it’s a dedication. Alora Kate is a dedication to someone special who left this world way too soon.

She doesn’t write to get rich, or famous. She does it because she loves it. If only ten people bought her
More about Alora Kate...