Start by marking “Double Cross (Doubleback Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Double Cross (Doubleback Book 3)

Double Cross

(Doubleback #3)

Happily ever after wasn’t supposed to be this complicated.

At last, Jude Anderson and his lover, homicide detective Rowan Muir, are settling into domestic bliss. Or so it seems. Rowan says all the right things, and the sex is still hotter than ever. But something isn’t quite right, and Jude can’t put his finger on what it is.

Then Jude’s sister drops a bombshell that she
Published September 20th 2016 by Lissa Ford Books

Jan
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq

****4.5 Stars****

I'll keep this short.
I loved Double Cross despite being the lowest in steam in this series so far. Colour me surprised when it turned out to be the best one considering I am all for a hot book. The mystery in the story sucked me in, making the lack of male/male action going almost unnoticed. Hats off to the author.

Now, let me address my only issue in the story.

I knew ahead what was coming because I asked a friend. Yet, I could not help feeling disappointed at the end.
I wasn’t
Simone
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Sometimes love does not seem to be enough...

Jude's arm tightened around Rowan. The sleep-thickened words came out of the darkness. “I want you to be happy here. With me.”
Rowan's sleepy eyes snapped open. “Baby, I am happy here with you.”
“You sure?”
“I--”
I just don't want to get used to feeling happy, because if I do, it will disappear. It always does.

Oh dear! The last statement pretty much sums it all up.

This book was definitely the best in this series so far. After declaring their love for
CrabbyPatty
Double Cross is not a stand-alone so you’ll need to read Doubleback and Double Down first to get up to speed on Jude and Rowan’s story. Believe me, it won’t be too much of a hardship. They’re two great books, and I think Double Cross is the best book of the series.

It all started with those boxes. Those damn boxes Rowan brought to Jude’s house once they moved in together … which remain unpacked five months later. Jude sees them as the tangible reminder of Rowan’s inability to commit to their life
~Kristin~
4 Stars
We meet up again with our happy couple, our strapping tour guiding fisherman and tenacious homicide detective, after their hearts have spoken and love has been declared. They are living together, but bliss is short lived.

Rowan's new captain has a large grudge against him and is making his return to the force anything but a smooth transition after his injury. But the real trouble begins when Jude's prickly neighbor calls him over to verify that remains he has found on his property are in
Jaime
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full Review to Come -

I really enjoyed this series. I am now anxiously waiting for the 4th book (well, really the 5th if you count book 2.5) anyways, I am not a huge fan of how this book ended - I feel like we were just revealed this HUGE issue and Boom - done.

However, with that being said - this was my favorite book out of the series. You got to watch these two really fight for what they have.. so yeah, loved that aspect.

oh, and did I mention these two are sexy as hell?
Donna
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, cops, favorites, m-m
Great mystery in this one and loved the sex scenes! Rowan and Jude are both stubborn men, so they end up in many fights, but their love for each other is much stronger than their stubbornness. I could just see the love between them, because of the words of Ms Ford. I look forward to the fourth book!
Debra
Originally reviewed at Sinfully.

After the first two books in the series (you really shouldn’t read this as a standalone) there is little doubt that Jude and Rowan love each other and are better together than apart. The problem is that both of them have a stubborn streak. Rowan is constantly afraid that once he commits and gets comfortable his happiness will be taken away. Jude still hasn’t fully come to grips with the fact that he is no longer in law enforcement. He enjoys running his fishing to
Tina
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

4,5 stars.

Best book of the series so far.

Caipi
Another murder case to solve.......
A new supervisor to get used to......
Still more relationship problems between Jude and Rowan to work through.......

And then this ending!!!!!

I really hope book four will be released soon!

4,5 stars
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 months have passed and Rowan and Jude have moved in together. Rowan has yet to unpack all of his things which is Jude feels is cause for alarm. Rowan and Jude are communicating better than before but still not enough. Each is holding things back.
A murder investigation brings everything to a head. Rowan’s new asshole boss and Jude trying to clear a “friend’s” name cause tensions to rise. Consequences must be faced.
The story was entertaining and kept me engrossed trying to figure out what happen
Nat ReadingAllNite
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy from the author in return for an honest review.

I was so thrilled to get this sequel about two of my favorite guys. Jude and Rowan are back and trying to adjust to living their lives together. They've had a few months of downtime as Rowan recovered from his injury but he's back to work now. He's got a new boss and the boss seems to have it in for Rowan. Then a dead body is found nearby. Rowan's on the case and Jude can't help feeling his investigative instincts kicking in.
Karlijn
Rowan and Jude. I missed them like crazy and it was so good to be back in their life.
I have reread the first two books numeral times and I was excited to learn more about them. And woha, I learned much more.
Movingboxes. Especially not moving movingboxes are a great deal in this book. Rowan has moved in with Jude, but a lot of his boxes are still full. Why won't he unpack them? Is it because he is busy with work or because he won't 'really' comit to Jude. The later is what Jude thinks, but Rowa
Bogusia
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Excellent read!
I am in love with Rowan and Jude :)
Melissa
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy of this book for an honest review.
This is the 3rd book in the series of Doubleback. The book opened with what would seemed to be a normal newly cohabiting couple. I realized early on that I should've started from the beginning since I hadn't read the first two books in the series. I'm so glad I did too. I think by going back and buying and reading the first books of the series let me understand Rowan and Rude better than if I had just read this one alone.

The mystery is a
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
DNF @ 50% - HUGE FAIL. This one isn't for me at all and in skimming forward and to the end, I know this with absolutely unwavering certainty. I'm out. If a 4th book comes out (because this one ends on a cruel cliffhanger) I MIGHT check it out. But, as it stands, I do believe I'm done. Btw - did the author REALLY have to do that to Rowan?!!? What was the point of that?!!? No. Contrived. Pointless plot device. Rowan has been through enough!!
Susan65
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

Oh my God, I do believe this author is trying to kill me. Here I was, thinking book three would culminate in Rowan and Jude finally getting their act together, finally getting past the drama that is intent on destroying their relationship, and finally moving away from murder and mayhem. Well, no, not even close. This round was probably the most emotional for me as I’d kept expecting things to settle down but instead they were heading in the opposite direction. And now, I am of t
Jenn C
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I get why Jude didn’t listen and stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and Rowan had every right to do what he did but come on guys - you’ve learned nothing in the past year plus with each other. Get it together.
Suzy
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
These boys just keep getting better and better - can I have the next book now please, pretty please??
Maygirl7
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cops, ku, mystery, contemporary, m-m
This is a great trilogy -- each book better than the last. They definitely need to be read together and in order. Normally I'm not a huge fan of established couples but Jude and Rowan are so appealing and real feeling and so is their relationship. Each man is likeable but with definite faults and shortcomings just like real people. At times I found myself thinking why are you being such an asshole then as their motivations or back story was revealed I'd find myself liking them even more than bef ...more
Linda
This is a great series.

I received an arc of the third book in this series for an honest review but couldn't find a way to leave my review before it became available on Amazon. So....here is my review of all three books in this series.
What a fantastic series! Jude and Rowan seemed to be at cross emotional roads through most of their relationship. Lack of honest communication was their biggest problem. Pride, personalities, and how they each handled their work ethic and protocol were their constan
Pam Eller
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I really like this series. There's sexy times with plenty of dirty talk. Also, Jude and Rowan are both complex characters and very much their own men. They don't always see eye to eye, which is very realistic. Most people, even when they love each other, don't always see things the same way. It causes angst and conflict, two imperfect people going toe to toe over what they believe is right, a thread of love keeping them together. They have to answer the question: Is love enough?

The m
Beckie Rousseau Sloan
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
As a fan of the first 2 books, Doubleback and Double Down, I was really excited to start the next book. Jude and Rowan have a complicated love, but it is a strong one. If they could get their communication skills up to date. At some points I found myself yelling at them, and then cheering for them 5 minutes later.
This book was more about the case and their emotional relationship than their physical relationship. There were still s few steamy parts, but I enjoyed the emotional growth the pair we
Shahreen
Shelves: m-m
To me this is the best book in the Doubleback series so far. Not only the mystery was better in this book but the emotions potrayed by both Jude and Rowan was so real and I truly felt every emotions that both the MCs went through. There were a lot of ups and downs in Rowan's amd Jude's personal live but that didn't detract from the mystery.

Oh man that ending, I really hope that this isn't the last book in the series. Overall I would definitely recommend this book to all Doubleback series fan and
Beth
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Was hoping for more

I had my hopes up for more from this series but the bar has been lowered. Various things were slightly bothersome in book two but the short story between two and three and then book three just caused issues to pile up and become aggravating and distracting.

First of all, the lazy research. This is a cardinal sin for me because there is no reason for it. The books take place in Central NY. According to the author bio she lives in this area. That makes the errors even worse and m
Tessi4M
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Damn. Things were finally getting good, then more bad stuff happened, and now I am stuck waiting for a book 4 that is supposedly coming at some point.
Don't worry, this is not a cliffhanger. Jude and Rowan's story could end here but I think I need the whole thing wrapped a bit better with a nice bow to be completely happy.

Double Cross has the same mix of criminal investigations and relationship issues as the first two books in the series but the murder case in this one was the best story so far w
Mia
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lissa-ford
In the last book, I was pissed at Rowan. In this book, I wanted to slap Jude several times. What the heck was he thinking? This title is perfect for what was going on, not only between certain unnamed characters (don't want to spoil the plot), but also between our MCs (as in one word). I was so frustrated with the boys. It's true that sometimes love just isn't enough. I really wanted them to break up.

There were some editing issues that bothered me. Another thing I didn't like was the use of the
Donna Wagner
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highly Emotional but so Good

The Doubleback series is great fun and full of twists and turns. In book 3, what I loved the most is how real these characters are. I see them as real people. They have past struggles and tons of bumps in the road, but they are kind, loving, and smart men who work and play hard. There is a young man who died. And it hurt. There is a religious subtext to this story. Not my favorite thing but I totally loved this book. Lissa Ford is an awesome writer.
Allen Zeiner
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great continuation in the saga of Rowan and Jude!

The third book of the series, Double Cross, had me trying to figure who the killer was and I was surprised by whom it turned out to be!!
The turmoil this murder causes to Jude and Rowan's already tenuous relationship adds to the plot.
All making for a great read!!!
Lauren
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it

Eh, it was okay, I guess. A lot of unnecessary angst and nobody listening to each other to instead go off and do their own thing, but the plot was interesting enough. The ending wasn't enough to make me love it though; everyone's still angry until suddenly all is solved with a glockenspiel - not really my kind of HEA, that.
Pebbles1374
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it

• Laurel Heights 2 (Laurel Heights, #2)
  • Good Boys (The Solomon Mysteries, #1)
  • Love and Punishment
  • Storm Season (Accidental Roots, #1)
  • Fated (Shadow Mountain #1)
  • Splintered  (Splintered #1)
  • Bone to Pick (Digging Up Bones, #1)
  • Vanished 2 (Vanished #2)
  • Trust Me (Cover Me, #2)
  • Cold-Hearted Concept (Concepts, #2)
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Bitter Legacy (Bitter Legacy, #1)
  • Third Eye
  • Secrets (The Full Nelson #1)
  • Long Shadows (Common Law, #1)
  • Georgia Heat
  • Sunset Lake
  • How to Heal a Life (The Haven, #2)
Lissa Ford is a sucker for hot guys and a happy ending. Thus writing m/m romances is her idea of a perfect day. A transplanted California girl in snowy upstate New York, Lissa spends way too much time online and trying to keep her cat from destroying the furniture.

Doubleback (3 books)
  • Doubleback (Doubleback, #1)
  • Double Down (Doubleback, #2)