Start by marking “THIRDS Beyond the Books Volume 2” as Want to Read:
THIRDS Beyond the Books Volume 2

THIRDS Beyond the Books Volume 2

(THIRDS)

Flash Fiction Stories in the THIRDS Universe

Return to the THIRDS universe with another collection of flash fiction stories inspired by prompts submitted by fans. Reunite with favorite THIRDS characters to explore even more of their hidden adventures and personal moments, and take the opportunity to learn more about them through this series of stories recounting the humor,
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 155 pages
Published October 12th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about THIRDS Beyond the Books Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about THIRDS Beyond the Books Volume 2

R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Still Happy Stars!

I don’t know what it is, but Cochet has created the perfect recipe of hardass, tough guys mixed with a vulnerability and soft side to rival kittens and puppies. I could probably read about this group of yahoos for forever. Soooo good.

Just as great as the first, this excels on the humor and the sexy times!

If you’re a fan, this is obviously a no brainer.
Wendy

Just like the previous "Thirds beyond the books", I loved this one !!

These little snippets made me laugh so hard !! I love all characters from Thirds and I can't wait the next book to get here.

Thank you Charlie Cochet for giving us some more Dex, Sloane, Ash, Cael, Calvin, Hobbs, Letty, Rosa and ofcourse Tony ;)

I would give this one 5 stars because it made me so happy, but I'm gonna stick with 4,5 because even though this was great, I still like the full story books a bit more !! :D
Richard Derus
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Richard by: Irish Smurfette
Rating: 4* of five

The dreaded, dreadful "w" verb is still among us. The stress...the stress of the "w" verb assaulting me with its cheesiness and ubiquity...I think my eyes will twitch for days. Please, no one make any loud noises or I will shatter.

The vignettes of between-the-books goodness are lots of fun. One thing I hadn't thought through is that for books one has not yet read, there are spoilers galore. So spoilerphobes are cautioned to be all the way up on the series before picking this vo
Chris
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Loved these moments back with THIRDS- made me remember how much I enjoyed the dynamic between characters. Really great fun
haletostilinski
What a delightful second set of drabbles for this series. I loved getting even more tidbits of all the couples day to day lives, the domestic things we don't get to see enough during all the action of the main books. Many wonderful couple drabbles and family bonding drabbles and hilarious drabbles and some serious ones and I just loved them. Now onto Seb and Hudson's story! :D
Natalia
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

First off, I want to begin by saying that if you haven’t read the THIRDS series and you’re a M/M fan, then you’re really missing out on some amazing characters and stories. This particular book is a little bit different to what you’ll normally see because it isn’t really an anthology or a collection of stories. Here readers give the author some story prompts about the series or character and Charlie Cochet writes short bits and pieces about the boys. I would call this a slice of life type thin
BWT (Belen)
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this set of short vignettes even more than volume one.

Such cute stories that really give a great glimpse into the lives the members of Destructive Delta are making...especially Sloane and Dex (who, I'm unashamed to say are still my absolute favorites).

I <3 Dex!
Bev

I love these reader-inspired prompts for the THIRDS team that eventually turn into extra stories from Charlie. 4 stars.
Debra
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read Volumes 1 and 2 together and reviewed as one at Sinfully June 2016.

A must for any THIRDS fan! If you follow Charlie Cochet on social media you probably already know about THIRDS Thursdays where readers submit prompts for a flash fiction story they would like to see. Depending on when the story was written, some has been covered in subsequent books, but here you’ll find a collection of some of these shorts ranging from alternate points of view and bonus scenes, to childhood flashbacks. All t
justanya
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a Thirds enthusiast. I love. love. LOVE this wonderful universe that Charlie Cochet created! These characters, especially Dex, pull at my heartstrings. I know I'm guaranteed an amazing adventure whenever I read a Thirds book. These little behind the scenes snippets are icing on the cake! I get to revisit and reimagine memorable scenes from various Thirds books :)

Btw, how awesome of Cochet, to use the prompt from fans as the creative inspiration for the snippets in this volume?
Melissa
This was another cute collection. I thought volume 1 stories were funnier but volume 2 was still fun. 😁 Some of these scenes I definitely wish were longer. 😉
JR
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: for fun times
This is the second volume of what I refer to as Thirds snippets. This is a fun read. Nothing earth shattering, just plain ole fun. If you are into the Thirds universe, this is a must. If you haven't read the Thirds, what is wrong with you??
Viv
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoopla
Love these little nuggets of THIRDS goodness!
Lisa The Novel Approach
I’ve said it before and I will say it again: THIRDS Beyond the Books is a Grade A, first rate collection of awesome fan service. Charlie Cochet expanded her beloved characters from the THIRDS series at the fans’ behest, online first and then in Volume One, and it was fantastic. Volume Two is no exception.

This is the second set of THIRDS Thursday stories, and there are more to come. To date, the author is also continuing to write more as she continues the main series, and a second series involvin
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
It's always a joy reading about these group of characters. I really like the anthology idea and to read about certain events that have happened over the course of the series. Of course it wouldn't be me without Sloan and Ethan. Those are my favorite two, and I didn't get enough Ethan. I honestly think she can write more and I'd never this it was enough of these two.

I would like more Tony though. I always want to see that relationship between him and his sons grow. This is no different then the f
Christy
I had so much fun reading volume one in this flash fiction story collection that I was thrilled the author was doing a second volume. Of course, much like with the previous book, I struggled mightily with how to write this review. The format of this book is prompts from readers and then flash fiction stories to answer their questions. Difficult to review, to be honest. I was determined, however, to get my love and enjoyment for this book out in words so bear with me and my muddied writing.

'THIRD
Michela biasca
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anche questo secondo volume si è dimostrato una garanzia! Il gioco della verità derivato da una partita di poker è stato esilarante, il doppio appuntamento dolce e caotico,come sempre quando dex è uno dei protagonisti!E che dire della partita di pseduo calcio tra gattoni e umani? Da leggere assolutamente dopo Smoke & Mirrors!
Wendy F
THIRDS! I live for more of this series! Love every second of it.

For the full review, visit Birdie Bookworm!
Rita87
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: charlie-cochet
Ahhh io amo i Prompt! E tra riunione, primo appuntamento, calendario, San Valentino, poker e paura bambino! Sono morta dal ridere! Come sempre questa scrittrice riesce a regalarmi delle magnifiche emozioni! Adorato!!!
Gilwen
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Toujours aussi funs ces petits moments de vie.
Amanda Viecelli
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can never get enough of these guys. Love getting glimpses into their lives outside the books!
Kathi
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving all the little snippets of the lives of the Thirds agents
Emily Seelye
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, military, own, shifters
I love these!
Jenn (not Lily)
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect! I loved every single one of these -- #42 had me laughing out loud the whole time I was reading it!
Angela Verdenius
Taking a look in the past and present, in the different situations, is a change of pace that lets us draw breath and get to know the characters more. Love it.
Shan( Shans_Shelves) // On Exam Hiatus
I actually forgot to say I read this. Straight after the first Beyond the Books. I have to say I loved the stories in this one much more that the first set of stories. Which is why I rate this one 4 stars. :)
Kim

5 stars

If you are familiar with The Thirds Series, you will already know about Thirds Thursday, which I can't wait to get in my inbox every week, where Ms. Cochet expands certain scenes thru prompts from fans of this series. This volume is a collection of those snippets. Volume 1 had prompts 1-25 while this volume has prompts 26-44 with a special Valentine's Date. Some have been previously featured on the weekly Thirds' Thursday. One, in particular, being poker night that turns into a game of Tr
Morgan  Skye
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, reviewed, paranormal
If you’re fans of the series, you’ve probably read these on Charlie’s blog or on Facebook. If you haven’t they are all written assuming you’ve been following along in the series – there might be some considered spoilery in here so beware! In any case, they’re all here, easily accessible and the royalties go to an awesome charity!

I loved the Calvin and Hobbs parts and the jealous Sloane/Dex parts the best. Hobbs is sooooo sweet and seeing him all worked up when Calvin is working the case…HOT! The

• Hexslayer (Hexworld, #3)
  • Savage Love (Assassin/Shifter, #23)
  • How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon, #4)
  • Epitaph (Infected #8)
  • Unwanted Appeal (Hidden Wolves, #2.5)
  • Prickly By Nature (Portland Pack Chronicles, #2)
  • Johnnie (Siphon Collection, #1)
  • Sin and Tonic (Sinners, #6)
  • Balloon Animals Are Awesome
  • Resilience (Southwestern Shifters #5)
  • Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf, #1)
  • Red
  • Knight of Flames (Inheritance, #2)
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

THIRDS (10 books)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS, #5)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Thick & Thin (THIRDS, #8)
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)