Start by marking “Amber (Stone Pack, #1)” as Want to Read:
Amber (Stone Pack, #1)

Amber

(Stone Pack #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  208 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
“I never wanted this, but I want you.”

An attack one night in the mountains left Amber changed forever, or at least changed every full moon. Confused and afraid, she turns to the Internet for a cure. Instead she discovers a small town with a doctor whose research could give her back her life. So she bought a cottage, made a plan, and moved.

Jasper grew up knowing the firs
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Amber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amber

Siobhan
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Truthfully, I enjoyed this one more than I’d initially anticipated.

Amber is the first in the Stone Pack series, and it’s a great introduction to this world of wolf shifters. It’s short enough to be completed with ease. It’s interesting enough to keep you hooked throughout. It opens up enough of the world to leave you wanting to read the next book. As a whole, it was a great little read. It wasn’t perfect, but it was more than I’d anticipated.

There are many clichés in this book, but do not let su
Jenny Prose
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot alpha

What happens when your attached one night but survive only to turn into the same monster a month later? You do you dampest to learn and hide. Amber is such a great character, funny and smart and real. I really enjoyed this story, and it would of been so much better without all the stupid grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
Shasha
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: quickie-hea, typos
Okay but needs polish

While the story started out okay, there were odd sentences and awkward dialogue that didn't feel real. One whole paragraph was written in first person while the rest is in third.
I didn't care for the way the way the heroine is brought to the pack or the pitiful attempt at explaining her new life. And what was with the insinuation that they had to mate as wolves?!

Mature content
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
An enjoyable read

Nothing to get overly excited about. I have to say the the mixing og first and third POV was a bit annoying. I was not sure if I was reading things correctly. Overall the story was likeable when it got going.
Cassie
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This read only took a couple of hours to get through, but was totally addicting. Amber is pretty smart, even though a couple characters call her dense. The pack itself brings a good dynamic to the story. Jasper is a good Alpha overall. I really enjoyed the comical relief that the supporting characters added to the story and they played just as much a role as the main characters in my opinion. I actually hope several get their own books in the series. The only real fault I had was the author seem ...more
NerdyFloraleReads
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being a supernatural creature sounds awesome and all but it's difficult when you don't understand what exactly is happening to you.🐾 So I get Amber's need to feel normal again. She's alone with this. She doesn't have anyone to confide in. She wants what every one hopes to find one day. True Love.❤ But to also live a full life where she isn't afraid of herself because of this curse placed upon her. So looking for a cure seems the way to go. Jasper wasn't looking for his mate. Honestly he didn't r ...more
Eleni
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
"Turning, she he tried to figure out what had aroused her beast. A man with long, dark, shoulder length hair walked toward the convenience store."
Misty l Otto
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

A great quick read. It has a lot going on. Mystery, murder, a new wolf. Great family dynamic and some steam
Susan
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting story, could have been so much more developed.
Rox
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh. Jasper started out as a world class prick to me. Only redeeming feature was the patience he showed his mate. Other than that, found the story to be bland.
Victoria
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Allison Gill
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Book 1 in the Stone Pack series,

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I felt at first that it might have been better for a younger reader, but the more I read, the more I realised I was wrong.
Amber is a strong young woman that has had a rough time with her parents passing away and then being bitten by a wolf. Moving away from her life and her brother is hard.
Jasper is an alpha with no plans to ever find a mate. Fate could have other ideas.
As with all good books, there is a bad guy who
Kristen Lewendon
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick, entertaining read. I don't think I've seen wolf shifters handled in quite this way before. It was an intriguing approach to a paranormal creature that's seeing a lot of popularity of late. The sparks fly from the time Amber and Jasper first try to resist each other and it makes for some laugh-out-loud banter. I really enjoyed watching these two and their relationship. Though it was one of the secondary characters that stole the show for me: I adored Zoey.
I received a compliment
Aviar Savijon
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amber

A shifters delight as the many plot evolve and transition to a marvelous story as the love story continues between Amber and Jasper. .As well as a great suspenseful mystery of the not so nice doctor's true motives.
SJ
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this story, it had everything in it, excitement, love, romance. The characters were great and interacted well, the plot was fantastic and at a nice pace.

I found the story to be sweet and romantic with some thrills along the way.

Looking forward to the next one, as this was a lovely well written story.
Kym
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was a great introduction to the Stone Pack! Amber was attacked while hiking in the mountains near Seattle. Seeking a "cure" to her affliction that happens every full moon, she heads off to a small town in the hopes of finding and working with a doctor who supposedly is working on a cure.
There, she meets Jasper, the alpha leader of the local Pack. Unbeknownst to her at the time, all is not what it seems to be in the small town, beginning with Jasper.
I loved the character development here,
Amy
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2 Thumbs-up!!

Great characters and story line. A beautiful love story and tragedy all in one. An awesome read! 2 thumbs thumbs-up! I can't wait to start reading book 2.
Tracie Simister
Title: Amber
Series: (Stone Pack Book 1)
Genre: Paranormal Shifter Romance, Romance
Author: Lexi James
Format: E-book
Published: Sep 21, 2016
Rating: 4.5 ✩'s

➵aaaaaaaaa➵
Main Character’s Descriptions:
Amber is or was a human but is now a shifter but thinks she is a werewolf
Jasper is the Alpha of the Stone Pack
➵aaaaaaaaa➵
Summary Paragraph:
Amber while waiting for her brother decides to go for a walk and ends up getting bit by a wolf. What she doesn’t know is that the wolf is actually a shifter. She figur
Lyn Mckenzie
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, i absolutely adored this book!!! So much so that i read it in an afternoon! This author is extremely talented and i am now dying to read more of her books, especially if they are anything like this book! I voluntarily reviewed this book and am super glad that i did!

This is a must read book, it's very compelling and as soon as you start it you can't stop reading, there is a need to keep on turning the pages just to find out what happens next. It really is an addictive read, it's fast paced a
Shelly Celli
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute and sweet

Great book! I love Amber's spunkiness, and determination. She's gone for what she wants, the possibility to find a cure for her after being bitten by a shifter. Withe everything Jasper saw his father go through once is mother passed, he's determined never to take a mate...he just doesn't realize he really doesn't have a choice. Amber is his mate and his wolf is making sure he knows it and he can't deny it if he wanted to. The crazy doctor she works for is grasping at all he can to
Karen
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Amber and Jasper

This is a short standalone paranormal romance series opener. It has a number of grammatical errors, missing words and bonus words, but the storyline is good. Amber Wesley was turned into a wolf shifter when she was attacked while hiking. She has moved from Seattle to a small town several hours away to seek out the help of a doctor who is reportedly working on a cure. Jasper Stone is the town's sheriff and the local pack's Alpha. He has been investigating disappearances of some of
Becky Baldridge
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked the story of Amber and Jasper and Lexi James does a good job of drawing the reader in. This was an interesting take on wolf shifters and pack dynamics. The story itself would've earned five stars, if not for the editing. As the book went on, the editing got worse, almost like it was rushed in the second half of the book. Missing words, misspellings, and even shifting from third person to first person became a distraction. The banter between Amber and Jasper as they felt their way ...more
Christine Woinich
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story a lot. Amber is dealing with an unexpected change in her life the best she knows how. She is drawn to a small town and a rundown house. She meets Jasper who is the Alpha of his pack. As she learns about herself from him and the pack, the two give into their attraction. Amber is strong but so worried about what others think. Once she accepts who she now is, her strength comes through when needed. I loved how Jasper actually lowered himself to gain Amber's trust and acceptance ...more
Sharon M.
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the characters and the chemistry between them. Amber moves into a run-down house in the woods where she can get away from people. Jasper is the alpha of his pack and determined not to take a mate. When they meet...sparks fly.

Jasper has to help Amber understand her new life. But he is not the only one who wants Amber...but the other man does not want Amber in the same way. He could kill her.

Read the story and find out what happens. I'm waiting for the next book in the series to come out s
Epiphany
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lexi-james
This is the first book I have read by Lexi James and it won't be the last. This is a short fun read that you can start and finish in an afternoon or an evening. There is so many things that happen in this book it seemed like I was reading a longer novel. Lexi James has a real talent for paranormal romance.
The characters and the story line are well developed and made for a most enjoyable read. I highly recommend this book.
Linda  Johnston
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Reviews

I enjoyed the book it was interesting story line. Amber was bitten by a wolf while her brother and her on vacation. She lived in Seattle and decided to move because she started shifting into a wolf. She met Stone and realist they were mates. She went to work for the Dr. Because he said he had a cure but they found out that a lot of the member were missing and getting killed
Sue Davis
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really Loved This Story

Wonderful storyline, from the fear of an attack leaving her a wolf shifter (and not knowing what was really happening), leaving to live a lonely life alone in fear. To finding real love, family, friends but mostly people to teach her and except her into her new world. I really hope to read more like this.
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW

This book was so much fun to read. I was so lost in the story I lost track of time. We meet a woman who is trying to come to terms with who and what she is now after being attacked. She moved to a new town to see if there was a cure. What she found was so much more. Will she accept her new life or fight it? What will happen next?
Debra Lamey
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How to be a wolf shifter.

This book was somewhat different from my usual shifter stories. Amber didn't know she was a wolf shifter, not a werewolf. It seems a werewolf walks on two legs, a shifter walks like their animal. Jasper, the alpha, falls in love with Amber and has to teach her how to embrace her wolf. A sweet love story I would recommend to anyone.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »