Start by marking “Tempted By a Touch (An Unlikely Hero #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempted By a Touch (An Unlikely Hero #2)

Tempted By a Touch

(An Unlikely Hero #2)

People keep dying around Harper MacLain. Try as she might, she can’t stop bad things from happening to those she loves. When her closely guarded secret lands her in the middle of her ex-boyfriend’s investigation, she’s in over her head. She hates that Detective Lucas Sullivan is in her life again, tempting her to fall back into bad habits…and his bed.

When Harper left him,
Published October 24th 2016 by Entangled Publishing (Select Suspense)

To ask other readers questions about Tempted By a Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted By a Touch

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

Trouble seems to follow Harper MacLain wherever she goes. Her overly trusting personality and trying everything to protect those she loves has landed her in a whole heap of trouble. Thrust into her ex-boyfriend Detective Lucas Sullivan's case. She fights the temptation to fall back into bad habits… and his bed.

Detective Lucas Sullivan buried himself in his work when Harper left him. The year apart has left him confused and hurting. Now danger has found Harper and Lucas knows he'll do anything to
Natalie The Biblioholic
Ever since I read Betrayed by a Kiss back in August, this author has been on my radar. I eagerly awaited her next book in this series and I was NOT disappointed. Crazily intense chemistry and the push and pull of remembered pain and heartbreak were the makings of the relationship between the main characters. Could they risk it all, life and limb, for a second chance together?

Harper MacLain (sister of Dane from Book One) is up to her neck in trouble. Fooled by Joe (a bad guy from Book One), she's
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below!Lots of action and mystery; I struggled to really 'believe' in the H and h. See full review on The Book Disciple
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I have mixed feelings about this book. It could be because I did not read book number one and that is critical to understand the concept of the story. I think that is a part two of the series needs to be highlighted a bit more so that the reader understands they're going to be missing a big portion of the plot should they decide to pick up this book.

With that said, it took me a bit to get into the story and understand what was going on. Once I did, I began to really enjoy the story. There are pl
Teresa
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
**I received a copy of Tempted by a Touch via Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary review of this book**

Tempted By a Touch is book two of the Unlikely Hero series by Kris Rafferty. I highly recommend reading the first book, Betrayed by a Kiss before diving into this book as it begins where the other one left off. This book focuses on Harper Mac Lain and Lucas Sullivan, I give the book 4.9 stars and there is a hint of who the next book will be about at the end.

Harper Mac Lain is starting to won
Nikki Brooks
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't realise that this was the 2nd book in an arc but I really enjoyed it and didn't feel too much out of the loop as there was enough recap within to wrap my head around.

Harper has had a tough year or so. She lost her sister-in-law, dumped her boyfriend, returned to her hometown and had to watch as someone she regarded as a friend ripped her family apart from the inside. But more than that she has to deal with the fact that she may have been instrumental in giving information to the traitor
Shahla's World
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
**I received a copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review**

Tempted by a touch written by Kris Rafferty book#2 in “An Unlike Hero Series”

This was my first book by Kris Rafferty; I suggest to read “Betrayed by a kiss” before you will start this book.

Harper and Lucas dated for a while and both felt their their soul deep connection. Unfortunately, their ideas for what their future together should look like were vastly different, and Harper felt she had to let go. Lucas is st
Dawn Herring
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story a lot. The characters have a strong connection, and I liked them both so much. Too many times, I like either the male or female lead, but not both. In this case, both characters are extremely likeable and relatable, and the reader can't help but root for their HEA. I read this as a standalone and definitely was aware that I was missing out on things that had happened in the book prior, but that didn't make me like the book any less. In fact, it made me really want to read th ...more
Lori
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! There was a lot to this story and a lot to pay attention to. I was really interested in how the story would play out, who was innocent, who was not, would Lucas and Harper find their happy ever after, what other secrets did everyone have?? Such a fun and exciting, not to mention sexy roller coaster of a ride. I loved how Lucas went into straight protector mode from the very beginning of their story. Harper was also a protector of both her family and Lucas. And they both so easily fell back ...more
Heather 123
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Much like the first book in this series, this one was disappointing. It was confusing at times with the various characters in and out of the book. Apparently Harper thought keeping important secrets was the best way to keep herself safe even when these secrets have a direct impact on her well being.

I struggled relating to the characters and feeling any type of a connection between them.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
C bond
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
via netgalley

really liked this book. good continuation
Elizabeth Neal
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer: This is the second book in the Unlikely Heroes series. While this could be read as a standalone due to the author supplying enough information to keep new readers in the loop, I highly recommend reading book one, Betrayed by a Kiss, first.**

A little over a year ago, Lucas, a detective, and Harper, working toward her teaching degree, met and the attraction was instantaneous, eventually leading to their living together. However, though they loved each other, it seemed as though they
Jessica
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of this series. There are so many hidden secrets and dark truths to be uncovered that once I start reading, I can't stop. It's freaking awesome and highly addictive. I couldn't wait to see what Kris Rafferty had in store for me with the second installment, Tempted by a Touch.

First off - this book should definitely not be read as a standalone even though it tells the adventurous tale of a different couple than the two who star in Betrayed by a Kiss. Without the introduction of
Brigitte
This is a continuation of book one and although it might be read as a standalone, it would be advisable to read book one first to get the full picture.

Lucas is a detective and has been working on a case involving corrupt cops.

Harper has a part time job whilst applying for a more permanent one. The past year hasn't been easy for her due to the same case which Lucas is investigating.

They were lovers until a year ago but Harper has been avoiding Lucas because she doesn't think they have a future
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
A complicated second chance…
Harper and Lucas were once a thing. Until they weren’t… They both had different ideas on what their future held so parting ways was probably the smart thing to do. Even if they both haven’t really moved on. This is the plot within a plot as they are brought together in a story rife with suspense and questions, not knowing who they could trust. Not even each other…
“Harper was freebasing worry.”
And she isn’t the only one! This plot has twists and turns galore as the elu
Katie
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 star review
Reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books blog.
Tempted by a Touch is the second book in ‘An unlikely Hero’ series by Kris Rafferty. To fully understand the story you do need to read book 1 in the series first.
So this is Harper’s story and we first meet her in the first book as she is Dane’s story. Towards the end we find out that she has some secrets and they are revealed in this book. I was really looking forward to this book as I absolutely loved book 1 but unfortunately for
Mommaleena
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-be-read-again

•Choices
As I finish reading TEMPTED BY A TOUCH, I find myself still shaking my head and chuckling. I thoroughly enjoyed all the twists and turns this story provided. Although this is the 2nd book in the An Unlikely Hero series, each book is a standalone, full length story that can be enjoyed out of order. I still need to read book 1~ BETRAYED BY A KISS! I didn't feel lost by not reading book 1 first, GREAT JOB Kris Rafferty!!
Series Order:
Book #1 Betrayed by a Kiss
Book #3 Tempted by a Touch
Det
Fizza
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
It’s suspenseful romance novel. Lucas is a cop who is trying to apprehend dirty cops in his precinct. Things get very dangerous after Joe is murdered under the watch of police officers. His job is important to Lucas but more important is the safety of woman he loves. Now her life is danger because everyone things she has the evidence required to close this case. Unfortunately, she has no clue about anything. She is just trying to keep her brother, Dane, from finding out the role she played in hi ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Tempted by a Touch is well written with lots of action and suspense woven in with steamy moments and emotional ties. Because I haven't read the first book of this series, I have to admit I was a bit lost in the beginning, but after I was into it a bit more I got past feeling lost. Detective Lucas Sullivan is determined to protect his ex, Harper MacLain. He still loves her and even followed her to Manchester just to be near her. But, Harper is just as determined to stay away from him; she wants t ...more
Patricia
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Definitely not a new concept but a great read anyway.

With a focused yet innocent outlook on life, Harper is a refreshing character. When she learns that her relationship with Lucas has no hope of fitting into her goals of family and children, she does the only thing her heart will allow her and moves on.

Lucas is a cop, honest, hard working and gives 100% to his job. He loves Harper but knows as a cop marriages rarely last and his dad is proof of that. So he decides to live in the here and now.
Sparkymom
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having not read the first book in this series, I must admit to feeling a bit out of the loop at first. It's almost as if this book just picks up right in the middle of where book one left off. Thankfully, everything eventually recaps, and I caught up to the ongoing parts of the storyline quickly. Harper and Lucas dated for a while and both felt their their soul deep connection. Unfortunately, their ideas for what their future together should look like were vastly different, and Harper felt she h ...more
Samantha Bilodeau
This is the second book in the Unlikely Hero series, and is a standalone, but I think that reading the first book would make this one a bit less confusing at first, since this is another piece to the puzzle we are introduced to in "Betrayed By a Kiss".

There is a lot of mystery to be unraveled with this story, and it's got fantastic twists and turns that you won't see coming!

Harper is the sister of an ex-cop who got himself thrown into the middle of a seriously tangled web of corrupt cops and cor
P.e. lolo
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Harper MacLaine and Lucas Sullivan dated and the night he was trying to figure out how to propose she broke up with him and moved from Boston to another town. Fast forward a year later and so much has happened in her life to her family and to top it off there is Lucas standing at her curb to take her to the police station to talk with a bad cop that used her to get information about her brother’s cases, and now he wants to talk to her. She only wants to do it so she can somehow make something ri ...more
Denise Van plew
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ugh seems to be my down fall of late on some of these series books-first miss that fact before I start and second smack my head when I realize it and am a quarter of the way in. Thank goodness in this one though she does supply enough info to where you are not drowning in dumbness but I know it would of been way better with it. In this one trouble has come to her and Harper finds herself in a pickle and close again to her past Detective Lucas. Stubborness will be a big factor here also because t ...more
Denise Wengert
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Harper left Lucas because she finally realized that he would never want the family she has always wanted. Since then Harper and her family have gone through deaths, kidnapping, and betrayal and she couldn't turn to Lucas for help. However, when she lands in the middle of his investigation and he has to protect her, the old feelings and attraction come rushing back. With secrets, lies, and the investigation getting in the way, can they ever be happy?

So I thought this book started off pretty slow.
Jennifer Schultheis
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Tempted By a Touch by Kris Rafferty is a good read filled with suspenseful moments. I had a little trouble getting into this story, but that could be due to the fact that this is the second book in the series. The one thing that I really liked about this story was that I had no clue who the bad guys were. The author keeps you out of the loop until it’s all wrapped up. The romance part of the story was done very well and I’m glad everything ended how it should. I am looking forward to reading the ...more
Anna
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
***ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

While some have said this is a standalone, others have said you need to read #1 before you read this one. I would wholeheartedly agree you need to read #1 first. I felt lost for most of the book without the history or background of #1's storyline which was very prevalent in #2. I wish it had been made clear to me in NetGalley that this was part of a series.

Maybe it's the series issue but I felt a disconnect between the MCs. There wa
Heike
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

Tempted by a touch written by Kris Rafferty book#2 in “An Unlike Hero Series”

Will there be a second chance for Lucas? To find out you have to read this awesome written book/series!
This was my first Kris Rafferty, but it won’t be my last! I liked the way this book was written, it caught my attention from
Vero Stro
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is Book 2 in the "An Unlikely Hero" Series. This book picks up exactly where the first one finished. Harper has left Lucas when she realized that they want different things, he will never want the family she craves. Then everything happens. There are deaths, kidnapping, betrayals and all kind of bad things happening. Now he needs to protect her because she is in the middle of his investigation. The attraction is stronger than ever. But things won't be easy for them.

Interesting read. Lots of
Kim Vanravenswaay
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read Betrayed By a Kiss, then I suggest that you read it before reading Tempted By a Touch. This book picks right up where Betrayed By a Kiss ends.
Secrets, so many secrets. And who do you trust? Harper knows that she should trust Lucas. Even when evidence shows her not to. A second chance for Lucas to make things right with Harper. Now he just has to make sure he doesn't screw it up. And keeping both of them alive would be nice too.
Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts. My Boston accent grows worse the deeper south I move. Eight books published. All romantic suspense. You can find me on FB and twitter. Sometimes on Insta.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/krisrafferty...

An Unlikely Hero (3 books)
  • Betrayed by a Kiss (An Unlikely Hero, #1)
  • Seduced by Sin (An Unlikely Hero, #3)