Start by marking “The Date (Magnolia Grove Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Date (Magnolia Grove Book 2)

The Date (Magnolia Grove Book 2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Two families. Two hearts. One forbidden love. One Date.

Timing is a funny thing. It can make or break any situation. Any relationship. The only thing worse than timing is miscommunication, especially when one person thinks the other isn’t interested.

When Cammie Spencer is left to sort out the mess that’s becoming her life, she reflects on what she thinks she knows versus wh
Kindle Edition
Published October 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Date

1-Click Addict Support Group
The Date is the second book in the Magnolia Grove series and it picked up right where book one left off.

“My worth isn’t defined or dependent on a man.”

Celia’s life has just been flipped upside down and luckily Holden is right there to help her pick up the pieces. The years of attraction between them come to a head and it’s hard to figure out what is right and wrong at this point.

“My engagement, my life, is upside down. And all I want to do is have Holden send me into a euphoric bliss, a faraw
Three Chicks
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Date is the second book in this series. I am loving this series and the characters. I do not want to give too much away but if you read The Auction you know how that one ended. Cammie found out that her relationship with her fiancé was anything but honest. And now she must decide how to handle it all.

Holden as won a date with the girl that he has been in love with for as long as he can remember. But she has also just found out that her fiancé is not the man she thought he was. He does not wa
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Okay, so in the first book Holden win's the auction to take Cammie out on a date. The title of this book is 'The Date' but 'the date' never actually happens in this book.

However, these two do spend time together in this story so maybe that counts as a date as such?!

This book picks up right where the first one left off, Cammie is feeling betrayed and pissed off at her fiance, Oliver. Holden is there to pick up the pieces, well as much as she will let him.

There is definitely a building hum betwe
Lustful Literature

Beth's Review

The Date is the second serial in the Magnolia Grove series. So if you have not read the Auction, do not read any further as this review will contain spoilers. Also where the books in this series are serials with Cammie and Holden being the main characters throughout the series, the must all be read and done so in order .

The Date picks right up where we left off in The Auction. Cammie has just found out that not only is her fiancé cheating on her unbeknown to her but he is cheating
Jamie Rhodes
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second installment of this novella series. It is meant to be read after the first one. So, don't even try to read it without having read the first one because you would be totally lost. I thought this would be about their date, but it is just a continuation within 24 hours of the auction where Holden bought a date with Cammie. This installment takes us back to the past when they were skirting around each other while they were teens. We know something significant happened, but we don' ...more
Reanna Hanley
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cammie and Holden grew up together, when the adults drift apart are their teenage feelings enough to bridge that gap? As adults Holden needs to find a way to prove to Cammie he's the one for her, only problem is she's engaged. Can a mystery date win him her heart?

This was a short read, I enjoyed the characters and banter. I felt for both Cammie and Holden and the situations they found themselves in both as teenagers and then as adults. This book picks up where The Auction left off and I would de
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
There is one thing that I am certain about after reading The Auction and The Date and that is that J.B. McGee really knows how to tease the reader. The Date begins with Cammie finding out her fiance's secret which leaves her confuse and upset.

When Holden Masters wins a date with the woman he has loved practically all his life, he never expected that night at the auction for his plans to win the heart of his friend (who is engaged) for her to fall right into his hands before the date even begins
Tami Talbert
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Date is the second book in J.B. McGee's Magnolia Grove series continuing the romance between Camellia and Holden. They have known each other since they were children. However, after an unfortunate incident (which we haven’t yet learned the details of) they began to drift apart, although their hearts truly always remained connected. After the passage of years, Holden is no longer able to ignore Camellia and is determined to save her from the life path she seems to be spiraling towards. But be ...more
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
*Review copy received form the author for an honest review*

4 “always” stars

So at the end of The Auction, we are left with a surprise and a dilemma. And The Date starts the same way. How will Cammie handle the news that was dropped on her? And how will she handle her new situation with Holden?

“I am not prepared for the backlash that will come from all these decisions.”

The Date takes you back a lot, to all the history between Holden and Cammie, and how they have gotten to this point. I enjoyed see
Tiffany
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books

“My worth isn’t defined or dependent on a man.”

Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
Now that Oliver has shown his true colors it is time for Holden to rescue his girl and finally have his HEA. Too bad Cam is struggling with what the town will think and how she is to go about ending things with Oliver and moving on. She will go back and forth with what she feels , wants and needs BUT Holden doesn't hold back when it comes to telling her what he feels , wants and needs. He may not want to scare her off or rush into things but he is sure to be by her side while she recovers and if ...more
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
As with the first book in this serious I am so in love with it. It's uber sweet, steamy, and low on angst. I'm loving Cam and Holdins story. She picks up exactly where she left off in the last book. This is something that I LOVE too, she doesn't spend the first chapter or two re-hashing the first intallment in this serial series.

It's a short read and perfect for those who's lives are so busy they can only dedicte small times to reading, but it's also a super sweet story perfect for those love ro
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carrie
J.B. Mcgee had done it again she picks up where Cam and Holdins story left off. Cam just found out some devastating news and now she has some choices to make. Holdin had been in love with Cam his whole life and now he might have that chance to prove to Cam that everything she thought about him was just smoke and mirrors. Can Cam and Holdin have a future together? Just as you think your going to find out J.B. leaves you hanging on waiting for the next book.
DCT
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need more of Magnolia Grove!

Okay, so this is turning into more of a serial read. I got sucked in with The Auction, book 1, and now The Date leaves me with more questions than answers. We learn more of the connection of Cammie and Holden during their youth, and that some type of betrayal happened that involves their families. So now that my interest are really peaked, I've got to wait for The Promise!
Mary Fazzi
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man so close

Holden and Cam need to work out some stuff. She wants Holden and Holden wants her but there's something that needs to be handled and as much as they want each other. Holden wants it to be right and not a rumor mill waiting to hurt them before they start. Great book. Can't wait for the next.
Brandi
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-b-mcgee
I love these stories! The chemistry between Cammie and Holden is sizzling. I really want them to give that town and those society queens the finger!! I'm still mad at Oliver. Mainly for how he handle the circumstances. Own up man!! Can't wait for the next one.
Melanie
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read but a bit frustrating. I just wish Cammie and Holden would be together. They are so concerned what everyone else thinks that they are putting what they want on hold. Excited to see what happens next. Starting The Promise now.
Chitra
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book is a continuation of The Auction. We got to see how the story about Holden and Cammie and their past slowly unraveled, and how they started to open up and the chemistry between each other is growing hotter. J.B. has really done well and I'm so looking forward for the third book!
Georgette
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in this series brings Cammie and Holden more into the light. You learn a little more about them each day. Their chemistry seems to escalate even more with each page.
Highly recommended series!
BethyMac
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review can be found at
Michelle
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is called The Date, Holden and Cammie do not actually go on the date that Holden bid on in the auction. They do spend some quality time together, though, and I enjoyed seeing them reconnecting and having Cammie realize that Holden isn't what he portrays himself to be on the outside. That the depths of what he will do for her is something she's always longed for in another man. There is a backstory that has not been revealed in full detail, but I am interested in discovering more ...more
Karen
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never the right moment

True love can be hard when it's never the right moment for the two involved. It can be hard to go for what you want sometimes when everyone in your life doesn't understand
Cee Cee Houston
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, Holden won the auction, but can he keep the girl?
Secrets are coming out and Cammie is shocked and hurt. Will she trust Holden to be the guy for her? Her dad ways in with his opinion and threats. Will she cave to parental pressure.
Virginia
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Date picks up perfectly where The Auction left off. In The Auction, Holden won a date with Cammie in the auction and Cammie found out some shocking and very upsetting news about her fiancé, Oliver. News that will change her life.

In the Date, we get the next part of the story. How will Cammie handle what she learned? Is there a chance for her and Holden to be together? Will they let living in a small town where everyone knows everyone influence them in what they decide?

I love this series. Th
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily
Jan 30, 2017
Cat Nunez
Feb 27, 2017
Lolita
rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2016
Jennifer Steckler
May 23, 2017
Teresa Williams
May 05, 2017
J.B. McGee is a mother, wife, and the Amazon Top 100 author of the best selling This Series. Amazon Crossing acquired the German rights to her debut novel, Broken. Heartfall, her coming of age novel about a bullied ballerina, is a #1 best seller in the Teen and Young Adult Performing Arts genre. Skipping Stones, a military romance about a young woman strongly influenced by her faith and her family ...more