Start by marking “Maximum Moxie (Maggie Sullivan mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Maximum Moxie (Maggie Sullivan mystery, #5)

Maximum Moxie (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #5)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Days before the Pearl Harbor attack plunges the U.S. into World War II, private eye Maggie Sullivan is hired to find a missing engineer in Dayton, Ohio. Has Gil Tremain been kidnapped, or has he turned traitor — to his employer and maybe his country?

As Maggie pieces together his last movements, she finds there are secrets the man’s ex-wife and his employers don’t want unco
Published September 21st 2016 by Tuesday House

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Moxie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maximum Moxie

Erick Baze
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maggie and the missing engineer

Hired to find a missing engineer just as Pearl Harbor is bombed, Maggie has more than a few close calls.
Debbie Elholm
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is so far the best book of the series! Maggie is hired to search for a missing employee. She ends up confronting an old nemesis that has no respect for her. The book takes place in December 1941 just as WWII is starting. I look forward to seeing how WWII is going to affect Maggie. I also loved the 2 new characters introduced in this book: Tabby and Jasper! Maybe Maggie should hire these 2 to join her agency. They bring some unique skills that Maggie may need in the future, especially after ...more
Judie
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maggie Sullivan was a rarity: a self-confident, female private investigator in the early 1940s. In her mid-20s, she lived in a rooming house and operated her own one-person business in Dayton, Ohio. She was bright, competent, sassy, and knew how to get into locked doors. Sometimes, she was pretty good at defending herself.
In maximum Moxie, Loren Collingswood, co-owner of a company that developed technology, came to her to try to locate one of their employees. They were days away from a major me
Richard
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ah, I can't get enough of Maggie and her pals. In this fifth full-length episode, she takes on the search for a missing engineer. Nobody is sure if he has absconded with some critical figures for his firm's project, or whether he's been kidnapped. The infamous date December 7, 1941 comes midway through this book, and impending war in the Pacific casts a sort of ominous shadow over the rest of the book.

I liked the new or story-specific characters, especially Tabby Warren, former owner of a buildi
Stacy Spoonster
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maximum Moxie

This is another great installment in an excellent series. Once again the characters and storyline are fantastic. This one kept me guessing for quite a awhile. I loved the plot twists. I also really enjoy the historical details throughout the book and series. I highly recommend this book to mystery fans and anyone who likes a strong female main character.
Susan
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
As the end of 1941 approaches Magie is employed to finding an important employee - Gil Tremain, an enginner, has he just gone walkabout or is there a sinister reason.
Very enjoyable book as always, such a good read.
Brenda
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook-book
I enjoy this series set in 1930's to 1940's Dayton, Ohio. Love the female sleuth, Maggie Sullivan.
Elisabeth
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent, just magnificent

Disclaimer: I love Ruth Myers writing, and I particularly love this series. I'm always amazed by authors that can keep a good series running. If anything, this book is better than the earlier installments in the series. The characters remain fresh, the noir pitch perfect, the plot engaging, the pacing perfect at keeping you involved with the story, and the locale exquisitely captured. The eve of Pearl Harbor, before the words Pearl Harbor were seared into the collec
Ruth
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Plot twists set upon the lynchpin of Pearl Harbor. Everything about this story works, from the character development to the murder mystery elements to the descriptions of a world holding its breath as everything changes.

Have tissues handy. M. Ruth Myers does an outstanding job of describing the emotional backlash of a pivotal moment in world history. Maggie grows up in this story. I'll leave it there - no spoilers.
Gail Mathers
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Maximum Moxie

Really great read. Kept me up late to read the end. Oh well sometimes you got to sacrifice sleep. Worth it. WWII has just started. Things are changing. What's going to happen to our friends now. Got to wait till next book. I love all of her Maggie Sullivan books. Characters development and growth. Learning new things about them. I recommend them very nice.
Homerun2
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Maggie is an entertaining and ballsy shamus. This adventure takes place around the time of Pearl Harbor and Maggie is her usual pugnacious self as she attempts to find a missing engineer. This wasn't the strongest plot, but good enough to watch her take-no-prisoners operation and enjoy the fireworks.
jim
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read as always....solid, true to life characters in a gritty setting.

Maggie is up to her usual...getting involved in risky business, but as always, coming up roses with a smile... looking forward to another adventure!
Margaret V Gee
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read

Immerse yourself in Maggie Sullivan's world and enjoy another wonderfully crafted story. Maggie's a Dame but as tough and smart as they come. Can't wait for the next one.
Ginny
Nov 01, 2017
Jan Locke
Feb 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
M. Ruth Myers is a Shamus Award winning mystery writer. Her Maggie Sullivan mystery series features a Depression era private eye in Dayton, Ohio.

Other novels by the author, who has also written as Mary Ruth Myers, have been translated, optioned for television and condensed in Good Housekeeping. They also have been used in college classes in Japan. She has taught at writers’ conferences across the
More about M. Ruth Myers

Maggie Sullivan Mystery (6 books)
  • No Game For a Dame (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #1)
  • Tough Cookie (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #2)
  • Don't Dare a Dame (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #3)
  • Shamus in a Skirt (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #4)
  • Dames Fight Harder (Maggie Sullivan mysteries Book 6)