Start by marking “Worlds Away (Alpha Alien Abduction Tale, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worlds Away (Alpha Alien Abduction Tale, #1)

Worlds Away

(Alpha Alien Abduction Tale #1)

Slavery, or mate to an Alien Commander? Which would you choose?

Paris had lost her parents at a young age and instead of going into the foster system, she ended up on the streets. Sure, life was tough for a 17-year-old girl with no one to turn to, but she made her way on the streets of Los Angeles for years. That is, until one day when she was no longer on the streets.

Com
Published September 22nd 2016 by J.L Hendricks

To ask other readers questions about Worlds Away, please sign up.
J.L. Hendricks It is a complete story, however there is an overarching story that will take several books to complete. But each book can be read on it's own and has…moreIt is a complete story, however there is an overarching story that will take several books to complete. But each book can be read on it's own and has it's own HEA. In fact, each book it told from the perspective of a different "Mate".(less)

Celestine
DNF at 5%.

Book source: Amazon freebie.
Monica
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: no-just-no
Received an ARC copy.

I didn't like this but it appears I might be the only one. I just found it really silly and juvenile in parts. The prologue was great and I thought man this is gonna be good I think. Then the second paragraph turned me off. Who says "Oh nuts! How are you awake already?" It really came of comedic and silly. Then I thought I'd read a little more to see if it improved and it did not. I mean it wasnt this way through the whole thing but in many parts. I found the heroine, Paris
Randy Tramp
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I want to blast off into outer space I turn to J.L. Hendricks books. I love the style, the characters, and the plot. "Worlds Away," plot, although simple creates deep conflict. Abducted and taken to a distant planet.

Paris grew up on the streets of Los Angeles; so when she became a slave on a spaceship, she determined to escape and go back to earth.

Commander Venay of the V'Zenian Empire had other plans for Paris. He wanted her as his mate. That changed when the Zateelians attacked Venay's sh
Shari Kay
Feb 10, 2018 marked it as over-before-it-began
Didn’t make it through the sample
Kym
DNF

I just could not like the heroine of this book, and the action was slow. I really didn’t get more than a few chapters in before it got too irritating to continue.
Rebecca Reddell
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Find my review here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Away-Sc...
Juanita E. Arp
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, had a great storyline. Can't wait for the next book.
Melanie S
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really REALLY liked this book! Yes, I've read the negative reviews criticizing the "juvenile" writing and the simplistic, predictable plot, and while I can't disagree with those descriptors, I certainly have a completely different take on them. First of all, writing style aside, the book is well-crafted and flawlessly edited. The plot is well-paced, cogent, and interesting. The characters are differentiated in personalities and points of view. The hero and heroine move from enmity and distrust ...more
Mandy Parmenter
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paris became an orphan at a young age and ended up on the Los Angeles streets and not in the foster system. She was tough and doing well when one day she was spirited out of a field by aliens. Venay is a Commander in the V’Zenian Empire and his job is to abduct humans to become slaves or mates for the males of his species. When he saw Paris across the field he knew he just had to have her. So Paris has a complicated choice to make - become a slave or Venay's mate. Then a rival alien species caus ...more
Linda Walters
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this story; it was clean and interesting. Paris was a fighter and a survivor because she has had to be. She's smart too which helps a lot. I enjoyed watching her trying to survive her new situation. She's not one that typically would go quietly into the night to her fate so that resistance makes sense. And she doesn't crumble right away which I liked. She did try to help others, whether they were alien or human.

Venay was a character that you could see had a job to do but he also showed
Space Cowgirl
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Home🏡 Is Where The Heart 💘 Is

PG version of an Alpha Alien Abduction Romance💕

Paris💋💔 was living in the street on 🌎Earth, when she was abducted, along with hundreds of others by huge alien V'Zenian Warriors🐺🍆🌋🔫🔪. Spending the next five months in a crowded cell with crappy synthetic food while on the way back to the alien planet🌍, is pretty depressing.
There are only two ways for the women to go, latch on to a warrior mate🐺🍆🌋🔫🔪 during the journey, or become a slave after arrival.
Luckily, the Warrior
Stacey
I picked up this alien abduction story looking for a clean, sci-fi adventure. This was sci-fi and clean, but definitely voiced as a teen drama. The premise for the story, an alien race unable to populate their planet and turning to humans as mates for procreation, was believable, but the romance was a bit lack-luster. The theme of slavery was a major issue, and I did like the heroine, Paris's, spunk and her determination to protect the 'human' slaves from their captors and from their captor's en ...more
Cryst Smith
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
It's ok

I wouldn't pay for it but it's ok free. The dialogue is stilted and awkward (how many times do you use a persons name while talking to them. Most of the book I just skipped cause the author was going on and on about slavery in earth. I understand authors that subtly add ideology or beliefs to a story but this book was beliefs/ideology with the story added. I felt like the author was standing on her soap box shouting her opinion and just adding very little story to it. There was very littl
Cookie
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jenny Delandro
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the last half of the story much more than the first half.
The story centres on Paris, but the first half of the book she is running around on an alien spaceship, as self appointed champion to the human slaves captured along with her, trying to get them better food and conditions even though she is treated with derision by most.
Two other women form mate bonds with the aliens and these women help Paris focus on herself and her mate although she initially denies she feels drawn to him.
An u
Dena
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I don't have a clue

This is hard because I like the foundation of an abduction however the slavery part just didn't keep my interest. I was a little miffed at the woman because she seemed gung :O in the beginning but lost steam. I guess it was just the fact the story was a little more fast paced than I had liked.
Rosa Maria Garcia
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

The author knows how to write a very captivating and interesting story. Love the chemistry of the characters with strong personality and a desire to not be slaves. I'm so ready to read the next book and keep them coming.
Kristi
May 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindleunlimited
The pg-13 adventure romance was too short on the romance. The dialogue between most of the characters was stilted and juvenile. Without showing more of the romance, it was difficult to see why any of the characters liked each other.
Keoki Ki`Ili
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Young adult

This is really young adult sci-fi. There is some violence and heated romantic situations. It does deal with issues of race and slavery specifically. Not bad for a new author.
Judy Schulz
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

This is about a young woman who has been on the streets for about 5 years. She sees a handsome man on the beach one minute, then the next thing she knows she is in his arms, on board a ship, leaving earth's solar system. I think it's a great love story.
donna
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action packed

This book wasn't what i expected but love it. It is a clean romance full of action and adventure. I can't wait to read the rest of the series and it's side stories to get to know back stories on the characters or what happens to others.
Betty Reynolds
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Try this book- it's fun!
Roxy
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gentle alien story.

Quick read that was interesting. Not sure if having made the journey they would have so 1700 to 1800 Centuries behaviour. Read it and see if you see my point.
Brittany
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Poorly written

Not so good.... Many flaws, poorly written, and the story overall left much to be desired.... I couldn't finish it.
Clarissa Boggs
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good sci-fi read
anjuli
DNF @20% as well.
Not my cup of tea. I am not into alien abducting humans for mating purposes. And then eventually turn into love interest. Plus the chick annoyed me.
Icu2qtpi
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Abducted

How do you reconcile the fact you were abducted along with 199 fellow humans with the fact you are falling fast in love with your fated mate? That's the dilemma for our protagonist, Paris, who discovers shortly after her abduction that she is fated for the commander of the V'Zenian aliens, Venay. As she tries to better the circumstances for her people, the V'Zenian's are attacked by an insectoid species hell bent on destruction. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I really liked the way
Teresa
Buy Link: http://jlhendricksauthor.com/
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Alpha Alien Abduction Tale 1
Slavery, or mate to an Alien Commander? Which would you choose?

Jennifer G
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
"I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. All opinions expressed are my own."

World's Away is a Sci-fi book centering on an alien race that regulary abducts humans to be mates or slaves. Their own population has been decimated, so they need the humans for their continued existence. On this particular trip to earth, the ship's commander recognized his true mate, so she has been abducted as well. It's written in a PG style.

I have mixed opinions of this book. I was a fan of the concept; the stor
Lisa
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
A simple, but quite well done tale.
Mostly clean read? 1 3 Sep 23, 2016 07:40PM
  • Taken (Callisto, #1)
  • The Selection (Sapient Salvation #1)
  • To Buy A Wife (The Dark Future, #1)
  • Megan's Alien (Dagrinian Love, #1)
  • Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1)
  • Alien Captive (Captured By Aliens, #1)
  • Stardust (Half Light, #1)
  • The Alien King's Baby (Men Of Omaron, #1)
  • Escape From Zulaire
  • My Name Is A'yen (A'yen's Legacy #1)
  • The Pirate Captain's Daughter (Mandrake Company, #5.5)
  • Warlord's Bounty (Chamele Barbarian Warlords/Barbarian Claims #2)
  • Barbarian (Alien Barbarians of Zandipor, #1)
  • Covert Talents: Age of Expansion - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Uprise Saga, #1)
  • Bad Vibrations (The Sedona Trilogy, #1)
  • Reconstructed (Building a Hero, #1)
  • Dark Waltz (Praestani, #1)
  • Ghost in the Machine (Corwint Central Agent Files, #1)

Alpha Alien Abduction Tale (3 books)
  • Worlds Collide (Alpha Alien Abduction Tale, #2)
  • Worlds Entwined (Alpha Alien Abduction Tale, #3)