Start by marking “Teen Titans: Rebirth #1” as Want to Read:
Teen Titans: Rebirth #1

Teen Titans: Rebirth #1

(DC Universe: Rebirth)

The Teen Titans are farther apart than ever before…until Damian Wayne recruits Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and the new Kid Flash to join him in a fight against his own grandfather, Ra’s al Ghul! But true leadership is more than just calling the shots-is Robin really up to the task? Or will the Teen Titans dismiss this diminutive dictator?
Published September 28th 2016 by DC

To ask other readers questions about Teen Titans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teen Titans

Hannah
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Story: With the death (wink wink) of Tim Drake the Teen Titans pretty much disbanded, they each went their separate ways. One by one Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and the new Kid Flash are all taken but it’s not by some nefarious mastermind…ok well they are but Damian ultimately had a good purpose for it. Damian Wayne wants the Teen Titans to get back together again with him in charge. As Robin, Damian is ready to follow in the footsteps of his predecessors he’s thirteen now and ready t
Chelsea
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was pretty interesting. I'm not sure the history of the Teen Titans in Rebirth but I'll definitely read the next issue. I love Damian so of course I'm in. I love Starfire's outfit in this series.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bruce being presented as an absentee father. I'm sure this is partly to explain why Damian's on a quest for friends. Was this written before Super Sons issue #10 of Superman? Because he's going to team up with Jon in the new series and he's also going to be a Teen Tita
Batastrophe
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm a pretty big Damian Wayne fan, so I was excited for this series to start and to see what DC was going to do with Damian in Rebirth. I was happy to see that they seem to picking up somewhere along the lines where they left off with him, if the inclusion of Goliath is anything to go on. But Damian isn't really in this issue very much, so let's move on.

The issue really focuses on introducing the other four members of the Teen Titans--Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven, and Kid Flash. It honestly wasn'
mike andrews
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was on the fence about collecting this but I'm glad I got the first one. Great into and awesome characters.
Amber
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fucking dork...

I'm not so sure on the character designs, but I'm digging the vibes, and definitely digging the cover art. Great opening issue!
Jordanne ~ Bloodthirsty Little Beasts Blog ~
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Just awesome, need to read more DC comics, I tend to stick to Marvel but this has changed that.
Kelly Chaplin
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally, there's a Teen Titans story that echoes my love for the original Cartoon Network Teen Titans. Damian is the leader of this team, which I didn't think I'd like, but (SURPRISE) I absolutely loved that kid! No Cyborg, but Kid Flash is delightful. All of the other characters pretty much mirrored what I knew of the characters's personalities.

On top of it all, the artwork is stunning! Man, action scenes are beyond beautiful and are accompanied with classic comic book puns and jokes.

Refreshi
Fireured
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Started off really interesting with the new character introductions of your classic (and not so classic) characters. You find out some of these new Titans have seen some stuff already, enough to make them hesitant to be apart of a team. The story is good albeit a different villain could have been chosen for a first enemy due to how easily such a well-known and powerful character is taken down by five teens who just met each other, something that is very unbelievable. The switching of artists als ...more
Kaotic
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I've been a long collector of Teen Titans comics, so I had to get this when it came out.

And it's not bad so far. Damian is the little brat we know and love, and their all dealing with inner demons. And the death of Tim.

A good start.
Tsacha
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Kind of felt like the author(s) couldn't decide if they wanted to focus on character development or action. Damien also got all soft waaaaayyyyy too easily. I expected him to be a jerk and not let his guard down that easily. Everything felt rushed, but I wouldn't mind reading more.
Vinton Bayne
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
My love for Super Sons #1 led me here looking for more as I wait for issue #2. There was a lot of good humor here and some good introductions but I'm not sure that I would be excited about continuing this title if I wasn't already a big fan of the Teen Titans from other media and of Damian from other comics. That last page was a really good hook though.
Wayne McCoy
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Teen Titans: Rebirth #1' by Benjamin Percy with art by Jonboy Meyers is a chance to get the team together again.

The story has individual stories of what some of the former members have been doing. Beast Boy is partying and spending his uncle's money. Starfire is looking into human trafficking. Raven is checking out an art museum after hours. Kid Flash is stopping a thief (if he doesn't get suspected of the crime first). They will all come together at the end of the issue, but how is for you to
Andrew
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Really, really enjoyed this. Sure, it's just an introduction to the team, but each little nugget we got for each character interested me, enough that I wouldn't necessarily mind reading a whole comic arc just on that.

And if that's how much I enjoyed just the individual introductions, I'm really excited to see where this series goes with all the characters together.
Julio Bonilla
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a coincidence! Damien Wayne just went from Robin, THE son of Batman, to the villain. No wonder Robin's series ended (I lost interest, didn't read last issue)!
Kiarra
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Ugh, I really wanted to like this. The New Teen Titans was my first comic book experience (besides the manga of my pre-adolescent days) and I have such a deep love for these characters. It's hard for me to see a Teen Titans without Dick Grayson or Cyborg, but I was willing to look past that. Or so I thought.

This was entirely the Damien West show, which sure, he's Robin, but is he really that all-powerful? I didn't like that he overpowered everyone else so easily -- especially Starfire because s
Sarah Teal
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I was against the idea of a universal reboot, but I have to say, this helped change my mind. For starters, this is (nearly) the Teen Titans I grew up with, so the nostalgia is there. I also like the characterizations of Starfire and Raven much better than their new 52 versions. (Starfire isn't a sex-obsessed sociopath wearing 1/3 of an outfit!) The attempt to appeal to teens is noticeable with an anime-inspired art style and honestly, the pop-culture references don't really do it for me, but ...more
Maurice Jr.
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story was great, but the artwork in my opinion was horrible. That should be reserved for the TV cartoon, not inflicted on comic book readers.

In any event, this was a good look at Damien Wayne post-Rebirth as he seeks his destiny. It's his 13th birthday, and as he sees the rest of his life stretching before him, he has a threat from his past to deal with before he can make any long-term plans.

He gathers Beast Boy, Kid Flash, Raven and Starfire in an attempt to resolve both issues- deal with
Helen Kord
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, arc
Review copy provided by NetGalley

The story of this book is not original: a group of people who barely know each other have to overcome their differences to defeat their enemies. The only thing that saved it from being completely forgettable was Damian and his character arc. He was well-written, his goals and relationships clear and touching. He went from cocky self-assured lone wolf to someone willing to sacrifice himself for his friends. He easily stole the whole book and every page with him wa
Miguel
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Wonderful art meets a promising premise as Damian organizes Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and New 52 Kid Flash in a new team of Teen Titans. Drawing some clear inspiration from animated iterations of the team, this issue does a fair job of presenting solid background for each newly recruited team member. Though Starfire's recollections about Dick don't exactly line up with the concurrently running Titans series, I imagine Percy and Abnett will get their stories straight as Teen Titans continues.
Brad McKenna
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
The more I read about Damien the more I like him. Here he follows in previous Robins' bootsteps and forms the Teen Titans.

I like how DC took a page from the Flash TV show and made Kid Flash black...though I'm not sure who he is.

Raven was my favorite character from the TT animated series.

Beast Boy is a fun character, with a little more depth than I expected.

Starfire, though, seems a little out of place. How can she still be a teen?

In any event pitting the new Titans against Ra's ah Gul made f
Higor Hebert
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fui a praça para chorar sozinho e acabei comprando isso e lendo de novo.
Acho que gostei mais do que a primeira vez. Damian ainda não é nunca será tão bom quanto na época que o Morrison escrevia, mas até que não passei raiva com ele dessa vez. Talvez porque estava lendo em um momento que estava sentindo o mesmo que ele senta na primeira edição. Ainda odeio como ele reúne os titãs, mas aprendi a aceitar. Também acho estupido o Ra's ser o primeiro vilão deles, mas também, aprendi a aceitar no cont
Ben
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This was my first rebirth trade, and I think I made a good decision in picking it up.

Percy has a fairly good understanding of Damian as a character and illustrates his development well. Jonboy Meyer's unique artstyle appealed to me, whereas the rest of the artists were subpar. Good characterization of Kori, Raven, and Wally, and okay characterization of Garfield.
Darlene
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the direction the Teen Titans are taking with Robin. Now, I can see how he is like batman but has to overcome the shadow of him, to become his own person. I look forward to other issues of this to read.
Shaun
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I honestly enjoy Damian Wayne as a character. One can never go wrong with the Teen Titans. Classic Titans like Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire are on the team. Newer characters like Kid Flash and Damian complete the roster. A pretty fun story overall.
Sean Goh
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Damian is cool.
Emily
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was so perfect. Loving on the new direction for the characters and completely obsessed with Jonboy Meyer's artwork!
USB
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this Teen Titans: Rebirth series
Ashe
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love my son even though he is such a little shit.
Youssef Almkari
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-comics
Loved the art. The first issue build up is forgettable. Just kind of setting up the scene. Might come back to this when it is a full story arc graphic novel.
Megan Fitzgerald
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok

So I decided to pick up the rebirth for DC comics but I just feel that this fell so flat.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Super Sons, Volume 1: When I Grow Up
  • The Flash #1
  • Batman #6
  • Dark Days: The Forge #1
  • Detective Comics #934
  • Marvel Zombies Destroy!
  • Batman '66 #1
  • Tiny Titans, Volume 5: Field Trippin'
  • Batman's Dark Secret
  • Aliens 30th Anniversary: The Original Comics Series
  • Justice League: A Midsummer's Nightmare
  • The Crow: Special Edition
  • Nightwing: A Darker Shade of Justice
  • Scars (Orbital #1)
  • Batman: Anarky
  • Black AF: America's Sweetheart (Black Volume 1)
  • Love is the Law
  • The Superior Spider-Man, Volume 1
Benjamin Percy is the author of four novels, The Dark Net (HMH, 2017), The Dead Lands (Grand Central, 2015), Red Moon (Grand Central, 2013) and The Wilding (Graywolf Press, 2010), as well as two books of short stories -- Refresh, Refresh and The Language of Elk -- and a craft book, Thrill Me: Essays on Fiction. His fiction and nonfiction have been published in Esquire (where he is a contributing e ...more

DC Universe: Rebirth (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • DC Universe: Rebirth #1