Start by marking “Check, Please!: Year Two” as Want to Read:
Check, Please!: Year Two

Check, Please!: Year Two

(Check, Please! #2)

Check, Please! follows Eric “Bitty” Bittle, a former figure skater and baking enthusiast who joins Samwell University’s men’s ice hockey team. The first year of Check, Please! revolves around Bitty’s teammates, his life as a college freshman, and Bitty’s fear of getting checked, that is– hit–on the ice.
Published 2016

To ask other readers questions about Check, Please!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Check, Please!

Start your review of Check, Please!: Year Two
Kiki
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Excellent as ever. That cliffhanger nearly sent me into cardiac arrest.
Emma
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better and better.
I love every single character and I can't wait to read (in like 2 minutes) what the future has in store for them, now that two of the players graduated.
My poor heart just melted at the end of this second chapter.
(view spoiler)["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
Eloise
What a gem, this is.
Such a positive, feel-good, happy story revolving around the most loveable gay ice hockey player who loves to bake and loves his friends just as much.
available on the author's tumblr page : http://omgcheckplease.tumblr.com/epis... ENJOY.
more more more more more gimme more
Therese
so good. so good. loving the cliché vibe. the drawing. the mc. and his baking. and the secondary characters.
Manon the Malicious
So happy to read this now and not have to wait for Year 3.
Theodora Cristea
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
As I said in my year one review, I binge read this during winter break and have been obsessed ever since. I keep going back and rereading the webcomic in its entirety because I love it that much - and I believe most people would, too!

What makes this webcomic so great are the characters and their relationships, and if you read the extras as well as the comic itself, you get to see even more of their personalities and quirks.

If you read year one and enjoyed it, please carry on with this! It just
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read, 2018-read
Rereading before Year 4 begins. Pie and hockey and pure joy.
Sofia S.
Well, I've got to say the cuteness level definitely didn't go down. Bittle and his pies are so cute, I'm sorry. And how he can literally just make food appear is so funny. I guess I don't really have anything good & new to say about this that I haven't said in my review of Year One! It was still adorable, I still loved the characters, and Jack grew on me.
I still have to admit the lack of plot is a bit unsettling and I didn't like it that much, although it did improve in this one compared to th
Samuele
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would like to write a nice review, but after THIS ENDING all I can think of is:
WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT *dead*
The end
Alex
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
MY HEART IS SO FULL
Naw
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm fangirling and I have no shame.

Bye.
McKinlay
ERMAGERD!!! i'm so glad i can immediately move onto Year 3. ...more
Monica
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this ruined my life but saved it again
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

OMG. I loved this. I literally squealed at the ending.

Need to read Year Three ASAP.
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
I loved year two so much and can't wait for year three to be released. (Seriously, when is it coming?!) After the dramatic ending of year one, I didn't think this comic could get any cuter but it didn't disappoint. The character growth was heart-warming and watching Jack and Bittle's relationship develop into something open and loving was so uplifting.

If you want a sweet comic that will give you the warm fuzzies everytime you start reading, this is definitely the one for you.
Morgan (The Bookish Beagle)
WELL THIS WAS ADORABLE ESPECIALLY THAT ENDING!!! Get me the smelling salts ahhhhhh. The secondary characters really grew on me too, I love their dynamic and sense of humor. Esp Shitty (god, that name lol). Bitty continues to be the cutest and I love when his teammates call him Bits.
Maddy Max
I really love Bitty. He's so cute! ...more
Emmie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I also loved everything about this. It's just really good, guys. ...more
Virginia
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
y'all when he said "bless his heart" and those northern boys went "oh so he was nice?" LMFAOOO ...more
georgia ☽
i LOVE them

1st read: march 2016
2nd read: july 2018
Erica McGillivray
This series continues to be just delightful. Cannot wait to see what happens next. Was having a rough morning and sat down to read this to get out of my head. It was exactly what I needed.
Alice Rachel
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just so wonderful!!! More, please!
Cienna Lyon
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulously written group of accepting friends. I wish real life was more like this comic.
caroline gao
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
cute cute
Gaby
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
IS IT EVEN LEGAL FOR ANYTHING TO BE THIS UNBELIEVABLY ADORABLE? I'M NOT SURE BUT I'M BEYOND THRILLED IT EXISTS. ...more
Yuè
AND ANOTHER TIME
Giulia
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart... it can't take the cuteness. ...more
Soobie's scared
2019.03.22

Nope, not even a second reading made me change my mind. The story seems to go all over the place and more than once I had to reread the lines because I didn't understand them. And yeah, there was too much happening off screen.
-----

2019.03.21

OK, I have to admit that I was reading this and watching The Simpsons reruns at the same time. Somehow, the reruns managed to be way more interesting than the story.

This volume seems lacking something. I've already said that I don't like the single
Monika Cacev
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Man year two is a lot more intense than year one.

Check, Please! Year 2 is the second volume of the collected web comic by the same name, written and drawn by Ngozi Ukazu. It follows Bittie's sophomore year in Samwell College, and also Jack Zimmerman and Shitty's senior year.

Like year one, year two focuses mostly on Bittie and his relationships, though the one that becomes central to this year, is the one with Jack. There are hints here and there in year one, about how Bittie feels about Jack,
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Always Raining Here (Always Raining Here, #1)
  • Starfighter Chapter 1 (Starfighter, #1)
  • Starfighter Chapter 2 (Starfighter, #2)
  • Always Raining Here 02 (Always Raining Here, #2)
  • Starfighter Chapter 3 (Starfighter, #3)
  • Starfighter Chapter 4 (Starfighter, #4)
  • Fence, Vol. 4: Rivals
  • Starfighter Chapter 5 (Starfighter, #5)
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • Fence: Striking Distance
  • Fence #3 (Fence, #3)
  • Fence #2 (Fence, #2)
  • Fence #9 (Fence, #9)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Novae (Novae, #1)
  • Fence #4 (Fence, #4)
Ngozi Ukazu is the author of the online graphic novel series Check, Please!. She studied at Yale University and the Savannah College of Art and Design. ...more

Check, Please! (6 books)