Start by marking “The Power of Love (Kissed by an Angel, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Power of Love (Kissed by an Angel, #2)

The Power of Love

(Kissed by an Angel #2)

A month after his death, angel Tristan is still trying to warn Ivy of impending danger. Only after narrowly escaping death does Ivy know the truth--Tristan is with her, and angels do exist. For young adult readers, this trilogy blending celestial visitors, teen romance and suspense is a match made in heaven.
Published August 1st 1995 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Love

Agnieska a.k.a. Gut
Feb 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
I don't say that this book or all series is bad, I really don't thinks so. But I hated it. Main girl just way too naive and stupid for my temper. Also, ending was quite obvious. I liked much more first book ;)
Lucy (Talk Less, Smile More)
As I said in the review for the first book, I knew that it was a setup for something great. I enjoyed this book way more than the first; characters are becoming more complex (view spoiler). I think I recall a review saying how they appreciate the dark element that's being added to the story, and I couldn't agree more. Something very dark is going on and I can't wait to find out what it is. I am so suspicious of everyone and I love it. I love not knowing who the b ...more
Jaimie
Jan 30, 2011 added it
Shelves: 2011
I did enjoy The Power of Love more than Kissed By An Angel. The story ventured a little more into the darker side which it really needed, so I liked that.
So a little more specific details (which could contain spoilers, so beware!)

Tristan, of course, is an angel now and spends the entire book trying to convince Ivy that he exists and still loves her (which he thinks is his mission but turns out not to be). Ivy, on the other hand, no longer believes in angels so she starts leaning on Gregory for s
Trisha
Aug 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-physical
and we continue the story of Tristan, who is dead and is still here roaming earth. He has a mission, he's positive he knows what it is.

and we have Ivy. still fumbling around, trying to deny that Tristan is still around and still being attacked, asking the wrong questions and being reckless. ahh, silly Ivy.

It was great to see so many different sides of all the secondary characters. Suzanne, Gregory, Eric, Andrew, Beth, Will, even Phillip. We have more information now but still not all the answers
Asia
Sep 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
This series is actually an all in one book at walmart for 9 bucks. its black with a rose on the cover. simple and elegant.
i recommend the three in one because the story flows immediately from one book to the next.

beautiful book. love story with mystery, suspense.. love it.
the characters have been staying with me for a while now.
Angela
Apr 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
This series of books was my absolute favorite as a teenager. It's a really romantic story, that you always wish could actually happen.
María
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Gregory is the creepiest guy on this planet. No kidding.
Hayley Ringger
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Power of Love,” by Mary Claire Helldorfer, is a romantic sequel of Kissed by an Angel about a girl and her angel. In the first book Ivy and Tristan are the cutest couple in their neighborhood until a tragic accident falls upon them. Now in this book Ivy has to try and go on with her life while Tristan is her guardian angel. Tristan has to figure out if the accident wasn’t really an accident and who is trying to hurt Ivy. Also, Ivy use to believe in guardian angels, but after the accident sh ...more
Zoey Fischer
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
this was an amazing book. it kept me wanting to keep read. I could never seem to put this amazing story down. I Love this series. I have nothing bad to say about this book because it really was such a great read. I would read this book over and over again. it is a great add on to the mystery love story in the series. I absolutely love this series. I can never seem to get enough of it. I really d enjoy reading this series so much.
Thomas.Noelponeragmail.Com
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
nice
Marcella
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Once again, became good at the end!
Kelsey
Nov 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
in it for the cliffhanger at the end. :/
Dawlyn LBBF
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up on a whim because I wanted something quick and it was a great continuation of the series.
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

The Power of Love picks up where Kissed by an Angel left off. Tristan has been killed in a car accident and is now an angel. He has discovered that Ivy is in danger, but doesn’t know who is out to hurt her.

Suzanne has finally snagged Gregory as her boyfriend, but she is getting jealous of all the attention that he gives Ivy. Suzanne tries to push Ivy towards Will, but when Ivy doesn’t go for it she starts to cut Ivy out of her life.

Ivy is attacked when she is
Vicki
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right now about the only thing I can say is that is the BIGGEST cliffhanger ending I think I've ever seen. It's just about impossible not to read Soulmates right this minute!

I enjoyed this book more than book 1 because I felt like I know the characters better, there was plenty of action and mystery. And, even though the cliffhanger drove me NUTS, I still loved it! It definitely decided for me to read book 3. LOL

Tristan is an angel who died in book 1 (no spoiler) and is now trying to protect Ivy
Raddy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5/5
this was actually really entertaining. i expected it to be more cheesy but im really invested in the story.
Jordan C.
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
January Book Report, The Power of Love, Elizabeth Chandler

The second book in the trilogy, Kissed by an Angel, The Power of Love is about a girl named Ivy who is dealing with the death of her boyfriend Tristan. Ivy temporarily lost belief in the angels that she prayed to, therefore, not being able to see or know that Tristan was her guardian angel. When many events and multiple friends convince Ivy that Tristan really is an angel, she believes again and lets Tristan in. Tristan is able to talk wi
Lilly
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** https://bookishheaven.wordpress.com/2... **

Kissed by an Angel trilogy is an angelic romantic suspense trilogy. I absolutely love the books and I TOTALLY recommend them!!!

This book series consists of a combination of romance and mystery.
It’s about Ivy and Tristan, a teen in-love couple that got teared apart die to a terrible accident that changed EVERYTHING!!!
Tristan ended up dying in the accident leaving Ivy devastated and depressed which resulted in her loosing her faith in Angels. Tristan r
Courtney Squire
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I give this book a rating of 4.5 stars. I enjoyed every bit of this book! It was awesome!! It gave me feels and made me pretty sad and depressed, lol.. This book was super cute and romantic, but also extremely suspenseful and creepy. At parts, it creeped me out real badly. And I love it when a book does that.
But it was mostly really sad and depressing :'( WHY?? Why does he have to die?!?! Why does this book have me feeling so horrible inside?? I JUST WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER!!!!!! IVY AND TRISTA
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
Lica Reads

This book was exciting. Really. After Tristan discover that his accident was no accident, he tries whatever he can to tell Ivy that she has to be careful.

But it's not easy to make things move in his new form, and telling Ivy is impossible, she doesn't believe in angels anymore.

Tristan learns new things and new forms to discover who cut his car break and if his accident had anything to do with Caroline's suicide, if it could be called that.

I gotta say that I was super curious to know wh
Anna
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. It was so thought provoking. It makes you think about how one tragic accident can make your entire faith and perspective change. It's very confusing at first, but it later made sense.

Ivy is just a normal teenage girl, only she believes in angels. Her world is flipped upside down when her mother decides to marry the hometown millionaire. Now, Ivy must move, change schools, and give up her freedom. Although, she finds some light in it. She finds some great friends, and finds herself t
Morgan Duplechin
Aug 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Ugh I am so frustrated with this series right now. It starts off exactly where the first left off leaving you thinking that something exciting is going to happen and some mystery is about to unfold. Nope. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Instead I found that hardly anything changed from the beginning to the end of the book. I love the general idea of the book but sadly it was a huge disappointment compared to the first book. Though I love Elizabeth Chandler, I have to say that this book was very dull and se ...more
B
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm getting less and less fond of Ivy...
Tristan is dead. Ivy won't believe in angels anymore, she wouldn't listen to her own little brother, and would prefer to cling to the shady Gregory figure, who, let's face it since it was obvious, framed the poor cat in the first book and tweaked the tree house so Phillip would fall. But, of course, Ivy would not see that. And, although I do like Tris, I wonder why he haven't visited his parents since he died. Sad.
In terms of writing, the second book felt
Winnie's89
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With this second volume, we go straight into the story. We advance slowly into the details of the accident at Tristan. I thought it was Eric who had sabotaged the brakes and killed the mother of Caroline Gregory, but we realize that Gregory is acting weird. the fact that almost flirting with her half-sister Ivy and they want to know what she sees in his nightmares, his conscience speaking. Desperation and Tristan who tries to prevent it from danger. When the book ends, it remains on its end with ...more
G
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Everything that bothered me about the first book, annoyed me to the extremes. The last chapters were more interesting - to an extent - but it's still the story of a whiny girl who begs you to pity her, her bitchy best friend and the other lifeless best friend writer, with a bad boy a brother and the love of her life dead (who's also getting pretty annoying).

Lacey is the non-annoying part of it all. I do like her. I hope they go somewhere interesting with her in the last book, because seriously,
Hanako
Aug 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
It's a nice story. Tristan is becoming Ivy's protective Angel through her friends and her little brother. He's trying to understand who wants to hurt her and why, and maybe it's the reason of his own death.
We still don't know the mission of the second Angel, Lacey who might have already discovered it but who doesn't want to explain it to Tristan. Maybe everything is linked together ? Looking forward to discover who from Gregory, Ivy's stepbrother and Eric, his dark and weird friend is the most e
Autumn
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Although " Kissed by an Angel" was really good, I personally liked the second one better! It was alot more suspenseful than what the first one was. It went more into the darker side. Sunday morning i was up for 3 hours reading it, i couldn't put it down it was really good!!

I remember reading it in the 6th Grade, i heard there were a few more books to the series so i thought i'd read the series again so that i could read the newer ones. I loved it then and I love it now!! Totally worth the read!
Sara
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was easier to get through because I understood the characters more and it was more developed. Honestly, I thought a lot more could have happened in this book. Yes, there are new details added to the mystery, but I feel like this shouldn't have been a separate book from the other two. It had wonderful rising action and a climax but unfortunately, it ended at the climax. (I figured this isn't too big of a spoiler).
Allie (alliecatreads)
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm just going to say a few things. I have a love/hate relationship with the majority of the characters. Suzanne I do not like at all. She's annoying and doesn't treat Ivy well. I don't even know why Ivy is friends with her. I have a love/hate relationship with Gregory. Right now I want to shoot him. Make him bleed. Anyway, this book dragged along quite a bit and I hope the story speeds up in the final book.
Kristin
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rereads
It is so fun reading this series again.

This is the middle of the trilogy, so it definitely had its slow moments, butt was still good.

Ivy is trying to move on from losing Tristan. He is learning more about how tone an angel, and is working to figure out why he died and how Ivy is in danger.

Just a good book. :)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Unholy Death (Requiem #2)
  • 名探偵コナン 21 (Detective Conan #21)
  • In the Mind of a Dying Man
  • Absolution (Heavenly, #3)
  • Reckoning (The Fallen, #4)
  • Heaven and Hell (Beautiful Beings, #2)
  • Guardian (Halflings, #2)
  • Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3)
  • アオハライド 10 (Ao Haru Ride, #10)
  • Raven (Feather, #3)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
  • InuYasha: Love and Lust (InuYasha, #18)
  • Last Chance Angel
  • Obsessive (Issues, #2)
  • Phoenix (Beautiful Dead, #4)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Winter
  • Best of Taylor Swift: Big-Note Piano
Elizabeth Chandler is a pseudonym for Mary-Claire Helldorfer. She currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland.

Kissed by an Angel (6 books)
  • Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1)
  • Soulmates (Kissed by an Angel, #3)
  • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
  • Everlasting (Kissed by an Angel, #5)
  • Everafter (Kissed by an Angel #6)
“When a writer looked at an empty computer screen, what did she see? Tristan wondered. A movie screen ready to be lit with faces? A night sky with one small star blinking at the top, a universe ready to be written on? Endless possibilities. Love's endless twists and turns - and all love's impossibilities.” 59 likes
“Ivy bent down to look at the screen. "No! Yes! No! Yes!" she read, then laughed a little sadly. "It sounds like me when I first met Tristan."

"It's Tristan," Beth typed quickly.

Ivy stopped smiling.

Tristan pressed on, and Beth typed as fast as he thought: "Be careful, Ivy. It's dangerous, Ivy. Don't stay alone. Love you. Tristan.”
0 likes