Start by marking “Behind Closed Doors” as Want to Read:
Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors

(Behind Closed Doors #1)

From New York Times bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones comes a brand new gripping and provocative novel that ties into her bestselling Careless Whispers and Inside Out series. You can enjoy this as a standalone, but fans of Careless Whispers and Inside Out will get an exciting glimpse of who Ella really is and some of the secrets she's been hiding from everyone she knows. ...more
ebook
Published October 17th 2016 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Behind Closed Doors, please sign up.
Lisa Jones Hi Mary Ann, Behind Closed Doors comes out on October 17th, you can pre-order from Amazon here: http://bit.ly/BehindClosedDoorsAmazon

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review

3.5 stars!

TV-surfing sometimes leads me to either Storage Wars and Auction Hunters. It's so interesting to watch people bid over something without a clue what's inside the storage unit. Skye Montgomery finds herself in the same situation when her new friend, Ella, drags her to a storage auction in hopes of finding something that would sell well. Sex and blackmail aren't what she expects to see in the storage, but it's what faces her anyway.

Th/>3.5
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Skye and Jason meet under some interesting yet unbelievable circumstances. The plot is involved and the air of mystery lends itself to entertainment. The transition from meeting to togetherness happens almost instantly. However, they do have decent chemistry and I'm definitely a fan of Jason's confidence and sexiness. I don't think there's enough time for them to experience much in the way of growth as the plot and pace move along rapidly. Some of the more exciting parts include Ella and who she ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by author & publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo f30009312e367d476b1e424a708010_zpsenx1rhus.gif

A cunning, sexy, engaging, and suspenseful romance that had Lisa Renee Jones trademark of mystery sprinkled with touches of eroticism. In Lisa Renee Jones’ newest standalone romance, Behind Closed Doors, she beautifully weaved elements o
Lisa Jones
Jan 11, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
bcd-giveaway
WANT THE FIRST TWO CHAPTER OF SURRENDER EARLY? Everyone who enters the below giveaway will get them the day after BEHIND CLOSED DOORS is published! ENTER TO WIN A COACH PURSE, $100 AMAZON GIFT CARD, OR 1 OF 2 KYLIE LIP KITS! http://lisareneejones.com/bcd

I'll be posting a new part of chapters 1-3 RIGHT HERE every Monday leading up to release on October 17th! See the first two parts below!

Pre-Order here:
bcd-giveaway

Pre-Order here:

Chapter One
"Bid. Bid on this one, Skye."

"They haven't even opened the doors for us to see inside," I say, glowering at my new friend Ella and wondering why I let her obsession with Storage Wars lead me to a real-life auction. Or maybe I do know. She isn't easy to say no to, but due to my limited finances, I have no choice but to be cautious with my bidding.

She balls a fist at her belly. "My gut says this one is for you."

I roll my eyes. "You're too dramatic and I don't bid on gut instinct. I'm a calculated buyer, not a spontaneous one."

"There's nothing wrong with spontaneous," she insists, her words as bold as her long red hair, while mine is a basic brown that fits my far more reserved personality. "You haven't bid on anything," she continues, pressing, "and I bought a unit that looks great and I did it by being spontaneous. This is the last unit of the day, Skye, and there's not another auction in San Francisco until next month."

"That's not a good reason to bid," I argue.

"A chance to make a profit is, though," she counters, and I glance up to find the thirty-something man in a cowboy hat who's been ogling me like I'm up for auction towering over Ella from behind to stare at me. The smirk under his dark mustache says he's enjoying our argument a little too much.

Grabbing Ella's hand, I pull her down the hallway of the climate-controlled indoor facility and away from the crowd of bidders that has now dwindled to about twenty. "If I don't get a unit, I don't get a unit," I whisper.

She plants her hands on her hips and doesn't soften her voice, proving she is as feisty as her red hair promises. "You're just scared. You have to have courage. Remember your goal—the whole reason you wanted to come with me. You want to save money and get out of that secretary's chair and into law school."

She's right. I do, and a shortcut to get there would be nice, but that just isn't how life works for me. "I'm waiting tables on the weekends to save money," I remind her. "My tips are exceptional. I'm fine."

"You'll be ancient when you get into law school, at the rate you're going."

"By my calculations, I have to save for two more years and then I'll have three years of school."

"Like I said. Ancient."

"Thirty is not ancient," I say, though she's hit a nerve. Life is passing me by and I'm ready to live it, not survive it.

"I was teasing about that, but you want to start a career sooner if you can. You can cut that down by a year and a half if you make auction hunting work."

This is what I get for making friends in yoga class, which I started in order to curb the stress of working for an attorney who excels at being an asshole as much as he does at winning in the courtroom, not to create more stress. "Well, you know," I say, lacing my words with the sarcasm I learned from my boss, "I guess we brunettes aren't born with balls like you redheads. I'm playing it safe. If I don't like how the unit looks when they open the doors, I'm not bidding."

As if on cue, the door to the unit is lifted and a look of scary determination flits across Ella's face. "Don't worry, Skye, honey. My balls are big enough for both of us. I have a feeling about this unit. I'll buy it and give it to you." She turns and disappears into the crowd, pushing and shoving her way to the front of the group despite loud protests. I gape. I only just met her two weekends ago when she talked me into doing online training for this, and good grief, somehow I haven't even asked what she does for a living. She must need money or she wouldn't be here. And even if she doesn't, I can't let her spend money on me. No. No way. That's not going to happen. And I might not know her well, but I can already see her in my mind, handing me a key to the unit and telling me I'll be wasting her money if I don't turn it around.

Dashing forward, I cut through the crowd and manage to get shoved and cursed at, proof these people take their auctions really darn seriously. Or that they're rude. Or both. I try to inch forward again and end up several steps in the wrong direction. My gaze collides with my crazy cowboy, and we have a silent communication. He is going to help me—that understanding comes a second before he turns and becomes my personal linebacker. In a blink, I'm at the front of the group, and Ella's nowhere to be seen. As I quickly try to determine what's in the unit before the bidding begins, in a flash my cowboy goes one step beyond what he's already done, placing himself in front of the auctioneer to talk up a storm, buying me time to decide if I want to buy this final unit. I lean left and right, seeing stacked boxes, hating the way we're only allowed to glance inside before making our decision to spend money.

Remembering my online auction-hunting class, I notice the boxes are neatly stacked and sealed, which means care was taken in packing and the contents are not likely broken. The person who owned the items seemed to care about them and since they are sealed, the owner hasn't come back and taken out the good stuff before the auction. It's not a bad unit, but I feel really sad for this person losing their belongings, and I remind myself that if I don't take the unit someone else will; this person's life's possessions are lost, no matter what.

The bidding starts and it quickly goes up to $300. Ella appears in the front row and raises her hand for $350. Bidding for me, I know, and I'm not letting that happen. My heart is racing, but I raise my hand and end up making it $400. From there, the bid moves to my ceiling of $500 so fast, I have whiplash. Ella raises her hand and bids again. I grab her arm. "No," I warn. "No higher."

"Six hundred dollars!" she shouts out, and before I can stop her, she's gone to $700. The deal's done. She's bought the unit and I'm going to have to pay. She's gotten lost in the high of bidding, in a way I can't and won't.

The crowd begins to dissolve and I let my face drop to my hands, dreading my return to the ramen noodles of my college days that I'd left behind last year. Ella grabs my arm and pulls it down. "Stop fretting. It's going to be an amazing buy." She glances at her watch. "It's only four o'clock. We have plenty of daylight left to dig through our units after we pay." She smiles at me. "Don't worry. I have some cash set aside for the sole purpose of turning this into a success."

"So is this your career?" I frown, a comment she once made coming back to me. "I've never asked, but I think I remember you making some comment about teaching?"

Her gaze cuts upward and back. "I have an endgame, and this is the means to that end." It's not really an answer and as she motions me forward, I get the idea that she's not eager to go where this conversation was headed. Like I'd hit a nerve. "Let's go pay and get our keys," she says.

Pay. Yes. We have to pay and I'm not letting her fund my unit, which means I'm going to be here all night digging through boxes to find a way to make back the money. My rent is due in two weeks and I need that extra $200 she just spent for me to write the check, without dipping into my savings, which I have a rule not to touch. And I learned the hard way that once you break your rules, you end up in trouble. And the last thing I need is more trouble when trouble is what I've left behind.

***
Two hours later, I'm on my hands and knees digging through boxes, and, considering all the dirt and dust on me, I'm thankful I wore my old jeans and a dark T-shirt. Unfortunately, I've found nothing worth $700. Frustrated, I surmise that I'm in good garage sale territory only, and by good garage sale, I'm thinking $300. Frustrated, I stand up and brush dust off my jeans. This unit is only a few months old. I can't imagine the filth that would be built up in a unit that's years old.

"You have got to hear this," Ella says, walking into the unit and holding up a red leather book. "It's a journal. And let me tell you, what a journal it is!" She sits down on an ice chest.

"That's someone's private thoughts," I tell her.

She glances down at an open box. "And you have someone's underwear."

I sigh and claim a crate as my seat. "That's about all I have in this unit."

"You have tons of boxes you haven't opened," she says. "Once you get them to your house you'll feel better. I can help you tomorrow if you like."

This means renting a U-Haul I no longer have the money for. "Actually, thank you," I say, "but I did that one-dollar one-month rental deal, so I have time. I want to go through everything I can here."

"Are you sure?" she presses. "I mean, it's easier to sell from your place. You can list things on eBay and Craigslist, or even have a garage sale."

"I don't have a garage."

"Well, a front yard sale."

"I live in a town house and this is San Francisco. I have grass patches."

"No one here expects the word yard to mean grass. It's concrete. Good is enough." Her eyes twinkle and she holds up the leather-bound book again. "Back to the journal." She opens the book and starts to read:

"I will remember tonight forever. Only my hands were bound and I stood in the middle of the room. He was naked and commanding, and it was in those moments that I would have done anything to please that man."

"Stop! Stop reading. You can't read that. It's her private life."

"I can't help it. There's something about this woman. If I read a little more, you'll understand. She's a woman reaching for her dreams—"

"It sounded like sex," I say, but that part about "doing anything to please a man" hits a wound I don't want opened.

"It's more than sex," she argues. "It's her pushing her limits and being unafraid when she had been afraid, Skye."

Afraid. It's a word I've allowed myself to know far too intimately, and I wonder what makes Ella, who seems so lighthearted and fun, connect to that word. "I'll tell you more about it later." She glances at her cell phone. "It's late and I have a date tonight. I'd better go change. You leaving?"

I shake my head. "I'm staying."

"It's getting dark."

"It's a lighted indoor facility, and I'm sure it has cameras. I'm fine."

Her brows pucker. "I don't like leaving you."

"I'm fine. Go enjoy your date. I'm going to enjoy"—I smile and motion to the box beside her—"underwear."

She laughs. "I'm sure there's more than underwear in here to find. Don't forget to look inside all the books. You know people hide things in books." She holds up the journal. "That's how I found this little jewel."

That's worth no money, I think, but I don't say it. Judging from the way it seems to have affected her, maybe it has a value beyond money. "Go have a good date night."

"David's pretty good at wining and dining me. I'll call you tomorrow and see what great things you discovered. You did bring your own lock for the door like I told you, right?"

"I did."

"Good. Be careful here alone." We hug, and I watch her depart before heading toward a box of paperwork I'd seen earlier. We're supposed to return legal papers to the front office, but I have to go through it first and make sure I'm not getting rid of anything of value.

Two hours later, I've gone through every book, file, and stack of papers I can find in my new unit, and I've still found nothing of value. Stuffing some loose pages into a box, I'm ready to call it a night when a plastic sleeve the size of a bookmark falls from between papers I swear I've already checked. I reach down and grab it, and frown at the tiny key and a folded piece of paper stuffed inside.

Snatching a pencil from the box, I inch the paper out of the sleeve and unfold it to find a purchase order for a locker at the bus station. Why would you keep something at a bus station that could be here, in this unit? It makes no sense. Do I dare believe that maybe, just maybe, whatever is in that locker will pay for the unit? At this point, I just want to break even. I return the slip of paper to the sleeve, holding on to it and my little piece of hope, then shrug my purse over my shoulder and grab the box of paperwork before heading to the door.

As I step into the vacant hallway the overhead light flickers, clearly ready to burn out, the eerie silence surrounding me. I set the box on the floor, shove the heavy door shut, and dig the lock from my purse to snap it into place. I struggle to get the silver clip into the hole and drop the plastic sleeve. The lights flicker again, and, feeling more than a little jittery, I bend down to grab the sleeve, when a deep male voice says, "Need help?"

Boots and jean-clad legs appear at my eye level and I swallow hard at the idea that someone got this close without me hearing him. My gaze lifts to find a man towering over me, his shoulder-length light brown hair draping forward. Actually, he's more jean-clad rock-star hotness than just a man, with that unexplainable edgy bad-boy quality so few of the male population possess and who a great number of women hope to find. It's the same quality that smart girls like me know is trouble, usually by finding out the hard way. A lesson that runs deep and wide for me, and is exactly why I stick to suits and ties and—

He extends his hand, and I suddenly wonder why I'm still on the ground when a man this hot is standing over me.

I ignore his offer of help and pop to my feet. And good gosh, either I have shrunk or he's really tall. My chin lifts and I decide he's at least six foot three to my five foot four inches, and the already small hallway suddenly feels like a mouse hole. "Dropped something," I explain. "But I'm fine. Thanks for the, ah . . ." The what? "Thanks. Though." I cringe inwardly. I want to be a lawyer? I can't even form sentences.

He bends down and picks up the plastic sleeve before standing up again, glancing at the contents, and then offers it to me. "The 'something' you dropped, I think."

"Thanks, yes." I accept the key and try not to speak for fear I'll chew my tongue off. This makes me more awkward. And warm. I am really warm. I decide right then to name him "Trouble," especially when his firm, full lips quirk as if he knows what I'm feeling and why—which, of course, since I guess him to be in his early thirties, he does. He's had plenty of years to figure out how women respond to him.

"You seemed to be struggling with the lock. You want me to take a look?" The light flickers again, his gaze lifting and lowering. "Preferably before we go dark."

"Oh, yes," I say, stepping aside. "I do appreciate it. If you can't get it, I'll have to get help from the office."

"They're closed." He reaches for the lock and cuts me a sideways look. "So let's hope I can work some magic, or you'll have to buy a new one at the corner store."

"Closed? That's not good." I stuff the plastic sleeve into my front pocket. "I hate the idea of leaving the unit unlocked while I go to the store." I wouldn't want someone to steal my box of panties, I silently add. It's a depressing thought and I watch Trouble struggle with the lock, hoping for his magic, only to find myself unsuccessfully trying to figure out what the tattoo on the palm of his hand is. I've always found the idea of being passionate enough about something to ink your body with it fascinating, and I wonder if I will ever feel that strongly about anything.

Trouble finds his magic, pops the lock into place, and turns to me. "All set, but you might want to get some WD-40 in case it sticks again. Actually, a new lock is probably a safer bet."

It is new, but I say, "Yes. Good idea. Thanks."

We stare at each other. Why are we standing here staring at each other? And why is he here? Does he have a unit of his own? Do I care? I mean, he helped me, but then, wasn't Ted Bundy a good-looking guy who played hero to unsuspecting women like me? Of course, I doubt a man like this one needs to stalk women in storage units to kill them. They'd fall willingly at his feet.

The light flickers again and jolts some sense into me. Move. I need to move and be smart. Being alone in this hallway with a stranger is not safe. I bend down and pick up my box.

"Where's that going? I can take it—"

"No!" I reply a bit too emphatically. "I'm good. Thanks for the help." I rush down the hallway and, dang it, the stupid box is heavy and I have to stop and shift the weight. Finally, though, I'm across the vacant parking lot, standing beside my new ten-year-old white Camry, thankfully parked under a streetlight.

I shove my haul into the backseat and quickly open the driver's door. Unable to fight the urge, I turn to look back at the building, and I suck in a breath when I find Trouble standing at the doorway through which I'd departed, staring at me. And once again, I, too, just stand there and do nothing but stare at him. I'm not frightened, though maybe I should be, but I think . . . I think he's making sure I got to my car okay. I think I want to go back to the building, thank him for his help, and find out his real name. But that would be inviting real trouble. I almost laugh at the silly play on words but they hold too much truth to dismiss them, and I force myself to turn away from my locksmith hero. Trouble is exactly what that man makes me want to invite.

I slide into my car and lock the door but don't drive away. I sit in the darkness with this sense of being afraid, and not of the man I've left behind. Of always running and never being daring enough for a man like Trouble. Of always being so cautious that I'm never more than I am right now.

Ella was right. I have to take risks. I have to make things happen, or life will slip away. I pull the plastic pouch out of my pocket and work the paper free again, searching for an address to punch into my GPS.

I'm going to the bus station. I'm going to find out what's in that locker.

***
READ THE NEXT PART HERE: https://www.wattpad.com/307738220-beh...
***
ABOUT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS AND HOW IT FITS IN WITH INSIDE OUT AND CARELESS WHISPERS:
This book is a breather for Careless Whispers readers. It's not about Ella and Kayden, but it does have some really fun Ella scenes in it from BEFORE she lost her memory. I wrote this book to give readers a lighter, standalone read for them to enjoy while waiting for SURRENDER, the final Careless Whispers book, to come out.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, arc
ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review

Release Date: October 17, 2016

LRJ really knows how to create swoon-worthy heroes. This hero, Jason, was a player. A professional poker player who had a history of no-strings flings. But his game changed when he met the one. Skye. Now who doesn't love a womanizing hero who stops because he's found his one true love??? Yeah, I was a sucker for hottie Jason!

How do they meet? Jason's being blackmailed and he thinks that Skye is involved. There's a whole lot of insta-lust a
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

Desperate to pay for law school, Skye tries her hand at auction hunting with her friend Ella, only to find a poker chip and a note leading to an offsite locker. The next thing she knows, Jason “Red Bull” Wise—a famous, millionaire poker player—is at her door, accusing her of blackmail. Innocent, she swears he’s wrong. He rolls the dice and believes her, impulsively inviting her along to Las Vegas. And remarkably, cautious Skye takes a risk, finding herself seduced by this dangerously alluring man,
Lisa Jones
Sep 21, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Behind Closed Doors is out Monday the 17th and it's NOT A RE-ISSUE --
Audio and ebook! http://bit.ly/BehindClosedDoorsAmazon
Sadly everyone thinks this book is a re-issue but it is not. The first three chapters were done on line for free three years ago and everyone is confused. It's now 85k and I am so sad that it seems no one is going to read it! But the dates and formats changed several times and t
Joëlle
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. ***

A famous poker player being blackmailed and a woman who’s afraid of taking risks. What will she do when Trouble crosses her path? Or is it a man in trouble? A story of earning trust, betrayal and suspense. Another wonderful book from LRJ.

This one can be read as a stand-alone but it gives a little bit more insight in Ella so if you plan to read the ‘Carless Whispers’ series I would advise to read books 1 and 2
Aug 16, 2013 marked it as freebies  ·  review of another edition
Parts 1-5 can be read on Lisa Renee Jones's blog HERE

Part 6 can be read on the Storage Auctions website HERE

UPDATE: I asked Lisa on twitter how many parts there would be and she said she's writing until it's done so she isn't sure. I'll try to update this with links to each new part as they are posted though.

23rd Aug Edited to add:
Part 7 can now be read on the Storage Auctions website HERE
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Lisa Renee Jones is becoming one of my must read authors! I've read a small handful of her books now and they do not disappoint. She's really good about keeping you guessing until the end, which I love. It keeps me engaged and makes the story more intriguing. I've noticed she doesn't throw in other women/men drama, no cheating and HEA's. While this book has characters from other series, it's a standalone, so you won't get lost. I highly recommend! ARC provided by NetGalley.
Snow
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 "live it up" stars

One real-life auction bought storage unit, brings Skye the unexpected excitment of her controlled, secured and a bit dull life, when she finds a key to a locker in a bus station, leading her to a mysterious note and a poker chip. The next morning, she's face to face with Jason Wise, a professional poker player who's accusing her of being a part of a blackmail ploy against him. She's stunned and shocked by tose accusations and yet she can't help the butterflies swirming around down below.

The attraction
~Stéphanie's Journal~
DNF at 50%

When I requested it, I had no blurb and no idea what this book was about. I thought it was in Sara's univers as it was part of the series. While she appears in the book, the main subject is not about her.
So I have to apologize because while this book might be interesting, I never connected with it.
Both MC were likeable but I didn't understand their connection. And halfway through the book nothing majors really happened between these two so I'm wondering how is i
Bj
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "A Glimpse at a Pro Poker Player's Life" Stars for the story and narration.

Source: Library-copy.
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 18, 2016 marked it as top-tbr
Q & A about this book and series from LRJ Facebook Page HERE and below

PLEASE READ!!! I've been getting a lot of questions about my upcoming new release BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. And I thought I'd answer them for everyone:

1) Is this a new book?

YES! I did write the first three chapters 2-3 years ago, and released it on my website and Storage Treasures, but the book that you are (hopefully) pre-ordering is a COMPLETE 85,000 word novel, that has never been published before (outside
Juanita
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 hot poker player stars
Carlene Inspired
ARC provided via Netgalley.

4.5 Stars

Skye's life is mundane, she's doing all she can to make her dreams come true and to leave her past in the past. She doesn't take risks, she doesn't do relationships or men, and she certainly doesn't buy other people's stuff in a storage auction. Letting Ella coerce her into buying the storage room should only mean a little bit a debt, but instead it flips everything upside down, introducing her to Jason Wise and a whole lot of risk she
Shayna
Once again, Lisa Renee Jones gives us romantic suspense like no other. BEHIND CLOSED DOORS was a fast-paced, seductive, and mysterious thrill ride that had me jonesing for more.

Let’s get to the important part, because believe me, it can get a little confusing out there in social media. There is so many different ideas on what this book really entails, so let me break it down for you.

1.) BEHIND CLOSED DOORS can be read as a complete standalone romance. This book is not a re-issue of any kind. This is a brand new,
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I'm not even sure how many books I have read by Lisa Renée Jones. She is a master storyteller in the romance genre and no matter what book I've picked up by her, each one has been a memorable read.

Behind Closed Doors offers us a unique twist on the Las Vegas type story. With particular care and time spent on developing characters that mesh together perfectly, you are easily transported right into the heat of the story.

Combining a bit of intrigue, mystery, and, of course,
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"And then it does...

Lisa Renee Jones never fails to stir up all my senses when I'm reading one of her books. She pulls out so many facets of her characters. She doesn't just tell the story, she tells other stories within the story so that even if you don't realize it now, you will later. While this story was very suspenseful, what I can't get over is Ella. I've been reading about her in other books, and I had no idea about some of the things revealed in Behind Closed Doors. I wish I could tell you, but it's
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
"Behind Closed Doors" Careless Whispers 2.5 by author Lisa Renee Jones.
My Rating is 4 Stars!

**I was given and ARC from the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

"Behind Closed Doors" is an addition the the Careless Whisper Series. However this novel is a standalone with an HEA and you do not need to read the prior books in this series to enjoy it. I am actually proof of that because I have yet to read them. And I do stress yet. The heroine from the first two boo/>My
Kaleigh ❤️
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Red Bull Stars

I gave this book 5 stars because I have been in the WORST book hangover/funk lately. For the past week no books were catching my attention and usually ended up being a Big Fat DNF. I was starting to give up hope and then this GEM came into my life! I knew Lisa Renee Jones would make this happen because so far this author has NEVER disappointed me! She knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat...finger starting to hurt from flipping the pages so quickly to see what's going t
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
3.5 stars :D

“Agreed. No tomorrow.”
- Jacob

* * *
“Words are like poker. Talk is cheap and only blackjack counts.”
- Skye
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First off I want to say that Lisa Renee Jones is one of my absolute favorite authors out there. I read every thing she writes and each time I think that book is my favorite. Yes, this book is a standalone and can definitely be read even if you haven't read any of her books. In true Lisa Renee Jones fashion there is always a story within a story. One of the things I adore about her books is none of them are predictable. I was hooked from page one, fell in love with Skye and Jason from the very ge ...more
Linda
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Skye gets roped into buying abandoned lockers with her friend, she had no idea what this would do to her normal life.
Now theres a poker playing gorgeous man on her doorstep, thinking shes a blackmailer, and a mystery in the locker that Skye has to see through.
When it takes her to Vegas with mr Trouble, it will all become dangerous, and Skye will have to make decisions about who to trust..
Contemporary romance, fluffy smut and suspense in a great combo.
Disclaimer; I was given a free copy
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another hot and sexy read by Lisa Renee Jones that will have you burning up your e-reader with how fast you turn the pages. Behind Closed Doors is a fast-paced, well-written outstanding read with a great plot-line that keeps you guessing right up to the end, and strong characters that come alive on the page. With a great mix of mystery, blackmail, suspense, intrigue, a chemistry that leaps off the page, and oh so hot sex, this book will leave you drooling for more.

An ARC was provided
Heather andrews
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jason makes some yummy promises, the kind that leaves wetness in the panties, "then he grins and says, “‘Eff them’ poker— and then I’m going to eff you every which way you’ll let me, baby.” He releases me and starts walking." I really liked this book Jason didn't know what he was expecting with Skye and that girl tested his limits from the first second they met.
Riz
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars!
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"I was provided by Book Enthusiast Promotions with a free copy of this book so I could give an honest review."

What can a reader say after reading just one of Lisa's Renne books? That this woman is a hell of writer!!! Her ability to keep the readers hooked by her sensational stories and narrate each one of them with such versatile, intigue way, it's riveting. Every line, every page I read it was like I was there, living everything, feeling everything together with the heroes. The variety of circumst
Pete
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Behind Closed Doors is book 1 in the Behind Closed Doors series, by Lisa Renee Jones . Wouldn’t you know it, yet another billionaire blackmail scheme.

Gambling is not in my favorite things to do, especially since I attended trade shows in Los Vegas for 22 years. The story between Jason and Skye is interesting with their vastly different backgrounds. Suspense, mystery, and lotsa steamy scenes amongst a significant amount of arguing which they were able to work out.

Overall, this was another good LRJ book
Lynn Reynolds
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Skye listens to her friend Ella and buys a storage unit. Jason Wise has come into her life and brought a mystery with him. Skye wants to be in the legal profession but I don’t get that she’s got the drive of some of them. Which I think Jason uses to his advantage.

What I was impressed with is that the author knows how to create a real jerk. Believe me, you won’t have any trouble spotting him once he makes his appearance. I already have Las Vegas on my bucket list but this book solidif
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Untitled (Honor, #6)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • 10 Shades of Seduction
  • Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • Shadow Cursed (The Daughters of Darkness #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • The Art of Redemption (The Art of D/s, #0.5)
  • Blood Tree: Part Two
  • Forgiving Gia (Rocker, #2)
  • Treat Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #8)
  • Wrapped in Shadows
  • His (Hers, #4)
  • My Guardian Angel
  • The Flesh Cartel, Season 1: Damnation
  • Judicial Misconduct (Lawyers in Love, #6)
  • On the Outside Looking In (Wrong Reasons #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT series. Suzanne Todd (producer of Alice in Wonderland) on the INSIDE OUT series: Lisa has created a beautiful, complicated, and sensual world that is filled with intrigue and suspense. Sara’s character is strong, flawed, complex, and sexy - a modern girl we all can identify with.
“I just gave you permission to fuck me, but be clear: I'm not another notch on your belt. You're a notch on mine.” 0 likes