Start by marking “Ace” as Want to Read:

Ace

He’s everything I ever wanted. So why can’t I tell him the truth?

WARNING: This book contains dark and disturbing themes, strong language and over the top sexiness that may be uncomfortable for some readers!

----------

I couldn't explain why I always had to lie to people I cared about. Was I trying to protect him? And the sorrow in his eyes when I told him that Kimmy w
Published September 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Ace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ace

Adiehardbearfan Da bears
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ryan is a football star and his life should mean something to him but he's actually unhappy. He's missing a part of him and he knows that part is Scarlet.

Scarlet had her life set to attend a music university only her plans were cancelled. She stopped talking to her best friend Lisa and told Ryan that she didn't want to see or talk to him anymore.

Now after 4 years, Lisa has asked Scarlet to come to her wedding. The only things Scarlet fears is the truth coming out and everyone hating her especi
Kim
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: free, read-in-2016
This doesn't contain dark and dangerous themes. It contains some too stupid to live characters. Aside from the characters having a past together, I have no idea what anyone sees in anyone else. The hero drinks when he is upset. He sleeps with just about anyone. The heroine makes a martyr of herself. She lies throughout the story about everything. But, especially about her daughter. The hero gets drunk at a bar with some friends, sticks his hand up a strange woman's skirt and then decides he want ...more
Samantha
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute.

So this was a super short and cute little read. Though it was short I still liked both the characters and thought Ryan was super sweet.
Karen Davis
Jan 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Could not get into

Sorry, the character development was lacking and there were to many grammatical errors. I finally started bypassing the filler words and just read the conversational portions.
Jenn
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Rebecca Barber
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was great but it was over way too quickly!

Looking forward to finding more from this author!
Ashley Usadel
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Good books I don't like how short they are but they are still good stories. Love the characters as well.
Stacey Timmons
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance romance with a HEA! I enjoyed this book. it was sweet and perfect for me. I would have liked this book to be a bit longer though. I would liked it to have a more depth to they story but overall it was a quick happy read. I would read a longer version of this book.
Tracie Simister
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Main Character’s Descriptions:
Ryan “Ace” e is a football star who needs a vacation from the Hollywood lifestyle so he heads home
Scarlett She works two jobs to support her and her daughter
Summary paragraph:
Everything was going okay for Scarlett until one of her best friends calls her and asks her to be in her wedding. You see no one knows who her daughters father is and Scarlett wants it kept that way, Kind of hard to do when the Father “Ace” comes back for his sister’s wedding. His sister happen
T Van
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Basic Story with Inconsistencies

FYI: Title story ended at 3%, and bonus content comprises the remainder. This review is only about the title story.

This story follows a sort of second chance, secret baby framework. Scarlett keeps the baby a secret from the football star, because reasons. She also keeps the relationship from everyone close to her, although she seems rootless in a small town. Timelines are inconsistent. Ace seems too young, timeline-wise, to be under consideration for the honors s
Karina
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received ARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun quick read. Under 100 pages. Ryan "Ace" and Scarlet are two people connected by Ryan's sister Lisa. Scarlet was best friends with Lisa when they were in high school and therefore felt Ryan was off limits. Ryan and Scarlet have feelings each other and give in to them shortly before Scarlet is to leave for college. Ryan is two years older and goes on to become a pro football player. Scarlet pushes him away beli ...more
Goddess of Chaos
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ryan appears to have the life people dream of...

I read the title story, which is a quick, light a fun read that had several other works bundled with it when I got it.

Ryan appears to have the life people dream of, but when he impulsively returns to his hometown for a visit, he catches up with Scarlett and is reminded of the things his perfect life is lacking.

I enjoyed the appreciation of family, siblings, children... and community in this story. It was a wonderful reminder that lives that seem i
Lisa Jolly
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free as an ARC for my honest review.

This is the 1st book l have read of this author, l enjoyed it and will defiantly be checking out her other books.

Scarlett is a struggling single mother to Kimmy, working 2 jobs. Ryan is a Football star, who came home for his sister’s wedding. Ryan is sick of the lifestyle he leads, and can only think about Scarlett. Scarlett pushes him away as she doesn’t want him to know about his daughter Kimmy. Scarlett tells Ryan that he wasn’t the on
Deb
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
At the end of high school, Scarlet was secretly seeing the brother of her best friend, Lisa. They all went their separate ways after graduation with Scar keeping a secret from Lisa and her brother Ryan, a.k.a. Ace. Four years later, Lisa and Ryan return to their hometown for Lisa's wedding. Lies and secrets are about to be unraveled.
This was a quick read. I did not feel as though it was cut short or a cliffhanger or lacking in depth. Although short, it is a full story with a HEA. I enjoyed it.
Melissa creasey
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
received an ARC for an honest review
Ryan is a football star who needs a break from the Hollywood lifestyle
Scarlet is a struggling mum to kimmy and the father is Ryan but no one including him knows that and 4 years later she is invited to his sisters wedding , Ryan cant stop think about Scarlet , will he find out kimmy his his?
this is a great read and read it in one as wanted to know what happened look forward to reading more from the author
Speed
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. This was a sweet story with minimum angst. We have Ryan a football player and Scarlett, the girl he fell in love with. They have a wonderful night together, she finds out that she is pregnant and doesn't let him know. He comes back to town for his sister's wedding. The truth unfolds and they are able to work it out. It ended rather abruptly with them having a happy ending.
Karen Shortridge
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this for my honest review. Scarlett works hard and supports her and her daughter but when her old best friend texts her to say she's coming home to get married the only thing Scarlett can think about is Ryan Lisa's brother. She has worked so hard to keep the secret from them now it will come crashing down. Ryan is a professional football player who is tired of the Hollywood life and going home seems the best choice ................ this is a great read with a lovely story.
Taya Wellington
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
it was good for what it was a short story, wish it was longer.. Scarlet didn't click with me...I don't like liars...especially when you keep your life hidden...I can understand hiding your child...that's protecting your baby...I know it's fiction and I'm getting all judgemental lol. sue me lol...I liked Ryan a lot...he is just a good home town boy who made it big and finally realized stardom isn't all its cracked up to be. He wants to come home and when he does man the drama
Carol
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ace

Ryan and Scarlet's story, is amazing! Beautiful love story, she gave up on them when she realized she was pregnant and new he would give up his career, if he knew. So she made the choice, right or wrong? Now thrown back together for his sister/ and her best friends wedding, what secrets will be revealed, and at what cost? Great story❤!!
Kathleen
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received ARC for honest review.

This was a quick read second chance story with a HEA.
Scarlett has a secret that she doesn't want anyone to find out about and is having a hard time keeping it from Ace when he returns to town.
Ace is growing tired of his Hollywood lifestyle and realizes he wants a more "normal" lifestyle.
Angel Ratcliffe
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I loved this book! The small little town, adorable little girl, and of course the hot best friends brother. I could have kept on reading their story if it had been longer lol. Thank you for allowing me to read your work.
Kassandra Marie
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
it was okay , I just can't stand females like that . like grow up and stop running and face your problems head on . Like Hell Man The Hell Up . but the ending was good . I couldn't stand Scarlet mostly through out the book.
Luzmary Alvarez
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Spell and grammar needs correction

I liked the story and the characters. I would have enjoyed the book if spelling and grammar were corrected. The editor did not do their job well.
Jamie  Leigh
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Horrible editing

This appeared to be a great story. BUT. the editing..you turn a page & it was a repeat of about half the previous page. I struggled to complete the book.
HeatherTX
Sweet short story, wished the ending had not been so rushed though.
Kay
Oct 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Very cute, short and a secret baby.
Diana
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I cried

This book ends at 4% but it was really really really good very romantic very short little romantic with forgiveness is for you
Jeannette
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Quick read

This was a good short story to read. I wished it was longer to read so I could get to read more of the story.
Terri
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Surprise

I really liked this book but I felt it could have been longer. There was a lot of uncovered material that should have been covered.
elaine m. suda
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ace Wins

Wow! Short and sassy. Thanks for your sexy story about Ace and Scarlet. He storyline was great and I look forward to reading more of your work.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Touchdown (Going Pro, #1)
  • Holiday Heat Wave (Ballers, #1.5)
  • Better Together (Sweet Haven Farm, #1)
  • Her Highland Rogue (Wild Highland Guardian, #1)
  • Don't Deny Me, Part Three (Don't Deny Me, #3)
  • All In: Paying to Play (Gambling With Love #6)
  • The Winning Edge (Cold War, #1-2)
  • Covering Home
  • Out of Her Dreams
  • Forever My Love (Forever #4)
  • Bearing It All (Highlander's Beloved, #3)
  • Save My Soul (Kemmons Brothers Baseball, #1)
  • Know Me, Keep Me (Full Heart Ranch Series #3)
  • Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell
  • Fool's Gold
  • Broken Play (Offensive Line #5)
  • Redemption