Start by marking “The Girl of My Dreams” as Want to Read:
The Girl of My Dreams

The Girl of My Dreams

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  364 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
We are in the car She s looking at me. I can see the love in her eyes for me. Then a huge crash. She s flung out of the window. I m thrown out too. A pool of blood. Her eyes are still on me . . . but now it s a death stare. I am Daman and I wake up to this nightmare. Every. Single. Day. Waking up from a long coma Daman learns that he was in a massive car crash with a girl ...more
Published October 15th 2016 by Penguin Random House India

To ask other readers questions about The Girl of My Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl of My Dreams

Pooja Verma
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a great fan of Durjoy and love his books. This is also a wonderful story and I have read the whole book continuously in one sitting. Hope all of you too liked it. I have purchased it at great discount from amazon's deal category...
Avanthika
Sep 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
The "joy" in Durjoy ends with his name. Almost all his books lacks depth and maturity. Yet another mediocre love story.
Tanya Sahay
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How did I feel about this book :

I like how much effort has been put into creating Shreyasi. The whole mystery around her identity had me hooked. In the beginning, I expected to relate to Shreyasi, but I am not that sinister/wicked so I couldn’t put myself in her place to understand her character. The other female character is Avni and I could kind of relate to her. I understood why she did what she did. (I am trying to keep this spoiler-free).
Now let’s talk about our male protagonist here, Daman
Anmol Bhatia
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is insane! The protagonist is insane. She made me insane.
But what's good is the fresh story getting from Durjoy. I never miss out any of his books. No matter what he writes, I always pick up his new releases.
He tried his hand at a thrilling love story, I won't say he failed at it but he couldn't really bring it up that excellent. I enjoyed it a bit. I had been waiting for the climax and didn't get it till the last page!
Well, no spoilers here. Will be uploading the full review on my
Rajni Sahota
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
The stalking thing can give anyone goosebumps , the people get frightened by such things and someone with a reputation in society scared by such things the most, the novel share the problem and when reality hit us hard we don't know how to deal with it
Abhilash Ruhela
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

I love the timing of Durjoy Datta's books' releases. As soon as you start feeling that it has been a long time since you read his last book, you come to know that next one is about to be released. And Durjoy Datta's novels have that feeling which makes you nostalgic about your days when you started reading Indian authors initially and liked reading love stories which seemed realistic. Not many authors have come out of that zone of writing the typical love stories except few and Durjoy is defini
Hema Dadi
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book ..!!! One of the best durjoy's book.
Very interesting & thrilling end was fantastic.
Vikas
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Wow poor Daman, Avni and the Wicked Shreyashi. S is craaaaaaaazy. Wow what a wonderful book by Mr. Datta and I loved the play on the mental condition for our hero which made him very unpredictable.

Shreyashi was terrific and frightening what with her omni-presence (Read it and you would know). It was fun trying to figure out the real thing with Daman and other characters.

I loved reading about the writing and publishing process. Jayanti was a witch :P, no she was really powerful character loved
DaughterOfHades
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Durjoy keeps getting better and better with every book! And here I was, thinking World's Best Boyfriend would be my top favorite of his solo writing!

What's this book about?

Daman, Avni, Sumit and Jayanti have simple and happy lives until Shreya/ Ashi/ Reya/ Shreyasi decides to fuck them up. Why? Because Jayanti decided to screw with Shreyasi's amaze-balls personality! Things fire up and shit gets real!

What's so great about this book?
(This might have spoilers, I am not sure if I can keep it sp
Shrikanth Venne
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian-author
One of the best book of Durjoy Dutta. This story was of different genre rather than a love story which the author use to write. This is also love story but it includes suspense, thrill, psychoness of what love can do to you. 4 stars for the story line bt after sometime it was predictable it will happen like this. Liked the book it's a better read...
Ujjwal karn
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
After much time I got a durjoy datta flick which kept me held to itself.The girl of my dreams is story of Daman a debutant writer who becomes a sensation through his blogs on shreyasi- the girl of his dreams.However when published as a novel,the character of shreyasi changes from the editing team which compleately change her character.

And then Shreyasi whom Daman believed to be dead in an accident which left him in comma for months,comes from nowhere.
What follows is a thriller where Daman meets
Saurav Das
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Well it actually wasn't that bad.. Much better than Chetan Bhagat for sure.. The thriller style which the author adapted was exciting, and kept the pace of the book going. However browsing through the other titles of the author I wouldn't probably read his other works - the reason being that the titles are too cheesy and not in accordance with my taste. Reading this book was kind of an experiment to know the big deal about Durjoy Datta, and I'm happy to have chosen this book to judge his work. W ...more
Anmol Rawat
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
The Girl of My Dreams brings a genre change to Durjoy Datta's career, but it is hardly appealing. The plot is thin that addresses obsession. This is the reason why despite of a promising beginning, the book is not able to pull through the expectations. The plot twists are well predictable and do not work at least for me.

Overall, I did not enjoy reading the book. It could have been better even with the same concept. It also needs a decent editing I believe; can be shorter to give it a sharper edg
Chirag Malik
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
THE BOOK WAS INTERESTING UNTIL SHREYASI WAS STALKING DAMAN. WHEN THEY GOT INTO A MISERABLE RELATIONSHIP THE STORY TOOK A TURN TO EXTREME BOREDOM.BUT TOWARDS THE END IT GOT INTERESTING. THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK OF DURJOY DUTTA. I LIKED THE CONCEPT FROM THE BEGINNING THATS WHAT KEPT ME HOOKED TILL THE END. ALL AND ALL IT WAS A GOOD BOOK.
Rira
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not some cheesy romantic nonsense. This novel is refreshing, dark, diabolical and realistic. I am very impressed by the author for giving such a deserving story. I was completely duped during the climax. A very engaging and intriguing read.
Sheethal
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book review: The Girl of My Dreams by Durjoy Datta

This psychological thriller revolves around three leading characters - Daman, Shreyasi and Avni. Daman who suffers a memory loss after an accident gets constant nightmares of Shreyasi. Every nightmare has the same car, the same girl, the same name with the same climax of her death. As he struggles to give a fresh start to his life with his now girlfriend Avni, he decides to quit his job and chase his passion for writing forward with the lead char
Himanshu Singh
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
really a good story and very intresting characters.
Adityam Kumar
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have ever read
Pranky reads
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
yes there is a excitement to know about this shreyasi girl and the way the boy destroys himself in love and the way he struggles with his books, predictable kind of ending
Akash Bisen
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the best book by Durjoy Datta. Loved it.
Vijayalakshmi
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Well, Durjoy's books really keep you hooked onto them till the end, where you are suprised by some twist. If you are accustomed to reading his books on a regular basis, eventually you get used to that fact. For instance, 'The Girl Of My Dreams' was more like the movie 'Fan', the King Khan starrer, and eventually the plot of the story becomes evident.

In short: Guy has nightmares( due to a past accident), has a steady, supportive girlfriend, has a regular indian family which does not support his
Disha Manchekar
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I had stopped reading Durjoy Dutta's books because they had become rather too ridiculous and monotonous with cheesy love stories. I was searching for some good reads on kindle and came across this one. After a span of four years, I read this latest book by him!
It's a totally nut cracker love story! So crazy! In the beginning I thought it somewhere relates to Gone Girl. But later I was like nah maybe this is different and yes it is! I totally enjoyed this love story! Loved the ending! T
Vivek Wagh
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thrilling page turner. could not put the book down without completing it. I was addicted to finish it.
Saksham Modi
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
great story filled with twist and turns but with common main stream Indian writing, and the twist feels like they are just dropped out of nowhere with out any build up... writing is bad!
Merrybrains Book Reviews
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Daman, who has met with a massive car accident with a beautiful hazy faced, hypnotic eyes girl named Shreyasi in the car who vanished soon after the accident but has fallen in love with her. But he strangely remembers only her face and eyes after he wakes up from a Coma.He believes she is the girl of his dreams. To find her he starts his own blog of his memories with her which becomes very popular and is published into a book later.Then a woman claims to be that girl and starts stalking him.It l ...more
Sudharshaun Villa
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is the 5th book of durjoy that i read. It was a perfect romantic thriller, the characters are strong. Especially shreyasi, it was amazing. It is sure a page turner. Each and every chapter comes with a twist at the end without any logic loop holes except a last few chapters that tells about Daman. Each and every character given equal importance Avni,Sumit,Jayanthi. Even Karthik a writer would come in the book, He has been sketched neatly. for the first time, i found durjoy's book wasn't draggy ...more
Chandana Sruthi
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian-reads
I like the plot of the story.
Shambhavi Juyal
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
girl of my dreams .i really loved the book.its different .its not like other love story .which somehow have kind of same theme .its more passionate its about love and revenge . <3 .
i have to concentrte reading the book in the beginning but once u read first few chapters ,u will love to read the rest .
The book is full of suspense which was not suspense but a suprise for a reader
DAMAN the main guy in the according to my imagination looks like durjoy datta :p
he is confused.in love with avni an
Vowelor Books
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Durjoy Datta is back with his next book ‘The Girl of My Dreams’ which is an unusual love story. The Girl of My Dreams by Durjoy Datta is about Daman who had a memory lapse post a huge car crash involving Shreyasi, who disappears after the accident leaving him for dead.

Daman, fortunately, recovers from the coma but wakes up to the horrible dream of the accident every single morning. All he could remember is a blurry face, her hypnotic stare and her name.

Struggling with all the dreams, Daman start
Jaskirat Saini
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book was very promising at the beginning but it lost the charm of being a thriller somewhere in the middle and failed to pick it up after that.
I kept waiting for eureka moment till the very end but it never felt it. The characters were very interesting along with the plot in the beginning but as book progressed they kept getting dull and very predictable. Also, a strong character like Shreyasi was fooled so easily was another let down for the book.
Nothing was explained in detail, none of t

Fiction Deals

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • The Man He Never Was: A Modern Reimagining of Jekyll and Hyde
  • The Year We Left Home
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Whip
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Written on the Body
    $6.99 $1.99
  • 223 Orchard Street
  • No One Is Coming to Save Us
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)