Start by marking “The Gospel of Pilate” as Want to Read:
The Gospel of Pilate

The Gospel of Pilate

For two thousand years, the name of Pontius Pilate has been remembered with vile contempt. Cursed by countless generations for his one fateful decision, this otherwise obscure Roman bureaucrat has been forever damned in the eyes of history.

Now, however, a subway construction project under the streets of modern Rome has inadvertently uncovered the archeological find of the
Kindle Edition, 1, 618 pages
Published September 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Gospel of Pilate, please sign up.
Paul Creasy It is both historical fiction and a contemporary thriller. The ancient story tells the events leading up to the trial, crucifixion and ultimate…moreIt is both historical fiction and a contemporary thriller. The ancient story tells the events leading up to the trial, crucifixion and ultimate resurrection of Jesus from Pontius Pilate's viewpoint. The contemporary story involves the discovery of Pilate's report of these events to the Emperor, and the intrigue that flows from that. (less)

Start your review of The Gospel of Pilate
Anthony
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Chris Manion, Linda Hackmeyer, Joan Lochese
Recommended to Anthony by: Amazon
November 11, 2017

A Review by Anthony T. Riggio, of the book The Gospel of Pilate by Paul E. Creasy

I purchased this book in the Kindle format in September 2017 and from the description, I thought I would enjoy this book albeit, a work of fiction. Like many of the books I purchase on Kindle, I waited some time before I read it. Coincidentally, I was studying the Gospel of John in Bible study at Saint Rita Church and I felt that perhaps it would be incongruous to read this novel at the same time. I
Lauri
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two stories going on at the same time.
-As the book indicates, Holy Week from Pilate's perspective. LOVED this part. Puts the Bible story in its Roman context, revealing how the Jews and their practices appeared to the heathen culture.
-Archaeological "thriller"

Then there was the Completely unexpected Examination and assessment of atheism point by point, logically. Very nicely incorporated into the storyline.

This is definitely done from a Roman Catholic perspective. There are details and
Ionia
Feb 17, 2019 added it
This is a truly fantastic book. I was not only impressed by the author's ability to tell a good story, but to interweave actual history into the story he told. I loved both the depiction of the ancient world and the happenings in the modern era.

My problem with most books of fiction that feature Pilate, is that the author either takes the sympathetic route and makes him out to be a poor, misunderstood fool, or conversely, blames him for everything. It was nice to see an author go somewhere down
Sue Beal
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating read!

This historical fiction has it all - mystery, intrigue, romance - and it appeared to be more historical than fictional. There is so much in this book that the reader has to pause from time to time to consider and process what is being said.
Jenna
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah rely on faith alone!

Even though this was a book of fiction, based on actual events concerning Jesus, Pilate, etc it's a good read.
Terresa Terry
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it. It is a great page turner. Very good writer kept me on my seat

Great job keep up the good work. I will read more of he work. It was so good this good of really hsppened
Dani Bonam
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
levon
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished one of the most faith-affirming fiction books I ever read. It should actually be considered a semi-fictional account as it is pretty much a true account of the life and death of Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God. The author has come up with a very believable discovery of ancient scrolls containing Pontius Pilate's account of the trial and Crucifixion of Jesus. It made the story feel so true ,as it is, because he describes the reason for Jesus having brought the wrath of the ...more
Kathy
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazing!

This book was absolutely engrossing from the beginning! The details, the dual time points that worked so well together! Even the ending left one satisfied! It was not all cloak and dagger, Indiana Jones, there were some rather humorous spots that really added to the moment. The theological discussion between Thomas and Father Dominic was one I found to be very deep and well considered, not something I would expect to find in an adventure type book.

The viewpoint from Pilate was also
Lewis Smith
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first saw this book on Amazon and read the synopsis, I was struck by how closely it resembled the plotline of my own novel on this subject, THE TESTIMONIUM. I downloaded a copy for my Kindle and after reading the first twenty or so pages, I quickly realized that Creasy had taken a basic premise similar to mine - the modern discovery of Pilate's report to Rome about the crucifixion of Jesus - and taken it in a very different direction than my own story. I might add, he did so in a very ...more
Cindy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read! The author does a great job of marrying the past when Jesus walked the earth, with modern times, showing how people and things really don't change all that much. We view the last week of the Lord's life on earth through the eyes of Pilate, his wife, and their slaves. The author has taken pains to be historically accurate too, which only makes the book better. The story also shows us some great ways to witness to others about our faith, and best of all, how to answer some of ...more
Heidi
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

This is a dual storyline book. One story tells the story of the trials and subsequent crucifixion of Christ. Pontius Pilate's reaction to his culpability in the death of the Messiah. The other story takes place in modern Rome where a somewhat nefarious archeologists works for a construction company who is excavating under the city of Rome below the known line of ancient times. During excavation, an camphor is uncovered and the archeologist is asked to remove it from the site,
Carrie Terrell
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon
An authors interpretation

What if we actually came across ancient scrolls depicting the last days of Jesus? Would anyone believe it? Would I believe it? Would it change my course of life choices? These are the circumstances Thomas must face as the construction firm he is contracted with uncovers an ancient amphora with what appears to be the ancient scrolls of Pilate. The story takes us back to the times of Jesus and the lives of the people of that ancient time. It also takes us to current times
Jane
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did not know exactly what to expect from this book and was wonderfully surprised to find it so well written. It takes place in today and in the time of Pilate. It is a mystery and a love story. The best part is the written description of the existence of God. Never before read anything like this and recommend it highly for anyone who doubts God's existence.

Author did a lot research on the time period. Well documented. The section which describes ancient Israel in the time of Christ was
Michael R. Zuelke
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one is a keeper. I loved the use of two time periods - the times of Pilate and Jesus and the more modern time of Thomas and Victoria. The back and forth helped hold my interest. I appreciated the debate on atheism between Fr. Dominic and Thomas but it may be a bit too involved for the average reader. I would also have appreciated a bit more of a wrap-up on Pilate after he filed his report - what happened to him and Claudia? Also what about Veronica and Aristarchus? I know this is a work of ...more
Linda Cooper-Smith
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unique Read and is Based on Truth

I've been a Christian all my life and by reading this book I learned so very much. As I was reading it I read Wikipedia's biography on Pontius Pilate, and despite what I was taught in church I learned he is regarded as a great man. There is a day of celebration for Pilot and his wife. Claudia, his wife, has been declared a saint by the Catholic Church. So although fiction, the Catholic Church has in its vast library portions of Pontius Pilate's report to the
Patti Fischetti
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very slow at first.

When I started reading this book, it was a tedious read. A lot of cumbersome dialogue that bog it down and made it hard to get through. Then it picks up! There are murder and a bombing of an apartment building and things start to happen. Tom Lampton, archeologists living and working in Rome, gets ahold of an amphora with historical documents inside and he puts them in a safe deposit box and then he goes to Florence for a little vacation. Little does he know that there are
Barbara Tsipouras
This very suspenseful novel tells the story of Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection from a different point of view and combines it with an Indiana Jones like thriller about the find of Pilate's record to Tiberius mixed with an apologetic dialogue that sums up the most important arguments but makes seem Thomas, the supposedly very intelligent archeologist, quite ignorant. Pilate, his wife Claudia and their Greek slave on the other hand are masterly crafted and seem real. The Cardinal is too good ...more
Susan Kite
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pilates POV

This was a very intriguing and entertaining story. I liked the idea of using Pontius Pilate as the main protagonist in this fictional recreation of Christs death. The story telling was fast paced with few errors. My only complaint would be that it needed to be edited down by at least a few thousand words. I ended up skimming through much of the modern day dialogue without losing the plot.
MICHAEL CLICK
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exellent!

No real surprise here on the Biblical end of the story, but lots of twists and turns in the contemporary end. All the characters are well fleshed-out and believable. I did not care for the but where satan is able to possess people and speak and operate through them, even though demonic possession is Biblical. It does personify evil, so I guess it was necessary. This has all the makings of a big-budget Hollywood blockbuster!
MARY JANE CLARK
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Great Story

I really enjoyed this book as it wove several themes and plots together. For Christians, the story may be well known but the characters are presented in a fresh way. The concept of technology and power being used and abused for self-serving purposes is only too true, sadly. Greed, murders, religion, history and love combine here in this book that transcends 2000 years. Very well written and engrossing.
Karen Dawkins
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting read

Very interesting read. At times it was difficult switching from the four story lines, but was worth the time spent reading. I highly recommend this interesting two major stories of present time danger and intrigue versus eye-witness accounts of the death and resurrection of Jesus. I really liked learning of the author's interest in the history of Rome.
BeverlyNespal
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seek and you shall find:

This is a different take on Christ's death and resurrection. Told from Pilates view it gave a different perspective on those involved. Also you are introduced to an Archeologist who finds the scrolls that tell the events from his perspective. This was a great read.
sarah garoutte
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally awesome!I was absolutely captivated by this book. You feel as if you are there in both past and present. A complete my different view of a story you already know.

Totally awesome! I was absolutely captivated by this book. You feel as if you are there in both past and present. A completely different view of a story you already know.
Robert Floyd
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice gospels supplement

Paul Creasy in this novel gave much color to the events of the last week of Jesus' life as presented in the Gospels. The narration was well-written, and the story line was fascinating. My only negative thought was that the exact words of Pilate's report to the Emperor was not shown in the book.
Etta Pratt
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read if you love a mystery.

I originally chose this book for its archeological mystery, however being a Christian the book was very fascinated. It brought the Resurrection story to life in a whole new way. I would high recommend this book for both believers and unbelievers in Christ.
Brandy Vicino
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to others. I didnt consider it to be just a religious story but a great read all on its own. It fell into several categorie. Romantic, And historical. Plus its not a series. ...more
Shirley Sudhoff`
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This book is fiction or is it? What if there is such a scroll BA's written about in this book? Would it make the world a better place ? Read this book and decide for yourself.
Rich Bisanz
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is very hard to put down, very well written.

Do not be dissuaded from reading this book because of the Christian theme. Great mystery, characters and it was very hard to put down. Try reading a few chapters and you will find yourself wanting to finish the book.
Grant Ashley
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent historical novel of Rome and origin of Christianity

This is a well written and plausible historical novel of the Ancient Roman Empire and the beginnings of Christianity. It can equally well be considered a first rate Christian novel.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Army of God
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles #1)
  • The Heart of a King (The Loves of King Solomon #1-4)
  • Judah's Wife: A Novel of the Maccabees (The Silent Years #2)
  • Egypt's Sister: A Novel of Cleopatra (The Silent Years, #1)
  • Building Benjamin: Naomi's Journey (Tribes of Israel)
  • The Mystery of Julia Episcopa
  • A.D. 33 (A.D., #2)
  • Jerusalem Rising: Adah's Journey
  • Geronimo's Bones
  • Journey to the Well
  • The Crimson Cord: Rahab's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land, #1)
  • Lioness: Mahlah's Journey (Daughters of Zelophehad #1)
  • The Amish Widow (Amish Secret Widows' Society #1)
  • Fireflies
  • Casey Jones Mysteries Vol. 1-6 (Casey Jones Mystery Series)
  • Shadows of Lancaster County
  • MAYAN STAR
Paul Creasy was born in Radford, Virginia, the only child of Victor (Gene) and Marla Creasy. He grew up in the small town of Bluefield, West Virginia before moving to Richmond, Virginia where he graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University.

He continues to reside in Richmond today, with his lovely wife Mary and their rambunctious puppy Truffle. Apart from writing, Paul enjoys old horror movies,