Start by marking “The Million Dollar Blog” as Want to Read:
The Million Dollar Blog

The Million Dollar Blog

In a world where everyone wants to blog and blog posts are ubiquitous, how do you stand out? How do you blog your way from nobody to somebody?

How do you make money blogging, how do you start your own blogging business, and how do you, as a business owner, use content to build your brand and drive your success?

What do the world's most successful bloggers know that you don't
Published November 21st 2017 by Piatkus (first published September 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Million Dollar Blog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Million Dollar Blog

Jackie Law
The Million Dollar Blog, by Natasha Courtenay-Smith, is an advice book written mainly for those who wish to run their blog as a business. The emphasis is on how to monetise the venture, be that directly through the blog itself or by using it to draw in clients to an endeavour it supports.

The book starts by encouraging everyone to blog. It then goes on to discuss the best way to prepare for this new adventure. It covers content, branding, the importance of aesthetics, and of finding a niche that
Heather Duff
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will freely admit in the last two or three months, my blogging mojo has pretty much crawled away and hidden under a rock with its eyes closed and its fingers in it ears.

An invitation to read this book appeared in my inbox and it intrigued me. Yes it sounded like there was a lot of info for the blogger just starting out but it also sounded like it was full of info and ideas that could help a seasoned and slightly jaded blogger like myself.

Natasha Courtenay Smith is a former journalist who has v
Netradičně tradiční
Všechny možné obecné rady, které kolují po internetu shrnuté do jedné knihy. Nejzajímavější z obsahu byly rozhovory s úspěšnými blogery.
Bara
Jádrem Descartovy filozofie je motto: "Myslím, tedy jsem." Filozofií Courtenay-Smithové je heslo: "Bloguji, tedy jsem."

Sama kompozice této knihy působí jako blog. Větší kapitoly se dělí na podkapitolky a článečky. Je tu použito různorodé množství fontů, tučným písmem se nešetří a čtenář se nemusí jako klíště držet přísně chronologického pořadí, může si přeskakovat a vracet se k těm pasážím, které ho zprvu tolik nezaujaly. Například se dá publikace číst tak, že napoprvé vynecháte všechny rozhovor
Nopadol Rompho
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing
This is a very useful book for those of you who want to be a blogger. Strongly recommended.
Soňa
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ako vyniknúť vo svete, kde chce blogovať azda každý a blogové príspevky sa dajú nájsť na každom rohu?
Ako sa blogovaním môžete stať niekým?
Čo vedia najúspešnejší blogeri na svete a ktoré vedomosti (zatiaľ) chýbajú vám?

Nech už ste ktokoľvek - mamička v domácnosti, nádejný bloger píšuci o móde, životnom štýle či stravovaní, majiteľ veľkej spoločnosti alebo malej firmy - v knihe sa dozviete, ako sa z vás stane úspešný bloger.
Naučte sa písať a speňažovať blog, zistite, ako môžete podporiť firmu úspe
Rosie Walsh
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every blog starts from somewhere, blogs are not immediate overnight successes and are all about building your audience and community of readers. A bit like businesses, blogging is all about understanding your niche – what can you bring to the digital world that no one else is? Understanding your niche is essential to understanding your audience, allowing you to share your interests and passions with each other to build a community.

The book also covers how to make money from blogging through vari
Justė Knygu_gurmane
Prie pačios knygos neturiu ko prikibti. Ji puiki! Daug informacijos ir naudingos. Ypač pradedantiesiems, kurie dar neturi patirties rašant tinklaraštį. Net gi ir tiems, kurie dar net nežino ką nori rašyti. 😊 Viskas surašyta smulkiai, aiškiai ir paprastai. Nuo tinklaraščio idėjos išsigryninimo iki internetinio puslapio paleidimo, bei pagrindinių socialinių tinklų aptarimo.

Taip pat, gausu informacijos ir įmonėms, kodėl verta rašyti blogą, kaip save pateikti ir kodėl šiais laikais tai net gi būtina
Shelby Miles
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up from the library as I've just started blogging again after 4 years off. I wish I had this book the first time around! Clearly outlining the hard work that is essential for a successful blog, every chapter also has real life case studies in the form of interviews with huge all-stars of the blogosphere. From reading this I now have a clear plan for my blog, I have a niche (a word I still hate but have to accept!)and I am confidently creating content for my blog. I've posted 7 days ...more
Nadia P.
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the book, it is full of good advises, examples and even instructions about what the blogging sphere is about, how to blog, how to create content, how to start, how not to give up and what to do in case you are really tempted to do so.
there are a lot of "to do" and "don'ts", list pf ready to be implemented ideas and hacks on how to start.
It's a good read for those who are looking into digital marketing, have started or are looking to start an own blog.
Colin Butcher
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an absolute must for anyone who is serious about running a blog. The writer takes you right to the very heart of the industry and uses the experiences of well established bloggers to emphasise relevant points. The book is well laid out with information presented in bite sized chunks making it far easy to absorb. I’m reading it for the second time to ensure I took everything onboard.
Asmaa Mannasaheb
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read! Although the book isn't specific to any country, some information may not apply to certain countries.
However, great examples of real and successful entrepreneurs with lessons to learn from and inspirations to take.
There are really good lists of resources, softwares, tips and tricks too.
Would recommend for someone thinking of starting an online blog and an online business.
Lídia Martiniano
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
As I already have a blog and I've got years of research on the topic, this book has nothing new to offer me. However, for those who have no idea where to start, how to promote and how to monetize a blog, this is a pocket-size bible that gives you full knowledge of the whole picture.
Anna Dryukova
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's good for those who just starting bloging or wants to start but don't know how. The book also will be helpful if someone lost hope and giving up bloging. But all it could be placed on 70 pages but not on 270 🤷🏻♀ ...more
L.J. Savage
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've literally just finished this book and can't wait to put everything I've learned into action!

Natasha, thank you so much for this integral manual! It has lit a fire within me and provided me with the inspiration to just get out there and get on with my blogging idea.
Daniel Harter
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for anyone who has started a blog but is losing motivation. Rather than any step by step method for achieving success, this book inspires with great stories of other blogs success and some the hints and tips they've gathered along the way. An essential read for anyone blogging.
Tina Russell
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring and eye-opening

This book covers everything you need to get started with blogging. It is really useful and inspiring to read the case studies and every time I finished a chapter I was looking forward to working on my blog, Simp!y Shine.
Rose Merchant
When I first started reading it I was like yessss here’s a book with handy blog tips and life stories from successful bloggers . But now I’m near the end I’m finding it a tedious read .
Suzanne
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just what I needed to get me started on my blogging
Easy to follow with excellent examples from successful bloggers.
David
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book if you're interested in blogging.

I'm just starting out and the calmness and reassurance in this book crushes the overwhelming feeling of starting a blog.
Susan
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: bloggers
An inspiring and diverse collection of blogger success stories and different ways that this can be achieved
Tet Roberts
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: personal-guru-s
Good book on blogging and vlogging, brings back my motivation, now let's start!
Shafira Maemanah
I love this book, the idea is amazing, to give insider tips to start a blog or improve it. I love how they put the layout, very informative.
Jason Lawless
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. For someone who is a daily user of the internet, but stays away from social media this was an interesting read. It gives a great overview of how the Blogging world works and how it can be effectively monetised. As an introvert I did find the section on social media intimidating, I'm not the sort of person who needs to share everything I do each day. The book has given me few ideas to identify my niche topic and I hope to use the knowledge learnt from this book to start a Blog of my o ...more
Claire
Apr 03, 2017
Marina Nikolova
May 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Il Potere Del Fuoco (W.I.T.C.H, #4)
  • Au coeur des émotions de l'enfant , Comprendre son langage, ses rires et ses pleurs
  • Frugal Isn't Cheap: Spend Less, Save More, and Live Better
  • Finding Freedom from Anxiety and Worry
  • Pseudoscience and Extraordinary Claims of the Paranormal: A Critical Thinker's Toolkit
  • Me and My Sewing Machine: A Beginner's Guide
  • Creativity Rules: Get Ideas Out of Your Head and into the World
  • The No-Regrets Bucket List: Living the Life You Were Meant to Live (The Wise Woman Collection)
  • The Baby Boon: How Family-Friendly America Cheats the Childless
  • The Cow Book: A Story of Life on a Family Farm
  • My Mind Is Not Always My Friend, a Guide for How to Not Get in Your Own Way
  • The Strawberry Letter: Real Talk, Real Advice, Because Bitterness Isn't Sexy
  • Unplugged: The Essential Digital Detox Plan
  • Olive
  • The Silver Sword (The Ea Cycle, #2)
  • The Questing of Kedrigern (Kedrigern, #2)
  • Finding the Gift: Daily Meditations for Mindfulness