Start by marking “I Was The Artist” as Want to Read:
I Was The Artist

I Was The Artist

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
They live among us, silently, the Gifted. Beneath the politics of ordinary life a battle rages that affects us all. Our fleeting chance of survival is down to three Timekeepers of the Past, Present and Future.

Zac is a weapon in a war he knows nothing about. The first Timekeeper to manifest in generations, he is thrust into a covert world where his very existence could pre
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about I Was The Artist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Was The Artist

Daccari Buchelli
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
'I Was the Artist,' by S. A. Eldin is a science-fiction/fantasy novel with an element of time travel. We follow Zac, a young man destined for greatness. Given a peculiar charm as a young child, Zac soon embarks upon a mind-bending adventure, where he discovers he can travel back in time using his own drawings. Zac is a Time Keeper; a descendant of an ancient clan.

With power beyond most teenagers imaginations, Zac must decide if he wants to accept his new responsibility, and who his friends and h
Striking 13
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
With customary crypticness, we’re thrust into the first book in the Tales of a Timekeeper trilogy. I Was The Artist is yet another Young Adult saga about a young adult with superpowers who’s destined to save us all, presumably somewhere towards the end of S.A. Eldin’s third book.

Full review of I Was The Artist
Madison Rene'
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

At first I was extremely unsure of this book, but in the end I was completely hooked! It was phenomenally written, incredibly engaging, and I am sitting in the edge of my seat waiting for the next one to come out. Highly recommended this to anyone who likes adventure !
J
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reminds me a bit of I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies series) in terms of modern day setting, different "magic" abilities for different characters etc. but with a time travel twist.

Normally I'm digging for holes in time-travel logic, but the rules of this world are very clearly laid out and well presented (even if it takes a couple of paragraphs of exposition).

Great cliffhanger ending. Need the next book ASAP!

Fave character: Troy - a total bad*ss!
Melleny
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars

You can find the full review by following this link: http://abooktropolis01.blogspot.com/2...

But here is a snippet of my thoughts:

Overall, the book wasn't too bad. I know I pretty much bashed what I didn't like about the novel but I did like it in the end. It probably won't be on my best books of 2016 list but it was a good read. I enjoyed a lot of it and was glad I got the opportunity to read the book. And if I am perfectly honest, if I read it again at a later stage, I would probably
Kathryn
Sally
Feb 26, 2017
Mel
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I Was The Artist was intended to be humorous, but I found the first chapter so funny. So much so, I was reading extracts out loud in the staff room to my colleague, who also found odd snippets funny (but most definitely not in a negative way). It did take me a little while to realise that Zac was writing about himself being 8 but reflecting back on it when he's older. It crossed my mind that how he was writing was not exactly how an 8 year old would think, or I doubted so anyway. ...more
Lynne
Oct 28, 2016
K
Nov 09, 2016
S.A. Eldin
Nov 24, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jay
Jan 03, 2017
Raiwvynn
Jan 04, 2017
1 follower
I Was The Artist is the debut novel from author S.A. Eldin, encompassing the heart of classic fantasy. With a background in film marketing, fantasy novels have always been her drugs of choice. Having first envisioned the story fourteen years ago, I Was The Artist is the first novel of the Tales of a Timekeeper trilogy and her first endeavour onto the writer's circuit.
More about S.A. Eldin