Start by marking “Broken God” as Want to Read:
Broken God

Broken God

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Power is a strange and broken thing.

He was the sun god, the god of healing and song.
And prophecy.
Apollo has lived alone for centuries, content to spin out the years wandering a new and strange world, lost in the past and endless versions of the future. He has cut all ties with the remains of Olympus and his power, and hidden himself in humanity.
His twin thinks he’s dep
Published September 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Broken God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken God

Maya
ARC received in echange for an honest review.

This is my first book by this author and I love the cover and blurb. That made me want to read the book ASAP.
And now that I finished it, I have to say that I'm left with mixed feelings but most of all I'm just confused by the way the story is written. The whole book needs an editor, badly. There were some spelling issues and what bothered me the most is that we don't always know when we are reading a scene from the past and when from the present. It'
Courtney
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I love Nazarea and her writing. She has always been able to capture me with her words and take me to different place and want to live there. But with this book, I had a hard time staying focused. But I truly believe that's because I read this book pre-edit and will be re-reading it once it's published to see if the issues I had are fixed.

So this review is based on the plot and nothing else. The rating could change once it's released and I will edit my review also. So please take all this into co
Malissa
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I love all things Greek mythology so I was excited when this book crossed my path, then I saw the cover and my heart gave a little flutter, and after reading the description I got even more excited!

This is one of those books that is extremely hard to review for various reasons but mainly because you can't talk much about it with out giving important parts away. I think that the best part of this book for me was the different take on Apollo. Apollo in everything I've read before now has
Alexandra
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found as part of the blog tour on *Milky Way of Books*

Broken God introduces us into the Greek mythology, or rather at the end of it. What happens to the Gods when their era has ended? Nazarea Andrews gives the answer and she follows with the story of Apollo the god of sun, poetry, song and plagues. We all know him, have seen him in other similar books and he is as famous as Hades, regarding his background in mythology.

But in this
Escape Inside the Pages
When I read that Broken God’s main character was Apollo I got really excited! I had never seen a mythological fiction book focused on the god of the sun! It’s just very unheard of! The concept sounded awesome!

Apollo was a very confusing narrator to follow, I mean it says it in the title, he’s “broken” so he’s basically insane. It took me a while to pick up on the way the book was written. So much of it consists of flashbacks of past memories. It was hard to keep track of at times. The flashbacks
Mel Zerafa
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Reading Tigress review

Broken God by Nazarea Andrews

I'm giving this book 3 stars

This is written about Apollo and the gods.

Apollo is the god of sun, healing, song and prophecy. This is a story of family and god war.

The story was twisted and deep, the gods with powers and secrets, so many secrets I found it hard to keep up with the storyline.

This was an interesting read although somewhat confusing at times. If you enjoy a mythical story with gods, angels and fantasy then Broken god is just for you!
Ashley Stevenson
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book exchange for an honest review. This book has the feels and flow of raw emotions throughout the whole book. Love the characters and how everything came together in the end. Can't wait to read more books by Nazareth Andrews.
The BookWhisperer
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
What I will always state when reviewing Nazarea Andrew’s books…is that I ADORE her! Every book that she has, I have been swept away in. N has an amazing ability to take our common world and twist into an amazing, almost unrecognizable existence. Like I said, I adore her! And I really adored Broken God. N wrote such a unique take on the gods of Olympus, Apollo, and death ultimate of the Olympians.

Apollo is broken. Not only the god of the sun but also prophecy, he took back his powers from Del a
Michelle
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Broken God is an adult fantasy & mythology romance by author Nazarea Andrews. You all know how much I love Mythology, and with a beautiful cover like that, how could I turn this book down?! I really do love Apollo too, and the reason I love him being featured in stories is because he is the god of so many interesting things, so it is really great to see which of his talents so to speak that the author is going to
Miranda
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

Dana Busenbark
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this paranormal romance from Greek mythology, we find ourselves following Apollo. Who is Iris? Who is Del and who is she calling Father? What happens when Apollo goes into prophecy mode in the middle of one of his coffee shops one day? Who does he call out to? When he meets up with his sister and the rest of the family that evening for 'dinner', what happens? What made Apollo go insane? What does Apollo say in front of Zeus and Poseidon and the other gods that leave them speechless? Where doe ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Broken God by Nazarea Andrews
4 stars

Apollo, the God of healing and prophecy, always had his Oracle to help temper the madness of seeing the future.   Of course it drove his Oracles mad, but they loved him so much that they asked to help him by taking some of his gift.  But when Apollo asked a question of his Oracle that he shouldn't have asked, it is revealed to him how the gods of Olympus will fall.  In an attempt to circumvent the prophecy, he takes back his gift from the Oracle and for two t
Nay Denise
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, review-books
Received an ARC copy from the author.

This was one book I thought I would love, but I didn't really much care for it. This is a contemporary fantasy standalone novel and I wish it weren't. This story gave me a headache every now and then because it was just a bit confusing to read. I did enjoy the main character, Apollo, the god. He was very interesting especially since he was seen as insane in this story. Apollo was very witty and enjoyed life in the mortal world. He didn't care much for Olympus
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lindsey
Once worship, twice fallen, lost, struggling to find his place and sanity for more than a century a Apollo an Olympian God lost between his past and future. This story definitely took me on a few twist and turn that I did not see coming. I actually enjoyed this trip down mythology land. Apollo knows he’s fighting a losing battle that looks like it will not be won. When he thinks he has finally been broken when he walks into his life line Lily. This story is a great story especially if you
Kimi Porkchops
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I was given an ARC for an honest

I was really exciting to read this book. I’ve always been a fan of Greek mythology stories. The blurb sounded exciting and the cover is lovely. Unfortunately, I’m a bit disappointed with the outcome. Now don’t get me wrong… it wasn’t a complete let down, but I was looking and hoping for more. I was confused throughout the book. I had a hard time deciphering when it was the past and when we were in present days. I know it’s an ARC so I’m not going to judge on the
Sara
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars!!!

I have always been fascinated with the tales of the Greek gods, so when I heard about this new release, I was ready to jump all over reading it.

While this is a quick read, it is a bit of a difficult read because there is a lot of back and forth in time and the transitions are sometimes quick. I also had a some trouble with how the character relate to each other (not in the romantic sense but in the familial sense. Not sure I am saying that right.).

What made Broken God stand out was
2OCC Reviews
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alice
Honestly it took me a few chapters to really get into this book, I was contemplating not finishing but I gave it a few more chapters and I am so glad I did.
The story progresses and leaves you wanting more. The twists at the end completely shocked me. I was not expecting it at all.
I felt so sorry for Apollo all the way through this book, it felt like he could do no right with his family.. He carries a heavy burden, and is filled with madness.
Iris is extremely strong willed, very blunt and very
Ashley
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I went into this book thinking it would be different. I am a huge mythology buff but I have never read an adult mythological book. I usually read the teen versions of books. However, Nazarea has taken one of my favorite genre's and written an interesting adult fiction book.

The book is about Apollo and how he is in hiding because of a prophecy. Then some of the God's in his family start getting murdered and as the God of prophecy he is needed. Do they find the killer?

I enjoyed the characters. I
Melinda
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

In one word wow. Have to say this is the first I have read a book by Nazarea Andrew was quite surprised. I’ve always loved reading about the Olympian Gods and their immortality from Zeus to even Hades. Apollo now is a God who is burdened with the past and future in so many ways. Nazarea did such a beautiful job showing us his heartache yet determined to love his Iris. One thing I did want more is about Iris seemed there was more of her we didn’t get to know th
Shellby
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Broken God is a totally different book from what I was expecting. It was extremely interesting. I could not put the book down at all. Even when I was confused as could be, I kept reading. The only issue I had with the book was that it could be really confusing at times, especially at the beginning. The book was still really good in spit of that.

-NightWolf Book Blog
Talking Books
Review copy received from InkslingerPR for an honest rating
Amalia Dillin
Really interesting concept -- the idea that Apollo might be driven mad from his own gift of prophecy is fantastic.
Lia
Marika
Sep 25, 2016
Julianna
Sep 23, 2016
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.